Font not displaying correctly after upgrade from '00 to '03

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me! I have a Publisher file that was
created in Publisher 2000 using Heather font. Since we bought new computers
and updgraded to Office 2003, when I went to update the file, I saw that the
font is not displaying correctly. I tried copying the font file from the old
computer where it still shows up correctly, but that didn't work. I also
tried to save the file as a Publisher 2000 file, but when I opened it again
it still didn't display right. Any way to avoid this? Thanks!!!
0
Amy (241)

Amy <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me! I have a Publisher file that
> was created in Publisher 2000 using Heather font. Since we bought new
> computers and updgraded to Office 2003, when I went to update the
> file, I saw that the font is not displaying correctly. I tried
> copying the font file from the old computer where it still shows up
> correctly, but that didn't work. I also tried to save the file as a
> Publisher 2000 file, but when I opened it again it still didn't
> display right. Any way to avoid this? Thanks!!!

Make sure that you have a copy of the font file on your hard drive or
desktop.

Then open up your Fonts folder by clicking Start > Run, typing Fonts,
clicking OK

Now drag the font file into your fonts folder.  The font will be installed.

Now restart your computer and start Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/13/2005 9:41:06 PM

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Amy <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me! I have a Publisher file that
> > was created in Publisher 2000 using Heather font. Since we bought new
> > computers and updgraded to Office 2003, when I went to update the
> > file, I saw that the font is not displaying correctly. I tried
> > copying the font file from the old computer where it still shows up
> > correctly, but that didn't work. I also tried to save the file as a
> > Publisher 2000 file, but when I opened it again it still didn't
> > display right. Any way to avoid this? Thanks!!!
>
> Make sure that you have a copy of the font file on your hard drive or
> desktop.
>
> Then open up your Fonts folder by clicking Start > Run, typing Fonts,
> clicking OK
>
> Now drag the font file into your fonts folder.  The font will be installed.
>
> Now restart your computer and start Publisher.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Ed,
It worked!! Thank you SOOO much!!!
Amy
0
Amy (241)
1/18/2005 10:25:05 PM
Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> was very
recently heard to utter:
> For what it's worth, I had a problem not being able to drag a couple
> different font files into my folder and having them appear. I seeked
> assistance from MS and I was told to ALWAYS use the File > Install
> Font menu in the Font folder. I did that with the troublesome fonts,
> and it indeed worked.

Which version of Windows was this?

I have never had a problem with dragging and dropping into my font folder
(even when I was installing 700 fonts that I copied over from my old
machine, dragging them in as a selection)

I really don't see why it uses a Windows 3.1-style dialog box when it is
installing the fonts, though.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/20/2005 8:48:47 PM
Hi Ed Bennett (the_nerd@mvps.org),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Which version of Windows was this?
|| I have never had a problem with dragging and dropping into my font
|| folder (even when I was installing 700 fonts that I copied over from
|| my old machine, dragging them in as a selection)
|| I really don't see why it uses a Windows 3.1-style dialog box when
|| it is installing the fonts, though.

XP. Don't know why, but I know it worked.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
1/20/2005 8:55:26 PM
Hi Amy,

I have just upgraded to 2003 and have the excact same problem.

Im not sure what i need to do, i have read but didnt fully understand.

I have 2000 Publisher on the computer at work, what do i need to do in order
to sort out this 2003 version.

Please reply ASAP as i am desperate to do this work this week.

andy

--
Thankyou

"Amy" wrote:

> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
> > Amy <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > > Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me! I have a Publisher file that
> > > was created in Publisher 2000 using Heather font. Since we bought new
> > > computers and updgraded to Office 2003, when I went to update the
> > > file, I saw that the font is not displaying correctly. I tried
> > > copying the font file from the old computer where it still shows up
> > > correctly, but that didn't work. I also tried to save the file as a
> > > Publisher 2000 file, but when I opened it again it still didn't
> > > display right. Any way to avoid this? Thanks!!!
> >
> > Make sure that you have a copy of the font file on your hard drive or
> > desktop.
> >
> > Then open up your Fonts folder by clicking Start > Run, typing Fonts,
> > clicking OK
> >
> > Now drag the font file into your fonts folder.  The font will be installed.
> >
> > Now restart your computer and start Publisher.
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> >

> Ed,
> It worked!! Thank you SOOO much!!!
> Amy
0
AndyR (2)
2/18/2007 9:25:02 PM
If the font does not exist on your machine, you need to copy the font file
from your old machine to your new machine and install it in the Fonts
folder.
If you can't do that, you need to make note of the missing font and try to
find that font somewhere so you can install it on your new system.

You may want to post the name of the font here, there are several
font-junkies here who may be able to tell you where it came from.

"Andy R" <AndyR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi Amy,
|
| I have just upgraded to 2003 and have the excact same problem.
|
| Im not sure what i need to do, i have read but didnt fully understand.
|
| I have 2000 Publisher on the computer at work, what do i need to do in
order
| to sort out this 2003 version.
|
| Please reply ASAP as i am desperate to do this work this week.
|
| andy
|
| --
| Thankyou
|

| "Amy" wrote:
|

| > "Ed Bennett" wrote:
| >
| > > Amy <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
| > >
| > > Make sure that you have a copy of the font file on your hard drive or
| > > desktop.
| > >
| > > Then open up your Fonts folder by clicking Start > Run, typing Fonts,
| > > clicking OK
| > >
| > > Now drag the font file into your fonts folder.  The font will be
installed.

| > > Now restart your computer and start Publisher.
| > >
| > > --
| > > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
| > >

| > Ed,
| > It worked!! Thank you SOOO much!!!
| > Amy

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Pie Chart display
The attached sheet is extracted from a workbook of many things that I find helpful which I save as I learn. However, when I extract this sheet the Chart numbers changed, meaning that the pie and doughnut no longer display correctly. To 'use' the .FirstSliceAngle (in the 'Spin Chase' button) it appears to need the chart to be activated, producing the 'selected' look which I was able to avoid in the other displays by activating a hidden chart in the R column. Other display problems were avoided by using a white font hidden behind other charts for processing (to prevent ...

Euro Display Not working in Form
I have an Access 2003 Client linked to a SQL Server DB (2005). When I change a text box to format as Euro it never displays as Euro, only the number. I've tried Currency Type in SQL Server, Decimal, Numeric, etc.. What Am I doing wrongly? ...

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

Upgrade from 8 to 10 and recived an error message when printing
SOP Inventory Sales History report Recieved Message Error in Equation 'C Exception Item' Not much to go by, but try recreating the calculated field. In addition, did you check if this report would upgrade? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "GPNut" wrote: > SOP Inventory Sales History report > Recieved Message > > Error in Equation 'C Exception Item' > ------=_NextPart_0001_835A8E7F Content-Type...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

displaying the Day from a date
I have a field on my form that displays a date like 2nd April 2007 is there a way to display the day as well eg Monday 2nd April 2007 Thanks very much SImon Set the Format property of the text box to: Long Date That should show the day and date (depending on how you have Long Date defined in the Windows Control Panel, under Regional Settings.) You can also show the day in another text box with the Format property set to: dddd -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allen...

Excel with Concatenate does not format date correctly
I am using Excel 2007. I want to use concatenate to combine employee name with date started. The date is not showing correctly. A1=Jane Doe B1=10/8/2011 C1=CONCATENATE(A1,B1) The screen shows: Jane Doe40824 What do I need to do differently, so it says: Jane Doe10/8/2011 Use : =A1&" "&TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yyyy") Daniel > I am using Excel 2007. I want to use concatenate to combine employee > name with date started. > The date is not showing correctly. > > A1=Jane Doe > B1=10/8/2011 > > C1=CONCATENATE(A1,B1) > The screen shows: > Jane ...

how to display two spread sheets side by side
How do I display two spread sheets side by side? So that I can read from one and edit the other spread sheet, at the same time? Thank you. Andrea After you opened the spreadsheets you want to view, Try Window>Arrange>Vertical Mike Rogers "Andrea Gates" wrote: > How do I display two spread sheets side by side? > So that I can read from one and edit the other spread sheet, at the same > time? > > Thank you. > > The best way, if you can manage it, is to use multiple monitors. Personally, I can hardly get along anymore with less than two. Va...

Inserted Picture Not Display
Hi, I have inserted a picture onto sheet1, but it wasnt displayed, only eight handles can be seen. The inserted picture will display only after I move it, but then when I switch to another sheet and come back to it later, it disappeared again. Please help me! I am using Excel 2003...My OS is XP Pro. -- Love to be here ...

remote display
I would like to use projectors connected to networked computers to remotely display the data from an excel spreadsheet. The operator of the spreadsheet will be entering numbers in the cells that represent the wrestling matches coming up on the mats. We would like the fans and competitors to then see the schedule on the projected screens. Is this possible? In real time? Ken Dies Ohio Youth Wrestling -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com ...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Contacts 08-14-03
Question- As a test, I've created a text file in notepad containing the following 2 records: "Cobb, Chris" "Halstead, Rebecca" The delimeter is Comma, The text qualifier is double-quote The contacts import without error. When I activate the contacts, I don't see the names. Any idea why? Seems as though should without issue. Thanks, Chris ...

concatenate 03-02-10
I am trying t convert 2 cells, but i only want to merge if the total characters does not exceed 70 characters, can anyone help me with a formula for that? Hi I am not sure if this is what you want: IF(LEN(A1)+LEN(B1)<=70,CONCATENATE(A1,B1),"") check both columns if less than 70 = concatinate both, if not blank or LEFT(CONCATENATE(A1,B1),70) this concatenate both cells up to 70 characters -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "joe" wrote: > I am trying t convert 2 cells, but i only want to me...

Display Scroll bars
What is the best way to assure that when an Excel workbook is open it fills the entire screen, regardless of the user's display specs, and that both the horizontal and vertical scrollbars display. I've tried: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .DisplayFullScreen = True .DisplayScrollBars = True .DisplayStatusBar = True End With End Sub And I've also tried: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.DisplayFullScreen = True ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True End Sub The problem is the horizotal scrollbar does not appear. Ironically after ...

Modify OWA GAL display
I will be customizing the fields that are returned when users view contacts (from the GAL) in the outlook address book. Is there also a way to modify the fields returned when user searches the GAL from OWA? i.e. display middleName with the results. Can it be done in both the rich version and the light (non-IE) version? How? Exchange 2k3 running on win2k3. Thanks ...

Looking fo upgrade from 10.0 to 10.0 SP3
I am trying to find documentation on upgrading from 10.0 to 10.0 SP3 (or the latest GP 10 instance). I looked through the downloads and found this 10_GP_ENUS_FP1_DVD_SP3.zip 1.4gig file. I downloaded and unzipped and found a normal setup.exe, but no real instructions on how to upgrade. I'm I looking in the correct place? Do I need to upgrade to SP1 then SP2, then SP3? I'm a little lost at this point. Wes, Servie Packs are cumulative in nature so SP3 will include all fixes and features for SP1 as well as SP2, so You can directly upgrade to SP3. You'll find the upgrade to ...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Suggestions regarding split in time upgrade option
Hello Support, We would like to suggest to you to provide with the much required feature of upgrading GP to a higher version with an option to upgrade databases in different phases for our clients. We would like to stress on the fact that it gets more and more important by day to have a "split in time" upgrade routine for bigger clients, as we see that some upgrades are running into 4-5 days processing (big databases in size and up to 15-20 operational companies running on GP).. Even taking into account a weekend it still means that the client is down for 2-3 days of daily b...

Upgrade to Office:mac X from PC version
I am currently switching from PC to mac. To this end I have purchased an upgrade copy of Mac Office vX to replace my PC version. However, when I try to install the Office Mac vX on my powerbook it does not recognise the PC version on CD to confirm my eligibility for upgrade. The upgrade eligibility does not metion at all not being able to switch OS for upgrades. Can I upgrade from Office XP on my PC to Mac Office vX on my powerbook? (I will be getting rid of my PC once all has been switched across...) Thanks Phil Hodey In article <646f0edf.0403070937.1710b791@posting.google.com>, ...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

how do I add a functioning time display in a visio document?
Have a simple visio document and I want to add some simple clocks showing various time throughout different time zones. You can add text fields to shapes that display the current time. This could be customized further to add or subtract a few hours to calculate the time in a different time zone. Visio refreshes time fields every few seconds. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "colezilla" <colezilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:996CCFD2-C...

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

Displaying numbers used in formula
Hello. I have a spreadsheet with many elementary formulas. The VP wants the numbers used in the formulas displayed next to the cell with the formula. As an example...Let's say in J11-J14 I have the numbers 34, 67, 57 and 48. In D10 I have the formula: =(J11/J12)+(J13/J14). Great, but now in E10 the VP wants to see: (34/67)+(57/48). Of course I could do it manually, but there are LOTS of formulas on each sheet and the numbers change weekly. Is there a way to EASILY automate this? Thanks. Use the & symbol and quotation marks. For example, if you enter ="("&J1...