filling text frame with text

I have publisher 2000.  I can't seem to get the text to entirely fill the
text box.  There's always a large unfilled space at the bottom.  Margins
under text frame properties are all set to zero.  Whether I  manually fit the
text or use Autofit, there is an unfilled inch or so at the bottom when I
print.  Top and sides are fine.  Any suggestions?
0
Raku (4)

Make your text box smaller.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Raku" <Raku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have publisher 2000.  I can't seem to get the text to entirely fill the
> text box.  There's always a large unfilled space at the bottom.  Margins
> under text frame properties are all set to zero.  Whether I  manually fit
> the
> text or use Autofit, there is an unfilled inch or so at the bottom when I
> print.  Top and sides are fine.  Any suggestions?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
4/23/2007 2:37:40 AM
You can do that???

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Make your text box smaller.
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| Microsoft MVP - Publisher
|
| How to ask a question
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
|

| "Raku" <Raku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >I have publisher 2000.  I can't seem to get the text to entirely fill the
| > text box.  There's always a large unfilled space at the bottom.  Margins
| > under text frame properties are all set to zero.  Whether I  manually
fit
| > the
| > text or use Autofit, there is an unfilled inch or so at the bottom when
| > print.  Top and sides are fine.  Any suggestions?

0
webmaster911 (1600)
4/23/2007 2:54:22 AM
Or make your font larger

>Make your text box smaller.
>
>--
>
>JoAnn Paules
>Microsoft MVP - Publisher
>
>How to ask a question
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>

>"Raku" <Raku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have publisher 2000.  I can't seem to get the text to entirely fill the
>> text box.  There's always a large unfilled space at the bottom.  Margins
>> under text frame properties are all set to zero.  Whether I  manually fit
>> the
>> text or use Autofit, there is an unfilled inch or so at the bottom when I
>> print.  Top and sides are fine.  Any suggestions?

0
unclegrumpy (296)
4/23/2007 3:06:55 AM
Raku wrote:
> I have publisher 2000.  I can't seem to get the text to entirely fill the
> text box.  There's always a large unfilled space at the bottom.  Margins
> under text frame properties are all set to zero.  Whether I  manually fit the
> text or use Autofit, there is an unfilled inch or so at the bottom when I
> print.  Top and sides are fine.  Any suggestions?

Select a corner of the text box and resize it to fit the text!!

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
4/23/2007 3:17:55 AM
Turn on special characters ( � ), it is possible you have an extra return or you
have used shift+return. By turning on the special characters you might be able
to see the cause of the unwanted space.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Raku" <Raku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have publisher 2000.  I can't seem to get the text to entirely fill the
> text box.  There's always a large unfilled space at the bottom.  Margins
> under text frame properties are all set to zero.  Whether I  manually fit the
> text or use Autofit, there is an unfilled inch or so at the bottom when I
> print.  Top and sides are fine.  Any suggestions?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/23/2007 8:05:27 AM
Only if you're special.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> You can do that???
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | Make your text box smaller.
> |
> | --
> |
> | JoAnn Paules
> | Microsoft MVP - Publisher
> |
> | How to ask a question
> | http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> |

> | "Raku" <Raku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | >I have publisher 2000.  I can't seem to get the text to entirely fill
> the
> | > text box.  There's always a large unfilled space at the bottom.
> Margins
> | > under text frame properties are all set to zero.  Whether I  manually
> fit
> | > the
> | > text or use Autofit, there is an unfilled inch or so at the bottom
> when
> | > print.  Top and sides are fine.  Any suggestions?

0
jl_paules (2767)

Shapes/Text
How can i make words in the shape of a heart (for example) I want my words to illustrate a shape. Please help. You really can't, Publisher can add text to a shape, but only as a rectangle. If you have patience I have a method on my web page that shows how to do text in shape of a heart. Takes some work. Scroll way to the bottom of the page. http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ShapeUser" <ShapeUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CABE22F7-82BF-40C9-8125-09E088C090C6@microsoft.com... ...

Filling cells in between pairs of numbers
Hello all, I am trying to find an easy way to fill in cells in between pairs of numbers each of which is exactly the average of the pair's difference averaged by the number of these cells greater than the previous. So I have 1 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 7 8 20 9 10 12 13 14 15 45 I want: 1 1 2 3.333333333 3 5.666666667 4 8 5 11 6 14 7 17 8 20 9 23.57142857 10 27.14285714 11 30.71428571 12 34.28571429 13 37.85714286 14 41.42857143 15 45 I know I can do a Fill, Series, but then even with a macro that does a "control shift up fill series enter",...

Wrapping Text in Excel
I have tried the following techniques to wrap text in excel. I have followed them exactly as shown and in that order. The process works fine in a workbook. When I move to another workbook the Wrap text style is gone from the Style box. How can I make it stay permanently for all workbooks? Adding a Shortcut to Excel for Wrapping Text Step 1: Adding the Style Box to the Formatting Toolbar: 1. Right-click one of the toolbars, and select Customize. 2. Select the Commands tab, and then select Format. 3. Drag the Style icon from the Customize dialog box to the Formatting toolbar, and drop it n...

Case filled out from SharePoint
I need to have a simple form my users fill out to submit a case. This would include the Business Required fields on the CRM Case form. Is there an easy way to do this using SharePoint? In other words, the user would go to the SharePoint site, click a link to "Submit a Support Request". This would open a form (Infopath perhaps?) where they fill in a few simple items, click submit, and a new CRM Case is created. This then would fire any pertinent workflows as if the case had been created from within CRM itself. I'm aware there are 3rd party solutions out there but would...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

Transparent text boxes
I have text boxes which have a fill color yet transparent center and then an image behind the text box. On the screen it shows up perfectly, yet when I print it the image is blocked. Any ideas? Thank You Publisher has issues with transparency. Create a rectangle the size of your text box, apply your transparency, right-click, save as picture, select the .png format, re-insert the saved image into your publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sam@Postnet" <Sam@Postnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C9504A9-C26E-4025-8320-405ADE655DBC@mic...

list of emails into text file

From field filled in
Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am using Office 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have a second mailbox setup in my profile. When I reply to an e-mail sent to the other inbox, the From field is automatically filled in with that name. So for example, if the other inbox is "HelpDesk" and I reply to an e-mail in that inbox, the from field is automatically filled in as "HelpDesk". Hope that makes sense. Thanks!! <twytch111@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175611189.053649.28340@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am...

Have one fill to auto fill aother
My question is simple. I would like to have field 27 = field 25. So when someone enters the data for field 25, the same data auto populated in field 27. Any help is appreciated! Kaylen, In the CotrolSource for Field 27 type... =[field 25] ....assuming of that you are talking about a form in Microsoft Access or did you mean to post this question in the Excel newsgroup? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions....

Full-Text
I am getting an error that says "Specified Module not to be found" when choosing full-text indexing tab in Exchange System Manager. My system is Exchange 2003, and Windows 2003. Picture screenshot is attached. ...

Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?
Hi I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her colleagues. In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to her pallette the colours have also changed. Desktop and all other applications colour are fine. The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair, updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette and this does not work. She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper colours. Again this is only affecting Excel? Any pointers? I wish to thank you in advanc...

Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard
Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than using the mouse (drag and drop). Thanks, Tom. Tom Copy or Cut Select range Select top left corner of range. Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right. Copy:= Ctrl + C Cut:= Ctl + X Paste Ctl + V To Fill Down or Right Ctrl + D or ctrl + r Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a complete List. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving >entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rathe...

Removing text from part of a field
Good morning, I have a table with a field that contains the following: PAGE_03 PAGE_03A PAGE_01 I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field. Thanks, Fred Mid([YourFieldName],7) -- Rick B "fgwiii" <fgwiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C998F7AD-B562-48E7-8F23-4AB58D7E0657@microsoft.com... > Good morning, > > I have a table with a field that contains the following: > PAGE_03 > PAGE_03A > PAGE_01 > > I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field. &...

copying cells with formulas, numbers, & text
I have Excel 2007 and I am having trouble copying from one worksheet to another. I am trying to copy some text, numbers and formulas from one worksheet in a workbook to another worksheet in another workbook and when it copies, the formulas do not come over, they are pasted as numbers instead. When I try to paste as formulas, the option is "grayed-out" and the system only give me the option of pasting as an object or a link. This happened once with me. I finally found out that the reason I was not able to copy formulas was because the sheet was protected and the cell properties was h...

Email to Text
Sending this again think I had an error the first time. Basically I want to convert all my email to a text file. I am using Outlook Express 6. But when I try to convert more than one at a time by clicking on File the Save As function is not highlighted. Is it possible to save more than one at a time to a text file? I want to be able to back up a thousand emails I have for my records. I appreciate any help, Thanks, Kev This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsg...

text box #7
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help. Thank you We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox menu. Are there any macros you are using. Mangesh "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C6C6F42-E6CB-4DEB-BB46-C8F923A343C0@microsoft.com... > I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get > the error message "...

Filling in blank PO
Hi everybody, I have some question to you, when you create blank PO, then go to content and click Add Item you can see tw boxes. In top one there are all items from your database and in bottom one there are Items you are adding. If you reach number of rows visible in bottom window there is scroll bar comming on right hand side, and as you add more items every new ona is going to the very bottm of the list which is in invisible area. To get there and type in Qty you have to scroll down whole list every time when you add next item. I'm using most recent updates for RMS and I checked i...

removing text from a jpeg file
i have a church floor plan in a jpeg file. need to change the room descriptions.what's the best/quickest way to do this and have a working file? Thanks realeast wrote: > i have a church floor plan in a jpeg file. need to change the room > descriptions.what's the best/quickest way to do this and have a > working file? Thanks =================================== When you say "Working File" are you saying it needs to be editable in Publisher? Maybe you could place new text boxes over the current ones. Typing Ctrl+T will toggle a selected text box from transparent to wh...

Consolidating Redundant Text
My issue: I've a worksheet with 17 columns of data. Total is roughly 10,000 rows. Of those 10,000 rows, I am dealing with roughly 1000 different items. That being the case, each item has roughly 10 rows, where the first 15 of 17 pieces of data are identical. For strictly aesthetic purposes, I would like to have the redundant text appear only once. Simple illustration - and I apologize ahead of time - I know the formatting won't look right, but I'm hoping you'll get the idea. BEFORE Joe West Div Sales Dept 1 Joe West Div Sales Dept 2 ...

How do I auto fill long col. filling blanks with last filled cell
On a large worksheet, is there a way to fill the blanks in a column with the last filled cell without using the autofill handle? My worksheet is over 2000 rows and I am hoping to find some way to mass fill the blanks in Excel. Here is a small example of what I am talking about. Thanks for any tips. S1475 201686 506456 S1888 38254 15623 56731 S9564 46321 156323 M, This ought to work... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip040.htm Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "MBBeginner" <MBBeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Using text in an IF statement?
Using Excel 2002 This is what I want to do... A1 = a number or text A2 = a number A3 = A1*A2 If A1 is text, what is the correct IF statement in A3 so I don't get #Value as the answer? Thanks, On Jun 12, 9:44=A0pm, The Hun <thehuni...@hotmail.com> wrote: > A1 =A0=3D =A0a number or text > A2 =A0=3D =A0a number > A3 =A0=3D =A0A1*A2 > If A1 is text, what is the correct IF statement > in A3 so I don't get #Value as the answer? Depends on what result you want when A1 is text. One way: =3Dif(istext(A1), "", A1*A2) Another way: =3Dn(A1)*A2 If you ...

text editor
Hello, I am writing Text editor. How can I transfer data (CString) from dialog to main window? I have used MFC Wizard and CEditView class. Well that's kinda of an open ended question. It all depends on who is opening the dialog. The first thing to do is to have a CString member in your dialog that has the text in it. Write a GetText method in your dialog. Then: CTextDialog Dlg; if (Dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { Text = Dlg.GetText(); } I don't know of too many text editors that need to do this kind of thing. What does the dialog box do? AliR. <petra980@gmail.com> wrote i...

Adding heading text to footers
Hi ! I have a multi-section document in which each section begins with a level-1 header. I need the level-1 heading text for each section to be in the footer. I'm currently doing it the hard way by manually inserting cross-references in the odd-page and even-page footers of each section. The problem with this is that if I make any changes (insert or delete section breaks), my cross-references break or point to the heading text from another section. Is there any way to automate this by creating a variable that could be in all the footers and call the level-1 heading text f...

Remove double quotes from text file
I have a macro that saves a csv file with only one cell with a value. The cell contains commas though so it saves it in the text file with quote around it. Ex: Cell contents: ,value,value,value,,, When the text file is open in notepad: ",value,value,value,,," Is there any way to get rid of the quotes and have it read exactly like it does when open in Excel? Have your macro save it as a .prn file instead of .csv. In the Save As dialog this is called Formatted text (space delimited)(*.prn). The code may look like this: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ &...

fill colors
I cannot view any fill color, no matter if it is in a text box or object. I can see the colors if I perform a print preview. If I email the same object the color does not show either. I have checked to see if the transparency is turned up and it is not. What is wrong? Thanks, Gary Can you send the email to me? Check your printer setup to be sure you have color selected. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joy filters" <joy filters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...