Funky text justification

--------------040208070607020604080801

Publisher 2007.

Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the
first few lines will be fine, and the next one will be
spread                       out
like                                  this                for
  no                        reason
and then the next line will be fine.

Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the funky line is
at the end of a paragraph. If it's in the middle, though, I always have
to find some weird kludgy way around it.

Anyone have any notion what causes this and, more importantly, how to
fix it all the time?

Craig

--------------040208070607020604080801

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Publisher 2007.<br>
Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the
first few lines will be fine, and the next one will be<br>
spread&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; out&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
like&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; for &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; no&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; reason<br>
and then the next line will be fine.<br>
Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the funky line
is at the end of a paragraph. If it's in the middle, though, I always
have to find some weird kludgy way around it.<br>
Anyone have any notion what causes this and, more importantly, how to
Craig<br>

--------------040208070607020604080801--
0
Craig

"Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Publisher 2007.

Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the first
few lines will be fine, and the next one will be
spread                       out                           like
this                for             no                        reason
and then the next line will be fine.

Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the funky line is at
the end of a paragraph. If it's in the middle, though, I always have to find
some weird kludgy way around it.

Anyone have any notion what causes this and, more importantly, how to fix it
all the time?

Craig

When this happens turn on the special characters view mode (Ctrl + Shift +
Y) on the textbox and see if a paragraph mark is at the end of the line that
is having issues.  The paragraph mark looks like a backward P with a
vertical line next to it (and it shows on the menu bar right next to the
zoom level number.)  If you see it then just delete it and see if that fixes
your issue.  That paragraph mark is simply an enter key press.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.

0
LVTravel
3/23/2010 10:26:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. That wasn't it - there was no paragraph marking.

Craig

LVTravel wrote:

> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Publisher 2007.
>
> Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the
> first few lines will be fine, and the next one will be
> spread                       out                           like
> this                for             no                        reason
> and then the next line will be fine.
>
> Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the funky line
> is at the end of a paragraph. If it's in the middle, though, I always
> have to find some weird kludgy way around it.
>
> Anyone have any notion what causes this and, more importantly, how to
> fix it all the time?
>
> Craig
>
> When this happens turn on the special characters view mode (Ctrl +
> Shift + Y) on the textbox and see if a paragraph mark is at the end of
> the line that is having issues.  The paragraph mark looks like a
> backward P with a vertical line next to it (and it shows on the menu
> bar right next to the zoom level number.)  If you see it then just
> delete it and see if that fixes your issue.  That paragraph mark is
> simply an enter key press.
>
> Let us know if this fixes your problem.
0
Craig
3/25/2010 7:29:30 PM
If you have typed a shift+enter you will get this spread. If you backspace the
spacing should be corrected.
--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Thanks for the reply. That wasn't it - there was no paragraph marking.
>
> Craig
>
> LVTravel wrote:
>
>> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Publisher 2007.
>>
>> Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the first
>> few lines will be fine, and the next one will be
>> spread                       out                           like this
>> for             no                        reason
>> and then the next line will be fine.
>>
>> Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the funky line is at
>> the end of a paragraph. If it's in the middle, though, I always have to find
>> some weird kludgy way around it.
>>
>> Anyone have any notion what causes this and, more importantly, how to fix it
>> all the time?
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> When this happens turn on the special characters view mode (Ctrl + Shift + Y)
>> on the textbox and see if a paragraph mark is at the end of the line that is
>> having issues.  The paragraph mark looks like a backward P with a vertical
>> line next to it (and it shows on the menu bar right next to the zoom level
>> number.)  If you see it then just delete it and see if that fixes your issue.
>> That paragraph mark is simply an enter key press.
>>
>> Let us know if this fixes your problem.

0
Mary
3/25/2010 7:52:22 PM

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> If you have typed a shift+enter you will get this spread. If you backspace
> the spacing should be corrected.
> --
> Mary Sauer MVP
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the reply. That wasn't it - there was no paragraph marking.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> LVTravel wrote:
>>
>>> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> Publisher 2007.
>>>
>>> Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the
>>> first few lines will be fine, and the next one will be
>>> spread                       out                           like this for
>>> no                        reason
>>> and then the next line will be fine.
>>>
>>> Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the funky line is
>>> at the end of a paragraph. If it's in the middle, though, I always have
>>> to find some weird kludgy way around it.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any notion what causes this and, more importantly, how to
>>> fix it all the time?
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>
>>> When this happens turn on the special characters view mode (Ctrl + Shift
>>> + Y) on the textbox and see if a paragraph mark is at the end of the
>>> line that is having issues.  The paragraph mark looks like a backward P
>>> with a vertical line next to it (and it shows on the menu bar right next
>>> to the zoom level number.)  If you see it then just delete it and see if
>>> that fixes your issue. That paragraph mark is simply an enter key press.
>>>
>>> Let us know if this fixes your problem.

Yep, Mary's correct again I'll bet (don't know why I missed that one.)  If
the Special Character (paragraph mark) is turned on the symbol you should
see with full justification and a Shift+Enter is a "filled" < symbol (which
is actually a truncated carriage return (Enter) symbol.

0
LVTravel
3/25/2010 7:59:06 PM
Thanks for the reply, Mary. That's not it either. It's just screwed up
in the middle of a plain ol' paragraph.

Craig

Mary Sauer wrote:

>If you have typed a shift+enter you will get this spread. If you backspace the
>spacing should be corrected.

0
Craig
3/25/2010 9:51:20 PM
Nope. As I said to Mary, this is happening in the /middle/ of a paragraph.

Craig

LVTravel wrote:

> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> If you have typed a shift+enter you will get this spread. If you
>> backspace the spacing should be corrected.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MVP
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Thanks for the reply. That wasn't it - there was no paragraph marking.
>>>
>>> Craig

> Yep, Mary's correct again I'll bet (don't know why I missed that
> one.)  If the Special Character (paragraph mark) is turned on the
> symbol you should see with full justification and a Shift+Enter is a
> "filled" < symbol (which is actually a truncated carriage return
> (Enter) symbol.
0
Craig
3/25/2010 9:51:24 PM

> Nope. As I said to Mary, this is happening in the /middle/ of a paragraph.
>
> Craig
>
> LVTravel wrote:
>

>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> If you have typed a shift+enter you will get this spread. If you
>>> backspace the spacing should be corrected.
>>> --
>>> Mary Sauer MVP
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>> Yep, Mary's correct again I'll bet (don't know why I missed that one.)
>> If the Special Character (paragraph mark) is turned on the symbol you
>> should see with full justification and a Shift+Enter is a "filled" <
>> symbol (which is actually a truncated carriage return (Enter) symbol.

With the Special Character (as shown in my original response) turned on what
is the last character or symbol that you see at the end of the improper
line?  If you can't see anything there, type a space or temporarily left
justify the paragraph to see what is there.  It has to be something there to
cause this.

0
LVTravel
3/25/2010 10:01:18 PM
Do you have a picture or other object in your publication?  This will mess with
alignment sometimes. Changing the wrap to tight might help.

--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Thanks for the reply, Mary. That's not it either. It's just screwed up in the
> middle of a plain ol' paragraph.
>
> Craig
>
> Mary Sauer wrote:
>
>>If you have typed a shift+enter you will get this spread. If you backspace the
>>spacing should be corrected.

0
Mary
3/25/2010 10:35:39 PM
LVTravel wrote:

> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>> Nope. As I said to Mary, this is happening in the /middle/ of a
>> paragraph.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> LVTravel wrote:
>>

>>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yep, Mary's correct again I'll bet (don't know why I missed that
>>> one.) If the Special Character (paragraph mark) is turned on the
>>> symbol you should see with full justification and a Shift+Enter is a
>>> "filled" < symbol (which is actually a truncated carriage return
>>> (Enter) symbol.
>>

> With the Special Character (as shown in my original response) turned
> on what is the last character or symbol that you see at the end of the
> improper line?  If you can't see anything there, type a space or
> temporarily left justify the paragraph to see what is there.  It has
> to be something there to cause this.

Well, I'll be darned, somehow a return got in there. Don't know how,
since I even retyped a portion of the line. Anyway, problem fixed.
Thanks for your help!

Craig
0
Craig
3/27/2010 4:03:51 PM
Good news, Craig... Thanks for posting, it is always good to know success.

--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> LVTravel wrote:
>

>> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Nope. As I said to Mary, this is happening in the /middle/ of a paragraph.
>>>
>>> Craig

>> With the Special Character (as shown in my original response) turned on what
>> is the last character or symbol that you see at the end of the improper line?
>> If you can't see anything there, type a space or temporarily left justify the
>> paragraph to see what is there.  It has to be something there to cause this.
>
> Well, I'll be darned, somehow a return got in there. Don't know how, since I
> even retyped a portion of the line. Anyway, problem fixed. Thanks for your
> help!
>
> Craig

0
Mary
3/27/2010 4:12:26 PM

"Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> LVTravel wrote:
>

>> "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Nope. As I said to Mary, this is happening in the /middle/ of a
>>> paragraph.
>>>
>>> Craig

>> With the Special Character (as shown in my original response) turned on
>> what is the last character or symbol that you see at the end of the
>> improper line?  If you can't see anything there, type a space or
>> temporarily left justify the paragraph to see what is there.  It has to
>> be something there to cause this.
>
> Well, I'll be darned, somehow a return got in there. Don't know how, since
> I even retyped a portion of the line. Anyway, problem fixed. Thanks for
> your help!
>
> Craig

Hooray!  Thanks for posting back.

0
LVTravel

Uppercase text to Proper text
I'm new at this so please excuse me. I have an excel spreadsheet in Office 97. It's all in upper case letters and I need it in upper/lower case letters. Can anyone tell me how I can simply change a column (say column "C") from uppercase text to Proper text? Example: MR & MRS KEN HOAGLAND to Mr & Mrs Ken Hoagland Must I do a formula in code module or is there a simple way to do this? If not, how do I do it any other way? Make a backup copy of your file first and try this on the COPY, don't experiment with the original With the data in column C In D1 (...

transfer data from one text box in a form to another
how do i transfer data from one text box located on a form to another text box located on a sub-form on the main form. complicated i know. what vba code do i use. any solutions thank you you need to specify if you want to make the operation after which event in subform. then you need to put something like this: [textboxinsubform] = Forms!FormName![texboxinform].text LD -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician "vss85" wrote: > how do i transfer data from one text box located on a form to another text > box located on a sub-form on the main form. complicated i know. ...

how do you reflect text?
how do you mirror text so that it looks like a reflection? WordArt will do that but not regular text. I usually use Photoshop Elements when I want that tho - it give me a higher level of creativity. If this is something for a tee shirt, your printer driver may do what you want without going thru a lot of trouble. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F67EBEC-E894-4827-BD67-8FA79518B1A6@microsoft.com... > how do you mirror text so that it looks like a reflection? ...

Using text boxes and command buttons to search
hi i am using excel 2000, i have a few columns but the main ones are: Christian Name Surname Employee Number i want to have a text box or combo box at the sheet for each serach, they will only be, Surname and employee number, when i typ in for example bloggs into the surname text box and click the command button "next" i want it to find every entry in the surname column matching the word bloggs, and the same with employee number? but i have no idea how? i have created the text box and button but dont know what to do with them? is this the best way? this is...

Extracting the numbers from the Text Field
I have a table in which in a text field is having Equipments models and data entry is been not properly entered, the data is as below : 456ZX ZX965 ZX785M ZX956MN 45NM96ZX I need to retrieve only the numeric part like below 456 965 785 956 4596 I tried left, right, mid etc but failed. not sucess. Please advice a solution to pull/extract only the number portions from a text field Regards Irshad On 17 apr, 09:40, Irshad Alam <IrshadA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a table in which in a text field is having Equipments models and data &...

Sorting Text Column by Most Frequent item
I am trying to process a list of several thousand items ( business names) in Excel (imported from Database.. Is there a quick way to sort the text column so the 'most frequently ocurring items' are grouped together nearest the top of the column and vice-versa I alphabetized the column first, with obvious results... but would like to create a new column showing only 1 ocurrence of each item from the original column, arranged from most common item on list to least common Thanks in advance.. Have you thought about a Pivot table? A good intro:- http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Exce...

text #3
I entered text in column A and 5 rows I want to change that information that I entered in A1, A2,A3,etc to go to A1,B1,C1,D1,etc. Can you help Select A1:A5 > Copy Right-click on A2 > Paste special > Check "Transpose" > OK Delete col A -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7A78016-0C2F-48D3-8AC5-C2B7459F03EE@microsoft.com... > I entered text in column A and 5 rows > I want to change that information that I entered in A1, A2,A3,etc > to go to A1,B1,C1,D1...

Text box won't allow text
Trying to create a business flyer and half way through I insert another text box and it will not let me type in the text box. I have already created several text boxes on this document and did not have this problem. Why can't I type in the text box? -- Karen What happens when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Karen Keith - Six L''s Packing" <karen@sixls.com> wrote in message news:DD67D41C-347B-4006-8FEB-F72EE141DAE9@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a business flyer a...

Inserting text from a .txt file
I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. Anyway, here is my question: How do I insert the text from a text file into my e-mail document. I am using the rtf editor. thank you, ~alan copy/paste? "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23%23AwZrIKEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. > > Anywa...

wrapping text around another text box
My problem is this...I have two text boxes. I want to wrap one text box around the other text box but nothing seems to be working. What I want to do with the one to the left is make it into an "L" shape so that the box on the right simply fits in the empty space of the "L" to form basically a square. I have tried turning on all those text wrapping features with both boxes and cannot figure out for the life of me what is happening. I have a box drawn around the box on the right...don't know if that has something to do with it. I have tried removing it and sti...

scrolling text
is it possible to have scrolling text going across a spreadsheet like a screensaver until a button is pressed (or a short key)? please help thank you I thought that was a "given" with any mouse that had a wheel. Depress the wheel and see if you don't get a .four directional arrow icon. Move the mouse in the direction you wish to scroll. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "ash" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Hyperlink display text maximum in Excel 2003
Every time I try to create a hyperlink of a cell (that contains a couple of sentences worth of text), I seem to reach the maximum allowed characters for the display text - and Excel cuts off the end of the paragraph. Hence, the the hyperlink is created, but I loose half the content of the cell. Any ideas? It looks like that text to display can be 255 characters. And the same thing holds for =hyperlink(link_location,Friendly_name) Friendly_name can be up to 255 characters--and if you point at another cell that contains a longer string, you'll get an error back. Maybe you could put t...

dates and text
How do I put dates from one cell and text from another into a single cell as 10sep03_GIT If the cell with the date is formatted as a date (and not text) you can use... A1: 9/10/2003 (formatted as a date) A2: _GIT (formatted as text) A3: =TEXT(A1,"ddmmmyy")&A2 (formatted as text) If the cell with the date is formatted as text you can use A1: 10sep03 (Formatted as text) A2: _GIT (Formatted as text) =A1&A2 (formatted as text) The reason I am clarifying it like this is I have never seen the date formatted like that. "karene" wrote: > How do I put dates...

How to check sheet text for UNICODE?
Hello, How to check programmatically if the text used in spreadsheet is ANSI or UNICODE? Are there are some Excel properties that indicate that? Thanks, Jack To explain more. I use Windows XP PRO English version. Someone sent me the Excel spreadsheet, which has text written in Hebrew and sheet's columns start from right to left (I guess the same is regarding the text). Looks like everything is in reverse comparing with regular English sheet. What I need to know is how to programmatically find out that the opened sheet is not English? Your comments appreciated, Jack "...

Text wrapping difficulity
I am attempting to wrap text around a graphic, an oval. On the "outside" of the oval is a picture that ends on the ovals left hand side. I want the text to follow the "inside" (or right hand side) of the oval. I have edited the text boxes' wrap points, that did nothing. I have grouped the three objects (picture, graphic & text box) and brought the graphic to the front. That didn't work. The text always runs through (on top of) the graphic and the picture, or goes away completely. Is there a solution? Thanks. Text will never wrap inside the oval....

Formula with text
We do fixed assets on excel spreadsheet. Each worksheet is an new month. Formula is =K47*$M$2. The M represents the current month (7) and this number is entered on Row 2 M. We acquired the new asset in February and we only want to depreciate it for six months. This formula no longer works if we enter the current month of (7) in M. Can you help me? DD, What does the K47*M2 represent with respect to the fixed assets or what is K47? When you say you only wish to depreciate the new asset for 6 months, is that its entire useful life or are you taking a 1/2 year convention where 1/2 of...

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

remove the text preview in a slide text box
My slide has a text box and the bullits are grayed out until I select them in my presentation. How can I remove the grayed out preview? That is just a placeholder until you put text into it. It does not show up until your in the slide presentation mode. If you want a blank slide without a place holder you need to select new slide and select the blank option. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Ken V" <Ken V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F33DE7C8-4082-44A4-8499-91094BBA7FCC@microsoft.com... My slide has a text box and the bullits ar...

Cells with same text but excel think it's different?
I have two cells with exacely the same text. but excel think it's different and not returning any value for my vlookup.. I used if statement and the result is showing the 2 cells are different. I checked format, space and even '. can someone please help? thanks. Do you have an 0 instead of a O? (Number zero, letter O) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F83A62-88D7-4292-9B2E-B8F34B737B48@mic...

Calculating text boxes
I'm running a report on how to split up the fee for a band. Because all members of the band aren't equal (eg road crew work on a fixed fee) I have a code allocated to each member. Members Crew Agent In my query I have calculated a subtotal after the fixed fees are taken out and I now want to divide the remainder up amongst the Members equally. In my report I now have a field [FeeSubtotal] and a calculating text box called Text 27 with the control source =-Sum([Code]="Member") As an example, when I run the report the field show FeeSubtotal $5170 and the Text box showing ...

Funky text justification
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040208070607020604080801 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Publisher 2007. Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the first few lines will be fine, and the next one will be spread out like this for no reason and then the next line will be fine. Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the fu...

Using Script in OnChange to return Text
Hi, Does anyone know how to return the text compenent of a field rather than it's under lieing value. What i want to do is to autogenerate the Topic of a quote using the Account Name and Oppertunity Name. I have been able to return and insert the Unique ids usin crmForm.accountid.value but what do i use to return the Name? Thanks in advance, Joel OK so i solved my own problem while i was waiting for somone to respond and heres how i did it, in case anyone else has the same needs or knows a better way: Created a web application on the CRM site with the following code in the follow...

Connect an empty text box before text flow
Hi, When connecting text boxes, Publisher forces the second text box to be empty, so that you can only connect text boxes in a forward direction in the text flow. Now, what if I want to add a text box before, or even in the middle of a text flow, and still keep it connected with the rest of the text? Is there a workaround? Is there a way to split a text box at any given point to two connected text boxes? Thanks. Raph Assuming No. 1 text box is the beginning... Whenever you break your connection the text will revert to the first text box. All one has to do is create another text box, lin...

Drag and drop text in userform text / combo boxes
I am using userforms alot for data entry. Is there a way to allow one to drag and drop text from one text box / combo box to another? This would be especially useful since it would allow me to move entered data down or up within the userform during editing. However i cannot drag text from one box to another (as one can in say word or in the sheet itself). Can anyone help? This is very basic just to get you started. There's a lot more you will probably want to do, also slightly different approaches - '' put some text in Textbox1 '' press left button a...

text box truncating on access group header
I have an access report that I have placed a text box in one of the group headers and it is only showing 255 charecters. If I place the same text box in the detail section it shows all charecters. How do I get all to show in the header, I have got can grow/shrink to yes and it is not in the sorting/grouping under view. I am guessing that the textbox's ControlSource field is in the Sorting & Grouping list for the report? If yes, ACCESS will truncate the string to 255 characters because it must group on that field -- and grouping on a field causes ACCESS to limit the string to 2...