Files Publisher cannot open.

After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the
message"Publisher cannot open this file".

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb162c8&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
0
egroup7 (1)

How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"egroup7" <egroup7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the
> message"Publisher cannot open this file".
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb162c8&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
gsauer (5094)
11/18/2005 6:55:10 PM
I am trying hard to get to someone who can help me.  If you can't, please let
me know of someone else to try.  I have a HUGE computer problem.  I spent 2
days making a Publisher brochure for WOW and saved it very often.  I took the
computer to Kinkos so they could take it right off of there to print them and
it is NO WHERE!  How can I find it?  I tried search, and it won't even find
the 2006 one that has the same name except different date.  I wonder if it
has something to do with the fact that in 'my programs' it doesn't show
Publisher at all.  I have to open a project, then open a blank page to do
something in it.  Then I opened EVERY folder in My Docs and didn't find it.

"egroup7" wrote:

> After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the
> message"Publisher cannot open this file".
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb162c8&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
0
Genevieve (4)
8/17/2007 1:05:03 AM
I cannot figure out how to ask a question on here, so I am replying to the
same topic, but a different problem.  Can anyone help me out there?  (And
help me learnn how to start a new question?)  I am trying hard to get to
someone who can help me.  If you can't, please let me know of someone else to
try.  I have a HUGE computer problem.  I spent 2 days making a Publisher
brochure for WOW and saved it very often.  I took the computer to Kinkos so
they could take it right off of there to print them and it is NO WHERE!  How
can I find it?  I tried search, and it won't even find the 2006 one that has
the same name except different date.  I wonder if it has something to do with
the fact that in 'my programs' it doesn't show Publisher at all.  I have to
open a project, then open a blank page to do something in it.  Then I opened
EVERY folder in My Docs and didn't find it.

0
Genevieve (4)
8/17/2007 1:19:16 AM
Genevieve sent me an email, I was no help.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Genevieve" <Genevieve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I cannot figure out how to ask a question on here, so I am replying to the
> same topic, but a different problem.  Can anyone help me out there?  (And
> help me learnn how to start a new question?)  I am trying hard to get to
> someone who can help me.  If you can't, please let me know of someone else to
> try.  I have a HUGE computer problem.  I spent 2 days making a Publisher
> brochure for WOW and saved it very often.  I took the computer to Kinkos so
> they could take it right off of there to print them and it is NO WHERE!  How
> can I find it?  I tried search, and it won't even find the 2006 one that has
> the same name except different date.  I wonder if it has something to do with
> the fact that in 'my programs' it doesn't show Publisher at all.  I have to
> open a project, then open a blank page to do something in it.  Then I opened
> EVERY folder in My Docs and didn't find it.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/17/2007 9:11:51 AM
I am having this problem in Publisher 2007. I created my file (which is
large). Try to open the file and I get the message that "Publisher cannot
open this file." Help!!!! I have alot of work on this file and would really
love to know if anyone has any solutions.

"egroup7" wrote:

> After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the
> message"Publisher cannot open this file".
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb162c8&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
0
deanna (14)
9/19/2008 12:30:00 AM
Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot
open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Deanna" <Deanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having this problem in Publisher 2007. I created my file (which is
> large). Try to open the file and I get the message that "Publisher cannot
> open this file." Help!!!! I have alot of work on this file and would really
> love to know if anyone has any solutions.
>
> "egroup7" wrote:
>
>> After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the
>> message"Publisher cannot open this file".
>>
>> ----------------
>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb162c8&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
mary.sauer (2018)

I can't open an emailed Excel Spreadsheet
I was emailed an Excel Spreadsheet for me to download and use, but my yahoo email couldn't open it. It directed me to the Microsoft webpage to find out what program it came from. What do I do now???? Is it possible that you do not have excel installed on your computer? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "New to area" <New to area@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:477288BA-4E9E-45A7-B183-A19E96F9A873@microsoft.com... > I was emailed an Excel Spreadsheet for me to download and use, but my yahoo > email couldn't open it. It directed...

saving publisher file to PDF file format #2
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A433B3-6EA5-439E-806D-74C985EA24DC@microsoft.com... > after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and > send > by email to a publishing house If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader), download either of these: http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com ...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Migrating Office X files to Windows SBS 2k3
I have a situation with migrating some older Office X files to a new Windows Small-Biz Server 2003 environment. It seems that the person I am working with did not use the "Append file extensions" option when saving his Office X files on his Mac server (10.2.8). So now I have a situation where I need to move these extension-less files over to the Windows server but they will lose thier file associations. Is there anyway to save this extension "metadata" to convert these files on the Windows side? I have about 20GB of data to migrate and manually opening each file wi...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

Inserting a file from FTP
Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share. >From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on the computer or on the network. The odd thing is that every other computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also most the other computer'...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Publisher collate HP
I've got 2 HP printers and Pub will not print and collate to them using the HP driver. If I use a generic or windoze driver it will. HP says it's a Publisher issue. It prints fine in Pagemaker so HP is right. MS has addressed this issue but wil not solve it. What can I do tot use features of the printer lost in the generic driver? If you buy garbage lemon HP printers, then you have to put up with the drama of no updated drivers, product does not work as described and zero support from the lemon company HP. There are *NO* known printing issues with any version of Publisher, only...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

fractions in Publisher
Help! How can I make fractions straight up and down , rather than slanted? I can do it in word, but won't copy to Publisher. Thanks You can buy this nifty fractions font for six dollars http://www.mathsquad.com/fractionfonts.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "bugalu" <bugalu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0E66699-B766-485B-A63A-87BB554EAF31@microsoft.com... > Help! How can I make fractions straight up and dow...

How to save a PC Excel file into MAC (it says file is read only)?
I am having troubles with an Excel workbook I created on my PC (using Excel 2000). Essentially I can't save it in a Machintosh computer. Thanks for your help ...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

Copy from Word, Paste into Publisher
I have just upgraded from a very old version of Publisher (97!) to Pub. 2007 and have found that when I copy from Word, and paste into the new Publisher, it defaults to "Use Destination Styles" When really I would prefer it default to "Keep text only". This is to say that the text I am pasting over in Publisher is Arial 6.5 Italics, but it pastes to whatever it was in Word - when the old Publisher would paste it in whatever format I have highlighted over the top of. I do a LOT of copying and pasting from Word, and am finding that I have to do this extra click and f...

problems with inserting html to xslt file.
Hi, I have a string/xml value that has to be inserted to a specific <xsl:tempalte> tag, I have a namespace registered so that I can insert new XSL elements. nsmgr = New XmlNamespaceManager(myXslt.NameTable) nsmgr.AddNamespace("xsl", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform") This is the string that has to be inserted to xsl:template tag : <tr> <td><xsl:apply-templates select="bla" /></td> </tr> If I try the element.insertXml method there is an error saying undeclared namespace and poiting to the <xsl:apply> tag. The...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

Storing strings in header file via resource file (.rc file) ?
Hi: My application needs to support multiple languages. I'm now planning to strong strings in multiple string tables in the rc file; where each string table contains one language. My question is: will it be much simpler to store those strings in multiple header files? In this case a string can be used directly without the need to use CString to load each string before using it. Please let me know if I'm missing some advantages using the rc file to store strings. Thanks in Advance. Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<e...

Can i import one excel file to another excel file?
I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I import the two? There must be an easy way to merge the two together without having to retype. Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook. If that's not what you want, can you be more specific? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867" <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new excel file that I want to update with ...

Problem converting Quicken backup file to Money 2004
Hi, When I use the Converting Quickent Files feature, after the conversion is done, it shows the correct balance in the Quicken balance, but on the Money balance column, it's all zero. After conversion, I open the converted Money file, all accounts still show zero balance. What's the correct way to import all Quicken accounts and balance to Money? thp ...

OL 2002 - Attached MSG file - No body property returned
We have a large number of psts with emails bearing problematic MSG attachments. The PST files appear to be from an Exchange environment (Likely 2000). We are using VB6 to access the data via Outlook 2002 (we've tried 2003, but with the same results). Outlook 2002 (sp-2) is not returning any value for the body property of an attached MSG email items. When opening them in Outlook, you can see that there is in fact body text which seems only to be visible when viewed through the UI in OL. Here is something odd: 1. When viewed in Quick View Plus (ver 6 & 8) it appears with only the heade...

The right side of my publisher postcard is not printing
The right side of the postcard I've created in MS Publisher is not printing correctly. The borders or frames are being cut off. This happens also when the printer duplexes and prints the back side of the postcard. I then have 2 postcards with a complete front and an incomplete back and 2 postcards with an incomplete front but complete back. I've change the guides to meet the edge of the post card. Are all your postcards the same? Once you find out the print limitations, this will be the measurement you will use on the right side of your card. When you print both sides of a...

opening .wks files
Had created spreadsheets as .wks files on Windows ME. I'm unable to open these now that I've upgraded to XP and Office XP. I've tried to associate them with Excel but they will not open properly. How can I retreive these? Hi a repost from Ken Wright to convert MS Works files: ----- Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, ..csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/con...

Converting a file Money 2001 --> Money 2005 Help!!
Hi, I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using Money 2001 (standard). I get an error --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the group somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004 trial and converted it to 2004 which worked ok. I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again....

Sending E-mail From Publisher 2003
Can someone out there tell me how to make certain that an e-mail message I send out of Publisher through Outlook will appear centered in the recipients e-mail window? Thanks Send the email via PDF... www.primopdf.com is free. Most folks have the Reader. Sending a email HTML is always iffy. Take a look at Options, Web tab, check the E-mail options box that says "Send entire publication page as a .jpeg image. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nashboro" <Nashboro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1C0BA17-57F8-48D9-A46C-E1174DB8DD03@microsoft.c...

File in Use
I am using Excel 2002 XP - SP2 When I go to open up the workbook 'money' I get the following message pop up: File in Use money.xls is locked for editing by Bill Chatfield there are 3 buttons on the right of the message box read only notify cancel I have no idea why it started doing this a few days ago. I have been using this workbook for years. I check the properties and it is not 'read only' or 'hidden' and once I re-boot it will open fine and then for no apparent reason I get the above message again. The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this ...