Extracting data to make mailing list

My neighbour has a .PUBS name and address doc. The doc is 10 pages long. Each
page of the document is a table with 10 rows and 3 columns.
Each cell is name on top the line followed by 2 or 3 lines of address. She
then just cuts the full sheet Avery into mailing labels.
This has become too difficult to manage, sort, filter, etc.
Anyone have a suggestion how to extract this data so I can make a Publisher
mailing list?
Thanks.
--
Ross

try bringing it into Excel...you'll some "massaging" to do.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Ross" <lostinspace@iamnothere.ca> wrote in message
> My neighbour has a .PUBS name and address doc. The doc is 10 pages long.
> Each
> page of the document is a table with 10 rows and 3 columns.
> Each cell is name on top the line followed by 2 or 3 lines of address. She
> then just cuts the full sheet Avery into mailing labels.
> This has become too difficult to manage, sort, filter, etc.
> Anyone have a suggestion how to extract this data so I can make a
> Publisher
> mailing list?
> Thanks.
> --
> Ross

0
webmaster911 (1600)

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

I am trying to change the text size of the folder list in Outlook
not the preview pane, the actual folder list in the Inbox Window. It's so tiny. "Bayoubelle" <Bayoubelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D431653F-FA94-4AD2-9668-380846EE6CB2@microsoft.com... > not the preview pane, the actual folder list in the Inbox Window. It's so > tiny. Always state your Outlook version. Click View>Arrange By>Current View>Customize Current View>Other Settings. Change the Column Font and Row Font settings to suit. If you're using Outlook 2007, then it's View>Current View>... I...

how can i create and edit pull down list
I need to create a list of e.g, names so that i can select a name to include in a cell, instead of typing them. Thanks -- excel57 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ excel57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17386 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395401 You can use Data Validation to create a dropdown list of names. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html excel57 wrote: > I need to create a list of e.g, nam...

Making a worksheet and a graph that doesn't show zero values
Hi I am trying to build a template worksheet for my research. I get a file of logged data per day. I want to be able to copy the logged data from a .CSV file to a template file. Then separate worksheets will look at the raw data and import data from certain columns into that worksheet. The data is not logged in a regular way, there can be 30 cells between logging intervals or 29 or 31 cells. I can select that every cell in a column of Worksheet 1 looks at a set cell in the "Raw Data" worksheet. This will then give me a column consisting of logged data values with zeroes ...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

Matching call data based on date, time and number called to give c
I have the following two tables on different sheets, both containing other information within them that is irrelevant in my question. SHEET 1 Date - Time - Number Called Duration Cost 01/02/10 09:05:21 01234123456 02:16 0.50 SHEET 2 Date - Time Number Called - Duration Extension 01/02/10 09:07:56 01234123456 02:15 1234 01/02/10 15:30:45 01234123456 01:59 1234 Sheet 2 HAS A LOT MORE RECORDS THAN SHEET 1 AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CALLS TO THE SAME NUM...

No mail receive
Hi, I cant receive any email from my exchange server, but I can send email, why? (platform: Exchange server 2003 entreprise edition and Windows 2003 entreprise edition) *No error message displayed when I click the "Send/Receive" button. Thanks We're going to need some more information, Brian. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brian" <brianhk@prosticks.com> wrote in message news:ua8RBWDsFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I cant receive any email from my exchange server, but I can...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

data migration of cdf tables to crm
hi, i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe tool shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i could get. thank you. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FD56E3-3B28-43D...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

sending data to com port
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? Need sample code, please. Thanks :) See this article on codeproject..it covers up most of the stuff... http://www.codeproject.com/system/serial_com.asp - Parhar "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uVpJFP87DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) > How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? > Need sample code, please. > > Thanks :) > > See the "CSerial" class from Tom...

queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compar
I have a project to complete where the end user wants me to write several queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compare them to data in another using access. He also needs a report written based on the findings of which data meets certain criteria within those queries. I think the report part will be pretty easy, but can someone give me some suggestions on what would be the best way to create the queries in access? Thanks Da Chosen One On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:22:01 -0800, Da Chosen One <Da Chosen One@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You...

Data............Group
if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it possible to give the diferent groups names where they are listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. Not quite sure what you want, but maybe.... View|Custom Views would allow you to hide/show the groups the way you want. Esrei wrote: > > if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it > possible to give the diferent groups names where they are > listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. -- Dave Peterson ...

Fill text boxes with data from another text box
I have a form that has two sections. Section 1 has orginator name, address, city state, zip. Section two has owner name, address, city, state, and zip. If orginator and owner are the same, I want to just hit a button or check mark to copy data from section one to section two. Can this be done, and how would you do it. Thanks for your help- Porkchop. Porkchop, To copy data from one control (and, hence, field, if the form control source is set to the name of a field in the form's underlying record source), put the following in the AfterUpdate event procedure of the checkbox: If ...

data points #3
I have a scatter chart with the following info : sales price, square footage, and subdivision. With the x and y axis being sales price and square footage. There are some entries where i will have several sales in one subdivision and i would like all those points to show up in the same color. How do i get several points to show up in the same color instead of excel assigning each entry a new label? Include all the related points in the same data series, rather than as a different data series for each point. -- David Biddulph "affordablegreen" <affordablegreen@discussion...

Compile data from several workbooks
I have multiple workbooks for different projects. they are all in separate sub folders. Within each wookbook is a worksheet I call Bug. The Bug sheet pulls the data from that workbook which I need in a separate master workbook. I want to pull the data from every Bug worksheet into my master workbook without having to open each file to force it to update. I can do it cell by cell using a direct link but that is a lot of work. I have compiled a list of each workbook including the path. I can use that path and get the data using =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2,3,,,F3) where F3 is the path. ...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Recovering Data from MDBDATA
My Server is now not up... As My Global Catalogue Server just crashed. I tried level best to make another but whole effort just was a waste.... Problem is now I have made another server with New Domain. (New One) . How can I retrive mails from MDBData File of the Previus Server. -- Zeshan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1020038.html www.ontrack.com/powercontrols -- John Oliver, Jr...

How do I associate a contact folder with address list?
I have all these contact lists, some with all my data, some just blank. When I go to email, I go to New, then To, but no addresses to choose from. I get an errror sayings that there is no associated contact folder for my address list. any thoughts George wrote: > I have all these contact lists, some with all my data, some just > blank. When I go to email, I go to New, then To, but no addresses to > choose from. I get an errror sayings that there is no associated > contact folder for my address list. > > any thoughts Right-click on your contacts folder, go to propert...

Global Customer Updating E-mail Address
I am trying to update customer email addresses through HQ but the e-mail address in our Global Customer Properties is greyed out. I have complete administrator rights, full access to all information except the customer's e-mail. Yes I am in maintenance mode, yes I have check field level security. What am I missing? Any suggestions would be helpful. -- Many thanks Jack Master Weird. Running version 2.0.0123, email field is editable, no problem. Logged in as the administrator, in maintenance mode. What version are you running? Are you in a domain? "Jack of All trades, Maste...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

OWA Junk Mail Error
I am receiving the following error for one user when they log into OWA on Exchange 2003: An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. This also grays out most message buttons on the OWA toolbar until she leaves that folder and comes back. She has no junk email filters set anywhere. ...