Email as message

Hi there,

I need to send out a newsletter for my work that includes hyperlinks.
Emailing as an attachment is not an option I need.  I've tried grouping all
images and pasting into the content of a new email but then the hyperlinks
don't work.  I've also noticed that the graphics come out blurry.

My problem is Publisher won't let me "Send this page as message" because
it's not in my "File" menu.  When I try to add it to the "File" menu (or any
tool bar for that matter) using the Tools/Customize drag and drop of icons it
will drag the icon over to the place I want it but when I release it it just
disappears.  Every other icon can be dropped into place except "Send this
page as message" and "Email preview".  I've had Publisher reinstalled on my
machine twice and Outlook reinstalled once.  It still won't work.  It will
work on a colleague's machine but not on mine - unfortunately, I need to use
it on mine.

Outlook is my default email.

Can anyone help me to make this "Send this page as message" option available
for use?

Thanks in advance,
Ann
0
moily (55)

moily wrote:
> My problem is Publisher won't let me "Send this page as message" because
> it's not in my "File" menu.

Which versions of Publisher and Outlook are you using?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> moily wrote:
> > My problem is Publisher won't let me "Send this page as message" because
> > it's not in my "File" menu.
>
> Which versions of Publisher and Outlook are you using?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
moily (55)
7/13/2006 11:58:01 AM
moily wrote:
> I'm using 2003 for both.  I know that if Outlook isn't 2003 that it won't
> work but that's not the issue... :(

Have you run Detect and Repair in Outlook?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)
7/13/2006 2:50:27 PM
The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send
E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884425/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using 2003 for both.  I know that if Outlook isn't 2003 that it won't
> work but that's not the issue... :(
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> moily wrote:
>> > My problem is Publisher won't let me "Send this page as message" because
>> > it's not in my "File" menu.
>>
>> Which versions of Publisher and Outlook are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://ed.mvps.org

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/13/2006 3:02:28 PM
Yup that was one of the first things we tried before we actually reinstalled
Outlook entirely

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> moily wrote:
> > I'm using 2003 for both.  I know that if Outlook isn't 2003 that it won't
> > work but that's not the issue... :(
>
> Have you run Detect and Repair in Outlook?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
moily (55)
7/13/2006 3:27:02 PM
It is on my colleagues version of 2003...  just not on mine...

I'd found that page originally but their workaround won't suit what I need
to do.  I need to send the page as a message.  The HTM suggestion attaches
the page rather than has the newsletter in the email body itself.  My Outlook
is 2003 and it is set as my default so according to that page it should be
working on my machine...

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send
> E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using 2003 for both.  I know that if Outlook isn't 2003 that it won't
> > work but that's not the issue... :(

> >> Which versions of Publisher and Outlook are you using?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> >> http://ed.mvps.org

0
moily (55)
7/13/2006 3:34:02 PM
Has this always acted this way or has it just started?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> It is on my colleagues version of 2003...  just not on mine...
>
> I'd found that page originally but their workaround won't suit what I need
> to do.  I need to send the page as a message.  The HTM suggestion attaches
> the page rather than has the newsletter in the email body itself.  My
> Outlook
> is 2003 and it is set as my default so according to that page it should be
> working on my machine...
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click
>> Send
>> E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm using 2003 for both.  I know that if Outlook isn't 2003 that it
>> > won't
>> > work but that's not the issue... :(

0
jl_paules (2767)
7/13/2006 3:40:04 PM
I recently inherited the computer when I took over from a previous employee
who never used Publisher.  I guess it could be termed recent? :)

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Has this always acted this way or has it just started?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It is on my colleagues version of 2003...  just not on mine...
> >
> > I'd found that page originally but their workaround won't suit what I need
> > to do.  I need to send the page as a message.  The HTM suggestion attaches
> > the page rather than has the newsletter in the email body itself.  My
> > Outlook
> > is 2003 and it is set as my default so according to that page it should be
> > working on my machine...
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click
> >> Send
> >> E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884425/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
moily (55)
7/13/2006 3:50:01 PM
Did you check to see which email program that computer thinks is the default
program?

(In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Programs)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

>I recently inherited the computer when I took over from a previous employee
> who never used Publisher.  I guess it could be termed recent? :)
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Has this always acted this way or has it just started?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It is on my colleagues version of 2003...  just not on mine...
>> >
>> > I'd found that page originally but their workaround won't suit what I
>> > need
>> > to do.  I need to send the page as a message.  The HTM suggestion
>> > attaches
>> > the page rather than has the newsletter in the email body itself.  My
>> > Outlook
>> > is 2003 and it is set as my default so according to that page it should
>> > be
>> > working on my machine...

0
jl_paules (2767)
7/13/2006 3:58:14 PM
Yup - the IT guys had me check that fairly early on in the process... sadly
no dice...

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you check to see which email program that computer thinks is the default
> program?
>
> (In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Programs)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently inherited the computer when I took over from a previous employee
> > who never used Publisher.  I guess it could be termed recent? :)
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Has this always acted this way or has it just started?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
moily (55)
7/13/2006 4:16:01 PM
That was my best hope.

Do me a favor. Start a new message out as an email and see if the command is
there.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Yup - the IT guys had me check that fairly early on in the process...
> sadly
> no dice...
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did you check to see which email program that computer thinks is the
>> default
>> program?
>>
>> (In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Programs)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently inherited the computer when I took over from a previous
>> >employee
>> > who never used Publisher.  I guess it could be termed recent? :)

0
jl_paules (2767)
7/13/2006 4:28:51 PM
Moily, There is a registry check here:
You cannot send a document as an e-mail message from an Office 2003 program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834008/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yup - the IT guys had me check that fairly early on in the process... sadly
> no dice...
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did you check to see which email program that computer thinks is the default
>> program?
>>
>> (In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Programs)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently inherited the computer when I took over from a previous employee
>> > who never used Publisher.  I guess it could be termed recent? :)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/13/2006 5:48:40 PM
Not sure what you mean?  If you mean start a new publisher file as an email
I've already tried that one.... It's still not there.  Did you mean start a
new message in Outlook?  Where would I find the command there?  The only
commands I can find is attach a message which is not what I want to do...  A
friend of mine (one of your MVP colleagues) asked me to try it in Word and
the icon does work there...

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> That was my best hope.
>
> Do me a favor. Start a new message out as an email and see if the command is
> there.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yup - the IT guys had me check that fairly early on in the process...
> > sadly
> > no dice...
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you check to see which email program that computer thinks is the
> >> default
> >> program?
> >>
> >> (In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Programs)
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
moily (55)
7/14/2006 9:36:01 AM
Hopefully this'll work - I've asked the IT guys to give this a go.  I'll keep
you updated!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Moily, There is a registry check here:
> You cannot send a document as an e-mail message from an Office 2003 program

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yup - the IT guys had me check that fairly early on in the process... sadly
> > no dice...
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you check to see which email program that computer thinks is the default
> >> program?
> >>
> >> (In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Programs)
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
moily (55)
7/14/2006 9:41:02 AM
The bad news was that I tried the registry check and everything was fine.

The good news is that the issue is resolved!  We reinstalled Outlook again,
this time including all internet updates and it magically worked!

Thank you to everyone for all your help!!!!!

"moily" wrote:

> Hopefully this'll work - I've asked the IT guys to give this a go.  I'll keep
> you updated!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Moily, There is a registry check here:
> > You cannot send a document as an e-mail message from an Office 2003 program
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "moily" <moily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yup - the IT guys had me check that fairly early on in the process... sadly
> > > no dice...

0
moily (55)

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

message size limit #2
What is the default message size limit and where do I go to change it. I have a user that is trying to send an 11m file and can not due to the size limitation. I have tried to set the user to be able to send up to 20m but no luck. Thanks ...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

macro error message
I'm writing some code(in excel, visual basic). The following code is attached to the click action of a button. Private Sub cmdNewPayApp_Click() Sheets("Pay App").Visible = True Sheets("Pay App").Select Sheets("Pay App").Copy After:=Sheets(2) Sheets("Pay App (2)").Select Sheets("Pay App (2)").Name = "Pay App 1" Sheets("Pay App").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False Sheets("Pay App 1").Select Range("O11").Select ActiveCell.Formula = "=A...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

complete list of error message for exchange?
Dear all, Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message for exhcnage? thanks sam There really is no one definitive place to do this, we have some articles such as the ones below that list error codes 266361 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes 0 to -1048 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266361 266367 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes -1051 to -999999 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266367 You can also use Error.exe to translate errors. Go to a command prompt and change to your Exchsrvr\bin folder If you are getting say a -1018 error, type error -...

Sent messages display in Outbox
I use Outlook 2000 and Windows XP. When I compose a message and click on Send, the message appears in my Outbox. The messages are transmitted, but they still reside in Outbox. No sent message appears in the Sent folder, though I have selected the option for transmitted messages to be saved in the Sent folder. So the sent messages pile up in the Outbox. If a message cannot be transmitted for some reason, it would also appear in the Outbox, and I would not know that it had not transmitted since even the transmitted messages also appear there. I have tried to move messages to the Sent fol...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...

Outlook will not download messages with attachments
Hi there, Outlook will not let me download email that has attachments bigger than 100kb. Is there a setting to change this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. babalas Version of Outlook? Error message? Type of mail account? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "babalas" <cedross@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:Ylspd.66199$Le1.1279134@news20.bellglobal.com... > Hi there, > Outlook will not let me download email that has...

Hyperlinks blocked within email messages
Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages. I receive the following error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." "System administrator" would be me. This is a standalone computer connected via a Linksys router to a cable modem. There's no domain involved and there are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one of which has the problem. I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate and this has only started happening in the last week...

Purging Junk Email
Hi. The problem is that for the most part, my users don't purge their junk on their own and it just keeps builing up and it is stating to take up way too much space on my exchange server. I need to know if there is a way of automatically purging my users' Junk E-mail Folders every week on the server side (Excahnge) as oppsed to the client side (Outlook). Yes, use Mailbox Manager its a very nice tool to keep your Exchange Mailboxes clean. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Otto H...

Differences between Bulk email, Email, and Bulk Emails inside Contact?
Hi Buddy, I would like to clarify the main differences between these three attributes, are they affecting the marketing list? If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send out a email campaign? Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these attributes? Thanks a million! Below is an excerpt from the CRM help files. I hope this helps. My understanding is that if you select to Allow E-mail and select to Do Not Allow Bulk e-mail that the Contact or Account will receive "regular" e-mail but will not receive e-mail related to ...