Emailing a Publisher publication in the body of Microsoft Outlook

I have tried all the Microsoft Support areas I can find, but I cannot find
the solution to my problem.
I created a document in Publisher. I have saved it both as a publisher
document and a pdf as well.
I want to include the entire publication (it's just one page) in the body of
my email. Publisher says that I can do it:

" Important   To use the Send E-mail command in Office Publisher 2007, you
must have one of the following programs installed on your computer:

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later)
Windows Mail "

I have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. When I follow instructions (as
indicated in Publisher) when I'm trying to send this document in the body of
my Outlook 2003 email, Outlook now tells me that I have to use Outlook
Express as my default email in order to make this work....
I don't want to use Outlook Express as my default mail. I think I'm missing
something in Outlook 2003 to make this work?????
I would be fine with emailing the PDF form of the document, but it seems I
can only send that as an attachment.
I want the mail recipients to do as little work as possible to see this
attachment..... Otherwise they will just delete it if it's not in the body of
the email.....
Can you offer me any advice on this? I would really appreciate it.
I'm not sure I will know how to get back to this post..... my email address
is reskate@comcast.net if it's possible to write to me directly too?
Thank you in advance for your anticipated aid!!!

0
reskate (2)

The may not see it anyway, lots of people don't allow html mail.
Hve you tried letting it use OE ?
If it works just email the newsletter to yourself, retrieve it with Outlook
then resend it to your people.

--

Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"reskate" <reskate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have tried all the Microsoft Support areas I can find, but I cannot find
| the solution to my problem.
| I created a document in Publisher. I have saved it both as a publisher
| document and a pdf as well.
| I want to include the entire publication (it's just one page) in the body
of
| my email. Publisher says that I can do it:
|
| " Important   To use the Send E-mail command in Office Publisher 2007, you
| must have one of the following programs installed on your computer:
|
| Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
| Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
| Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later)
| Windows Mail "
|
| I have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. When I follow instructions (as
| indicated in Publisher) when I'm trying to send this document in the body
of
| my Outlook 2003 email, Outlook now tells me that I have to use Outlook
| Express as my default email in order to make this work....
| I don't want to use Outlook Express as my default mail. I think I'm
missing
| something in Outlook 2003 to make this work?????
| I would be fine with emailing the PDF form of the document, but it seems I
| can only send that as an attachment.
| I want the mail recipients to do as little work as possible to see this
| attachment..... Otherwise they will just delete it if it's not in the body
of
| the email.....
| Can you offer me any advice on this? I would really appreciate it.
| I'm not sure I will know how to get back to this post..... my email
address
| is reskate@comcast.net if it's possible to write to me directly too?
| Thank you in advance for your anticipated aid!!!

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/28/2007 1:29:02 PM
Is OE and Embedded Object. Can you give me a quick instruction on how to do
this with a publisher document? I can catch on quickly to simple directions!

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

> The may not see it anyway, lots of people don't allow html mail.
> Hve you tried letting it use OE ?
> If it works just email the newsletter to yourself, retrieve it with Outlook
> then resend it to your people.
>

> --
>
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>

> "reskate" <reskate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I have tried all the Microsoft Support areas I can find, but I cannot find
> | the solution to my problem.
> | I created a document in Publisher. I have saved it both as a publisher
> | document and a pdf as well.
> | I want to include the entire publication (it's just one page) in the body
> of
> | my email. Publisher says that I can do it:
> |
> | " Important   To use the Send E-mail command in Office Publisher 2007, you
> | must have one of the following programs installed on your computer:
> |
> | Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
> | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> | Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later)
> | Windows Mail "
> |
> | I have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. When I follow instructions (as
> | indicated in Publisher) when I'm trying to send this document in the body
> of
> | my Outlook 2003 email, Outlook now tells me that I have to use Outlook
> | Express as my default email in order to make this work....
> | I don't want to use Outlook Express as my default mail. I think I'm
> missing
> | something in Outlook 2003 to make this work?????
> | I would be fine with emailing the PDF form of the document, but it seems I
> | can only send that as an attachment.
> | I want the mail recipients to do as little work as possible to see this
> | attachment..... Otherwise they will just delete it if it's not in the body
> of
> | the email.....
> | Can you offer me any advice on this? I would really appreciate it.
> | I'm not sure I will know how to get back to this post..... my email
> address
> | is reskate@comcast.net if it's possible to write to me directly too?
> | Thank you in advance for your anticipated aid!!!

0
reskate (2)
7/28/2007 1:58:01 PM
reskate wrote:
> I have tried all the Microsoft Support areas I can find, but I cannot
> find the solution to my problem.
> I created a document in Publisher. I have saved it both as a publisher
> document and a pdf as well.
> I want to include the entire publication (it's just one page) in the
> body of my email. Publisher says that I can do it:
>
> " Important   To use the Send E-mail command in Office Publisher
> 2007, you must have one of the following programs installed on your
> computer:
>
> Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
> Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later)
> Windows Mail "
>
> I have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. When I follow instructions (as
> indicated in Publisher) when I'm trying to send this document in the
> body of my Outlook 2003 email, Outlook now tells me that I have to
> use Outlook Express as my default email in order to make this work....
> I don't want to use Outlook Express as my default mail. I think I'm
> missing something in Outlook 2003 to make this work?????
> I would be fine with emailing the PDF form of the document, but it
> seems I can only send that as an attachment.
> I want the mail recipients to do as little work as possible to see
> this attachment..... Otherwise they will just delete it if it's not
> in the body of the email.....
> Can you offer me any advice on this? I would really appreciate it.
> I'm not sure I will know how to get back to this post..... my email
> address is reskate@comcast.net if it's possible to write to me
> directly too?
> Thank you in advance for your anticipated aid!!!
==================================

You will find that many of your recipients
will not be able to view a newsletter that is
included in the body of an e-mail message
due to security settings. For this reason...
I would recommend attaching a .pdf file.

Anyway...maybe the following links will offer
some ideas:

Create and send e-mail
publications using Publisher
http://tinyurl.com/29nw3y

Sending a multi-page newsletter
as the body of an email by
JoAnn Paules, MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://tinyurl.com/ype5px

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
7/28/2007 2:09:41 PM
OE is Outlook Express.

OE embeds images so it's much easier to create an html email with OE than it
is with Outlook. With Outlook your images should be stored somewhere online
and your links to them need to be absolute.

--

| Is OE and Embedded Object. Can you give me a quick instruction on how to
do
| this with a publisher document? I can catch on quickly to simple
directions!

| "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
|
| > The may not see it anyway, lots of people don't allow html mail.
| > Hve you tried letting it use OE ?
| > If it works just email the newsletter to yourself, retrieve it with
Outlook
| > then resend it to your people.
| >

| > --
| >
| > Rob Giordano
| > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| >

| > "reskate" <reskate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |I have tried all the Microsoft Support areas I can find, but I cannot
find
| > | the solution to my problem.
| > | I created a document in Publisher. I have saved it both as a publisher
| > | document and a pdf as well.
| > | I want to include the entire publication (it's just one page) in the
body
| > of
| > | my email. Publisher says that I can do it:
| > |
| > | " Important   To use the Send E-mail command in Office Publisher 2007,
you
| > | must have one of the following programs installed on your computer:
| > |
| > | Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
| > | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
| > | Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later)
| > | Windows Mail "
| > |
| > | I have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. When I follow instructions (as
| > | indicated in Publisher) when I'm trying to send this document in the
body
| > of
| > | my Outlook 2003 email, Outlook now tells me that I have to use Outlook
| > | Express as my default email in order to make this work....
| > | I don't want to use Outlook Express as my default mail. I think I'm
| > missing
| > | something in Outlook 2003 to make this work?????
| > | I would be fine with emailing the PDF form of the document, but it
seems I
| > | can only send that as an attachment.
| > | I want the mail recipients to do as little work as possible to see
this
| > | attachment..... Otherwise they will just delete it if it's not in the
body
| > of
| > | the email.....
| > | Can you offer me any advice on this? I would really appreciate it.
| > | I'm not sure I will know how to get back to this post..... my email
| > address
| > | is reskate@comcast.net if it's possible to write to me directly too?
| > | Thank you in advance for your anticipated aid!!!
| > |

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/28/2007 10:22:53 PM
"Rob Giordano \(Crash\)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote:

>With Outlook your images should be stored somewhere online
>and your links to them need to be absolute.

That's news to me.  I often create/send html email using Outlook
(2003), and my images are embedded.
0
unclegrumpy (297)
7/29/2007 2:28:56 AM
Maybe with Publisher it does, but I rarely use it for that.

--

Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message
| "Rob Giordano \(Crash\)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote:
|
| >With Outlook your images should be stored somewhere online
| >and your links to them need to be absolute.
|
| That's news to me.  I often create/send html email using Outlook
| (2003), and my images are embedded.

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

MSCRM sync to Outlook
Hi There, Is there anyway to have MSCRM sync to Public folder rather than Personal folder. Currently it is syncing to personal contact folder, is there anyway to change it to sync to specified address book in outlook. Is there anyway to also change the mapping, so that you can pick and choose what contact fields get synced. Cheers Kyaw Not possible to alter this currently. The synch will be the default folder you choose for Mail profile. The sync mappings are not configurable. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Kyaw" wrote: > Hi There, > ...

Publisher Can Not Open Files from a Dif. Version--Help
I have Publisher 2000 version SP-3 (what a strange version!) I'm trying to open a publisher file that was created in Pub 2000 version 6.0 and it won't let me. It says Can not open file from a dif. version. Is there anything I can do about this. In not, that's crazy. Both versions are from 2000! Any help you can give would be great! Are you running Norton antivirus? "ajb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4B31BC3-CA7C-41EE-8EB4-968BCBA1D370@microsoft.com... > I have Publisher 2000 version SP-3 (what a strange version!) I'm trying ...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Outlook, NT Exchange 4.5, VPN, Domain..... Can't make it all work. PLZ help, will reward.
Really stuck with the Outlook� Situation: NT SBS 4.5 server. 6 machines connected to it on a domain. All suck internet through a LAN broadband router. Server used to be configured on a modem dial-up and emails worked fine. Now with this new ADSL setup (new provider) emails get stuck on despatch. Finding the SMTP server configuration has been a task I didn't manage. Can anyone help? I can only find the SMTP settings for the administrator on the server but that is of no use� I found a setting where all mail is forwarded to an internet based server but no place for a password or login. The...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Outlook hanging when opening, stops responding
Help. Yesterday when I opened Outlook, all of my contacts and calendar items were gone. I imported all my old pst files and everything was there. Outlook appeared to be okay, but then it froze and I had to CTL Alt Delete to end the program through Task Manager. After repeating this process several times, Outlook opened in Safe Mode. Everything seemed fine. Closed Outlook, reopened later, and same problem encountered, but safe mode now doesn't kick in. Tried removing Outlook and reinstalling, but still having problems. Any one have a solution or suggestion on what I should tr...

Connecting to Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2003
I have recently had to rebuild an Exchange 5.5 server due to a raid array crash. I have the server up and operational but I have several users that have the Outlook 2003 client installed than can no longer get into their accounts. It worked prior to the crash. The OS is windows 2000 server with all SP's and Exchange 5.5 with all SP's. The user get the error "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The exchange server is not available." I have verified that the RPC binding in the Client PC and on the Server is set for RPC over TCP/IP. Any help is great! Ron Have you t...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

May I put publisher 2002 on my home computer and my office computer?
I am never in both places at once and no one else uses either computer. Am I allowed to load my one purchased copy on both computers? Bob Did it come with your computer or did you buy it separately? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bob Boudewyns" <Boudewyns@Gmail.com> wrote in message news:eAJOsuziGHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am never in both places at once and no one else uses either computer. Am >I allowed to load my one purchased copy on both computers? > > Bob > I bought it separately, JoAnn. Bob "JoAnn Paules [MVP]&q...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Outlook for a home network?
I have 3 pcs at home connected to my high speed internet cablemodem service. But right now only one pc has the outlook express email program. How can we utilize our email program so we can all vie one instance of oour emails, folders, address book etc? andat the same time and if one person deletes email, then it is deleted from other pcs view. Can this be done with outlook ? Please tell me how. we havw 2 xp pro machines and an xp home Thanks in advance outlook doesn't support such a scenario. possible solutions are here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Pore...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...