Flipping text so it prints in reverse

I am trying to print some some plastic name badges and it requires me to
print out the info in reverse and stick that side down on the card. problem
is I cannot get it to reverse it only wants to rotate. Can anyone help me?

I think use WORD ART or save Name as JPEG and reverse that.

John G.

Steve H." <Steve H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print some some plastic name badges and it requires me
> print out the info in reverse and stick that side down on the card.
> problem
> is I cannot get it to reverse it only wants to rotate. Can anyone help
> me?

0
Greentest1 (225)
2/7/2008 3:20:36 AM
WordArt will work, just grab one of the side handles and bring it across.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
|I think use WORD ART or save Name as JPEG and reverse that.
|
| John G.
|
| Steve H." <Steve H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >I am trying to print some some plastic name badges and it requires me
| > print out the info in reverse and stick that side down on the card.
| > problem
| > is I cannot get it to reverse it only wants to rotate. Can anyone help
| > me?

0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/7/2008 4:26:45 AM
Thanks, that worked, but now publisher will not print the form. Is it because
the photos are too large?

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

> WordArt will work, just grab one of the side handles and bring it across.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> |I think use WORD ART or save Name as JPEG and reverse that.
> |
> | John G.
> |
> | Steve H." <Steve H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | >I am trying to print some some plastic name badges and it requires me
> | > print out the info in reverse and stick that side down on the card.
> | > problem
> | > is I cannot get it to reverse it only wants to rotate. Can anyone help
> | > me?

0
SteveH (21)
2/7/2008 6:20:00 AM
How do we kow?? There were no pictures in your original question.
Nor was there any clue as to what version of Pub or Windows Or Mac Or ,
God Forbid, Linux, you are using.

> Thanks, that worked, but now publisher will not print the form. Is it
> because
> the photos are too large?
>
> "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
>
>> WordArt will work, just grab one of the side handles and bring it
>> across.
>>
>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>

>> "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>> |I think use WORD ART or save Name as JPEG and reverse that.
>> |
>> | John G.
>> |
>> | Steve H." <Steve H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> me
>> card.
>> help

0
Greentest1 (225)
2/7/2008 8:46:11 AM
resize the photos to fit your template?
more info needed

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Steve H." <SteveH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Thanks, that worked, but now publisher will not print the form. Is it
because
| the photos are too large?
|
| "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
|
| > WordArt will work, just grab one of the side handles and bring it
across.

| > --
| > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| > Rob Giordano
| > Microsoft MVP Expression
| >

| > "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
| > |I think use WORD ART or save Name as JPEG and reverse that.
| > |
| > | John G.
| > |
| > | Steve H." <Steve H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |
| > |

0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/7/2008 4:08:58 PM
You don't have to be a smart ass John, if you don't want to help move on. As
to what I need, is help getting my ID badges to print with Publisher 2007
with Vista. After I set it up to print multiple pages on one sheet and look
at the page preview it looks good but when I try to print it I get a message
saying Publisher unable to complete operation.
"John G" wrote:

> How do we kow?? There were no pictures in your original question.
> Nor was there any clue as to what version of Pub or Windows Or Mac Or ,
> God Forbid, Linux, you are using.
>
> John G.
>
> "Steve H." <SteveH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, that worked, but now publisher will not print the form. Is it
> > because
> > the photos are too large?
> >
> > "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
> >
> >> WordArt will work, just grab one of the side handles and bring it
> >> across.
> >>
> >> --
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> Rob Giordano
> >> Microsoft MVP Expression
> >>

> >> "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> >> me
> >> card.
> >> help

0
SteveH (21)
2/7/2008 4:51:05 PM
Did you check with the manufacturer's web site to see if there is an update to
your printer driver? What model is your printer?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> You don't have to be a smart ass John, if you don't want to help move on. As
> to what I need, is help getting my ID badges to print with Publisher 2007
> with Vista. After I set it up to print multiple pages on one sheet and look
> at the page preview it looks good but when I try to print it I get a message
> saying Publisher unable to complete operation.
> "John G" wrote:
>
>> How do we kow?? There were no pictures in your original question.
>> Nor was there any clue as to what version of Pub or Windows Or Mac Or ,
>> God Forbid, Linux, you are using.
>>
>> John G.
>>
>> "Steve H." <SteveH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks, that worked, but now publisher will not print the form. Is it
>> > because
>> > the photos are too large?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/7/2008 6:55:51 PM

"Steve H." wrote:

> I am trying to print some some plastic name badges and it requires me to
> print out the info in reverse and stick that side down on the card. problem
> is I cannot get it to reverse it only wants to rotate. Can anyone help me?
0
dottiep (2)

The textbox border prints, but the text does not. Why??
I'm in Publisher 2003. I've tried changing the object order - move to front. Photos print, the border of the box prints, but the text doesn't. I'm gonna lose it!! What happens if you bring the text box to the front? Is the photo wrapping to the point where the text is unable to fit in the text box? Select the text box, click the dog icon, click none, do the same for the pictures. Start your layering all over again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "wbrenda312" <wbrenda312@discussions.mi...

How do I flip a text box horizontally?
How do I flip a text box horizontally in Publisher? It flips vertically but not horizontally. Select the text box. Arrange - Rotate -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6890420-FECE-46E1-B0E7-73791E5FA625@microsoft.com... > How do I flip a text box horizontally in Publisher? It flips vertically > but > not horizontally. Copy, paste special as a picture... there are many choices of image formats. Or right-click the text box and save as a picture and then insert. I am guessing you w...

Unable to print calendar
I have one user that is unable to print their calendar. I've reinstalled office 2004 and that didn't help. It does matter which printer either. None work. It just hangs on the preview window with the spinning circle. Nothing happens past that. I can cancel fine. I can choose print, but nothing happens. I can mess with all the print settings. It doesn't crash it just doesn't print. The main reason this user wants to print is because there's not palm conduit for office 2004. Does anyone have any insight? D Out There actually is a Palm conduit for Office 2004. Look on ...

Powerpoint 2007 Org chart won't print
I have an org chart that prints just fine in Powerpoint 2003. The exact same document will not print any of the boxes or text in the org chart in Powerpoint 2007. I've been fiddling with graphic options, resolution and I can't get it to work. Print preview looks just fine which is quite odd too. The chart looks fine in preview, and won't print any of the boxes. (no color, no text no outlines) The text outside the org chart prints fine. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice RSVP (Rapid Sequential Visual Presentation) http://www.eggheadcafe.com...

Flip Difficulty
I am running Visio 2003 SP1. I have drawn a home floor plan. I select the entire floorplan, and try to "flip" it (for example, I want the garage on the right instead of the left, so I mirror, or flip, the entire plan). I get an error message and then the drawing is mis-configured with lines going in odd directions, like it flipped some objects but not others. Here are two of the error messages 01. "An error (318) occurred during the action Flip Horizontal. Referenced cell Wall.629!Connections.X4 does not exist". 02. "An error (318) occurred during the action F...

how to repair printing error setup in a word file
How to reparir a custom page set to print out 11x17. The setup errors out on both HP 3052 and Cannon laser printers. Thanks Googling for that printer, I believe that it is only capable of printing in A4 or Letter size. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Finance Manager 10" <Finance Manager 10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D3E956-658B-436C-8499-D0D4C7B30EC8@microsoft.com......

Text field designed same on Graphical report as on Text report
Would like Text fields to be designed the same when printed on a Graphical report versus when printed on a Text report. For example, on a Text report they grow as needed depending on the size of the note. On a Graphical report, you need to make the text field as big as your largest note. Then when you print the Graphical report for a smaller note, there is a lot of unused white space on the report. ...

Two sided booklet with rotated text
I'm using Publisher 2007 and I'm trying to print a two sided booklet in both English and Spanish. I want english on the front and flip the booklet over and have spanish on the back. It's a 24 page document and I'm a hard time figuring out how to get the pages to print on the correct page and side. I don't have a printer that can support two sided printing. How do I get the correct pages on the inside of the booklet? Front: 1,22,5,18,9,14,11,16,7,20,3,24 Back 2,21,6,17,10,13,12,15,8,19,4,23 There is a multiple page preview in the page preview screen. -- Mary ...

How do I flip a bar chart?
I need to have two bar charts that I want to display back to back ( so that the one on the left's bars go out toward the left and the one on the right's bars go out toward the right). How can I flip one? Kristen wrote on Fri, 5 May 2006 10:05:01 -0700: K> I need to have two bar charts that I want to display back to K> back ( so that the one on the left's bars go out toward the K> left and the one on the right's bars go out toward the K> right). K> How can I flip one? Would the "values in reverse order" option for the x-axis scale do what y...

Text box background color
I would like to change the background of a text box based on whether or not a corresponding record exists in another table. Is that possible? Tara wrote: >I would like to change the background of a text box based on whether or not a >corresponding record exists in another table. Is that possible? Probably. Without any more info than that, all I can say is to try modifying the form's record source query an outer join to the other table. Then you can pick up a field from the other table and test that for Null in Conditional formatting to display a different colo...

Shortcut for printing SOP to screen
When providing customer service we often choose to view an order on screen. Is it possible to set up a hot key that would go straight from the Sales Transaction Entry to printing to the screen? This would avoid opening print, selecting what to print, selecting screen, and actual printing. Hi Doug This feature was part of Named Printers and became part of core code from version 6.0 onwards. From the Sales Transaction Entry window, click Extras >> Options >> Quick Print Setup (or Options >> Quick Print Setup for v7.x). Select what you want printed and the settings. Ma...

merged document printing
How do I print multiple copies of a merged document in Publisher? Seems to only allow one copy of the document. No option is available as it is when printing a regular document. If anyone has an answer please email me at: linked4life@hotmail.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "linked4life" <linked4life@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC3E45B-B7F2-4F8D-AD4D-02154C8C399B@microsoft.com... > How do I print mult...

Can I print 2 pages on 1 page?
Is it possible to print a 2 page document and double side it? Does the printer do that? I do a lot of printing of emails and they are occasionally more than one page. I was hoping that I could save paper and time by double siding my print jobs. Thanks in advance for any info! Hello, Angel lover; Yes and Yes. Some printers have that option. Check your print dialog. If yours doesn't, check for manual paper feed. If it doesn't have that, take all but one sheet out of the paper input tray. For these last two options, print as normal, take the printed sheet, turn it over, and pu...

Importing text file corrupts my database
I'm running Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 on a MacBook under Snow Leopard 10.6.2. First I cleared out a lot of old emails and folders but there were three emails I could not delete. This then linked to the database being or becoming corrupted and rebuilding it failed every time very near the end. I eventually resolved that by manually dragging every folder to make mbox files and constructing a new identity - never done that before. The new database is fine and uncorrupted, BUT, every time I import my list of contacts from a delimited text file the database corrupts again ...

CTreeCtrl text backwards
Hi, I am using a CTreeCtrl, and setting the text for a tree item as follows: SetItemText(hTreeItem, "AAA BBB !!!"); Unfortunately, when the tree item is displayed, the exclamation marks appear at the beginning of the string, instead of at the end of the string ("!!! AAA BBB"). What's going on? Thanks. Don Works fine here.. show us the surrounding code. Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://www.railjonrogut.com mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com "Don Gurr" <__dgurr@veriteq.com__>...

Customizing CRM 4.0 print preview form
Here's the most flexible way to customize the Dynamics CRM 4.0 print preview of any entity: http://adrian-alexan.blogspot.com/2009/12/customizing-entities-print-preview-form.html ...

how to print a master sheet together with another sheet
i need to print a master sheet with a result sheet it is in the same workbook but on a different sheet but i need to print them on one sheet ...

flip chart
If you are looking for Flipchart Paper in Canada go to www.lebflipchart.ca This is cheapest and largest company that sells Flipchart paper all across Canada. They are 24 hours/7days a week/365 days a year open. Minimum order is 10 pads. the have different sizes and qualities of paper. If you need more info call toll free 1-877-60-PAPER (72737) Sorry Canada only!! ...

ALT + Enter and Wrap Text
This issue is driving me nuts! I am using Excel 2002, SP2. Typing text in a single cell, I've used carriage returns (ALT + Enter to list items. I then turned off Wrap Text to have each item spread ou across the adjacent column boundaries (the cells in adjacent columns o this row are blank). The text, though, is spread out on one long ro with a symbol indicating where each ALT + Enter was inserted. When I double-click in the cell to edit the text, the Wrap Text i automatically turned back on, messing up the formatting for each lin of text in the cell (each of which should be runnin...

How do I get the same header/footer to print on each page of a wo.
I've made a custom header / footer how do I get it to print on each page of a work book without having to re-create on each page -- Stephen Connolly Group the worksheets by clicking the first worksheet tab, hold down the <Shift> key, and click the last worksheet tab. Now set up the header under File > Page Setup. To ungroup, click any one of the worksheet tabs, or right- click one of them and select "Ungroup". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I've made a custom header / footer how do I get it to print on each page of a >work book ...

Book printing 13x19 with signatures
I want to print a book 9.5x13 on SuperB paper with signatures (4-8 page groupings). How can I do this? I thought I could use the save as PDF but that doesn't work. Tried using PrimoPDF but can't figure out how to get the paper size in. Also, publisher will only allow booklet or single sheet - not book fold. I thought I could send the file to Kinkos to get it printed but they can't do paper larger than tabloid (11x17)!? Unless they use a roll but I wanted to use parchment paper. So then I thought I'd print it myself on my HP DeskJet 1220C, which takes the paper s...

How to display a text field of numbers as text?
I have a table in which data are entered and categorized according to a cost code, e.g., 14.2, 21, 14.2.6.4, etc. I created a combo box (I also tried a text box) so the user can only enter in the correct cost codes. The data type of the cost code is text because a number with multiple decimal points will not work The problem is that when I run a query to gather records, the resulting table does not conatin the text of the cost code but rather a number of which I know not where it comes from. I tried format properties indicating that a character is not needed but that did not work. ...

Print an Email
I have a wierd error when one of my users running office XP standard tries to print an email he gets an error that says "A Runtime Error has Occurred Do you wish to Debug? Line:1343 Error Unspecified error." It only happens on some emails does anyone have any ideas. ...

I can not print multiple copies of a Publisher document.
I have tried and tried to print multiple copies of a Publisher document and each time only one copy prints. Need an updated printer driver? -- Don Vancouver, USA "treeguy" <treeguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EC93517-2402-4C85-A46E-E3A0520D371F@microsoft.com... > I have tried and tried to print multiple copies of a Publisher document and > each time only one copy prints. What version Publisher? Windows? What happens when you set the number of copies in the print driver? What model printer? Have you checked the manufacturer's web site ...

INSERTING ROWS OF TEXT
HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED T O ADD LINES FOR EXAMPLE IF I NEEDED TO 2 MORE ROWS BETWEEN 6 AND 7 Joe, Please don't post in all caps -- it is considered rude and is hard to read. You can add add two rows between rows 6 and 7 by selecting selecting rows 7 and 8 and choosing Row from the Insert menu. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "JOE" <PLAN@SBSGLOBAL.NET> wrote in message news:03a201c38e8d$dff368b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > HOW DO YOU INSERT ROWS OF TEXT BETWEEN ROWS WHEN YOU NEED &g...