Graphic and text resizing

I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it.
But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the
shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The
graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller.

I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a
whole. Help!
--
Norma
0

Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow."

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it.
> But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the
> shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The
> graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller.
>
> I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a
> whole. Help!
> --
> Norma

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/7/2006 9:51:04 PM
Thanks so much Mary. I don't use Publisher a lot so I had no idea how to
solve this problem. Can these same steps be done in Word too?
--
Norma

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow."
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it.
> > But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the
> > shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The
> > graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller.
> >
> > I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a
> > whole. Help!
> > --
> > Norma

0
normaj (3)
6/8/2006 3:49:02 PM
Hi Norma, I haven't any idea, but I would guess yes. Word has powerful word
processing tools. I expect help would have the answer.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks so much Mary. I don't use Publisher a lot so I had no idea how to
> solve this problem. Can these same steps be done in Word too?
> --
> Norma
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow."
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it.
>> > But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the
>> > shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The
>> > graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller.
>> >
>> > I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a
>> > whole. Help!
>> > --
>> > Norma

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/8/2006 5:05:06 PM
Hello Mary,

I came across this earlier post since I had the same problems, however the
fixes are not working for me....I also had to tell publisher both ways
(right-click on textbox, change text, autofit) and (format textbox, textbox,
text autofitting) to 'shrink to fit' since it did not carryover to both
areas, but the text is still disappearing.

Do you have any other suggestions? I would be happy to send you the file if
you think there is something I might not be seeing.

You help would be much appreciated!

Yvonne

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Hi Norma, I haven't any idea, but I would guess yes. Word has powerful word
> processing tools. I expect help would have the answer.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks so much Mary. I don't use Publisher a lot so I had no idea how to
> > solve this problem. Can these same steps be done in Word too?
> > --
> > Norma
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow."
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Breukers (1)
12/29/2006 12:42:01 AM
Sure, you can send the file to me.
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

There is a lot of help on the Microsoft Publisher web page.
Working with text
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524571033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Yvonne Breukers" <Yvonne Breukers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Mary,
>
> I came across this earlier post since I had the same problems, however the
> fixes are not working for me....I also had to tell publisher both ways
> (right-click on textbox, change text, autofit) and (format textbox, textbox,
> text autofitting) to 'shrink to fit' since it did not carryover to both
> areas, but the text is still disappearing.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions? I would be happy to send you the file if
> you think there is something I might not be seeing.
>
> You help would be much appreciated!
>
> Yvonne
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Hi Norma, I haven't any idea, but I would guess yes. Word has powerful word
>> processing tools. I expect help would have the answer.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks so much Mary. I don't use Publisher a lot so I had no idea how to
>> > solve this problem. Can these same steps be done in Word too?
>> > --
>> > Norma

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Text window not displaying inside loop
I have a utilty I'm in the process of writing for montoring the amount of remaining space on a number of network drives. I'm adding functionality to loop every X-seconds then checking the figures again. Eventually these figures will be written to a file but for now I'm trying to display them fresh on each loop to a text box. CString Output; while (CountDown--) { Output.Empty(); .. .. // extract figures and format into Output .. m_DriveList.SetWindowText (Output); // display figures Sleep (1000); // wait a second } In the current configuration this should accumulat...

Populating a text box with a Data Adapter
I'm unable to get any data to come up/appear in my text boxes...what am I doing wrong? I have two textboxes on Default.aspx <asp:TextBox ID="ClaimInfo" runat="server" </asp:TextBox> <asp:TextBox ID="PIC" runat="server" </asp:TextBox> I'm bringing the values over in a querystring and wrote a stored procedure to select * from the table. ALTER procedure [dbo].[GetClaiminfo] @Claiminfo char(6), @PIC char(2) As SELECT * FROM DelayedClaim WHERE claiminfo = @claiminfo and pic = @pic Whe...

Auto-fill empty cells with specific text
Using Excel 2010. I have text "A" in row 2, then blank spaces until row 13. Row 13 has text "B." Then I have 11 spaces until Row 24, which is text "C". I want the spaces to be filled by the preceding "label" (A, B, C). I only wish to perform this operation on Column A while keeping all other columns locked. Thank you very much in advance! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DohKcBRF2YYM or Sub FillSelectionBlanksBelow() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Selection If Cell.Value =3D "" Then Cell.Value =3D Cell.Offset(-1, 0).Valu...

Convert 010105 mmddyy text to 01/01/06
I need some help with this one. Tried everything I can think of. Thanks, Bret -- supersonicf11 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- supersonicf111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=433 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49727 Do you mean 010106? If so, Format - Cells - Date - under Type scroll down to the appropriate format. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "supersonicf111" <supersonicf111.20z9ky_1136155500.7119@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in ...

No Full Justification With Access 2007 Rich Text Property?
Just found out that the Microsoft Rich Textbox does not support full text justification, since it's based on Version 1.0 of the RichEdit Window Class, and full text justification is only available in versions 3.0 or later of the class. However, also just found out that the new Rich Text property in Access 2007 ALSO does not support full text justification! This seems incredible, that MS would create a brand new application, and not provide rich text full text justification, when that's been around since version 3.0 of the RichEdit Window Class. Just seems incredible. So, while...

Text on charts not printing
When coverting from 2000 to 2003, not all of the chart is printing. I can view it in print preview and it all shows up, but will not all print when using Excel 2003. The text boxes at the bottom of the charts. The 1st line will print, but nothing else. When it messes up the numbers/text in the graph itself will not all print either. I have expanded the text boxes and did not help. If I go to Excel 2000 it will all print fine. -- jgsharp ...

Excel 2007: Wrap Text
I have merged a number of cells, set wrap text, and set AutoFit Row height, but the cell will not wrap and adjust height. This works for non-merged cells. This function surely must work for merged cells??!! -- John Squire According to most reputable sources, *nothing* works properly where merged cells are involved... including the stability of the file. However, you've asked about this in the Mac Excel group so if you'd like to have it echoed you may want to post in the Win Excel group. Get there from" -- http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/Flyout...

show month in text
hi, if i enter the formula month(a1) where a1 is 14/02/2009. It shows 2. Is it possible to show February? Mosaddeq On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:21:01 +0700, "Mosaddeq Aziz" <mosaddeq@ymail.com> wrote: >hi, > >if i enter the formula month(a1) where a1 is 14/02/2009. It shows 2. Is it >possible to show February? > >Mosaddeq > It is, but it would be simpler to use: =text(a1,"mmmm") or just use =A1 and custom format the cell as mmmm (Format/Cells/Number/Custom Type: mmmm) --ron ...

I want to see graphics that i have inserted into publisher 2003
I have a new computer with publisher 2003 installed, I have used publisher xp for years with no problem, now when i insert a picture, logo or graphic nothing appears except the tags and I am doing real estate flyers and need to see my graphics. I am not very good with the workings of computers as I depended on my son to do all that, however he recently passed away getting a heart/lung transplant and i am lost . Can someone help in plain english Have you checked View|Pictures? Make sure Detailed Pictures is selected. (And I'm sorry about your loss.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft...

cannot print graphics copied from word 2007 for PCs into an existing word document on my mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello everyone, <br><br>I'm new to the forum and hope somebody can help. I stumbled across mactopia whilst searching for an answer to my question in google and read the thread titled &quot;drawings/graphics don't print&quot;. Unfortunately that has not solved my problem, which I outline further below. <br><br>I work from home on my mac (Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Currently I am writing up a document in word 2008 for macs. I have some graphics (png. files) that I created on my work computer, ...

Text Box #3
Hi, I was entering directions into a text box which is located near other calculations. It is annoying that the text box, will move around when you click on it. Is there any way to set the text box so that you cant move it when you are clicking around? Thanks It sounds like you used a textbox from the drawing toolbar. If you select the textbox, rightclick on it and choose format textbox, then Protection tab You can protect the location and the contents. But you have to protect the worksheet for this to take effect. (tools|protection|protect sheet) Maybe using the textbox from the con...

Moving a Text Box on a page
I am starting my third newsletter. Most pages have two text boxes side by side equidistance from the borders with a space in the middle between the two columns. This time I can't seem to use the up/down/left/right arrows to move my text boxes where I want to place them. Selecting the text box & dragging it is not satisfactory as the range is too large. The little vertical circles (top one green) connected by a vertical line are displayed when I click/select the text box I wish to move. But the text box won't move when I select the arrow keys. What am I doing wrong or no...

Can you activate a free text code from Navision in the header in W
(Word 2003) In my work I have programmed a lot of documents. In this connection I have programmed my documents to retrieve data from Navision in certain situations. (eg, date, customer number, etc.). My problem is that these data codes are located in the header and will not be activated. How do I activate them? btw, It works fine in normal text. The problem occurs when I type in the header "Rasmus" wrote: > (Word 2003) > > In my work I have programmed a lot of documents. In this connection I have > programmed my documents to retrieve data from Navisi...

Problem resizing vector clipart in Publisher 2000
Hi all, I'm having problems with someone's Publisher 2000. When they insert a clip-art picture it doesn't always render 100% correctly (there tends to be completely white areas in it) and when resizing, the mouse pointer changes to hour-glass + paint-brush and can stay like that for quite some time (e.g. 2 mintes). The resized image is often not rednered correctly either, again with white spaces in it, or sometimes completely black! I don't know if this is happening on all images, but it is certainly more than one. FYI, its running on Windows ME on an eMonster 750? W...

Restrict Data Entry to Text
As it says. Want to restrict entry to the letters "I" or "E" but I can't seem to get the formula correctly into Data Validation. Can someone help please. Data|Validation (in xl2003 menus) List Allow I,E You don't need a formula for this. GavinS wrote: > > As it says. > Want to restrict entry to the letters "I" or "E" but I can't seem to > get the formula correctly into Data Validation. > Can someone help please. -- Dave Peterson On Jun 1, 6:17=A0pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > Data|Valida...

How can I wrap text in a text box in Excel?
I'm creating a form in Excel with fields to be completed by the user. In three sections, I need to insert a text box and have the entered text wrap to the next line within the designated box. I have tried merging the cells "under" the textbox and clicking on "wrap text" but it still does not want to wrap. I'm not sure if I understand your question. I hope I'm not over simplifying. If you have a Text Box and you want the text within the box to wrap, select the box and make it narrower by dragging in one of the sides. Otherwise, if you don’t want to chan...

FW: Text box behavior?
Here's the query for replacing linefeed (only) with carriage return, line feed. -jdc John W. Vinson <mailto:jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> scribbled on Monday, July 23, 2007 5:35 PM: > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:50:35 -0400, "John Clark" > <clajo04@noemail.noemail> > wrote: > >> If not, does someone have the syntax of an update query that would >> replace the LF characters within a text field with CRLF pairs? > > UPDATE tablename > SET fieldname = > REPLACE([fieldname], Chr(10), Chr(13) & Chr(10)) WHERE fieldname LIKE ...

tool-tip or mouse-over text for fields in entities
hi all, we have customized some of our entities and added a new field here and there. so far everything is working. but some of those fields are not self explanatory and we would like to provide some info to users of our crm system what those fields are for. we added a description text to the fields but whenever I move with the mouse over the field, it only displays the name of the field itself. is there any way to display the description text with a mouse-over or tool-tip effect? or some other method of giving our users more info about the various fields they can edit? thanks! patri...

Text data -- linking Excel sheets
Say if I am surveying 10 people and am asking 5 questions of each and those questions have a text answer (i.e. a sentence or phrase). 1. In Excel 2000, can a master sheet be created listing the text answers to Question 1 from the Excel sheets of the 10 different people? I know this is done with numeric data but I need to know for text. 2. If Excel 2000 can't, how about 2007? Yes, you can reference text cells in other sheets (like sheet1!B2) just like you can reference numeric cells. "MM" wrote: > Say if I am surveying 10 people and am asking 5 questions...

VBA Modifier, Can report text Field have multiple lines with code?
I'm trying to use the VB modifier to create an address string on an invoice report. I'm adding a carriage return after each address value. After building the string I set a large text box on the report equal to the string. This is my attempt at collapsing empty address spaces. My code builds the string but the text box only displays the first line. Is there something like a multi-line property for text boxes I can use? Thanks! Keivn Here is a snipit of the code I'm using: Private Sub Report_BeforePH(SuppressBand As Boolean) Dim sAddress As String If Len(BillToContact)...

How do I save multiple messages as text file?
When I select multiple messages -> file -> save as text file. Only the headers of the messages are saved and not the bodies. In Outlook 2003, how do I save the bodies also? Thanks. ...

how to make controls move after parent resize?
Hi all, I've created a dialog based app, and I have put some controls in it that I want to move or resize when I resize the dialog. In the old days, on certain non-Windows machines this was done by specifying that a control was attached to one or more edges of the parent, and the GUI took care of changing the controls' positions and sizes. But how is this done under Windows? Is there an easy answer? Thanks in advance -V One solution is to handle WM_SIZE in your dialog. Then move/resize the controls in OnSize. Regards Niraj "Varf" <Varf@hoopomail.com> wrote in message ...

Matching Text Files
Is it possible to take the addresses from sheet 2 and add them to sheet 1. The data I work with is almost 50,000 records long or I would just copy and past, or sort, filter or something. I'm trying to find a vba way to match up the names from sheet 2 and then add the addressed to the same names on sheet 1. Any ideas? Thx in advance. throw excel out the window and use a DATABASE. Excel can't handle more than 64k records; and it'll bog down way before that. good luck, I strongly reccomend MS SQL SERVER. Tim, Try using a VLOOKUP formula, with False as the last parameter....

Lost Text
-- NotnaI am using Word 2007, part of the Microsoft Office Home and Student package. The computer is operating on Vista Premium. It is a Packard Bell, Intel (R) Core™Duo CPU E7500 @2.93 GHz 400GB RAM, NVIDIA Ge Force CT220 The extended memory is a Kingston stick on a USB port. (I wondered if I had run out of memory but since the event have added to other files on this stick, without trouble.) Recapping; I store the 30 page Word document on the Kingston external memory. I had brought it across to the computer and was merrily typing when suddenly the whole text ...

OWA shows text and not HTML
I made changes to our Exchange 2000 environment based on the MBSA. Some of the recommended changes were to delete the scripts virtual directory, IISHELP and restricty anonymous access. I can log into OWA just fine and see all messages, but everything is in text and not HTML. How can I fix this without re-installing Exchange? If I do have to re-install, will I lose my mailboxes and messages? ...