Ghost font

I use the previous month's newsletter as a template each month. Whenever I open the file, there is a mystery font that is not being used called MS Shell dig. I click okay and ignore it. Is there any way to locate where the font is and remove it?
0
anonymous (74717)

This article can help
http://www.virtualplastic.org/html/ui_font.html

This may give insight too.

http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/V6/D/D403.html

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Dandyman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use the previous month's newsletter as a template each month. Whenever I open the
file, there is a mystery font that is not being used called MS Shell dig. I click
okay and ignore it. Is there any way to locate where the font is and remove it?

0
laserdog (1122)
5/7/2004 3:54:04 PM
Mary, I looked at the articles you recommended. I would rather keep the font than try to understand what they are saying.
0
anonymous (74717)
5/8/2004 6:36:02 AM
The only thing I can recommend is to do a search on your computer for the file. It
appears to be a substitute font, that is why it takes a registry fix.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary, I looked at the articles you recommended. I would rather keep the font than
try to understand what they are saying.

0
laserdog (1122)
5/8/2004 9:32:49 AM
Another thought, have you deleted any system fonts from your computer?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> The only thing I can recommend is to do a search on your computer for the file. It
> appears to be a substitute font, that is why it takes a registry fix.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Dandyman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary, I looked at the articles you recommended. I would rather keep the font than
> try to understand what they are saying.

0
laserdog (1122)

Leafy Font needed.
I'm looking for a .tt font in which all characters are decorated with leaves. Is anyone willing to oblige please? John ========================== This really isn't the right place for this question but it seems that some of us are font-aholics. I'd suggest using Google. There are boatloads of free/low-cost fonts available for download. What I may consider leafy, you may not. Only you know what you have in mind - and *believe me*, there is a font out there that will suit your needs. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John" <non_such@blueTONyonder.c...

font changes?
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. Since then, some times when i sen emails, the typeface change while I am typing the email. For instance I was typing an email this morning and after i ended a paragrah, th font changed from 10 point to 12 point. What would be causing this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Problem setting font for dialog caption
Hello, I can't seem to find a solution for this problem. I know how to set the font and size for a dialog, and that works for all text on the dialog EXCEPT the frame. This would not be a problem except that this application must work in Japanese. The Japanese text displays correctly in the Microsoft Sans Serif font on the dialog itself. But in the dialog frame it shows up as "????" Does anyone know why setting the font does not affect the frame? Is there a window style or some other option that might make it work? Or do I need to set the font on some higher level, perhaps ...

Cannot copy and paste font
Hi -- I just discovered that I am unable to copy and paste a font. The computer that has the font runs Vista 64 bit. Have tried right-clicking and the Organize function. When I try, the Copy function is present but when I attempt to paste to another location on the same computer so that I can eventually email the font as an attachment, the Paste function is grayed out. Tried it on a friend's computer and her situation is the same. Her computer is also Vista 64 bit. On my computer, I am the Administrator and sole user. What is the trick, please? Thanks. ...

font substitution
I accidently substituted curlz for bodini and clicked make permanent. Now every document, including a 15 year old document shows bodini as curlz. I've tried deleting all of the preferences I could find and even deleted Microsoft Office and reinstalled it. The problem still exists. Short of buying a new computer, does anyone have a solution. Mks Hello - No need to panic :)... Open an existing doc where the substitution was made, then go to Word Menu>Preferences>Compatibility. Click the Font Substitution button & You'll find Bodoni listed in the window. Select it from th...

Content Editor Font Size
I have set a large font for my web parts in the default.master file. The font for the content editor does not seem to match the size for the other parts. Can anyone advise on the code to get a large size? Thanks ...

Arial Font not fixed pitch on display zoom <79%
In Excel 2000, if you use Arial font with a size of 10 pitch, with a View Zoom factor of 79% or below it is displayed as a proportional font. i.e. the number 1 uses less space than the number 8. If you use a zoom factor of greater than 80% it displays as a fixed pitch font. Is there any way to make the font display permanently as fixed pitch, regardless of zoom factor? Arial is always proportional--maybe you meant courier new??? Maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. ...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Adding Fonts to New Font Collection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need help in adding a few of the fonts I commonly use to the Fonts Collection, which appears at the top of the Drop down menu under FONTS. I would like to store the names of a half dozen fonts in the Font Collection menu so that I can avoid scrolling through the entire Font list in order to highlight them. If one uses Verdana a lot, this is a real pain. Right now, when I go to Font Collections (under the Font menu), I see the subheading New Favorites, not no list appears when I click on it. I want to put my favo...

FONT COLOR FORMAT
WHEN I COMBINE TEXT ( EX. =A1&B1&C1) WITH DIFFERENT FONT COLORS, IT RETURNS THE COMBINED TEXT IN A SINGLE COLOR FONT. HOW DO I CORRECT THIS SO THE TEXT IS RETURNED (COMBINED) IN THE ORIGINAL FONT COLOR FORMAT FROM THE ORIGINAL INDIVIDUAL CELLS (A1 B1 C1)? Hi Excel doesn't allow partial formatting of cells and hence will return the default format. You may be able to do it with VBA, but I don't think so. Oh, BTW, please don't post in capitals as it is considered to be shouting as well as being really hard to read. HTH Michael Mitchelson "JMCA2000" wrot...

How do i customize font colors in Excel 2003?
How do I customize font colors in Excel 2003? You can customize colors in 2003 but not just for fonts. Tools>Options>Color>Modify. Note: this is workbook specific, not a global change. To effect a global change you would have to build a customized Template for New workbooks. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:36:01 -0700, Lori <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I customize font colors in Excel 2003? ...

How to embed fonts in Excel?
Hi, I need to know how to embed fonts in Excel my version of excel is Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606) thanks and regards, David You can't embed fonts in an Excel workbook. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23c501c47d4a$e5a23000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to know how to embed fonts in Excel > my version of excel is Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606) > > thanks and regards, > David David wrote: > Hi, > > I n...

Special Effects Fonts
Is there a way to create special effect fonts in Publisher 2002? I have pictures that I like to superimpose a halo effect font or glowing fonts onto the pictures. How can I do this? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C3DFFE.94314510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Publisher does not have those options. If you need and use those type of options a lot, Serif PagePlus 9.0 has = all those options and more with a great range of options covered in FX = (Filter Effects), Instan...

Signature Font Changes in Replies and Forwards
I've set up my auto signature in Times New Roman, 12 point, which matches my normal text in my Outlook e-mails (using Word as editor). However, when I respond to or forward a message, my body type is still in Times New Roman, 12 pt, but the signature comes up in Arial. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Forrest ...

Duplicate Fonts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I searched the forum and didn't see an answer to my question. After installing MS 2008 in FontBook I now have duplicate fonts. I resolved duplicates in FontBook but wanted to know since didn't have issue before MS2008 could I just remove it or will that cause issues of incorrect mapped fonts within the MS suite? <br> Thanks. If you allow FontBook to resolve the duplicates, and delete the ones it finds, it will get things right for you. Reboot when you have finished, so that both OS X and M...

Font on Export from Access
Using Excel97, XP machine When I export a query from Access into an Excel spreadsheet, the data comes into Excel always as MS Sans Serif. My default font in both Access and Excel is Comic Sans MS. I would like the data to export into the default I've set. Can someone help with this? Thanks ...

Excel 97 Fonts
Does anyone know where I can download (preferably for free) and 'Ol English' style font for Excel 97 ? I believe the font I am after is called; EngrvrsOldEng Bd BT Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I've just done a search on Yahoo and found this: http://www.prestoprintinc.com/old/dtpsuprt/pcfntlst/wpsnamdg.html Might be of use. Andy. "jagstirling >" <<jagstirling.14eitj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jagstirling.14eitj@excelforum-nospam.com... > Does anyone know where I can download (preferably for free) and ...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Default Font in Publisher 2002
I am doing a newsletter and it keeps changing fonts and sizes on parts of a page and succeeding pages. I have to keep resetting it and it is a waste of time. I want to use Times New Roman 14 point. . Is there any way to set the default font for the entire document. I tried Format>Font but didn't see a default button. Thanks for all replies Barry Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.ip...

Non printable fonts
I would like to know is there a way to format text that is can be display but will not print when send to print. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One solution I've seen on this is a macro code in the BeforePrint event that sets the color of selected cells equal to the background color, usually white. Or, you can use a textbox from the Drawing toolbar and deselect "Print object" in its properties. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to new...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Ghost brackets
Suddenly, Word is putting brackets around any text that I select--and leaving them. These do not print, but it's confusing to have these nonprinting brackets thrown in--sometimes hard to tell them from real brackets I've inserted. In addition, I often send documents electronically, and then people are facing this doc with these ghost brackets (which look identical to real brackets on the screen). How can I stop Word from doing this? jpmcewan, Seems like you are seeing bookmarks, normally you do not see them unless you go to Tools - Options - View - under view section unc...

Excel display fonts too small
When i use the function auto filter, the fonts in drop down list box is small. When i change the fonts of the cell, it can only chaneg the fonts of the cell but not the fonts in drop down list box. Any advise. Thanks in advance The font in the AutoFilter dropdown lists can't be changed. You can make it appear larger by increasing the zoom level on the worksheet. John Smith wrote: > When i use the function auto filter, the fonts in drop down list box is > small. When i change the fonts of the cell, it can only chaneg the fonts of > the cell but not the fonts in drop down list ...

SNAP ITC font
I have Publisher installed on a laptop and desktop. My laptop has the SNAP ITC font and the desktop does not. How do I get the font onto the desktop? Snap came with these products: Access 97 SR2, FrontPage 98, Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000 Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office 97 SR1a, Office Professional Edition 2003, PhotoDraw 2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 2002, Picture It! 98, Picture It! 99, Publisher 2000, Publisher 97, Publisher 98 If you have one of the above programs, find the font on the setup disk and install it. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP...