fractions in Publisher

Help! How can I make fractions straight up and down , rather than slanted? I
can do it in word, but won't copy to Publisher.
Thanks
0
bugalu (2)

You can buy this nifty fractions font for six dollars
http://www.mathsquad.com/fractionfonts.html

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"bugalu" <bugalu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help! How can I make fractions straight up and down , rather than slanted? I
> can do it in word, but won't copy to Publisher.
> Thanks

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/15/2006 4:20:41 PM
bugalu wrote:
> Help! How can I make fractions straight up and down , rather than slanted? I
> can do it in word, but won't copy to Publisher.

Insert > Object > Microsoft Equation?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> bugalu wrote:
> > Help! How can I make fractions straight up and down , rather than slanted? I
> > can do it in word, but won't copy to Publisher.
>
> Insert > Object > Microsoft Equation?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
bugalu (2)
9/15/2006 4:59:03 PM
In that case I would recommend spelling it out, as in "Use one half of the
mix."

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Brilliant! Thank you!
> That worked easily...but now how would I use it in the middle of text? As
> in
> 'use 1/2 of the mix' and change the font to match the text.
> Sandi
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> bugalu wrote:
>> > Help! How can I make fractions straight up and down , rather than
>> > slanted? I
>> > can do it in word, but won't copy to Publisher.
>>
>> Insert > Object > Microsoft Equation?
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://ed.mvps.org

0
jl_paules (2767)

publisher 2003 save error
Users are attempting to save publisher 2003 files to a public shared area, but recieve the message that the file already exists. When asked if they wish to overwrite the file they are informed the file is read only and creates a 0kb file. This only happens with publisher files no other office files, any ideas this is driving me to despair. I thought perhaps it might be a temp file being created by publisher and as the users do not have modify rights all is going awry. Hi, If you are using Netware, have you seen this article : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824424/en-us Regards. Mi...

Publisher?
I am a Mac user, but really enjoy using Microsoft Publisher on a PC for Work. Is there anything for Mac that approaches the ease of using Publisher. I am particularly interested in publishing postcards with ease. Thanks On Dec 20, 7:34 am, thal...@gmail.com wrote: > I am a Mac user, but really enjoy using Microsoft Publisher on a PC > for Work. Is there anything for Mac that approaches the ease of using > Publisher. I am particularly interested in publishing postcards with > ease. Thanks You might try Pages. I have found that it works pretty well for page layout work (at le...

Running a Powerpoint in Publisher
I'm creating a single page web email blaster in Publisher 2003. I've created a small powerpoint presentation of just three words that fade in and out at the top of the page. It works fine in edit mode but when I send the page as an email, the presentation does not run. It just shows the first word like a text object. All my links work, just not the powerpoint. How do I get it to run in the emailed page? It also does nothing when previewed in a web browser. Rodney Demko wrote: > I'm creating a single page web email blaster in Publisher 2003. I've created > a small p...

Can I see a 3 page view in Publisher?
I am trying to create a newsletter that is 3 full connected pages on each side. Is it possible to do this in Publisher? Sure you can do it. What stock size do you have in mind? Do you plan to have two folds, much like a brochure? When you setup a newsletter like this, whatever is on the right on the front will be on the left on the back. In other words if the newsletter is 1 - 2 - 3 , when you turn the page over to print the back should be 4 - 5 - 6. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KM" <KM@discussi...

equalize table rows in Publisher table
How can I distribute rows evenly in a Publisher table - as in a Word table? You'll have to adjust them manually. Use guidelines. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Roddy" <Roddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC9A5757-9A22-49BB-AA09-1A6DA0168CC9@microsoft.com... > How can I distribute rows evenly in a Publisher table - as in a Word table? ...

Prevent changing a fraction
Hi, In Excel or VBA function, after formatting cell to fraction, is there anyway to stop Excel from automatically changing a fraction from what you type in a field? and do not convert to text ( ie put an inverted comma before fraction or press space bar before fraction ) as this fraction will be used for computation later E.g. 1) key-in 5/35 and hit "Enter" key will become 1/7 fraction value 2) key-in 5/5 and hit "Enter" key will become 1 whole number Do not change the original fraction as follows:- 1) key-in 5/35 and hit "Enter" key will maintai...

Cannot Open Publisher 2000 file in Publisher 2003?
When trying to open a Publisher 2000 file (needed for tomorrow) in Publisher 2003, I get the following message: Publisher Cannot Open the File It is ridiculous to think that one cannot open a file created in a previous version. Please help! If you can use the data in the pub file as a pdf file I can give it a try to open it with my Publisher 2000 program. I can be reached at dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com -- Don Vancouver, USA "CWUser" <CWUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C175167A-5290-46AD-9820-4DA2ADF187BF@microsoft.com... > When trying to ...

Should "Publisher 2002" be included in OfficeXP Professional vers.
I purchased Office XP Professional Version 2002 for a former computer. I have a new computer and have installed it on my new computer. Everything seems to be OK but I do not see Publisher 2002. Shouldn't it be included in Office XP Professional? D Casey Hi D Casey (D Casey@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I purchased Office XP Professional Version 2002 for a former || computer. I have a new computer and have installed it on my new || computer. Everything seems to be OK but I do not see Publisher || 2002. Shouldn't it be included in Office XP Profe...

Does it still keep publisher???
So i got an microsoft update "MICROSOFT HOME AND STUDENT" 2007 and it contains word excel power pint nd one note. I already have publisher 2003 nd dont want to get rid of it and also microsoft accesces . Will the update only update those programs listed. And not delete my publisher 2003? Haz19956 wrote: > So i got an microsoft update "MICROSOFT HOME AND STUDENT" 2007 and it > contains word excel power pint nd one note. I already have publisher 2003 nd > dont want to get rid of it and also microsoft accesces . Will the update only > update those programs...

how do you add us holidays to a publisher calendar
i want to create a calendar in publisher with us holidays, i can find a template There are many US holidays that change year to year, Easter for example. Add the holidays yourself. Or find a calendar program that will do it for your, there are many. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "add US holidays to a calendar" <add US holidays to a calendar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4DE317F-40E6-412E-8BF8-5D7D1CE8AA11@microsoft.com... >i want to create a calendar in publisher with us hol...

Publisher and Macro
Help me please! I have a document with several object (oval, line, square and text) and I'd like to create a macro, but I can't use Visaul Basic. Every oval is associated with a text-box containing a numerical value, I need a macro that colours the ovals according to the related numerical value. How can I do? I'm sorry for my very bad English, and I hope to have some answers. Thank you. Elena ...

Publisher 2003 #56
I have just completed drawing up a double sided A4 size Newsletter and have now been asked to re-size it to a double-sided A3 sheet, can someone help please? Does your printer have a "zoom" feature? Many do. The text can be resized through Format, AutoFit text. Other objects will have to manually be resized. Are you using a pre-designed template? Publisher will automatically adjust if you select a different paper size. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chook" <Chook@discussions.microsoft.com...

Problem to publish grand total
i have a report in which i have multiple grand total fields. it is working well when i preview my report, but my requirement is that i have to publish that report in ms Excel, when i publish that report in Excel it starts printing the textbox name with the value of Grand total. i don't want these textboxes names. Is there Anybody to help me out I will be very Thankfull Thanks in advance Saddy -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

How do I make Publisher 2007 the default instead of Publisher 2000
I have both Publisher 2000 and Publisher 2007 installed on my computer. Whenever I try to open a document created in Publisher 2007 from My Documents, it tries to open in Publisher 2000, and I get message saying "publisher cannot open files from a different version." How do I make Publisher 2007 the default version so it will try to open in 2007 first? (I cannot delete Publisher 2000 as I have many older documents that will not open at all in Publisher 2007). Just change the file association: Browse to any Publisher file with Windows Explorer, right click on the f...

Undo work in Publisher
Yesterday I worked on a document, saved it, etc. Today I have been working on the same document. Saving changes when reminded, etc. Was about to finish for the night and thought I'd review the whole document. I think that at some time while working on the document yesterday I made a mistake, in fact deleted a large chunk of work. Is there any way to return way, way back to retrieve this? I have now saved the document as v2, so I have v1 to work on. All advice greatly received - distressed Might look in the temp folder. In Windows Explorer, in the address bar type %temp%, fin...

Mail Merge in Publisher 2003
I have a data base in Excel 2003 that will NOT merge in Publisher. This is a new problem since obtaining a new computer 2 weeks ago. Prior to this I was able to use this data base in excel and merge it into Publishser. Now when I try to Open the Data Source I get the following message: This operation cannot be completed bcause of dialog or database engine failures. Please try gain later. Can anyone help? Please note the Excel file is NOT read only. The first thing I'd check is whether or not you have downloaded all of the appropriate updates for Office and Windows. -- JoAnn...

Publish a Website
I have just created a multi-page website using publisher. We currently have a web-site on our server. I want to use the one I just created in Publisher instead of our old one. How do I do this? -- Thanks Shawn ...

Difference between Publish and Save As Web Page in Excel 2002
I am trying to find aout the differences between using the Publish button in Save as Web Page and using Save in there. I have seen that when I use Save, it saves the Named ranges as bookmarks where Publish saves them as cell references. Can you tell me why and if there are any other differences I may need to know Hi, when you publish, the result can be viewed as an excel web page, whereas if you "save as web page", it just makes an xml sheet. Save As only allows one sheet in the workbook whereas publish allows more. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I am trying t...

How do I EDIT the catalog merge template in a Publisher 03 Doc
I am trying to update a photo directory from last year. I want to edit the catalog merge template, but I don't know where to do that. I don't even know where to view that template. Are you sure you didn't start from scratch? Did you save the merge? The only way you can edit your photo directory is if you saved the merge before you created a new publication. Otherwise you will need to open the directory and insert the new information or start from scratch. There are catalog templates when you File, New. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

fraction
hi members, I want to know is there any way in ms excel through which i could get desired result in sum or multiplication of fraction. say if i add following figures i want to get answer 641 by adjusting the fraction of all values accoringly. 2.335325 4.67065 7.005975 9.3413 11.676625 14.01195 16.347275 18.6826 21.017925 23.35325 25.688575 28.0239 30.359225 32.69455 35.029875 37.3652 39.700525 42.03585 44.371175 46.7065 49.041825 51.37715 53.712475 there sum should be 641 by adjusting all figures in the data accordingly. -- b166er ---------------------------------------------------------...

Publisher 2007 toolbars
Interesting. I have just migrated from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Publisher 2007 seems to look more like Publisher 2003 than like any of the Office 2007 applications. Do I just not have it configured correctly? There is no Office Button or QAT in Publisher 2007. It seems to have the same pull-down menus and same toolbars as Publisher 2003. Is that correct?? Yes... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eBPEhr%23eJHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Interesting. I have just migrated from Office 2003 to Office 2007...

Keyboard shortcuts suddenly stopped working in Publisher
My keyboard shortcuts work in other programs, including Word. But, lately, they will not work in Publisher. I have to use the mouse to click on the menus. Any ideas on why and how to fix? Thanks! Start, Microsoft Office Tools, Save my settings Wizard... Description and use of the Save My Settings Wizard http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?SCID=kb;en-us;826809 Using the Office Profile Wizard http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011362571033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Patti Williams...

split published pages
I have been given a completed 14 page book view (double sided) that I want to convert to .pdf. My problem is that I want to split the double sided book view pages and save to .pdf as single sided pages i.e. from 14 pages to 28. I'm new to Publisher, but have tried changing the master to single page and applying but it doesn't make any difference. As soon as I convert to .pdf it reverts back to the 14 page book view. Where am I going wrong? ljwmis wrote: > My problem is that I want to split the double sided book view pages and save > to .pdf as single sided pages i.e. fr...

whole number fractions to proper fractions
MS Word 2004 As a cookbook editor, I receive countless submissions with the most common fractions entered as whole numbers. I have quick correct to convert these if I am typing them myself however I need a way to have Word make the conversion on a per document basis rather than on a manual fraction by fraction basis or even using Find/Replace as I do now. In the old WordPerfect days, running spell check would do this as well as convert generic quotes to typographer's quotes; Word does neither. Google has not been my friend in this search. Appropriate suggestions from this for...