footnotes #3

Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher 2007
0
Iolani (2)

No

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
> 2007

0
jl_paules (2767)
8/10/2007 10:55:03 AM
Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
typing.

1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
boxes for footnotes?

2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher

Thank you,
Iolani Sparks

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> No
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
> > 2007

0
Iolani (2)
8/10/2007 12:48:04 PM
You must create text boxes and create footnotes manually or paste them from
Word. You can create the genealogy booklet within Publisher, laying it all out
will be much easier than Word.
What version Publisher?
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx

Publisher 2003 Help and How-to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100649121033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/10/2007 1:39:02 PM
I've never tried to transfer footnotes over to Publisher so I'm not sure
which way you will have to go. Try it and find out.

Is there a reason why you are using Publisher for the book? Some's Word is
the better program for a task.

As for a book, there is a dearth of information on Publisher. There will be
a Dummies book for it but it's still a work in progress and I don't know the
timeline for the project. There are several sites on the web with various
tutorials on Publisher. Use Google and see what you can find out. Also,
Barnes and Noble had a book printed on Pub 2003 for $10. I don't know if
it's still available but it's worth checking out.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
> the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
> done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
jl_paules (2767)
8/10/2007 1:46:27 PM
In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at the
footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of the page
or end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust the font size.
Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to look like a normal
footnote.

How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in
Word Perfect format.

Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
> the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
> done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/10/2007 1:49:22 PM
That's a great template, Don. Develop a similar template for Publisher and
submit it to Microsoft. The link is on the left on the template main page.
"Things to Do"

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at the
> footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of the page or
> end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust the font size.
> Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to look like a normal
> footnote.
>
> How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in Word
> Perfect format.
>
> Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
>> typing.
>>
>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
>> boxes for footnotes?
>>
>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Iolani Sparks
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>>> No
>>>
>>> --
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>
>>> ~~~~~
>>> How to ask a question
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>>

>>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/10/2007 2:25:28 PM
Mary,  I went to review the template and it is for Word 2003 and wouldn't
download for me because I have Wood 2002. Doing another search I found the
template for "Word 97 and later" at,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186191033.aspx?pid=CT101445101033

It is many pages and crossbreeding it to Publisher could be a bit more than
I have time for.  And, I'm a Publisher 2000 user. :-(

don

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> That's a great template, Don. Develop a similar template for Publisher and
> submit it to Microsoft. The link is on the left on the template main page.
> "Things to Do"
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at
>> the footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of
>> the page or end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust
>> the font size. Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to
>> look like a normal footnote.
>>
>> How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in
>> Word Perfect format.
>>
>> Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.
>>
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also
>>> new to
>>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
>>> the
>>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys
>>> with a
>>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the
>>> book's
>>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
>>> done
>>> typing.
>>>
>>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate
>>> text
>>> boxes for footnotes?
>>>
>>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Iolani Sparks

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/10/2007 4:56:21 PM
Beware all those converting text and photos from Microsoft Word XP to Publisher 2003!  All footnotes disappear. Sad experience this month with a family history.

> On Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:10 PM Iolan wrote:

> Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher 2007

>> On Friday, August 10, 2007 6:55 AM JoAnn Paules wrote:

>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

>>> On Friday, August 10, 2007 8:48 AM Iolan wrote:

>>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
>>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
>>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
>>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
>>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
>>> typing.
>>>
>>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
>>> boxes for footnotes?
>>>
>>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Iolani Sparks

hovering cursor over footnote number in text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I used to be able to hover the cursor over a foot/end note number in the document, and a mini window would show me the note text. All of a sudden, my cursor no longer works this way. I don't think I changed any settings, but can anyone tell me how I might fix this? <br><br>Thanks! Check another document: is that the same? You may have converted that footnote to hard text at some point, in which case there is no note text to show. Sorry: I can't think of anything else... On 11/03/10 5:32 AM, in article...

Office Update 11.3.9
The updater just installed the 11.3.9 update and I missed finding a read me file to know what was changed. Anyone have a Read Me file or URL to what has been changed? In article <arkayREMOVE-B97666.20113206112007@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net>, aRKay <arkayREMOVE@qsl.net> wrote: > The updater just installed the 11.3.9 update and I missed finding a read > me file to know what was changed. > > Anyone have a Read Me file or URL to what has been changed? First, you can always check the 11.3.9 Update Log.txt file in the HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office...

format cell #3
how can I format cell so when I want to enter, say, time I just type 1427 and it will come as 14:27? thanks for any response, Mark Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm this requires VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark wrote: > how can I format cell so when I want to enter, say, time I just type > 1427 and it will come as 14:27? > thanks for any response, > Mark Mark If you wish for 14:27 to be a usable time, you cannot format. You must use VBA code to convert the 1427 to 14:27 Chip Pearson has code for this........ http://www.cpearson.co...

Running Total #3
Hi I have a value in cell A1 (Currency) and I want to be able to enter value in B1 and have that added to the value in A1. Simple but I wan the new value in A1 to remain even when I delete the value in B1 an for A1 to be updated every time I enter a value in B1 Please advise an easy way to do this. Thanks V -- uplink60 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- uplink600's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39053 There are a couple of ways to d...

Functions #3
Hi, I am new to Excel 2007 and have done all the 'training' offered on the Microsoft website. I am now interested in learning about the different functions. I have been reading the posts on here, especially the ones asking about formulas. As I don't find the Excel Help files very easy to understand, can anyone recommend a website which explains things clearly, like "$" "!", etc. Thanks. Try this for starters http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/FX100646951033.aspx -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was ...

1.2 to 3.0 upgrade issues
CRM not fully functional after upgrade, it seems like it is a permissions issue, possibly SQL user/login permissions? Certain categories such as KNowledge Base will load fine in the browser, however others like "Accounts" will not, and return the "an error has occurred, contact your system administrator" error message. I reviewed the IIS logs and they are showing 401 errors. When trying to verify licenses using Deployment manager (user manager) i get a http://crm/MSCRMServices/ is not responding error. When running the CRM Environment Diagnostics Wizard i receive th...

Number of worksheets #3
I am using Excel 97. Apparently Excel 97 can only support 255 worksheets, but I have a workbook which has over 400 worksheets! Can someone please tell me how and why the software has allowed it and what are the implications if any? If it does support it without any problems what would be the absolute maximum number os worksheets it could hold? -- Mark The number of WSs is limited only by the memory on your machine. That 255 number is just the number of sheets that can be created in a new WB *automatically*. Try this: Set the option to 255 sheets for a new WB. Open that new WB. Right...

Cash Flow Forecast #3
Does anyone know of a way to print a cash flow report either past or future dates? Matt You can go to reports - monthly reports - and then click on the month that you would like to view. You should be able to print out the cash flow forecast from there. You can then go to any month there is a monthly report for and do the same Good luck. ...

Outlook Client
When I attempt to go offline with the Outlook client, I receive the error, Failed move data for entity Case during action salnsert, countRows........ I saw a couple of other posts about this error but no response to them. Can anyone provide some additional information about how to correct the issue? Thank you, Donna This could happen for a few different reasons but make sure the user has permissions to the BCP folder in his profile... C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\BCP "Donna Edwards" wrote: > When I attempt to go offline with the O...

Editing Footnotes
How can I change how the footnotes appear at the bottom of the page in a document that already exists with footnotes in it? Issues are: (1) Sometimes there is one space, (2) sometimes there is a tab before the footnote text -- both of which I think I've handled in the code below, and (3) in rare occassions, there is no space before the footnote text -- and I have no idea what to do in that case! I want to programatically edit all footnotes to appear with two spaces before the footnote text. Can someone please take a look and advise me (1) have I dealt with the first ...

Plotting a 3 D curve
Hi Guys, i was wondering if there is any way to plot a 3D curve using excel. basically i have a table (row and column) of values that i want to b treated as one data series. excel seems to only accept data serie either in row or column :( e.g z\x |0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.5 | 1 2 3 4 0.6 | 2 3 4 5 0.7 | 3 4 5 6 0.8 | 4 5 6 7 the integers are the Y-axis value. if i select 3D surface chart, excel just treat the table of values as different series rather than one. any help would be much appreciated. cheer...

Creating entity record in inactive view using crm 3.0 sdk
hi everybody, I want to add entity record in inactive view by using crm 3.0 sdk.Already i created a record by using sdk but it was added in' active' view records,but my requirement is to add record directly in 'inactive' view records. Can anybody suggest me how to solve this problem ? Pls provide code samples if anybody have. Waiting for replies. Thanks Prabhakar. you will have to create the record (which you have already done), and then set it's state/status as a separate operation. Dave Ireland "prabhakar.penugonda" <prabhakarpenugonda@discussio...

Balancing #3
I miss the breakdown in the balancing step that would show the number of withdraws and subtotal, number of deposits and subtotal, number of checks cleared and subtotal. This was in 2003 but has not been in 2004 nor 2005 version this would make balancing much easier as this shows on my statement and can help me isolate where I am off. Would love it if Microsoft would put this back in! Have you submitted a wish? "K Lane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3a8401c4af22$8ca85f10$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I miss the breakdown in the balancing step t...

Footnotes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you restart footnotes with Number 1 in each chapter of a document? I also can't remember how to do it, but I would do it by first looking in Word's Help. You can search for "footnotes" and you'll should easily find the article "Restart footnote or endnote numbers". --rms www.rmschneider.com On 12/05/10 13:40, kodnik@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you > restart footnotes with Number 1 in each chapter of a docu...

How do I add footnotes in Publisher? #2
How do I add footnotes or endnotes to a passage in Publisher? Is it possible? I know in Word you go to Insert->Reference->Footnote, but there isn't a "reference" tab in Publisher. Hi kgoff (kgoff@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I add footnotes or endnotes to a passage in Publisher? Is it || possible? I know in Word you go to Insert->Reference->Footnote, but || there isn't a "reference" tab in Publisher. Publisher doesn't have this feature. You have to create them manually...usually using superscript etc. ...

Sorting an Array #3
I have an array of 2 columns: A & B. A contains a Product Code and B contains a Product Description which can sometimes be unique or sometimes the same description. For example: A1 B1 1 X8 ThingA 2 X8 ThingA 3 G9 WidgetA 4 S5 PartA 5 G9 WidgetB 6 X8 PartB 7 W1 StuffA 8 W1 StuffA 9 X8 ThingA I need to be able to create a list, by Product Code, listing only one occurrance per product description. Essentially, the same way a Filter displays items in a column. -- Regards... You could select column B. Then Data|filter|advanced fil...

Date Problem #3
I pull data into excel that contains date that look like this....10104 which is supposed to be Jan 4th 2001 (YYMMDD) I there is a simple way to convert this to a readable date? Any format is fine, whether it's yyyymmdd or mmddyy or whatever. T.I.A. Ed Select the cells with the date Go to Format...Cells...Number tab...select date from the "Category" lis then select the format you want from the "Type" list That doesn't work. The problem is this number 10104 is only a 5 digit number. Excel tries to convert that number to a date of 8/30/27 "Debbe"...

hyperlink #3
what can i do to not have the security info asking about a file i am linking too. it states some links may be harmful.. i no this maybe easy but i am new to this so again how can i get a hyperlink with no security warning. the files i am linking are on drive and usually word documents or forms See: http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=829072 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200724 "johne" wrote: > what can i do to not have the security info asking about a file i am linking > too. > it states some links may be harmful.. i no this maybe easy but i am new...

ThorConnWndClass #3
I use OL 03 on XP Pro (SP2) and have 2 problems which I think may be related. First, occassionally OL freezes when trying to send emails. Second, when I tell XP to restart, it says ThorConnWndClass is still running and asks me if I want to end it. Can anyone tell me why this is and how to fix it? Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >I use OL 03 on XP Pro (SP2) and have 2 problems which I think may be >related. First, occassionally OL freezes when trying to send emails. >Second, when I tell XP to restart, it says ThorConnWndClass is still running >and asks me if I wan...

Changing footnotes to endnotes
How do I change footnotes to endnotes in Word 97? -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk Not sure about Word 97, but in 2000 and 2003 go to the Footnote reference create dialog, in 2003 this is under Insert, Reference, Footnote, on this dialog there is a Convert button, clcik this and you have choice of Converting All Footnotes to Endnotes, Converting All Endnotes to Footnotes, and Swap Footnotes and Endnote...

Exchange 2003 Question #3
Dear all, I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I can clean/delete mail based on certain criteria from users mailbox via the System Manager. Is this feature still available in Exchange 2003, If so, where is it? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. You can use ExMerge to remove emails based on certain criteria (ie. attachment name, subject, etc). http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html "KA Kueh" wrote: > Dear all, > > I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I > can clean/delete mail based on ...

3 variable xyz scattergram
Hi there I need to create a 3 variable, and 3d (rotatable optional) scattergram using a logartihmic scale on the x axis. x axis range: 0.1 - 7,000,000 y axis range: 0 - 1 z axis range: 0 - 7,000,000 Can you please help. Thanks The 3d chart in a LINE chart the x-values are treated as categories not numbers. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "tsharp" <tsharp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CA8B949-EA7B-4551-A54C-F9B5B4B3D599@microsoft.com... > Hi there I need to create a 3 variable,...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
hello, this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently it failed. now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work. i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below saying it was not installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86-- i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful i have windows xp pro sp3 installed. i have no clue what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cannot start Outlook 2003 #3
Hi , When I start Outlook I get the following error message Unable to open your default email folders .The microsoft exchange server computer is not available .Either there are network problems or the Microsoft exchange server is down for maintenance . I can get my email if I log from another machine .I have recreated my profiles ;applied service pak1 .Still no luck . Please reply . Thanks Mibsun mibsun <mibsun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I start Outlook I get the following error message > Unable to open your default email folders .The microsoft exchange > se...

product key #3
Is there anything I can do if I've lost the cd-case with the product key on it? I had to reinstall windows and now I can't get publisher back on my computer. Call microsoft Scott wrote: > Is there anything I can do if I've lost the cd-case with > the product key on it? I had to reinstall windows and now > I can't get publisher back on my computer. (425) 635-7056 -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in ...