Export Publisher to be used in Word

I have 2007 Publisher and 2007 Word.  I created a letterhead in
Publisher that I want to use in Word.  How do I save the Publisher
file so I can open it in word, graphics as well as text?

Thanks.

Daryl
0
rosede12 (2)

Not in the way you hope. If you do a Save As, you can save the work as a
graphic and insert that into Word.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Daryl Rose" <rosede12@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 2007 Publisher and 2007 Word.  I created a letterhead in
> Publisher that I want to use in Word.  How do I save the Publisher
> file so I can open it in word, graphics as well as text?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Daryl

0
jl_paules (2767)
2/3/2009 5:00:38 PM
On Feb 3, 11:00=A0am, "JoAnn Paules" <jl_pau...@hotNOSPAMmail.com>
wrote:
> Not in the way you hope. If you do a Save As, you can save the work as a
> graphic and insert that into Word.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>
> "Daryl Rose" <rosed...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have 2007 Publisher and 2007 Word. =A0I created a letterhead in
> > Publisher that I want to use in Word. =A0How do I save the Publisher
> > file so I can open it in word, graphics as well as text?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > Daryl

JoAnn,

I guess what you're telling me is then I can't use this as a doc?  I
was hoping to create a letterhead, and then use that in Word for
future correspondents.

I'm surprised MS wouldn't make an option to allow a person the ability
to save the file as a word template, then be able to open that
template as a new doc.

Thanks for the reply.

Daryl

0
rosede12 (2)
2/3/2009 5:48:28 PM
What JoAnn means is for you to group, right-click your creation, save it as a
picture, there are resolution and format choices. You can insert this into Word.

These articles will help
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

On Feb 3, 11:00 am, "JoAnn Paules" <jl_pau...@hotNOSPAMmail.com>
wrote:
> Not in the way you hope. If you do a Save As, you can save the work as a
> graphic and insert that into Word.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>
> "Daryl Rose" <rosed...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have 2007 Publisher and 2007 Word. I created a letterhead in
> > Publisher that I want to use in Word. How do I save the Publisher
> > file so I can open it in word, graphics as well as text?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > Daryl

JoAnn,

I guess what you're telling me is then I can't use this as a doc?  I
was hoping to create a letterhead, and then use that in Word for
future correspondents.

I'm surprised MS wouldn't make an option to allow a person the ability
to save the file as a word template, then be able to open that
template as a new doc.

Thanks for the reply.

Daryl

0
mary.sauer (2018)
2/3/2009 6:50:04 PM
What about the possibility of printing out your letterhead in Publisher, say
100 at a time, and using these when you want to use Word.

Hope this helps
<-><-><-><->
Big Rick

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What JoAnn means is for you to group, right-click your creation, save it as a
> picture, there are resolution and format choices. You can insert this into Word.
>
> These articles will help
> http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Daryl Rose" <rosede12@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 3, 11:00 am, "JoAnn Paules" <jl_pau...@hotNOSPAMmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Not in the way you hope. If you do a Save As, you can save the work as a
> > graphic and insert that into Word.
> >
> > --
> >
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> >
> > "Daryl Rose" <rosed...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > >I have 2007 Publisher and 2007 Word. I created a letterhead in
> > > Publisher that I want to use in Word. How do I save the Publisher
> > > file so I can open it in word, graphics as well as text?
> >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > > Daryl
>
> JoAnn,
>
> I guess what you're telling me is then I can't use this as a doc?  I
> was hoping to create a letterhead, and then use that in Word for
> future correspondents.
>
> I'm surprised MS wouldn't make an option to allow a person the ability
> to save the file as a word template, then be able to open that
> template as a new doc.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Daryl

0
BigRick (138)

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

e-mail trouble with publisher
Is anyone having trouble e-mailing directly from publisher. I need to e-mail a newsletter as the body of an e-mail not an attachment. It goes to outlook sent folder but none have been delivered. Not even to myself. I have been able to do in past, now won't work at all, i have tried shutting down McAfee even- no luck could the ISP be preventing them from being delivered??? thanks for any advice you can give --Cheryle Which version of Publisher? Which version of Outlook? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Cheryle@JNET" <Cheryle@JNET@discussions.microsoft.com&...

use File Send with Office and Lotus Notes #2
I'm using Office (2000) and Lotus Notes (6.5). On my previous PC I used the same software, and I could send an Excel or Word document by choosing File, Send To, and Mail Recipient (as attachment). After getting the new PC and installing the software, I don't have the option to send a file from within Word or Excel. Internet Explorer is set to use Lotus Notes as my e-mail program, but I don't see a place within Word or Excel to tell them which e-mail program to use. What am I missing? Thank you for your help. -Dan ...

Export / Import Security

Using the same Payee for Credit Card & Bank Account?
I am running Microsoft Money 2005: I have a Current account and a Credit Card account with HSBC. I therefore have a Payee 'HSBC Bank plc', which I enter in the 'Pay To' text box when entering a transaction going from my Current account to my Credit Card account. I also use exactly the same Payee to enter Interest payments in various different accounts. Is it normal to use the same Payee for many different purposes? Is there a standard way of organising this... Would it be usual to split all the Payee's into HSBC Credit Card (for all credit card payments and interest...

Export item ID?

How to use drop-downs in a form to filter records?
Let's say I have Product, Size, and Color. Not all products are in all colors, and not all sizes of the products come in all colors. So I would like to drill down - like the action of the AutoFilter in Excel - in a form using drop-down controls. I can use the Product drop-down to select Widget. Widgets only come in small and large, so the Size drop-down will only give me those choices and not include medium and XL. The large widget only comes in red and blue, so I won't see green and black. Can someone give me the "For Dummies" explanation of how to do this? Is there po...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

calendar in publisher 2000
Hi all. Is it possible to have a yearly calendar in publisher 2000 go from say March 2005 to March 2006 as opposed to it always going from January to December? Also, when doing a monthly calendar, is it possible to show more than one month, or would I need to do two monthly calendars on the same page? The bottom month is always grayed out. I would like to show for example July and August on the same page. Thanks for any help. Eric You can do it, but you will have to manually adjust your pages. Select the calendar you want to use in the wizard. Click dates first, change your rang...

Pictures in publisher #2
when I insert a picture from a file why cant I see the picture in my publisher document If I click on where the picture should be it displays the picture in its folder and the picture prints in the correct position I have put a clean install in of office and it has made no difference Bigsporran <Bigsporran@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > when I insert a picture from a file why cant I see the picture in my > publisher document Searching the newsgroup for "pictures" reveals the following post from me from the 31st: Try View > Pict...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Publisher 2000 cannot save, not enough memory.
After creating a 5 to 30 page project with 2 photos on each page with captions for each photo, when trying to save it will say not enough memory try another drive, but it will end up crashing without saving. This happens in Win 98 and Win XP opening across a network with a server drive with 20gigs free and 25 gigs free on the local drive. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Are you saving to the local drive? Publisher does not do well saving to a network drive. You should save locally and copy over to the network. PUB2000: Cannot Save Publication After You Lose Network Connectio...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Skip used labels in Access 2007
I have asked this question before, but apparently no one had tackled the problem yet. Maybe someone has now. I am trying to do a macro (or module if it is now the case) that skips used mailing labels on a page when printing two or three only. I know in the old Access this was possible, but I have yet to get it to work with 2007. Any ideas? By the way, I am not the best of programmers so keep it simple for me. Thanks. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but this is the query I use in a little application I devised, as the RecordSource of a labels report to pr...

Exporting to Powerpoint

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

How can I create tearoffs in a blank publisher document?
Without using a predesigned template, how can I create tearoffs for a blank publication? Use the template, delete everything, copy what is left and paste to a new publication. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shoes" <Shoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AE8A4A3-B04A-46B5-8385-B0A5B671F3F7@microsoft.com... > Without using a predesigned template, how can I create tearoffs for a blank > publication? ...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Use Scheuled Tasks to fire Event Code
I did a little searching and didn't find much on this one. Can I use Scheduled Tasks to run a snippet of code, which is a private sub, behind a sheet? If so? How is it done? Thanks, Ryan-- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. I've used Scheduled Tasks to open a workbook and run the code in the "ThisWOrkbook" module as Workbook_Open. You may have to self sign the code so that it opens without the "Enable Macros" prompt. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "ryguy7272" w...

Getting Error: Word cannot print. There is no printer installed
NOTE: This automation problem is not happening when used with server 2003. Operating System: Windows Server 2008 64 bit. Printer: Any normal printer We have a windows service that takes document from a local folder and performs automated printing from background to a specified printer. This has been working perfectly in our Windows 2003 environment. We just switched to Windows 2008 environment and we are getting "Word cannot Print. There is no printer installed." I have gone through following articles: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223418 http://www.tek-...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

Publisher 2003 install problem
trying to install publisher 2003 on Win2K machine. Keep getting message that I need service pack 3. I've now installed and re-installed service pack 3 several times, yet I still get the same message. Help! (And it is absurd that after paying $150 for this program I have to troll around a newsgroup rather than paying another $35 to get support for this piece of crap). Your call will be free because it pertains to an installation issue. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "d bECK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1966501c421d0$...