Dynamic Text Fields

Can publisher be linked to a database?

Let's say I have some research article that needs to be
constantly updated (weekly).  90% remains the same for the
text, but numbers change.  I need it to link to some sort
of data source where my data & % changes updates
automatically.

The only text change would be something like
Decrease/Increase, stronger/weaker, better/worse, etc.

What software do you recommend for this?  Do you think a
reporting tool would be more appropriate?

Please advise.

Derik
0
deriktran (1)

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Missing text in OL2003 email messages.
The e-mail sender, recipient, and subject is viewable but the contents of the message simply don't show up. ...

how can i auto text in excel
-- how can i auto text in excel Sue I assume you mean that you want AutoComplete. Go to Tools, Options, Edit and select the box at the bottom: Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values. To set up things to replace (for example I have my version replacing my initials with my name), go to Tools, AutoCorrect Options and set things up in there. HTH David "Sue" wrote: > > -- how can i auto text in excel > Sue ...

HOW DO I CHANGE FONT IN A TEXT STING
I am trying to print text with inserted fields in a text box. No problem. Now I would like to underline the inserted fields and change the font size for portions of the text. Your help is appreciated. RingedNeckDuck wrote: >I am trying to print text with inserted fields in a text box. No problem. >Now I would like to underline the inserted fields and change the font size >for portions of the text. That is not an available feature of text boxes. Look around www.lebans.com for a couple of different ways to get that effect. One I know of uses separate text boxes for the nor...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

countin and updating numbric and text
I need to update a number cell from a text filed. Cell a3 represent the total years of participation. Cellsb3,d3,e3 ECT represent the current year of activity by a “y”. I am trying to update the number in a3 – 5- to 6 or 7 or 8 based on whether or not there is a “y” in b3,d3,e3 ECT. Example a3=5 B3- blank C3 = “y” would update a3 to 6 D3 blank E3 = “y” would update b3 to7 I have tried a number of count and countif and countifs and always receive the value error because of the “y” Can anyone help? Thanks Dick Try: =COUNTIF(B3:Z3,"y") Tom "Anvil22&q...

Required fields
I need to set up some VB code to alert the inputter that they need to complete a couple of required fields depending on the value of a third field. At present I have some code (below) attached to the BeforeUpdate event of the form that checks for one of the fields but I need to extend it to the 2nd field and I don't know how to. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.[NYSPA Received] And IsNull(Me.Date_NYSPA_Received) And Me.New_Cease = "New" Then MsgBox "Date NYSPA Received is required" & vbCrLf & "Record will not be saved&q...

truncated text
In several cells that contain a lot of text, Excel has cut off part of the words. We can widen/lengthen the cell, but it just puts space in the additional area and does not display any more of the text. Is there a limit to the amount of text that can be placed in one cell? If so, how much? Can that amount be changed? How? Thanks for your help! ...

Extract numbers from a string of text
Need to extract just the numbers at then end of the string. 1300 · Inventory:1305.05 · Inventory Business to Business:1305.10 · B2B Inventory Contra 1300 · Inventory:1305.05 · Inventory Business to Business:1305.15 · B2B Inventory 1300 · Inventory:1310 · Inventory - Raw Materials:1310.05 · Inventory - Flavoring 1300 · Inventory:1310 · Inventory - Raw Materials:1310.10 · Inventory - Green Beans 1300 · Inventory:1310 · Inventory - Raw Materials:1310.15 · Loose Tea 1300 · Inventory:1320 · Invent...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

printing vertical text
Hi For my project I have to print a table with 5 rows and 5 colums. The text in the first row has to rotated over 90� so that the colums not get to wide. The first row has text and the rest of the table has 3 digit numbers. To print this I create a font for the first row and a different font for the rest of the table. The font for the first row I give the lforientation and lfescapement the value 900. This works a fine on my win2000 system where I develop the program but when I trie to use this on a win9x PC sometimes the orientation gets wrong. The text aperas not to be rotated 90� but -90�....

VBA code to password protect and entry field?
Hi all! Here's an interesting project. In one of my forms in an acess DB, I have a text entry box. Now, I don't want just anyone to be able to type garbage into this text box. I also do not want to hide or lock it. I need to use it now and again. IS there some code snippet I can use to that will prompt for a password to unlock the text field? An example would be IF one were to click on the text field, A prompt would come up for a password. You enter the password and the text box would now be active to acept typing. Otherwize the text box needs to be greyed out and null...

How can a calculated value be displayed wiyhin a text string
I am trying to display calculated value in a text string. The value could change as the variables change. the use of the Ampersand "&" ="all " & (2+3) & " people" will show as all 5 people If you want the number to be in a given format check the text() funciton in help. "Furrukh" wrote: > I am trying to display calculated value in a text string. The value could > change as the variables change. You don't give any details, but perhaps something like ="The sum of the first 10 values is " & SUM(A1:A10) &a...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Text Messaging option (OMS)
Just to clarify, have enabled the Text Messaging option (OMS) for Outlook 2007. Scenario: If you select from GAL: 1.One bye one user, everyone gets text message, as expected. 2.If you select a group with the same people,everyone gets an email, which is not expected. Since group handling from GAL and Text Messaging not works for some reason, I try to do a workaround. Jordan Sorry, this was a comment to an earlier thread. Not a new one. Wrong posting. Jordan On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:45:28 +0100, Jordan wrote: >Just to clarify, have enabled the Text Messaging option (OMS...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

Dynamics GP 10 and Dynamics AX 4.0
just a half year ago, our company has started to work with Dynamics AX 4.0. Now i am doing some programming in X++ and almost customizing reports. Accidently, i stumpled on Dynamics GP 10.0 and i am wondering what s the difference between AX and GP? What stands GP for? Maybe GP is to replace AX, and our company backs to wrong horse? Does GP 10 contains AX 4.0? I have learnt lot of X++ programming, would it be possible to using X++ in the GT 10 field, too? Great Plains (GP) is another ERP system that Microsoft acquired a few years ago when it acquired the company of the same name. GP ...

Reversing text in MS office 2007?
I have entered over 400 names on my document list, first name first, last name last. I need to change it a last name first, first name last. How do I correct this issue? Thank you in advance for your help. On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:14:01 -0800, PitStop09 <PitStop09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have entered over 400 names on my document list, first name first, last >name last. >I need to change it a last name first, first name last. How do I correct >this issue? > >Thank you in advance for your help. Look at Example 1 in http://www.gmayor.com...

Sum amounts based on date field
I have two columns. Column A is a date time column. Column B is an amount column. I want to calculate the amounts by the hour and place the hourly totals in Column C and the date time of that hour in Column D. Below is an example of the data and how I would like Column C and Column D to look. Column A Column B Column C Column D DATE AMOUNT TOTALS/HR DATE 01/01/2009 01:10:10 50 75 01/01/2009 01:00:00 01/01/2009 01:20:05 25 10 ...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...

Text box fill not showing
Just upgraded to Vista. Fill color for text boxes does not show on workspace but does show in Preview and does print. Tried Pub 2007 with same result. Very annoying to have to keep previewing. Vickie Are you sure it is text boxes and not shapes? Do you have detailed display enabled? View, Pictures. Read the fourth FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Victoria" <Victoria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C96ADA0-D5F1-4D1B-9D74-9...

Dynamic Range
Hi All, I have the following two dynamic ranges =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A),1) =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A),2) Note: there will be two ranges namecount & namelist The formula which would be using the above range is =IF(MAX(namecount)<ROW(1:1),"",VLOOKUP(ROW(1:1),namelist,2)) Big question!!!, can I join these ranges together in to one statement. if so than how ??? Thansks, Rashid Hi! If I follow what you want: Named range: List Refers to: =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1:$B$1,,,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A)) Then: =IF(MAX(INDEX(List,,1))<ROW(1:1),"",VLOOKUP(R...