Formating numbering in Publisher

Hello
I am trying to change some bullet poins into a numbered list. So I put my
cursor at the start of the line of text, and press the numbered list icon. It
turns it into a numbered list, which is what I want it to do (as I go to each
line I have to start the numbering at the next number in sequence, but that
is fine)
The trick is though, sometimes the numbers are bold, sometimes the numbers
are normal. How can I make them all bold or all normal (The text is all
normal)
Thanks so much!!!
0
Bosley (19)

Bosley wrote:
> Hello
> I am trying to change some bullet poins into a numbered list. So I
> put my cursor at the start of the line of text, and press the
> numbered list icon. It turns it into a numbered list, which is what I
> want it to do (as I go to each line I have to start the numbering at
> the next number in sequence, but that is fine)
> The trick is though, sometimes the numbers are bold, sometimes the
> numbers are normal. How can I make them all bold or all normal (The
> text is all normal)
> Thanks so much!!!
===============================
Not sure which Pub version you are running
but I hope this makes sense...

In Pub 2007 I can left click / drag my cursor
across the list of text (point to bottom right /
left click / drag to upper left) to select all and
while selected...left click the Numbering or
Bullets icon and all will change. At this point...
all should be Normal or Bold but if not...just
click the Bold button.

--

    John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/17/2008 8:58:03 AM
Thanks for your reply, John. I should have mentioned that I am using 2003
(i've just ordered 2007 and am waiting for it to arrive!)
I tried what you suggested, but I still seem to have the problem of the
numbering being bold for the first 3 numbers, and then when I get to number 4
it becomes normal. The text isn't bold, so I'm ot sure what is happening. I
tried what you suggested, however only succeeded in making the text bold,
with no effect on the numbering!
Any other suggestions : )

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Bosley wrote:
> > Hello
> > I am trying to change some bullet poins into a numbered list. So I
> > put my cursor at the start of the line of text, and press the
> > numbered list icon. It turns it into a numbered list, which is what I
> > want it to do (as I go to each line I have to start the numbering at
> > the next number in sequence, but that is fine)
> > The trick is though, sometimes the numbers are bold, sometimes the
> > numbers are normal. How can I make them all bold or all normal (The
> > text is all normal)
> > Thanks so much!!!
> ===============================
> Not sure which Pub version you are running
> but I hope this makes sense...
>
> In Pub 2007 I can left click / drag my cursor
> across the list of text (point to bottom right /
> left click / drag to upper left) to select all and
> while selected...left click the Numbering or
> Bullets icon and all will change. At this point...
> all should be Normal or Bold but if not...just
> click the Bold button.
>
> --
>
>     John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Bosley (19)
11/18/2008 3:54:01 AM
Just to clarify further, when you go further down the list, it reverts back
to bold. So My numbered list is looking like this
1.  is in bold
2.  is in bold
3.  is in bold
4.  is in normal
5. is in bold
6.  is in bold

All of the text is normal! Is there a way to change the formating of the
numbering so that it is bold or normal. What makes it go bold or normal
usually (is it to match the text?)
Helpppppp !!! Thank you !!!
"Bosley" wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, John. I should have mentioned that I am using 2003
> (i've just ordered 2007 and am waiting for it to arrive!)
> I tried what you suggested, but I still seem to have the problem of the
> numbering being bold for the first 3 numbers, and then when I get to number 4
> it becomes normal. The text isn't bold, so I'm ot sure what is happening. I
> tried what you suggested, however only succeeded in making the text bold,
> with no effect on the numbering!
> Any other suggestions : )
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
> > Bosley wrote:
> > > Hello
> > > I am trying to change some bullet poins into a numbered list. So I
> > > put my cursor at the start of the line of text, and press the
> > > numbered list icon. It turns it into a numbered list, which is what I
> > > want it to do (as I go to each line I have to start the numbering at
> > > the next number in sequence, but that is fine)
> > > The trick is though, sometimes the numbers are bold, sometimes the
> > > numbers are normal. How can I make them all bold or all normal (The
> > > text is all normal)
> > > Thanks so much!!!
> > ===============================
> > Not sure which Pub version you are running
> > but I hope this makes sense...
> >
> > In Pub 2007 I can left click / drag my cursor
> > across the list of text (point to bottom right /
> > left click / drag to upper left) to select all and
> > while selected...left click the Numbering or
> > Bullets icon and all will change. At this point...
> > all should be Normal or Bold but if not...just
> > click the Bold button.
> >
> > --
> >
> >     John Inzer MS-MVP
> > Digital Media Experience
> >
> >             Notice
> > This is not tech support
> >       I am a volunteer
> >
> >  Solutions that work for
> > me may not work for you
> >
> > Proceed at your own risk

0
Bosley (19)
11/18/2008 4:09:01 AM
Bosley wrote:
> Just to clarify further, when you go further down the list, it
> reverts back to bold. So My numbered list is looking like this
> 1.  is in bold
> 2.  is in bold
> 3.  is in bold
> 4.  is in normal
> 5. is in bold
> 6.  is in bold
>
> All of the text is normal! Is there a way to change the formating of
> the numbering so that it is bold or normal. What makes it go bold or
> normal usually (is it to match the text?)
> Helpppppp !!! Thank you !!!
> "Bosley" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply, John. I should have mentioned that I am using
>> 2003 (i've just ordered 2007 and am waiting for it to arrive!)
>> I tried what you suggested, but I still seem to have the problem of
>> the numbering being bold for the first 3 numbers, and then when I
>> get to number 4 it becomes normal. The text isn't bold, so I'm ot
>> sure what is happening. I tried what you suggested, however only
>> succeeded in making the text bold, with no effect on the numbering!
>> Any other suggestions : )
All I would know to do is to select all of the numbers
and text and then toggle the Bold button on and off...
that should make all selected characters normal or
bold. At least...that's what it does in my 2007 version.

--

    John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/18/2008 4:49:07 AM
Turn on the Special Characters, ( � ), at the end of #4 highlight the �
(paragraph symbol) click bold.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Bosley" <Bosley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Just to clarify further, when you go further down the list, it reverts back
> to bold. So My numbered list is looking like this
> 1.  is in bold
> 2.  is in bold
> 3.  is in bold
> 4.  is in normal
> 5. is in bold
> 6.  is in bold
>
> All of the text is normal! Is there a way to change the formating of the
> numbering so that it is bold or normal. What makes it go bold or normal
> usually (is it to match the text?)
> Helpppppp !!! Thank you !!!
> "Bosley" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply, John. I should have mentioned that I am using 2003
>> (i've just ordered 2007 and am waiting for it to arrive!)
>> I tried what you suggested, but I still seem to have the problem of the
>> numbering being bold for the first 3 numbers, and then when I get to number 4
>> it becomes normal. The text isn't bold, so I'm ot sure what is happening. I
>> tried what you suggested, however only succeeded in making the text bold,
>> with no effect on the numbering!
>> Any other suggestions : )

>> > ===============================
>> > Not sure which Pub version you are running
>> > but I hope this makes sense...
>> >
>> > In Pub 2007 I can left click / drag my cursor
>> > across the list of text (point to bottom right /
>> > left click / drag to upper left) to select all and
>> > while selected...left click the Numbering or
>> > Bullets icon and all will change. At this point...
>> > all should be Normal or Bold but if not...just
>> > click the Bold button.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> >     John Inzer MS-MVP
>> > Digital Media Experience
>> >
>> >             Notice
>> > This is not tech support
>> >       I am a volunteer
>> >
>> >  Solutions that work for
>> > me may not work for you
>> >
>> > Proceed at your own risk

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/18/2008 11:30:10 AM
Thank you for all you help John. Thanks Mary, that works!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Turn on the Special Characters, ( ¶ ), at the end of #4 highlight the ¶
> (paragraph symbol) click bold.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Bosley" <Bosley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Just to clarify further, when you go further down the list, it reverts back
> > to bold. So My numbered list is looking like this
> > 1.  is in bold
> > 2.  is in bold
> > 3.  is in bold
> > 4.  is in normal
> > 5. is in bold
> > 6.  is in bold
> >
> > All of the text is normal! Is there a way to change the formating of the
> > numbering so that it is bold or normal. What makes it go bold or normal
> > usually (is it to match the text?)
> > Helpppppp !!! Thank you !!!
> > "Bosley" wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for your reply, John. I should have mentioned that I am using 2003
> >> (i've just ordered 2007 and am waiting for it to arrive!)
> >> I tried what you suggested, but I still seem to have the problem of the
> >> numbering being bold for the first 3 numbers, and then when I get to number 4
> >> it becomes normal. The text isn't bold, so I'm ot sure what is happening. I
> >> tried what you suggested, however only succeeded in making the text bold,
> >> with no effect on the numbering!
> >> Any other suggestions : )

0
Bosley (19)
11/23/2008 8:38:07 PM
Glad to help, Bosley, did you know if you highlight the paragraph symbol you
also can change the color of the numbers or bullets?

--

> Thank you for all you help John. Thanks Mary, that works!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Turn on the Special Characters, ( � ), at the end of #4 highlight the �
>> (paragraph symbol) click bold.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Bosley" <Bosley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Just to clarify further, when you go further down the list, it reverts back
>> > to bold. So My numbered list is looking like this
>> > 1.  is in bold
>> > 2.  is in bold
>> > 3.  is in bold
>> > 4.  is in normal
>> > 5. is in bold
>> > 6.  is in bold
>> >
>> > All of the text is normal! Is there a way to change the formating of the
>> > numbering so that it is bold or normal. What makes it go bold or normal
>> > usually (is it to match the text?)
>> > Helpppppp !!! Thank you !!!

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/23/2008 8:52:21 PM
Bosley wrote:
> Thank you for all you help John. Thanks Mary, that works!
===========================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

--

    John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How do I mail merge for postcards in MS Publisher 2 or 4 per page.
Can anyone help? Create a mail merge Step by step instructions http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "reechemist" <reechemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E75713-F19E-4AA3-81E8-98E0BFD795A5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? ...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

how to get odd numbered pages to view on right hand side of scree.
i am using word 2003. i want to preview a document with two pages to a view. the odd numbered pages appear on the left hand side of the screen. this is opposite to the real life appearance of the document when odd pages would be on the right hand side. how do i get the pages to appear as in a real life layout? The only way to see facing pages at all is in Print Preview (you can't do it in Print Layout view). In order to do it in Print Preview, you have to have "Different odd and even" headers/footers and/or "Mirror margins" enabled. -- Suzanne S. Bar...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Primary Key that Contains Number as a String & starting with zero
I have two forms: frmFaculty and frmCourse. I have linked these two forms through the FacultyID. When I open the frmCourse through the frmFaculty it transfers the FacultyID because I given frmCourse OnCurrent the following language: If Me.NewRecord Then [FacultyID].DefaultValue = Forms![Faculty]![FacultyID] End If My problem is that if the FacultyID is 094511 for some reason it does not pick up the zero. This is odd because I made this field into a string. Can someone help me in explaining how do I make the zero appear in the front when I open the frmCourse? Thank you!! ...

Formatting / Formula
Hi, Not sure if I need conditional formatting or a formula for the following: If I put a date into a spreadsheet I'd like it to change colour after a set number of days to warn me that it's now time expired. ie 01 Dec should turn RED after 90 days to show that time's up! Any help will be gratefully received Telford Tom 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional ...

Conditional Format if cell value is odd
Hi all, Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch, Michele Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject. =ISODD(A1) Tyro "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:c6bc0e02-00c7-4d33-b85b-0c8ce728d3b9@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks a bunch, > > Michele If the cell value you want to check is A1, then: formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0 hope that helps Carlo On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: >...

First non blank number in a row
I've been trying to figure out how i can identify the first non blank cell in a series and show me which column that cell is in. e.g. Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 Row1 34.2 3.45 45.1 432.1 Row2 43.1 541 Row3 34.1 51.12 What formula can i key in Col6, that shows me the for row2,that col2 is the first non blank number, and for row 3, col3 is the first non blank number and similarly for Row1, col1 is the first non blank number. Thanks In F2 =MIN(IF(A2:E2<>"",COLUMN(A2:E2))) which is an array formula, so c...