I'm using Publisher to document the status of current taskings in the office.
I'm trying to ger Publisher to allow people that pull up the web-page to add
and edit text on the web page so we can keep everything up to date. Right
now, someone has to come to me and tell me the changes, then I change the
info in the Pub doc, then I have to repost the web-page. Is there a way for
people to edit the text on the web-page when they pull it up. I have text
boxes in there now that people can edit, but the text doesn't update when you
close the page and re-open it. Please Help if you can...
--
-Eric
0

Sorry, but as you have discovered, Publisher is not a web or code editor.
You must open the original Publisher publication locally, make your edit,
and republish the new web files to the host server to make changes. With
only a few exceptions, you do not edit the html code directly or manually,
and even then it would be done locally. I would look elsewhere for a
solution for online collaboration.

If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group
and we will try to help you there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign
Please always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of
your site and as much detail as possible.

DavidF

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Publisher to document the status of current taskings in the
> office.
> I'm trying to ger Publisher to allow people that pull up the web-page to
> add
> and edit text on the web page so we can keep everything up to date. Right
> now, someone has to come to me and tell me the changes, then I change the
> info in the Pub doc, then I have to repost the web-page. Is there a way
> for
> people to edit the text on the web-page when they pull it up. I have text
> boxes in there now that people can edit, but the text doesn't update when
> you
> close the page and re-open it. Please Help if you can...
> --
> -Eric

0
Nope8657 (939)

Convert text file to MS_Excel
I have a text file created and wish to create a MS-Excel spreadsheet w/columns the 1st column should be static while the row could have variable data to append. Any ideas/scripts to share will be appreciated. Sample File: Client: PSHBGMCGAPP01 Backup ID: PSHBGMCGAPP01_1101705374 Policy: McGregorServersDailyBackup Policy Type: MS-Windows-NT Sched Label: MonthlyFull Schedule Type: Full Backup Retention Level: 6 months (6) Backup Time: 11/29/2004 00:16:14 Elapsed Time: 000:36:58 Expiration Time: 06/03/2005 01:16:14 Compressed: n...

How can I apply a Frontpage theme to a publisher document
I have tweaked a Frontpage 2003 theme for my website. I am now trying to create a Newsletter in publisher and would like to use the same theme, is this possible? Thanx in advance for any help! Manually, yes. Copy, paste, tweak, tweak, tweak. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "phoebe_cat" <71lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1173353894.120637.226270@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... >I have tweaked a Frontpage 2003 theme for my website. I am now trying > to create a Newsletter in publisher...

Changing Page setting on multple pages
My visio files typically have 30 to 40 pages. I sometimes have to change page size (or other page setting) on all or many of these at once. You would think there was a way to do this without going to each page.???? -- Barry "barry" <barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219A3BDB-7588-4F5C-AB62-7558A92F22A1@microsoft.com... > My visio files typically have 30 to 40 pages. > > I sometimes have to change page size (or other page setting) on all or > many > of these at once. You would think there was a way to do this without > going > ...

Can two or more functions run in one cell? I need to count text survey data..
I have thirteen different surveys with multiple questions. Three of the Q's are the same for each survey. I need to bring the answers from the 3Q's together in one table and then provide one overall graph. PLAN: I created 15 worksheets, one for the graph, one for the overall data summary, and 13 extras (one for each set of exported/imported survey data.) The survey application allows me to extract the results in text form, yet I need numbers for the totals & graphs. On the summary sheet for SUP Table in a cell by row Q1 and column A1 (answer 1) I'd like to count the numbe...

using workflow to create a record
Hello I don't think this is possible but thought I'd ask before giving up. I would like to know if you can write a workflow rule that would create a new record. Basically out of all my contacts I have 232 consultants. I have created a new entity -Consultant Profile and for each of the 232 consultants/contact there should be a profile. I was wondering if there was a way to quickly create a new consultant profile for each of these contacts without having to manually go into each one and select new. I know it's a long shot!! Thanks very much and happy new year Suzi Suzi...

How do I cross out a word in Publisher?
I have copied a Word document into a Publisher document. In the Word document there are some words that are crossed out. I want them to show as crossed out in my Publisher document...but they aren't. How do I cross out words in Publisher? You will need to draw a line and place it over the word. Grouping it with the textbox will keep it in place (as long as you don't change the size of the box). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "NATCH-9" <NATCH-9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Invalid Page Fault MS09.dll
WHen I try to open Excel 2000 I immediately recieve an Illegal operation..with the message of invalid page fault in module MS09.dll at 167:...... I tried running a repair and a reinstall...I cant find anything in Technet or on the internet...any help would be appreciated Maybe some help here http://tinyurl.com/3ugjs -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Scott" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23HvYy0baEHA.2792@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > WHen I try to open Excel 2000 I immediately recieve an Illegal > operation..with the message of invalid pa...

invalid page fault MNYOB99DLL
I have spent hours now trying to solve this. I cannot open the expense category in Money 99 Budget Planner. I get the error message and illegal operation. I couldn't find this in the knowledge data base. It has only started happening. I have used this program for a couple of years. Anybody have an idea? Thanks Have you tried removing Money and reinstalling to a new folder? That's the first thing I'd try for this error. "Tina" <phillipst@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:075a01c345d5$204ddc30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have spent hours now trying to solve th...

Converting text to dates
Hi I have inherited an Access 97 database which has the dates in text format eg '20040425'. Changing the data type in design view deletes all the records. Anyone know how I can convert these dates from text to date without data loss. Thanks GLS You can add a new field (of Date type) to your table and then do an Update query to fill it with the date value from your text field. Here is the SQL for an Update query using the DateValue() function to convert the text to a true date: UPDATE [MyTable] SET [MyTable].NewDateField = DateValue(Left([TextField],4) & "/" &...

using offset with charting
how can I use the offset function to select the starting row and ending row of a range I wish to chart. I have 100 rows but I wish to select any 10 consecutive rows to chart, by, say, typing 7 into cell A1, so that the chart displays rows 7 to 16. thanks Hi Bob, From a very recent post on the same subject. Jon Peltier has a collection of examples, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html As does Tushar Mehta, http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Cheers Andy bob farey wrote: > how can I use the offset function to select the starting &g...

Which type of chart would you suggest to use?
Hi all, I have a group of users with cost utilization data for each year from 2001 to 2003 and also network data side by side. I'd like to use Excel chart to display the trends. The following is my sample data, Can anyone give me some idea what type of chart I should use? or if you have any sample chart that I can look at? Thanks for all your help in advance!!! Jenny UserID 2001 2001Net 2002 2002Net 2003 2003Net A 14.09 13 15.64 14.5 16.85 15.4 B 6.56 13 9.78 14.5 9.92 15.4 C 5 13 7 14.5 8 15.4 D 3.25 13 3.04 14.5 3.15 15.4 E 8.9 13 4.8 14.5 7.8 15.4 F 6.26 13 6.07 14.5 6.38 15.4 G 1...

Copy and Paste a formula as Values in a fixed Range as a loop statement using VBA
I have 3 work sheets i.e. a "Summary" sheet, a "Phase1" and a "Phase2" sheet The Phase1 and Phase2 sheets are a result of certain parameters that are entered separately for each of the Phases that produces the results in them. All the 3 sheets have fixed ranges and they are A2:AC151, the dates are within the range C3:AC150 for each Phase. All the 3 sheets have the same structure something like this A B C D E SAP NO CostCenter Dec-03 Jan-04 Feb-04 422100 DTF-Office 60,000 186,000 174,000 422140 DTF-Office 40,000 124,000 116,000...

Current Year to display in text
Is there a way to get the current year to display in a title if there is other text with it? For example: I have a sheet with the following text in it: 2011 Benefit Time I'm looking for a way have just the year update itself at the change of the new year so when someone opens a blank form in 2012, it will read 2012 Benefit Time Again, the title is all in once cell with it centered. I would rather not place the date in the cell by itself. Is there a way to insert just a date prior to text inside a cell? Or Is there an insert date option like in MS word? Hi Gadgetman, Am Thu, 23 ...

VBA Format for a Range Name Used in the Sum Function
I am trying to run some VBA code that I would use Range names rather than a specific range, ie Data!M3:M223. MsgBox Evaluate("SUM( Data!M3:M223 )") will work, but when I change it to include the Range name representing Data!M3:M223, it does not. Can anyone help to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance. Dim mTimeCriteria As String Dim mPosition As String Dim mFormula As String Dim mQuestion1Range As Range mTimeCriteria = "First day of employment (Time 1)" mPosition = "Registered Nurse" mPositionRange = Worksheets("...

error 404 'You are not authorized to view this page
Urgent help needed. A client with an old Windows 2000 server and Exchange 5.5 HD was full, so I added a 100GB IDE drive and moved the exchange private and public stores to the new Drive. All looked OK, but today I found out that users who use OWA can not access the exchange. I was told that they were never able to access the Exchange with OWA internally, but users out of the office had no problems. Users who are connecting to the exchange with Outlook are getting and sending emails and the exchange works fine. (It used to crash Daily). The only issue is OWA from remote users. The error message...

Using VLOOKUP wrong?
Hey all, I've got 2 columns "A" has names & "B" has percentages. I've been able to use the VLOOKUP function w/in the same workbook as the data with success, however when I try to make a new workbook using VLOOKUP I can't get the formula to work. Here's what I thought the formula should look like: =VLOOKUP([Number.xls]Sheet1!$A$2:$A$500="JACK",Number.xls!Test, 2,FALSE) Can someone please point out my idiocy & get me set on the right track? Thanks a ton :) Destrachan;612393 Wrote: > Hey all, I've got 2 columns &qu...

Setup Outlook Rule to use Import --will not work when sending email from Adobe
Hello, Can anyone please help me figure out why an Import box will not automatically pop up whenever we 'cc' our document management program straight from Adobe? We have set up a Rule in Outlook to automatically open the Import so we can index our document into the right category by using the cc. However.... Some of the user's computers will not work with Adobe in having this box automatically open like it does if they were sending from Outlook. I have tried in vain to find where the changed setting is but to no avail. Why will Adobe not work with Outlook (or vice versa) in...

Writing Localized Strings In Cells Using Automation
Hola People, I have written a VB6 application that populates cells in an excel document with text. The user of the VB6 application selects which language the text should be in. I have created a satellite DLL for each language. Initially, when I would run the VB6 application, the text was always in english, regardless of the language selected. Then I started using the Win32 function "WideCharToMultiByte" to use a different codepage. Now the text is always written in traditional chinese, regardless of which language / Codepage the user selects. I would like to know if anyone has an...

How to use COUNT using multiple ranges
I need the count of information based on criteria from differen columns. Example of columns: A B C D 0_F JJ 1 II 0_F JD 2 III 0_R JR 1 II 0_F JC 2 II Blank JP 1 III 0_F JK 1 III What is the count IF (Col A)=0_F and IF (Col D)=II I don't know how to combine the information to come up with the resul of 2 Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On 5/9/04 7:38 AM, in article LIZZIE.15zlef@excelforum-nos...

Using VBA to load the CC line on an Outlook email
Can someone please help me in loading the CC line in an email from VBA in Access? I have the following for the "To" line that works fine. Is there an equivalent statement to load the CC? Dim olRecipient As Recipient strEmailRecipient = "someone@someplace.com" Set olRecipient = olMessage.Recipients.Add(strEmailRecipient) Thanks in advance -- Glenn Set olRecipient = olMessage.Recipients.Add(strEmailRecipient) olRecipient.Type = olCC ' or olTo or olBCC -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Out...

Problem Publishing to Server
I'm using FP2000 and am having problems publishing changes made on my computer When choosing the "Publish" command, I enter in the website address and then get the dialog box "Name and Password required". I enter the user name and password for my hosted site and this is not accepted. Error message reads "This operation requires author permission for www.(website name).80" Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? I have an urgent upload which needs to be made. Thanks in advance for your help!!! I would recommend checking with your web ho...

How do I add background sounds to Publisher Document
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add sound to my Documnets. I send documents as e-mails and wnat to be able to add sound when the e-mail is opened. Mary wrote: > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add sound to my Documnets. I > send documents as e-mails and wnat to be able to add sound when the > e-mail is opened. ================================= FWIW...the security settings of many of your recipients will prevent your content from being viewed in the e-mail message. If you are using Outlook Express...try the following steps: On the 'New Message' e-mail scree...

Editing dynamic worksheet exported from CRM to Excel 2003 *Correct
Hi, I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, and I often need to change the criteria used to pull the data. The workbook has the option to enable macros, but when I go to Tools>Macro>Macros, there are no macros listed. How can I edit the criteria for the existing dynamic worksheets without having to create a new dynamic worksheet each time there is a change? Thanks so much for any help. Kate;620589 Wrote: > Hi, > > I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, > and I > often need to cha...

wrapping text around graphics
My text won't wrap around a graphic even though the graphic is set to "square" and not "through". How can I fix that? TBattheoffice <TBattheoffice@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > My text won't wrap around a graphic even though the graphic is set to > "square" and not "through". How can I fix that? Is the graphic in front of the text? (Right-click > Order > Bring to Front) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Bring the graphic to the front, arrange, order. You can also check the wrap ...

Somebody sell Office 2007 on web bid
I have found someone are selling Office 2007 on Yahoo, who just sell the key number and say will give the buyer a link on Microsoft to download the whole software. Is it true or false? Is it a legal software? false, if its to good to be true it aint true "hi" <hi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B3A46-A46E-4A7A-A6B4-39C6610EF1A7@microsoft.com... >I have found someone are selling Office 2007 on Yahoo, who just sell the >key > number and say will give the buyer a link on Microsoft to download the > whole > software. Is it true o...