error message in Microsoft Publisher

Hi, ever run into this? When trying to save a document in
Microsoft Publisher 2000, I get "<nane of file> -
Microsoft Publisher:MSPUB.EXE - Application Error. Click
on OK to terminate the program.  Click on CANCEL to debug
the program."  As a result of this message, I am unable to
save files in Publisher.
0
anonymous (74717)

Sounds like you are running on a network and not saving the file to the
local hard drive.

You have given no information about the version of Windows you are using or
the environment this program is working.

donotknock (1942)
12/3/2003 8:22:54 PM
Thanks for replying. We are running on a network. The
Publisher files are being saved on the network and not the
local hard drive.  The version of Windows is Windows 2000
with Service Pack 3 and Novell Client (forget version).
The version of Publisher is Publisher 2000 SP3. Actually,
it is not me but two other people who are having this
problem.  They both have desktops. One of them I even
replaced with a different desktop and reimaged.  Sometimes
they can save files with no problem.  Other times, when
they try to save the error pops up: "The instruction at
referenced memory at...The memory could not be "read."
Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to
debug the program."  Clicking on OK will terminate the
program.

12/3/2003 8:35:52 PM
Yep, well *ALL* Publisher files have to be located used and saved on the
local hard drive.
Publisher is not designed to run on a network
You will get file corruption and all sorts of issues if you attempt to use
or save the files to a network server.
Copy the files across *AFTER* Publisher has been closed to the network
server.

donotknock (1942)
12/3/2003 8:45:18 PM
Thank you very much.  I will give your suggestion a shot.

0
anonymous (74717)

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

Sharebuilder account import error

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

vista publisher network places
i upgraded to Vista and am having trouble uploading to my website that has been up and running for years using xp and publisher 07. Now I keep getting an error message that "cannot find url or network connections. Vista does not have "network places". can anyone help me Prepare, publish, and maintain your Publisher Web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA100947601033.aspx It is written for Pub 2007, but if you are using IE7 instead of IE6, then the directions for using Vista would apply for Pub 2003. FTP uploading has changed with the introduction of IE7. Pa...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

Free/Busy time publishing in OWA
Hello, is it possible to configure OWA (for Exchange 2003) to publish the same of free/busy time then the Outlook 2003 client? Outlook 2003 is configured to publish 12 months, but if a remote client only uses OWA the free/busy time is only published 2 moths. OWA seems to overwrite the free/busy time span of 12 months with the default of 2 months. As also stated here: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/06/02/146939.aspx Outlook allows you to post a range of FB data, you can post 2 months, the default or 12 months, or whatever, of FB data. If Outlook has posted 9 months of data, and a...

CObject Private method access error

Publisher says there has been a significant change to my system
I recently moved from one state to another. When I accessed MS Word for the 1st time after that, it gave me a message that it had detected significant changes to my system. I was able to insert my Office CD & it fixed the problem. Now I'm getting the same message when I try to access my resume on MS Publisher. The trouble I have is that somehow Publisher isn't on my Office CD. Is there a way to get Publisher, it says it's Publisher 2002, to work correctly? I need to make some changes to my resume so that I can apply for some jobs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. P...

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error