I'm using Publisher to document the status of current taskings in the office.
I'm trying to ger Publisher to allow people that pull up the web-page to add
and edit text on the web page so we can keep everything up to date. Right
now, someone has to come to me and tell me the changes, then I change the
info in the Pub doc, then I have to repost the web-page. Is there a way for
people to edit the text on the web-page when they pull it up. I have text
boxes in there now that people can edit, but the text doesn't update when you
close the page and re-open it. Please Help if you can...
--
-Eric
0

Sorry, but as you have discovered, Publisher is not a web or code editor.
You must open the original Publisher publication locally, make your edit,
and republish the new web files to the host server to make changes. With
only a few exceptions, you do not edit the html code directly or manually,
and even then it would be done locally. I would look elsewhere for a
solution for online collaboration.

If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group
and we will try to help you there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign
Please always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of
your site and as much detail as possible.

DavidF

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Publisher to document the status of current taskings in the
> office.
> I'm trying to ger Publisher to allow people that pull up the web-page to
> add
> and edit text on the web page so we can keep everything up to date. Right
> now, someone has to come to me and tell me the changes, then I change the
> info in the Pub doc, then I have to repost the web-page. Is there a way
> for
> people to edit the text on the web-page when they pull it up. I have text
> boxes in there now that people can edit, but the text doesn't update when
> you
> close the page and re-open it. Please Help if you can...
> --
> -Eric

0
Nope8657 (939)

Useful link
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?17000000037182 ...

How do I stop lines of text breaking where I don't want them to?
>> Mr Devlin asked Sen-Sgt Hurley if he was aware that (police procedural) >> rules >> clearly prohibit officers (involved in any incident to be investigated) >> from talking >> among themselves because it may contaminate evidence. How do I make the lines wrap correctly? If you click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and it reveals a ¶ after the words "rules" and "talking", See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm -- Hope this helps. ...

best way to access shared xl file on web
I am trying to find the best way to update a spreadsheet on the web. I would like to use the shared workbook feature and save it in a protected folder. Would i have to save the file as htm? And is there an easier way to access the file then typing the full http access through the file open menu? Thanks ...

I have published a worksheet to the web and it works good but one problem please help
Hello I published a worksheet to the web. The address is http://www.inforamp.com/~kidd/html/pmcshop1.htm The problem is I want to get rid of the scroll bars and the top men bar so ONLY the worksheet is present. Can someone tell me what I did wrong You help is greatly appricated Pau -- kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kidd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1579 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27378 ...

Text Wrap in OL 2002
Hi can I control the text wrap in OL 2002 WIN XP? I use Word as the email editor and use html format. Tx a lot. S ...

Outputting ASP.NET tags using XSLT
Hi, Oleg's answer about attribute value templates led me to look back at a different problem, and wonder if someone else had solved it. I want to output an ASP.NET page. Thus I need to output ASP.NET tags and HTML tags. <%@ Page Language= etc... and <HTML> etc. OK, so I use html output and can't get the directive output. <% gives an error and &lt;% outputs exactly that which Visual Studio (at least) fails to regonize. So I use text output, and can get the page directive output correctly using &lt;%. However, I have to escape everysingle < in the file, or th...

How do I alternate headers on facing pages?
This may have been answered before on this group, but a search of existing posts doesn't yield anything. I've been setting up a book to publish, a catalog really, based up the contents of a database. Publisher 2003 makes easy work of this, but I need to be able to add the author's name as a header for the odd numbered pages, and the the chapter title for the even numbered pages, and so far several purchases of books, and trips to the library has yielded nothing. Is publisher 2003 capable of doing this? This is so basic to book publishing that I'd be surprised if it doesn...

Text Only for Macros in Excel 2007?
Hello, I'm using the Office 2007 Beta and haven't been able to rename macros I've created and added to the ribbon. Even though I type the name I want, it only shows the symbol until you mouse over it, then it shows up with the correct name as a tool tip. I can't find the option to have it display "text only" instead of symbols. Does anyone know where this is? Thanks Jim ...

editting auto recovery

Using VBA to change Excel layouts
Our company has designed 4 different spreadsheet designs. The same data gets stored in any of the 4 spreadsheet layouts....the only difference is that some spreadsheets use different colors, have different fonts and cell sizes and etc... I thought it would be nice to create just ONE spreadsheet that contains a combo-box or list-box or drop-down box which allows the user to select 1 of the 4 layout choices, then I want VBA to programattically setup the spreadsheet layout according to the users choice. Does that make sense? Does anybody know any good ways to implement something lik...

Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application
I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular entries to my Goggle calendar? OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle >calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular >entries to my Goggle calendar? It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and figuring out how to execu...

Offset works for numbers, not for text
I have several cells containing calls to offset of the form: =OFFSET(Col1,Index,0) =OFFSET(Col2,Index,0) =OFFSET(Col3,Index,0) All but one of the columns have numeric data. They all work fine. One column has text data. The source cell is formatted as "text" as is the destination (where the formula above is). Instead of showing the text data, it shows the formula. I've ftried formatting the destination cell as Text, General, & Number. They all show the formula. Help! Just re-formatting is not enough. Re-format AND re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Ni...

need HELP IN XML USING VB.NET
hi all i have a doubt! i want to compare two files,one is a xml file which has some certain rules,and the otherone is a "c" file. i want to check each and every line of the "c" file which should satisfy the rules written in xml file,if any error occurs,it should display an error message in a new window (Or msgbox) i want to do it with visual basic.net. is any ONE OF U KNOW HOW TO DO THIS? IF SO PLEASE SEND ME THE CODE TO svprajesh@yahoo.com thank you, rajesh. ...

how can I open *.php documents in Publisher or Works 8?
I now have a PC running WP Home edition, with Office 2003 Small Business edition. Works 8 was pre-installed on the PC. How can I open *.php documnents?? Publisher can save in this format but won't open the old documents in this format. You can't. The format .php is for Home Publishing, not Publisher. And I don't know what renegade version of Publisher you have but my copy of Publisher 2003 does not have the ability to save as a .php . -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve Narbrough" <Steve Narbrough@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

BOM & Edit List

can I display the file name of the imported text file in another c
When I refresh data and select a file I would like that file name displayed in another cell because within the file name is a date & time stamp relating to the contents. For example if the imported filename is count_200505110035.csv then I want a cell in the worksheet to display count_200505110035.csv. Any ideas welcomed please? ...

Text Wrap #2
Is there anywhere in Publisher that i can customise my preferences? I would like to change the default settings for inserting an image to no text wrap. This is a time consuming process everytime i insert an image (right click, format object, layout tab, wrapping style "none", ok), would be so much for efficient for me if i could change the default settings so that the image came in like this when inserted (currently the default wrapping style is "square"). Any ideas? ...

Using Word & Excel v.X to tabulate race results for community festival
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for each contestant.) Some contestants may drop out of a...

Customization of CRM Activities List Page...
Hi, I want to display the creation date time column on Activities List page in MS CRM. I didnot find any customization available for Sub links like Activities, Notes........... Also if some one can tell how to change the Status of an Activity. Regards, BizWorld activity views are not customizable in this release. Same story with activities in general. Expect this to change in a later release of crm -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "BizWorld" <moonis.tahir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1114122380.225434.54140@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

using & in IF statements??
I am trying to compare stats from games and am looking for correlation in the data. e.g. =IF(D1>D2 & E1>E2,1,IF(D1>D2 & E1=E2,0,-1)) Can I d & here?? The D column is the score of the game and E-L are al specific stats. How do I best run formulas so I can see out of say 10 games the results would be something like D1>D2 & E1>E2= 40 D2>D1 & E2>E1= 30 D1>D2 & E1<=E2 = 10 D2>D1 & E2<=E1 = 20 then I would like to add more colums into the formula, say E> and H and D> etc. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...