e-mail #3

I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
(11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any
way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express?
Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned
are appreciated.

Papasan
0
Papasan (3)

PDF attachment?
2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Papasan" <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
> (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any
> way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express?
> Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned
> are appreciated.
>
> Papasan

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/28/2007 1:46:19 PM
I don't want to send as a PDF attachment. Most I would send it to don't have
a PDF reader or would not know how to use it. I want it in the email, so when
they receive it, it is there and they can read it witout having to download
or link to another program; if possible.

Papasan

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> PDF attachment?
> 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Papasan" <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
> > (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any
> > way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express?
> > Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned
> > are appreciated.
> >
> > Papasan

0
Papasan (3)
4/28/2007 2:06:00 PM
If you think folks don't have the reader, even less folks will have HTML email
enabled.

Create and send e-mail publications using Publisher
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/publisher/HA010743381033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I don't want to send as a PDF attachment. Most I would send it to don't have
> a PDF reader or would not know how to use it. I want it in the email, so when
> they receive it, it is there and they can read it witout having to download
> or link to another program; if possible.
>
> Papasan
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> PDF attachment?
>> 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Papasan" <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
>> > (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any
>> > way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook
>> > Express?
>> > Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those
>> > mentioned
>> > are appreciated.
>> >
>> > Papasan

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/28/2007 4:17:41 PM
Papasan,

I'm willing to wager than 99 percent of people who use a computer on
more than a once a year basis have Acrobat Reader installed. They do
not have to "know how to use it." A pdf file will open in Acrobat - the
most you would have to explain, and this would be only to real 'newbies'
would be an instruction to double-click on the file.

Mike

Papasan wrote:

> I don't want to send as a PDF attachment. Most I would send it to don't have
> a PDF reader or would not know how to use it. I want it in the email, so when
> they receive it, it is there and they can read it witout having to download
> or link to another program; if possible.
>
> Papasan
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>

>>PDF attachment?
>>2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>>
>>--
>>Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>http://office.microsoft.com/
>>http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>>"Papasan" <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
>>>(11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any
>>>way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express?
>>>Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned
>>>are appreciated.
>>>
>>>Papasan

0
wordwiz (948)
4/28/2007 6:31:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. Mike: you would loose your bet with the people I am
trying to do this for. However, I know most of the people we would be
emailing the newsletter to, do not have a PDF Reader program and have a hard
enough time using Outlook Express or other email programs. They are Senior
citizens that are not very well versed about using a computer. When asked if
they have Adobe reader, they ask: "What is that?, Why can't you just email it
to me?"  I have met with many of them at times and explained how to retrive
files and send their emails. Some just can't grasp and remember or lack the
experience for the simplest of things when it regards using a computer.

Therefore, I want them to be able to open the email and read the newsletter
without having to bother with other chores. I work with a couple others who
agree and want to be able send it as a plain email...IF PPOSSIBLE. I have
tried several ways and seems that being the Publisher file is 11"X17", two
pages and there are many columns, it gets all split up when tryhing to send
via email.

I can drag and re-arrange things in Outlook Express, but it gets time
consumig and defeats the porpose for what we are trying to accomplish.

Thanks to everyone.
Papasan
**************
"Mike Koewler" wrote:

> Papasan,
>
> I'm willing to wager than 99 percent of people who use a computer on
> more than a once a year basis have Acrobat Reader installed. They do
> not have to "know how to use it." A pdf file will open in Acrobat - the
> most you would have to explain, and this would be only to real 'newbies'
> would be an instruction to double-click on the file.
>
> Mike
>
> Papasan wrote:
>
> > I don't want to send as a PDF attachment. Most I would send it to don't have
> > a PDF reader or would not know how to use it. I want it in the email, so when
> > they receive it, it is there and they can read it witout having to download
> > or link to another program; if possible.
> >
> > Papasan
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >

> >>PDF attachment?
> >>2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
> >>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
> >>
> >>--
> >>Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >>http://office.microsoft.com/
> >>http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >>"Papasan" <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Papasan (3)
4/28/2007 7:34:01 PM
I don't know what senior citizens you are dealing with, but the ones I deal with
are very aware of their computer capabilities. Maybe one or two of your folks
may have problems with the Reader, but I bet the majority know exactly what to
do with a PDF file.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for the replies. Mike: you would loose your bet with the people I am
> trying to do this for. However, I know most of the people we would be
> emailing the newsletter to, do not have a PDF Reader program and have a hard
> enough time using Outlook Express or other email programs. They are Senior
> citizens that are not very well versed about using a computer. When asked if
> they have Adobe reader, they ask: "What is that?, Why can't you just email it
> to me?"  I have met with many of them at times and explained how to retrive
> files and send their emails. Some just can't grasp and remember or lack the
> experience for the simplest of things when it regards using a computer.
>
> Therefore, I want them to be able to open the email and read the newsletter
> without having to bother with other chores. I work with a couple others who
> agree and want to be able send it as a plain email...IF PPOSSIBLE. I have
> tried several ways and seems that being the Publisher file is 11"X17", two
> pages and there are many columns, it gets all split up when tryhing to send
> via email.
>
> I can drag and re-arrange things in Outlook Express, but it gets time
> consumig and defeats the porpose for what we are trying to accomplish.
>
> Thanks to everyone.
> Papasan
> **************
> "Mike Koewler" wrote:
>
>> Papasan,
>>
>> I'm willing to wager than 99 percent of people who use a computer on
>> more than a once a year basis have Acrobat Reader installed. They do
>> not have to "know how to use it." A pdf file will open in Acrobat - the
>> most you would have to explain, and this would be only to real 'newbies'
>> would be an instruction to double-click on the file.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> Papasan wrote:
>>
>> > I don't want to send as a PDF attachment. Most I would send it to don't
>> > have
>> > a PDF reader or would not know how to use it. I want it in the email, so
>> > when
>> > they receive it, it is there and they can read it witout having to download
>> > or link to another program; if possible.
>> >
>> > Papasan

0
mary-sauer (6480)

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I don't know what senior citizens you are dealing with, but the ones I
>>deal with are very aware of their computer capabilities. Maybe one or two
>>of your folks may have problems with the Reader, but I bet the majority
>>know exactly what to do with a PDF file.

I would guess that only about 10% of your students wouldn't really
understand and more than likely they really want to learn. Depends on the
patience, ability, and understanding of  the teaching methods. I am still on
a learning curve (self taught) and I am 73yrs, perhaps not quite as old as
your students:-). Give some credence to your students, they can't all be
stupid, or are they, in your neck of the woods?

MoMo

0
MoMo (59)
4/28/2007 9:43:12 PM
Papasan,

I know many, many senior citizens, some 100 years old. They know how to
use a computer. There's nothing mystic about it. Reader is installed on
computers when they arrive from the electronics store. Unless the person
has installed Linux, it's there for them to use. If they are as
uneducated as you suggest (which I find hard to believe) you can always
put instructions in the e-mail. Double click on the attachment to open
it. If that is too complicated for them, put a hyperlink to the pdf in
your e-mail and tell them to click on the link. If they cannot do that,
they won't be able to open their e-mail program so you won't have to worry.

Mike

Papasan wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. Mike: you would loose your bet with the people I am
> trying to do this for. However, I know most of the people we would be
> emailing the newsletter to, do not have a PDF Reader program and have a hard
> enough time using Outlook Express or other email programs. They are Senior
> citizens that are not very well versed about using a computer. When asked if
> they have Adobe reader, they ask: "What is that?, Why can't you just email it
> to me?"  I have met with many of them at times and explained how to retrive
> files and send their emails. Some just can't grasp and remember or lack the
> experience for the simplest of things when it regards using a computer.
>
> Therefore, I want them to be able to open the email and read the newsletter
> without having to bother with other chores. I work with a couple others who
> agree and want to be able send it as a plain email...IF PPOSSIBLE. I have
> tried several ways and seems that being the Publisher file is 11"X17", two
> pages and there are many columns, it gets all split up when tryhing to send
> via email.
>
> I can drag and re-arrange things in Outlook Express, but it gets time
> consumig and defeats the porpose for what we are trying to accomplish.
>
> Thanks to everyone.
> Papasan
> **************
> "Mike Koewler" wrote:
>

>>Papasan,
>>
>>I'm willing to wager than 99 percent of people who use a computer on
>>more than a once a year basis have Acrobat Reader installed. They do
>>not have to "know how to use it." A pdf file will open in Acrobat - the
>>most you would have to explain, and this would be only to real 'newbies'
>>would be an instruction to double-click on the file.
>>
>>Mike
>>
>>Papasan wrote:
>>

>>>I don't want to send as a PDF attachment. Most I would send it to don't have
>>>a PDF reader or would not know how to use it. I want it in the email, so when
>>>they receive it, it is there and they can read it witout having to download
>>>or link to another program; if possible.
>>>
>>>Papasan

0
wordwiz (948)
4/28/2007 10:14:38 PM
"Papasan" <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I know most of the people we would be emailing the newsletter to,
> do not have a PDF Reader program and have a hard enough time
> using Outlook Express or other email programs. They are Senior
> citizens that are not very well versed about using a computer.

Senior citizens? What's that got to do with it? I'm a senior citizen and
I've been one for at least the last eight years and I know how to use a
computer. My husband is also a senior citizen and he's a Microsft Visual
Basic MVP. We're not all stupid you know! If you really do insist on wanting
to include this document of yours actually in the body of the email (as it
appears you want to do) then why not save each page from Publisher as a .jpg
or better still a Windows metafile (.wmf) and insert them into the body of
the email using the standard Insert / Picture menu (if you're using Outlook
Express, as it appears you are). It certainly is not by any means the best
way to do it, and it will require your recipient to scroll around heavily in
the email in order to see it, and she won't be able to see it anyway if she
has set her system to read messages in plain text, as many people do, but it
is better than nothing if you really do insist on not wanting to send an
attachment. And she would have a devil of a job printing it. Do you know how
to create these jpegs and wmfs from Publisher, and do you know how to insert
them into the body of an email? If not then post back and one of us "oldies"
will show you how to do it!

MoMo

0
MoMo (59)
4/28/2007 10:28:27 PM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> I know many, many senior citizens, some 100 years old. They know how to
> use a computer. There's nothing mystic about it. Reader is installed on
> computers when they arrive from the electronics store. Unless the person
> has installed Linux, it's there for them to use.

Even on Linux, there'll be some kind of PDF viewer (and it's installed
on a clean OS install).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
Papasan wrote:
> I don't want to send as a PDF attachment. Most I would send it to
> don't have a PDF reader or would not know how to use it. I want it in
> the email, so when they receive it, it is there and they can read it
> witout having to download or link to another program; if possible.
>
> Papasan
============================
If you truly wish to make it as simple
as possible...send a text only e-mail
message.

You don't need to know how to use
Adobe Reader...you just double click
the .pdf file and it opens.

Try this...

Download and install the following free PDF Creator.

PrimoPDF
http://www.primopdf.com/

With your new program installed...open your project
in Publisher and go to...File / Print.

On your Print screen...open the drop window and
select PrimoPDF as your printer.

Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
and you can browse to a save folder.

When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
in your save folder.

The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
that has the free Adobe Reader installed.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
4/28/2007 11:47:15 PM
Papasan <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I don't want to send as a PDF attachment. Most I would send it to don't have
>a PDF reader or would not know how to use it.

Then you'd best teach them.

Or deal with the fact that your fonts, etc. might not translate on
their system.
0
unclegrumpy (297)
4/29/2007 1:02:49 AM
Papasan <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the replies. Mike: you would loose your bet with the people I am
>trying to do this for.

It's "lose", not loose.

Maybe you are part of the problem
0
unclegrumpy (297)
4/29/2007 1:03:40 AM
go momo go :-)

"Maureen" <MoMo@nospam.com> wrote in message
| "Papasan" <Papasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|
| > I know most of the people we would be emailing the newsletter to,
| > do not have a PDF Reader program and have a hard enough time
| > using Outlook Express or other email programs. They are Senior
| > citizens that are not very well versed about using a computer.
|
| Senior citizens? What's that got to do with it? I'm a senior citizen and
| I've been one for at least the last eight years and I know how to use a
| computer. My husband is also a senior citizen and he's a Microsft Visual
| Basic MVP. We're not all stupid you know! If you really do insist on
wanting
| to include this document of yours actually in the body of the email (as it
| appears you want to do) then why not save each page from Publisher as a
..jpg
| or better still a Windows metafile (.wmf) and insert them into the body of
| the email using the standard Insert / Picture menu (if you're using
Outlook
| Express, as it appears you are). It certainly is not by any means the best
| way to do it, and it will require your recipient to scroll around heavily
in
| the email in order to see it, and she won't be able to see it anyway if
she
| has set her system to read messages in plain text, as many people do, but
it
| is better than nothing if you really do insist on not wanting to send an
| attachment. And she would have a devil of a job printing it. Do you know
how
| to create these jpegs and wmfs from Publisher, and do you know how to
insert
| them into the body of an email? If not then post back and one of us
"oldies"
| will show you how to do it!
|
| MoMo

0
webmaster911 (1600)
4/30/2007 4:53:37 AM
I have this problem too...I don't want people to have to open a .pdf
attachment.  For my purposes, it is marketing my business and I feel many
more people would show interest if it was right in front of them rather than
having to open an attachment.  Believe me, publishing it as a .pdf attachment
would be much easier so I would do it if I thought it would be the best thing
for my purposes.

I am trying to use Publisher to send an email...I've followed the
instructions on the MS site, but I do not get the "send as message" option, I
only get the "send as attachment" option in the file - send as email menu.
The instructions on MS say that you will not get the "send as message" option
if it's a 1-page document, so I made the document 2 pages and still only have
the "send as attachment" option.

If anyone can help, please do!

"Papasan" wrote:

> I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
> (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any
> way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express?
> Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned
> are appreciated.
>
> Papasan
0
houghb (3)
6/27/2007 4:40:02 PM
First - You can't do a two page email letter.

Second - Assuming you are using Outlook or Outlook Express for your email
program, Publisher has to be the same version or older (for example, Pub
2000 and Outlook 2002).

Third - If people have their email set to read plain text, nothing you do
can override that setting.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"houghb" <houghb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have this problem too...I don't want people to have to open a .pdf
> attachment.  For my purposes, it is marketing my business and I feel many
> more people would show interest if it was right in front of them rather
> than
> having to open an attachment.  Believe me, publishing it as a .pdf
> attachment
> would be much easier so I would do it if I thought it would be the best
> thing
> for my purposes.
>
> I am trying to use Publisher to send an email...I've followed the
> instructions on the MS site, but I do not get the "send as message"
> option, I
> only get the "send as attachment" option in the file - send as email menu.
> The instructions on MS say that you will not get the "send as message"
> option
> if it's a 1-page document, so I made the document 2 pages and still only
> have
> the "send as attachment" option.
>
> If anyone can help, please do!
>
> "Papasan" wrote:
>
>> I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
>> (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there
>> any
>> way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook
>> Express?
>> Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those
>> mentioned
>> are appreciated.
>>
>> Papasan

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/27/2007 5:52:13 PM
I keep preaching the best way is to simply put a link to your page in
your e-mail message. It seems lots of people want to "do it their way."
Okay, http://www.valleycat.net/lookatthis.html will help solve your problem.

Mike

(It's easier to create a page and post a link than type everything over
and over!)

houghb wrote:

> I have this problem too...I don't want people to have to open a .pdf
> attachment.  For my purposes, it is marketing my business and I feel many
> more people would show interest if it was right in front of them rather than
> having to open an attachment.  Believe me, publishing it as a .pdf attachment
> would be much easier so I would do it if I thought it would be the best thing
> for my purposes.
>
> I am trying to use Publisher to send an email...I've followed the
> instructions on the MS site, but I do not get the "send as message" option, I
> only get the "send as attachment" option in the file - send as email menu.
> The instructions on MS say that you will not get the "send as message" option
> if it's a 1-page document, so I made the document 2 pages and still only have
> the "send as attachment" option.
>
> If anyone can help, please do!
>
> "Papasan" wrote:
>

>>I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
>>(11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any
>>way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express?
>>Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned
>>are appreciated.
>>
>>Papasan
0
wordwiz (948)
6/27/2007 9:35:22 PM
The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send
E-mail on the File menu in Publisher:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425

DavidF

"houghb" <houghb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have this problem too...I don't want people to have to open a .pdf
> attachment.  For my purposes, it is marketing my business and I feel many
> more people would show interest if it was right in front of them rather
> than
> having to open an attachment.  Believe me, publishing it as a .pdf
> attachment
> would be much easier so I would do it if I thought it would be the best
> thing
> for my purposes.
>
> I am trying to use Publisher to send an email...I've followed the
> instructions on the MS site, but I do not get the "send as message"
> option, I
> only get the "send as attachment" option in the file - send as email menu.
> The instructions on MS say that you will not get the "send as message"
> option
> if it's a 1-page document, so I made the document 2 pages and still only
> have
> the "send as attachment" option.
>
> If anyone can help, please do!
>
> "Papasan" wrote:
>
>> I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
>> (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there
>> any
>> way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook
>> Express?
>> Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those
>> mentioned
>> are appreciated.
>>
>> Papasan

0
Nope8657 (939)
6/28/2007 2:04:59 AM
Here's one way of sending a newsletter within the email body using SnagIt, a
JoAnne find.

Create a single page Pub file of any length.

Use SnagIt to scroll picture taking and send by using File, e-mail.

http://www.softwarecasa.com/pprod/212401dd.htm?gclid=CLqBy8PH1YMCFQ7cSQod3zIq7w

(There is a free upgrade to version 8.2 for present users)

But I still prefer a pdf attachment. :-)
--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> First - You can't do a two page email letter.
>
> Second - Assuming you are using Outlook or Outlook Express for your email
> program, Publisher has to be the same version or older (for example, Pub
> 2000 and Outlook 2002).
>
> Third - If people have their email set to read plain text, nothing you do
> can override that setting.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "houghb" <houghb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have this problem too...I don't want people to have to open a .pdf
>> attachment.  For my purposes, it is marketing my business and I feel many
>> more people would show interest if it was right in front of them rather
>> than
>> having to open an attachment.  Believe me, publishing it as a .pdf
>> attachment
>> would be much easier so I would do it if I thought it would be the best
>> thing
>> for my purposes.
>>
>> I am trying to use Publisher to send an email...I've followed the
>> instructions on the MS site, but I do not get the "send as message"
>> option, I
>> only get the "send as attachment" option in the file - send as email
>> menu.
>> The instructions on MS say that you will not get the "send as message"
>> option
>> if it's a 1-page document, so I made the document 2 pages and still only
>> have
>> the "send as attachment" option.
>>
>> If anyone can help, please do!
>>
>> "Papasan" wrote:
>>
>>> I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
>>> (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there
>>> any
>>> way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook
>>> Express?
>>> Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those
>>> mentioned
>>> are appreciated.
>>>
>>> Papasan

0
Engineer5094 (821)
6/28/2007 3:32:33 AM
7 reasons why HTML e-mail is EVIL!!!

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send
> E-mail on the File menu in Publisher:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425
>
> DavidF
>
> "houghb" <houghb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have this problem too...I don't want people to have to open a .pdf
>> attachment.  For my purposes, it is marketing my business and I feel many
>> more people would show interest if it was right in front of them rather than
>> having to open an attachment.  Believe me, publishing it as a .pdf attachment
>> would be much easier so I would do it if I thought it would be the best thing
>> for my purposes.
>>
>> I am trying to use Publisher to send an email...I've followed the
>> instructions on the MS site, but I do not get the "send as message" option, I
>> only get the "send as attachment" option in the file - send as email menu.
>> The instructions on MS say that you will not get the "send as message" option
>> if it's a 1-page document, so I made the document 2 pages and still only have
>> the "send as attachment" option.
>>
>> If anyone can help, please do!
>>
>> "Papasan" wrote:
>>
>>> I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter
>>> (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any
>>> way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express?
>>> Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned
>>> are appreciated.
>>>
>>> Papasan

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/28/2007 8:49:58 AM
I prefer a pdf attachment too. I have, on occasions, sent a little notice
out to some of my fellow guild members thru Publisher but NEVER a
newsletter.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> Here's one way of sending a newsletter within the email body using SnagIt,
> a JoAnne find.
>
> Create a single page Pub file of any length.
>
> Use SnagIt to scroll picture taking and send by using File, e-mail.
>
> http://www.softwarecasa.com/pprod/212401dd.htm?gclid=CLqBy8PH1YMCFQ7cSQod3zIq7w
>
> (There is a free upgrade to version 8.2 for present users)
>
> But I still prefer a pdf attachment. :-)
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> First - You can't do a two page email letter.
>>
>> Second - Assuming you are using Outlook or Outlook Express for your email
>> program, Publisher has to be the same version or older (for example, Pub
>> 2000 and Outlook 2002).
>>
>> Third - If people have their email set to read plain text, nothing you do
>> can override that setting.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "houghb" <houghb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have this problem too...I don't want people to have to open a .pdf
>>> attachment.  For my purposes, it is marketing my business and I feel
>>> many
>>> more people would show interest if it was right in front of them rather
>>> than
>>> having to open an attachment.  Believe me, publishing it as a .pdf
>>> attachment
>>> would be much easier so I would do it if I thought it would be the best
>>> thing
>>> for my purposes.
>>>
>>> I am trying to use Publisher to send an email...I've followed the
>>> instructions on the MS site, but I do not get the "send as message"
>>> option, I
>>> only get the "send as attachment" option in the file - send as email
>>> menu.
>>> The instructions on MS say that you will not get the "send as message"
>>> option
>>> if it's a 1-page document, so I made the document 2 pages and still only
>>> have
>>> the "send as attachment" option.
>>>
>>> If anyone can help, please do!

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/28/2007 12:32:05 PM
That is an excellent link! Thanks  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

>7 reasons why HTML e-mail is EVIL!!!
> http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click
>> Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "houghb" <houghb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have this problem too...I don't want people to have to open a .pdf
>>> attachment.  For my purposes, it is marketing my business and I feel
>>> many
>>> more people would show interest if it was right in front of them rather
>>> than
>>> having to open an attachment.  Believe me, publishing it as a .pdf
>>> attachment
>>> would be much easier so I would do it if I thought it would be the best
>>> thing
>>> for my purposes.
>>>
>>> I am trying to use Publisher to send an email...I've followed the
>>> instructions on the MS site, but I do not get the "send as message"
>>> option, I
>>> only get the "send as attachment" option in the file - send as email
>>> menu.
>>> The instructions on MS say that you will not get the "send as message"
>>> option
>>> if it's a 1-page document, so I made the document 2 pages and still only
>>> have
>>> the "send as attachment" option.
>>>
>>> If anyone can help, please do!

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/28/2007 12:32:47 PM
So which should you use - plain text or rich text?  I really don't
understand what plain vs rich is.  Help anyone?
--
Donna in Idaho

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>7 reasons why HTML e-mail is EVIL!!!
> http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
donarden (4)
6/29/2007 3:58:15 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Text_Format

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Donna Aten" <donarden@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> So which should you use - plain text or rich text?  I really don't understand
> what plain vs rich is.  Help anyone?
> --
> Donna in Idaho
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>7 reasons why HTML e-mail is EVIL!!!
>> http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/29/2007 10:53:44 AM
Thanks, Mary.  I need to school myself to start thinking of Wikipedia when I
have a question!
--
Donna in Idaho

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
donarden (4)
6/29/2007 8:48:24 PM
"Donna Aten" <donarden@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks, Mary.  I need to school myself to start thinking of Wikipedia when I
>have a question!

Don't complain when the info from Wik is wrong.

0
unclegrumpy (297)

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

align 3 concatenated strings for column appearnace
I combined 3 cells to make a drop down list. However I am not pleased with the final appearance as the texts scrawls over the page. I'd like to align the text strings so that its appearance is more appealing while still using the drop down lists. Thanks for your help. "Dano" wrote > I combined 3 cells to make a drop down list. > However I am not pleased with > the final appearance as the texts scrawls over the page. > I'd like to align the text strings > so that its appearance is more appealing > while still using the drop down lists. Not sure.. we c...

e ...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

P L E A S E
Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts below this post). Please. Thank you. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:ewOtE0A3DHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts > below this post). Please. What? I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post? I don't think so... Cheers Richard. Jan, I have already answered your post, let me repeat it: "If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the fo...

CRM 3.0 on 2008 Terminal Server
Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal server? I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the message "Windows 2000 SP4 and above supported" Simon I was under the impression that CRM 3.0 is not supported in a Terminal Server environment. However if you search the blogs, there is plenty of documentation and scripts on how to achieve this. "Simon" wrote: > Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal > server? > > I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the...

E-Mail Printing Problem
I posted this problem 6 or 8 months ago and have not yet seen a solution. The problem is on certain emails (Schwab Confirms as an Example) about 1" of the right side of the email is cropped. I documented and reported the problem to MSFT and someone from MSFT replied that they were aware of the issue and were working on it. That was many many months ago. The problem is/was not printer dependent or operating system dependant - just Internet Explorer and/or Windows Live Mail. It was apparent at that time that other people were experiencing the same problem. Is anyone aware...

New Mail Desktop Shortcut
Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar in XP? Rob D. <RobD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running > Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new > mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar > in XP? It's easy enough to make one. Open Outlook and search for "command line&qu...

Unable to send via windows mail
Hi everyone, I am having trouble sending via windows mail, one day it was working and then for some reason it doesnt. I can still received email but unable to send. I have all correct settings, I have deleted accunt and re installed account, changed port settings as requested and still get the same error. which is the following The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems ...

"Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working
As you know, in Excel you there is an icon on the Toolbar for "Send to Mail Recipient". For some reason, my icon does not appear. When I select Tools > Customize > Select and drag the Mail Recipient icon to the toolbar, as soon as I close the customize menu box the icon I just dragged to the toolbar disappears. When I click on the little arrow at the end of the toolbar, I do not see it listed under the Customize area (to check or uncheck). Anyone know why this may be happening and how I can get the icon to stay in the toolbar? Also, if I go under File > Send To, ...

auto e-mail checking
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone out there could tell me if there's a way to check for e-mail automatically. What I mean by this is that I would not have to be "clicking" send/receive, each time that I need to check for new e- mail. Thanks in advance. Rudy Tools > Options > Internet E-mail. Check my local network for connections(s) for new mail every ____ minutes. You may also want to check the auto dial button if you're not always online. "Rudy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01b601c3a244$da477da0$a601280a@phx.g...

Business Portal Requisition 3.0 Setup Error
Hi - Does any one knows how to resolve this issue. When i tried to modify the company setting under Manage Requisition with Administrator Login, its saying The Selected Company is being modified by another user. thanks, Ravishankar.P ...

E-mail Router doesnt get E-mail from Exchange
Hi, I've setup CRM with Exchange E-mail Router successfully until I did either 1 of the following. 1. Disabling E-mail user 2. Change server IP address 3. Installing RAS Does anyone of the above affects Exchange E-mail Router? If not, may i know whether is there any place where i can configure Exchange E-mail Router? Last solution, do you think reinstalling Exchange E-mail Router will help? Any help appreciated. Thanks a lot!! David Loke -------------------------------------------- ReadySpace Network Pte Ltd www.readyspace.com ...

Direct Mail
Is there a way to print a POSTNET barcode on a Publisher document? More specificly, I'm mail merging an address list to a publisher document, and want to add a barcode to each page. Is there a way to do this (you can do it in Word...) Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from AlphrettaRealtor <AlpharettaRealtor@hotmail.com>... > Is there a way to print a POSTNET barcode on a Publisher > document? More specificly, I'm mail merging an address > list to a publisher document, and want to add a barcode > to each page. Is t...

Attaching an e-mail into an e-mail
Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it does not. Any suggestions? can you be a bit more specific, what is it that isnt working now ?? Regards Davidt "Hope" wrote: > Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and > attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it > up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 b...