GDI.exe error in Publisher with HP printer

Printing from Publisher 2002 to a HP 960c deskjet. I keep getting "Mspub has
caused an error in GDI.exe". I reinstalled new print drives. Does anyone
know how to fix it? What is wrong?  I dont' have the BDDenver font installed
either!

What version Windows?
This is a fix for Windows 98
WD2000: IPF in Gdi.exe When Opening, Printing, or Repaginating Large Document
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;220460
It is not Publisher specific but it maybe helpful
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"vicary" <vicaryNOSPAM@kconline.com> wrote in message
> Printing from Publisher 2002 to a HP 960c deskjet. I keep getting "Mspub has
> caused an error in GDI.exe". I reinstalled new print drives. Does anyone
> know how to fix it? What is wrong?  I dont' have the BDDenver font installed
> either!

0
laserdog (1123)
12/5/2003 3:08:47 PM
You don't have much option except to buy a decent quality printer like a
Canon that fix and update their printer drivers.

HP is the lemon brand of the printing world.

donotknock (1942)

Outlook 2003 Error #8
Having just bought a new laptop I decided to try out Office 2003 Pro on it. My problem is that when I try to access a mailbox on an Exchange server ver 4 using the Outlook 2003 client I get the following error:- "The action could not be completed. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restrictions." If I try to connect to an alternative mailbox on an Exchange server ver 5.5 it works fine!!! Where I am I going wrong? Any help much appreciated. Simon ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ...

Formula Error #6
When creating formulas, is there a way to avoid the #DIV/0! Error without having to insert IF(C5<0,0) into each formula? -- ~ Cheri Cheri wrote: > When creating formulas, is there a way to avoid the #DIV/0! Error > without having to insert IF(C5<0,0) into each formula? Not really. Cheri In order to prevent the #DIV/0! you must trap the 0(or blank) somehow. =IF(C5=0,"",B5/C5) =IF(ISERROR(B5/C5),"",B5/C5) Watch out when using ISERROR.......it will mask all errors, not just #DIV/0! Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:21:06 -0800, "Ch...

GDI+ and resizing a PictureBox
I am using GDI+ in one of my VB6 apps(mainly for anti aliasing support). It works fine, but when I create the Graphics object, which takes a PictureBox hDC. It never draws outside the PictureBox original size if I make it bigger later, as if the Graphics object gets the hDC size only when it's created, and truncates any drawing to that. Is there a way to tell the Graphics object the new width and height? Also, hDC remains the same throughout the life of the control, except when you make the control bigger and AutoRedraw=True(because VB needs to create a bigger bitmap). Whe...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

Calculated Fields showing error results
I am trying to get a calculated field to work within a pivot table. The two fields in the pivot table which I'm referencing are sales and Profit dollars. I want the calculated field to show gross profit dollars (percent to total sales represented by profit), but without any error values (!value, div/0, etc.) where there are no sales for a particular line (i.e. customer) in the timeframe I'm analyzing. The formulae I've tried are: =If(iserror(Profit/Sales),"",(Profit/Sales)) =if(isna(Profit/Sales),"",(Profit/Sales)) =if(isnumber(Profit/Sales),(Profit/Sal...

ODBC Error #2
I have an ODBC connection between an Access database and an Excel spreadsheet. If I open the Access mdb and run the query, everything is just fine. The query (although a qurey of queries) is not that complicated or large. It returns only 240 records. When I open the Excel file and it goes to the same query as its datasource, I get this error: "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not start session. Too many sessions already active." Why does it work in its native Access but the same query causes Excel have a conniption? Could it be that your query of queries i...

Ambiguous column error
We just updated to 2.0. We have a couple of SQL querries that we run weekly. The first time running the querries, I'm getting the following error: An error occurred while executing query: Ambiguous column name 'SubDescription1'. Has anyone else seen this? We use SubDescription1 for our sizes . We don't use SubDescription2 or 3. We also get this error when we run DRS Powerops. Here's the smaller querry that we run that generates the error: --1. These items need to be manually updated as the resulting ILC would exceed the max characters: SELECT Item.ItemLookupCod...

How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it the.
How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a default printer and can print from other programs. The best answers to EXCEL questions will be found in an EXCEL newsgroup. Select EXCEL from the list on the left, then select a subitem associated with your query, such as Printing. Be sure to describe exactly what happens when you try to select the new printer. -- "Pat SP" <Pat SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8812E94C-FE3A-4DD8-867F-45640BD66D3A@microsoft.com... > How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a defaul...

Outlook 2000 error upon Exit
HI I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. Anyone ever seen this error before ? (See attachment) "Dave Warren" <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote in message news:u6j1o1diaaq45r8m0f2j512ssnbf7oiuvg@4ax.com... > HI > > I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I > tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. > > Anyone ever seen this error before ? > > (See attachment) Try a detect and repair (from the help me...

does publisher 2000 run on windows xp?
thanks for helping if you know the answer Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the exception. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baudouin" <Baudouin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA35200-15D7-47F2-8471-4E6737171B6A@microsoft.com... > thanks for helping if you know the answer Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the > exception. It runs. Not on...

CrmSecurityService.exe
The following error is happening at the end of the install process for CRM: The instruction at "0x77fc8fe3" referenced memory at "0x00746e69". The memory could not be "written". Followed by: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to install MSI part of CRM Server setup. Unspecified error: (80004005) =================== I have searched all the forums and tried all the tricks posted for this message....no good! Any help would do. At this point, I am ready to go buy a copy of ACT and let that be it. I am so tired of the qua...

error types (messages
Hi for all; I know eight (8) error massages in excel like (#NAME?) I saw them i (Help menu) .... Are there another error messages ( error type)?? if there are .. please tell me what are they? *MANGO -- MANG ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MANGO's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1518 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26814 hi mango i�m fernanda which errors you have?? "MANGO" <MANGO.1dyrvy@excelforum-nospam.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:MANGO.1dyrvy@exce...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

GDI+ mfc save Bitmap to File Stream
Hi, I am using GDI+ in mfc. I have a file pointer declared as File *fpOut; This file pointer is also used for writing to other text data to the file. I am not sure how to save an image to this file stream. When Bitmap.Save function to save to stream the first parameter is of type IStream and not FILE. Any suggestions on what can be done? Thanks, -Asfar ...

Timeout Errors
Hi All Using Outlook 2002 SP2 on XP machine. 512k connection to remote POP3 mailbox. Initiating a send/receive starts and the process displays 1 of X message to download, but then the process grinds to a halt. Showing only 2% or 6% - eventually it sometimes downloads some of the files and then shows a timeout error. The same messages will get downloaded again and are not always removed from the server. I have accessed the mailbox using webmail and removed all the emails so that the box is empty. But upon initiaiting a further send/receive Outlook still advises there are X message to downlo...

Row Insertion Error
Hi all, I'm having a problem with Excel 2000 when I am trying to insert a new row in the middle of an existing worksheet. I keep getting an error message that says: "To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblack cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select A1, and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or, you can move the data to a new location and try again." The worksheet goes down to row 18398, and I have tried deleting and clearing every cell below and to the right of this ...

Pop Up Blocker error
I receive an error when opening something from CRM Outlook, that a CRM window was unable to open due to Popup Blocker. The CRM window open anyway but when I close the windows the error message is there (everytime). I have even turned off Popup Blocker in IE with the same result. Have someone experienced the same issue and is there a solution? Have tried with no luck: 1) Tools > Pop-up Blocker Settings – add the CRM URL to the list of allowed sites. If you are using a host header, include the computer name URL and the IP address of the server for good measure. (This way in case you h...

Mail Merge Addresses from Publisher to Excel
I'm trying to send Mail Merge Addresses from Publisher to Excel or import same to Excel. Don't know how! Any help is appreciated. When you make a data list in Publisher (versions 2002 & 03) it is stored in "My Documents" "My Data Sources". When you open Excel, file, open, files of type, scroll down to where you read ".mdb" and browse to the "My Data Sources" folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "G" <G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

email sending errors
I have sbc yahoo dsl. just got it. I have intermittent sending and receiving errors. Sbc says Outlook maybe the problem. Has anyone had this problem with Outlook. According to most reports and my dealing with them, SBC has very little idea what they are doing. Outlook could not cause intermittent errors, it either works or it does not. Tell SBC to do a loopback test on your line with and without your modem. Or try to get them to change the routing circuit. Most likely you have noise on your line that is messing up the DSL signal. One thing, you do not have any of the filters or surge...

Dynamics.exe the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000
Did a search, didn't see this. My users go in through SBS RWW, then open GP that is running on an second server. When one user gets a desktop through RWW and tries to open GP, he gets this error: Dynamics.exe the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. I saw one post where someone thought it had to do with Endpoint 11.0, and we use that. But.....he doesn't get the error when he's in the office. Any ideas? ...

How can I find out what the firewall issue is on a Printer?
I was having problems reinstalling HP software for my All-In-One printer, and HP Tech support had me add ten or fifteen programs to the Firewall as allowed programs, plus about that many ports. I'm still having firewall issues according to the HP networks diagnostic tool, and the HP software does not "see" my printer on the network. I can go to its IP address in Internet Explorer and see info about its status, etc, and I can install basic drivers for other similar printers and it will print, but not from the Full Software package that I need for OCR scanning. It ...

unknown error 0x80040155
I get the following error everytime my Outlook XP (2002) tries to send and receive messages. I am able to send messages but not receive them form my yahoo account. I've checked the settings a few times with no luck. I've placed the error message inthe subject heading. Thanks C. Pate <c_k_patel@yahoo.com> wrote: > I get the following error everytime my Outlook XP (2002) > tries to send and receive messages. I am able to send > messages but not receive them form my yahoo account. I've > checked the settings a few times with no luck. I've > plac...

Publisher Slide Show
I have created several publisher documents and I want to put them together in a slide show, how do I do that? Its not anything that is being published to the web, its strictly for a presentation. Should I use PowerPoint and if so... how? Confuzzed wrote: > I have created several publisher documents and I want to put them together in > a slide show, how do I do that? Its not anything that is being published to > the web, its strictly for a presentation. Should I use PowerPoint and if > so... how? Publisher is for creating published publications, and PowerPoint is for ...

"wscript.exe
Win XP SP3. After I eject a CD/DVD from my DVD drive or unmount an disk image from the Daemon Tools virtual drive, I get an error window with the title "wscript.exe - No Disk" and with the message " There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive (drive letter):". There are three buttons that I can click: Cancel, Try again, Continue. When I click any of these options, the error window closes but pops up again after an interval of approx. i minute. The only way I can close this window permanently is by rebooting the system. Can anybody h...

error reporting
I am getting a constant string of error reporting notices and cannot pick up incoming messages...fortunately I have another computer running Windows Mail...no problem there...any ideas.......... I guess that would depend on the exact err.msgs "John Herbert" <John Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18A54090-759C-4B39-8987-C2E0CB888612@microsoft.com... >I am getting a constant string of error reporting notices and cannot pick >up > incoming messages...fortunately I have another computer running Windows > Mail...no problem there......