Excel sheet

I want to increase value by 1 of every cell which I entered by using formula.
How can do this?

I want automatic result in excel I am getting problem by this

0
vasanth

You are in a Microsoft Publisher ng.

But if you want to number a column, i.e., line numbers, this may be what you
want

In A1 put 1
In A2 put    =1+a1

Now copy A2 down to whatever you want.

I think this is how it goes in Excel; I'm a Lotus 1-2-3 user and the formuli
are a bit different.

Have a Merry!

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"vasanth" <u40119@uwe> wrote in message news:7d26017dc9997@uwe...
>I want to increase value by 1 of every cell which I entered by using
>formula.
> How can do this?
>
> I want automatic result in excel I am getting problem by this

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/24/2007 5:06:30 AM
=1+A1
or more logically better =A1+1

:-)
Buon Natale dood!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
| You are in a Microsoft Publisher ng.
|
| But if you want to number a column, i.e., line numbers, this may be what
you
| want
|
| In A1 put 1
| In A2 put    =1+a1
|
| Now copy A2 down to whatever you want.
|

| I think this is how it goes in Excel; I'm a Lotus 1-2-3 user and the
formuli
| are a bit different.
|
| Have a Merry!
|

| --
| Don
| Vancouver, USA
|

| "vasanth" <u40119@uwe> wrote in message news:7d26017dc9997@uwe...
| >I want to increase value by 1 of every cell which I entered by using
| >formula.
| > How can do this?
| >
| > I want automatic result in excel I am getting problem by this

0
webmaster911 (1600)
12/24/2007 3:07:14 PM
Mine was somewhat a guess due to being a Lotus 1-2-3 user. If typed A1+1
Lotus would interpreted as text due to the A but if written as 1+A1 Lotus
would interpreted it as a formula because it stated with a number.  Another
way for Lotus would be +A1+1 but can't be filling the file with those extra
keystrokes (the first + sign). <G>

Mille grazie on the good wishes paesano.
The same and Buon Anno!
--
Don (Donato (Gnecchi)) S.
Vancouver, USA

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> =1+A1
> or more logically better =A1+1
>
> :-)
> Buon Natale dood!
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> | You are in a Microsoft Publisher ng.
> |
> | But if you want to number a column, i.e., line numbers, this may be what
> you
> | want
> |
> | In A1 put 1
> | In A2 put    =1+a1
> |
> | Now copy A2 down to whatever you want.
> |

> | I think this is how it goes in Excel; I'm a Lotus 1-2-3 user and the
> formuli
> | are a bit different.
> |
> | Have a Merry!
> |

> | --
> | Don
> | Vancouver, USA
> |

> | "vasanth" <u40119@uwe> wrote in message news:7d26017dc9997@uwe...
> | >I want to increase value by 1 of every cell which I entered by using
> | >formula.
> | > How can do this?
> | >
> | > I want automatic result in excel I am getting problem by this

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/24/2007 8:06:40 PM
If the stories I've heard were true, Excel was the illegit child of 123.
=  in first position means a formula is on it's way. Ma, your error was
lower case a rather than A.

I'm about to crack open a bottle of limoncello AND orangcello (never had the
later before) - I'm fully stocked with Italian liquors this year! - so my
spelling may vary over the remainer of today :-))

..

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| Mine was somewhat a guess due to being a Lotus 1-2-3 user. If typed A1+1
| Lotus would interpreted as text due to the A but if written as 1+A1 Lotus
| would interpreted it as a formula because it stated with a number.
Another
| way for Lotus would be +A1+1 but can't be filling the file with those
extra
| keystrokes (the first + sign). <G>
|
| Mille grazie on the good wishes paesano.
| The same and Buon Anno!
| --
| Don (Donato (Gnecchi)) S.
| Vancouver, USA
|

| "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
| > =1+A1
| > or more logically better =A1+1
| >
| > :-)
| > Buon Natale dood!
| >

| > --
| > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| > Rob Giordano
| > Microsoft MVP Expression
| >

| > "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
| > | You are in a Microsoft Publisher ng.
| > |
| > | But if you want to number a column, i.e., line numbers, this may be
what
| > you
| > | want
| > |
| > | In A1 put 1
| > | In A2 put    =1+a1
| > |
| > | Now copy A2 down to whatever you want.
| > |
| > |
| > | I think this is how it goes in Excel; I'm a Lotus 1-2-3 user and the
| > formuli
| > | are a bit different.
| > |
| > | Have a Merry!
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > | Don
| > | Vancouver, USA
| > |
| > |

| > |
| > |

0
webmaster911 (1600)
12/24/2007 9:35:24 PM
We all will try to keep up with you so we can understand you.

Take care,

don

> If the stories I've heard were true, Excel was the illegit child of 123.
> =  in first position means a formula is on it's way. Ma, your error was
> lower case a rather than A.
>
> I'm about to crack open a bottle of limoncello AND orangcello (never had
> the
> later before) - I'm fully stocked with Italian liquors this year! - so my
> spelling may vary over the remainer of today :-))
>
> .
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> | Mine was somewhat a guess due to being a Lotus 1-2-3 user. If typed A1+1
> | Lotus would interpreted as text due to the A but if written as 1+A1
> Lotus
> | would interpreted it as a formula because it stated with a number.
> Another
> | way for Lotus would be +A1+1 but can't be filling the file with those
> extra
> | keystrokes (the first + sign). <G>
> |
> | Mille grazie on the good wishes paesano.
> | The same and Buon Anno!
> | --
> | Don (Donato (Gnecchi)) S.
> | Vancouver, USA
> |

> | "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
> message
> | > =1+A1
> | > or more logically better =A1+1
> | >
> | > :-)
> | > Buon Natale dood!
> | >

> | > --
> | > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> | > Rob Giordano
> | > Microsoft MVP Expression
> | >

> | > "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> | > |
> what
> | > you
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > formuli
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> using

> | > |
> | > |

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/24/2007 10:58:51 PM
We are well ahead of you. it is already 11: AM, the Temp is 24 degrees
Celsius (75 for those who probably in the middle of a snow storm just
now)
and the Sleigh has long gone by.

Merry Christmas to All.

--
John G.
> We all will try to keep up with you so we can understand you.
>
> Take care,
>
> don
>

> "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
> message news:e0$%23aTnRIHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> If the stories I've heard were true, Excel was the illegit child of
>> 123.
>> =  in first position means a formula is on it's way. Ma, your error
>> was
>> lower case a rather than A.
>>
>> I'm about to crack open a bottle of limoncello AND orangcello (never
>> had the
>> later before) - I'm fully stocked with Italian liquors this year! -
>> so my
>> spelling may vary over the remainer of today :-))
>>
>> .
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>

>> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> | Mine was somewhat a guess due to being a Lotus 1-2-3 user. If typed
>> A1+1
>> | Lotus would interpreted as text due to the A but if written as 1+A1
>> Lotus
>> | would interpreted it as a formula because it stated with a number.
>> Another
>> | way for Lotus would be +A1+1 but can't be filling the file with
>> those
>> extra
>> | keystrokes (the first + sign). <G>
>> |
>> | Mille grazie on the good wishes paesano.
>> | The same and Buon Anno!
>> | --
>> | Don (Donato (Gnecchi)) S.
>> | Vancouver, USA
>> |

>> | "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
>> message

>> | > |
>> may be
>> what
>> | > |
>> | > |
>> | > |
>> | > |
>> and the
>> | > |
>> | > |
>> | > |
>> | > |
>> | > |
>> using

>> | > |
>> | > |

0
Greentest1 (225)
12/25/2007 12:13:16 AM
I didn't get any solution that you have understood my problem well

Actuall my problem is :
I have entered marks in a sheet of many students. Then I want to add 1 marks
to all students at a time as it is difficult to enter 1 by one to all
students. So I want to know the any formula for this problem. The format is :

Students      M1       M2      M3       M4       M5          M6
Jhon            13         16       24       17        15           16
Rajesh         15         17      16        17        23           18
Kumar          16         20      22      26         13            22

IN THIS SHEET I WANT TO ADD 1 MARKS TO ALL STUDENTS IN ALL SUBJECTS.

WHICH IS THE FORMULA I CAN USE? PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

John G wrote:
>We are well ahead of you. it is already 11: AM, the Temp is 24 degrees
>Celsius (75 for those who probably in the middle of a snow storm just
>now)
>and the Sleigh has long gone by.
>
>Merry Christmas to All.
>
>--
>John G.
>> We all will try to keep up with you so we can understand you.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 64 lines]

vasanth
12/26/2007 5:04:59 AM
This may not be the best way to solve your need but it would be the way I
would do it:

Let's say the Students and their names occupy A1 through A4
I would copy the entire range of names and data and paste below a few rows.

Now there is a second showing of the original data but in A7 through G10
Then in Jhon's B8 create the formula    =B2+1
Next copy B8 to B9 through B10; next Copy B8.B10 to C8.G8

Now if the +1 may change to a 2 or other number, lets make the formula
accommodate the need.

For starters Put a 1 in A12 and in the formulas where you placed a 1,
replace it with A12. Now, by replacing the number in A12 it will update all
the scores.

And if you wanted to lower the original scores, put a negative number in
A12.

Standing by incase there is more.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"vasanth via OfficeKB.com" <u40119@uwe> wrote in message
>I didn't get any solution that you have understood my problem well
>
> Actuall my problem is :
> I have entered marks in a sheet of many students. Then I want to add 1
> marks
> to all students at a time as it is difficult to enter 1 by one to all
> students. So I want to know the any formula for this problem. The format
> is :
>
> Students      M1       M2      M3       M4       M5          M6
> Jhon            13         16       24       17        15           16
> Rajesh         15         17      16        17        23           18
> Kumar          16         20      22      26         13            22
>
> IN THIS SHEET I WANT TO ADD 1 MARKS TO ALL STUDENTS IN ALL SUBJECTS.
>
> WHICH IS THE FORMULA I CAN USE? PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
>

> John G wrote:
>>We are well ahead of you. it is already 11: AM, the Temp is 24 degrees
>>Celsius (75 for those who probably in the middle of a snow storm just
>>now)
>>and the Sleigh has long gone by.
>>
>>Merry Christmas to All.
>>
>>--
>>John G.
>>> We all will try to keep up with you so we can understand you.
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 64 lines]

Engineer5094 (821)

Excel automation to access a workbook
I want to utililze Excel Automation to obtain properties from an Excel workbook. Given path of the Excel workbook, how can I get the properties of a workbook without making the Excel application or the workbook visible. Then obviously close the Excel workbook and the Excel Object after I get the properties Any help with this would be appreciated Here is some code I am using. I need help getting it to work. When I run it, I get an error message "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)' Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed" I am in a form in Acc...

Excel should allow chart axes to be set from sheet data.
I often chart account balances where I have x axis of dates and y axis of monetary amounts. It would be helpful if there was a facility to allow the x axis minimum and maximum to be set to some value as calculated from the data itself (or even calculated using a formula). I like to keep a "rolling" picture of the last three months (so, today()-90 to today()) and the next three months (today() to today() + 90) (on two separate charts). I have to manually update the x axis's minimum and maximum each day. you can set up formulas in cells to calculated your desired max/mins a...

Moving selective data from one sheet to anouther
Hi, I would like to move a range of data within a row from one sheet to anouther sheet automatically when the data in a cell within the range that would be moved, is greater than zero. Is there a formula that will do this? One non-array formulas play which "yields" the desired output .. Assume source table is in Sheet1, cols A to D, data from row2 down, where the key col is col D (the " greater than zero " criteria) Use an empty col to the right, say col E Put in E2: =IF(D2="","",IF(D2>0,ROW(),"")) Copy E2 down to say, E100 to cover the ...

How do I show hidden column and row headings in excel?
How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? Excel displays only unhidden rows and columns, and their headings. But if you make the width or height small enough, it might still be possible to see the heading and not the data. However, this becomes more difficult as you move to column AB or row 101. "Mildred" <Mildred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D83F4B-289A-49A6-9057-23365EAFB300@microsoft.com... > How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? ...

SOS! how do I run Excel without running the VBA in AUTO_OPEN?
Hi all, I am asking this for my friend. He has the following urgent problem. He put some VBA code into AUTO_OPEN (AUTO_RUN), basically it execute some other functions, and then automatically saves the closes out the Excel sheet. The problem now is that he wants to open that sheet to edit some stuff, now he's stuck -- whenever he opens the sheet, the sheet always auto- closes, and he had no way of operating it... What can he do? Is there a way to open a sheet without executing that AUTO_OPEN (AUTO_RUN) function? thanks a lot! Hold down the Shift key when ope...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

Large shared excel files
I have an excel file that I use to manage clients. I have 1067 clients. I have 8 people in my department that edit the file. I have another 200 staff that have read only access to the file. Most of the time the file is about 1.3 MB in size. However, on occassion the file gets very slow and swells to about 25 mb. When I go to "tools" "Shared Workspace" it will show everyone who is currently signed on to edit the file. Sometimes however, it shows the same guy on three times. When this happens, the file creates a tmp file in the directory. It seems to me that excel ...

balance sheet
Working on Balance sheet for debits, credits and balances. Need a formula or ideas to maitain a constan runnuing balance in the case that customers pay there bills, and we can show payment and see total transactions accrued for that entire month. Hi Ryan, Not sure about anyone else but it would help me out if you could give a little more detail about the file you currently have and what it is that you want. Maybe even post part of a comma seperated version with a couple lines of example data. Do you want to keep the running balance for all accounts payable and receivable separate...

accessing outlook data using excel macro
Hey all, I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this: I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain "task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example), then update those outlook fields with new data. I was able to do it in an Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro. I get a "User defined type not defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as "Outlook.Namespace" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Linked Excel table
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have weird printing problem that I can' seem to fix! Here's the story ... I am using Windows XP and Offic 2003. I link excel tables into a word document (paste special/as link) There is color font in the excel table. The color always appears on th screen, but disappears when I print it to pdf or printer, *but onl from certain PC's* Hence, the problem! I've compared the settings o Word and Excel between the PC that can print the colored text and th ones that cannot. To no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Philomen -- Message posted f...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

Cut and paste from Excel to Powerpoint
Hi If I'm copying a table from Excel to Powerpoint, I usually use Paste Special, then select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) to give me flexibility to edit later in Powerpoint. However, I find that if my table has more than about 15 columns, the 'pasted' version is truncated. If I select another paste option (eg Bitmap), the whole table is pasted, but this naturally reduces the quality and flexibility of the output. Does anyone know how I can ensure that the whole table is pasted, whilst retaining Enhanced Metafile format? Many thanks, O. --- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

Password Protecting Excel Sheet
Hi, Is it possible to create a password in order to get in to an excel file. When a user clicks on this file, they would be prompted for a password. I know how to password protect things once in the file, but I also want to lock anyone out who does not have a password. Thanks, Chuck Chuck, File/SaveAs In the upper right of the dialog box..... Tools/General Options. John "ChuckW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4101c3db78$a3a1e340$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to create a password in order to get in to > an ex...

Excell: Column Changes
The Excell program changed the Column labels from alpha characters to numbers. This makes it somewhat difficult to use formulas. Any ideas on how to changes back the numbers to alphabet characters ??? Tools|options|General Tab|Uncheck R1C1 reference style Doug wrote: > > The Excell program changed the Column labels from alpha characters to numbers. This makes it somewhat difficult to use formulas. Any ideas on how to changes back the numbers to alphabet characters ??? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Tools -- Options. On the View tab, under Settings, uncheck R1C1 style. Rgds, And...

Linking to Excel from MS Project
I was wondering if there is a way so that I can link the Gant Chart (Picture) made in Project to a sheet in Excel... I know I can copy the image over and paste it into the sheet, but I wanted something that would be able to dynamically change on an update and I dont have to copy and paste all the time. Any help is appreciated. ...

Convert Excel to comma delimited text #3
Thank you! That did the trick. -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266960 ...

How do I combine several sheets into one document in Excel?
As you did not specify otherwise I presume there is something like Shee 1 has rows 1 to 250, sheet 2 has rows 1 to 500, and sheet 3 has rows to 250 etc. To join those you would highlight and Copy the rows in sheet 2, then then in sheet 1 click in cell A251 and Paste, then repeat the proces for sheet three into cell A751 etc. If you wish to match-and-merge data on the same rows from columns i another sheet that could be more difficult -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

running a macro in excel 2000
I have a workbook with a macro which was created in excel 97. However, when I retrieved this workbook in excel 2000,it doesn't display the prompt that we used to have in excel 97 whether we want to disable or enable the macro. Anyway,I want to have Excel 2000 run the macro. When I open the workbook it says that Visual Basic macro module is now edited in the VB editor, not the workbook. When I go to Tools menu, macro command, Project Window, modules and run it, it says that the macro is disabled. How can I enable the macro, so that when Excel opens the workbook, the macro wil...

Showing the percentage of a total in Excel
I would like to add a percentage to a figure but wish to show the amount added rather than the total. For example: $1000.00 + 25% = $250.00 At the moment I can only get the formula to show: $1000.00 + 25% = $1250.00 Any help would be much appreciated! So, how about =A1*.25? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "jakeyboy" <jakeyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9C22D37-5294-4FA2-8153-B2171EE05162@microsoft.com... > I would like to add a percentage to a figure but wish to show the amount > added rather than the total. > >...

Problem with ExportAsFixedFormat with selected sheets
I have the routine below in a number of workbooks. Typically it works without a problem. I have a sheet with sheet names that I select and it exports the sheets to a PDF. For some reason sometimes it only produces a PDF with the first sheet in it instead of all sheetnames that were selected. I have made sure the sheetname array has more than one value and have also made sure (by exiting before the export) that it is selecting the correct sheets in a group. Both of those work fine. I have also made sure that there was not a problem with the SortableDateString fuction. If I manually select th...

Protect Sheet > All sheets
Hi I'm using Excel 97 and get a bit annoyed having to Protect each worksheet individually. Is there a way where I can password protect all sheets in a workbook? Please advise -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Hi Adam only by using code such as: Sub ProtectAll() For each ws in sheets ws.protect("pwd") Next End Sub 'and to unprotect Sub UnprotectAll() For each ws in sheets ws.unprotect("pwd") Next End Sub ---- Please post back if you'ld like assistance using this code. Note - you'll need to change pwd t...

How do i work out percentages using excel?
Could someone please tell me the formular to work out percentages using Excel? For example what 20% of £1.10 was. Hi Fern, Try "=1.10*.2" (remove quotes), and formatting the cell as percentage. You could also substitute the values above with cell references - if you enter the percentage value as a percentage, it will pick it up correctly. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Fern" <Fern@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5FF910D-948E-4239-98D1-325157DB5F15@microsoft.com... > Could someone please tell me the formular to work out percentages ...

Restoring "Sized with Window" option in Excel 2007?
Who knows a trick to restore the "Sized with Window" option in Excel 2007, automatically resizing chart when size of window changes as in Excel 2003? There is no trick. It cannot be done at all. This capability was removed from Excel 2007. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Pim den Hartog" <Pim den Hartog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C41604-3F04-4F16-AA32-E5A2B9884375@microsoft.com... > Who knows a trick to restore the "Sized with Window"...

Excel Workspaces
Hi, Lately I have been getting a popup dialogue box telling me the file may have been saved by another user -what do I want to do -overwrite changes or save a copy. It started while using a workspace to save several files -but I had been using this workspace in the past and never encountered this dialogue. Any ideas on what is going on? ( is it the result of individually saving one of the files while the workspace is open?) Thanks for any help... David S> ...