DVD Insert

I have been asked by a friend to design an insert for a DVD he is
making. The only templates I've been able to find are the ones that are
actually for CD jewel cases. He is going to be using the DVD cases like
you see in the stores when you buy a movie, which is much larger and the
insert goes into the plastic sleeve. It's about 10-1/2" X 7-1/4".  I
checked the Microsoft site, but they had nada.  Does anyone have a place
where I could get a template for this project, or any idea of the best
way to set this up?  I've done CD inserts, but never a DVD before.

Thanks.

0
nyccarole (12)

Do you have an insert that you can remove from the case to measure it? If
so, do that, then set the dimensions of your publication to match what you
measured.

I don't think you need anything more in the way of a template unless you are
printing on some special stock where the image isn't centered on the page.
Even in that case, you should be able to set your Publisher margins to
match.

I"ve created my own "templates" for CD case inserts and for CD labels
printed on NEATO labels. I've had no problems.

"Carole" <nyccarole@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have been asked by a friend to design an insert for a DVD he is
> making. The only templates I've been able to find are the ones that are
> actually for CD jewel cases. He is going to be using the DVD cases like
> you see in the stores when you buy a movie, which is much larger and the
> insert goes into the plastic sleeve. It's about 10-1/2" X 7-1/4".  I
> checked the Microsoft site, but they had nada.  Does anyone have a place
> where I could get a template for this project, or any idea of the best
> way to set this up?  I've done CD inserts, but never a DVD before.
>
> Thanks.

0
myrnailarson (145)
10/19/2003 5:26:51 AM
Yes, I do have one I can measure..but it needs to have a front panel,
back panel and a spine.   The front and back are not a problem...just
not sure how to go about the spine so that the text prints properly
(from top to bottom the way it is on  a movie DVD)

Myrna Larson wrote:
> Do you have an insert that you can remove from the case to measure it? If
> so, do that, then set the dimensions of your publication to match what you
> measured.
>
> I don't think you need anything more in the way of a template unless you are
> printing on some special stock where the image isn't centered on the page.
> Even in that case, you should be able to set your Publisher margins to
> match.
>
> I"ve created my own "templates" for CD case inserts and for CD labels
> printed on NEATO labels. I've had no problems.
>
> "Carole" <nyccarole@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have been asked by a friend to design an insert for a DVD he is
>>making. The only templates I've been able to find are the ones that are
>>actually for CD jewel cases. He is going to be using the DVD cases like
>>you see in the stores when you buy a movie, which is much larger and the
>>insert goes into the plastic sleeve. It's about 10-1/2" X 7-1/4".  I
>>checked the Microsoft site, but they had nada.  Does anyone have a place
>>where I could get a template for this project, or any idea of the best
>>way to set this up?  I've done CD inserts, but never a DVD before.
>>
>>Thanks.

0
nyccarole (12)
10/19/2003 8:28:44 AM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Carole <nyccarole@hotmail.com>...
> Yes, I do have one I can measure..but it needs to have a front panel,
> back panel and a spine.   The front and back are not a problem...just
> not sure how to go about the spine so that the text prints properly
> (from top to bottom the way it is on  a movie DVD)

Measure the sizes of each panel, and set ruler guides correspondingly.
You can rotate a text box or use WordArt to get your vertical text (the
exact procedure depends entirely on your Publisher version)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/19/2003 8:43:42 AM
Some help here
http://www.crystalcleardvds.com/dvd_ccad.mv
and templates here
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ezlabel/dvdcasblac50.html scroll down...
and here
http://www.e-kmedia.com/html/dvdtemplates.html

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Carole <nyccarole@hotmail.com>...
> > Yes, I do have one I can measure..but it needs to have a front panel,
> > back panel and a spine.   The front and back are not a problem...just
> > not sure how to go about the spine so that the text prints properly
> > (from top to bottom the way it is on  a movie DVD)
>
> Measure the sizes of each panel, and set ruler guides correspondingly.
> You can rotate a text box or use WordArt to get your vertical text (the
> exact procedure depends entirely on your Publisher version)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
laserdog (1122)
10/19/2003 12:24:51 PM
Wow, thanks Mary! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for :)  You're a
GEM! :))

Mary Sauer wrote:
> Some help here
> http://www.crystalcleardvds.com/dvd_ccad.mv
> and templates here
> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ezlabel/dvdcasblac50.html scroll down...
> and here
> http://www.e-kmedia.com/html/dvdtemplates.html

0
nyccarole (12)
10/19/2003 7:15:43 PM
Actually, Mary is a granny (female)

A 'gem' is usually a hard piece of tough rock

donotknock (1942)
10/19/2003 9:23:42 PM
Actually, David, I am a GEM by marriage. My hubby's initials are GEMS... George
Edward Milton Sauer, Junior... How's that for a moniker?

--
"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> Actually, Mary is a granny (female)
>
> A 'gem' is usually a hard piece of tough rock

laserdog (1122)
10/19/2003 9:45:08 PM
Thanks for the thanks... I really do appreciate it.

--
> Wow, thanks Mary! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for :)  You're a
> GEM! :))
>

> Mary Sauer wrote:
> > Some help here
> > http://www.crystalcleardvds.com/dvd_ccad.mv
> > and templates here
> > http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ezlabel/dvdcasblac50.html scroll down...
> > and here
> > http://www.e-kmedia.com/html/dvdtemplates.html

0
laserdog (1122)
10/19/2003 9:45:44 PM
Mary as long as he is a real gem.

Being married to the right person is magic.

donotknock (1942)

How do I insert a PictureBox into Excel?
I don't know much about VBA. Is there any way to easily insert a PictureBox into an Excel worksheet so that a .jpg file can be selected from a directory of .jpg files and loaded to the worksheet? Thanks, Evanbron Hi, Just off-hand, You could use a userform with an image control, a list box with a list of the picture locations and a button to insert picture into the image control. If the desired pictured is acceptable, use another button to insert the picture into the worksheet. If you would like me to create this project for you, you can send me the relevant info. See my user ...

Insert Comment
Hi All, I have cells F1-F31 for daily expenses. Some expenses need to be explained, thus Insert Comment is used. My dilemma is if I unlock the column and protect the sheet, Insert Comment will be grayed out. For every comment I have to unprotect the sheet, Insert Comment, protect the sheet. I am sure there is a simpler way. Thanks for your input. Regards, Bernard Bernard When you protect the sheet you can choose to "Edit Objects" This will allow you to insert comments on those unlocked cells. Note: you must be running 2002 or newer. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu,...

Only one tool: Rip a DVD, convert video, backup iPod, make iPhone Ringtone
This guide aims to show you how to rip a DVD, convert video and transfer music between iPod and computer/two iPod, make your own iPhone ringtone.All you need is [URL="http://www.mobi32.com/DVD-Tools/Aiseesoft-DVD-Software-Toolkit.html"][B]Aiseesoft DVD Software Toolkit[/B][/URL]It includes 4 parts:[B]Part 1. How to rip DVD to iPod/iPhone/Sansa/PSP/Zune and other MP4 and MP3 Players. [/B][B]Part 2. How to convert all video to MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, MPG, RM, RMVB, MKV, VOB?[/B][B]Part 3. How to transfer music from iPod to computer, computer to iPod, iPod to iPod. [/B][B]Part 4. ...

when I go to add the 1 letter instead out inserting the letter it.
When I am writing an email in outlook 2003, and I have forgotten a letter, when I go to add the 1 letter instead out inserting the letter it over writes the following letter, So then I have to write the whole thing out again, I can-not add 1 or more letters that I may of forgotten in spelling a word. Please help!! "electropleb" <electropleb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F86DC27D-231F-4DD3-AFF9-710310C1E5BC@microsoft.com... > When I am writing an email in outlook 2003, and I have forgotten a letter, > when I go to add the 1 letter instead out in...

How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper
[url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/how-to-convert-rip-dvd-audio-to-mp3.html][b]How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper?[/b][/url][url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html][b]Joboshare DVD Ripper[/b][/url] is professional DVD Ripper software, which can rip DVD to MP4, rip DVD to AVI and almost all other video and audio formats including [b]AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, FLV, VOB, ASF, DV, MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG,[/b] etc. with the highest DVD ripping speed and the best quality.[b]Guide: How to convert and rip music fro...

Error on Insert Into
I have 3 Tables - that each have their own data entry form. All 3 tables are related through a one to one relationship. I have added the following code to the AfterInsert event of the parent form: Private Sub Form_AfterInsert() If Me.NewRecord = True Then CurrentDb.Execute "Insert Into Table2 (ClientID) Values(" & Me.ClientID & ")", dbFailOnError CurrentDb.Execute "Insert Into Table3 (ClientID) Values(" & Me.ClientID & ")", dbFailOnError End If End Sub After completing the parent form I encounter a compile error when I put my cu...

Excel
I need to insert a space three characters from the right of a piece of text I have in a cell. How do I do it? I was thinking along the lines of customer formatting but this is proving troublesome as I'm an Excel novice. Thanks, Darren If your piece of text is in cell A1, you could put the following formula into a helper cell (such as B1): =LEFT(A1,3)&" "&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-3). If you want to convert the formula back into text, click on B1, press Ctrl+C to copy it, then click on Edit | Paste Special | Paste: Values | OK. "Dazza" wrote: > I need to in...

can you insert today's date in email template?
Is there equivent to Excel's TODAY and NOW functions? ...

insert date in Publisher
I created a text box and insert a date with the update date automatically box checked...didn't work why? Publisher 2000 here so it may be a bit different for you. When you Inserted the date, was the box for automatic update checked? -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "Helpmedates" <u27294@uwe> wrote in message news:67054071f04f2@uwe... >I created a text box and insert a date with the update date automatically >box > checked...didn't work why? > ...

Inserting music in Outlook 2000
Does anyone know the procedure to insert background music, e.g., midi files, etc., into outgoing emails in Outlook 2000? I was able to do this in Outlook Express 2000 with WIN 98 but now have XP and Outlook 2000 and cannot find about how to do it. HELP! Use Word as the mail editor, enable the Web Tools toolbar and use that to insert sounds. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.co...

Insert Line Macro
Does anyone know how to write a macro that will allow me to insert a row just one row below the row with an "insert row" button on my worksheet. Basically what I am trying to accomplish is to have a series of row categories where information will be entered. If a user would like to add another line to a category for an additional item, I want them to be able to click a button and a blank line to be inserted above all the others in the category with the same formatting as the other lines in the category. It would be great if this was a generic macro that could be used for mu...

Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&amp;2 Series DVD Set
Price:$65.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PQKKQS Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PQKKQS Rev 'em up fast and furious. Each of these tough, challenging, progressive workouts is an intense 15-minute muscle isolation superset targeting Abs, Back/Chest, Shoulders, Biceps/Triceps, Buns & Legs. Focus on a different key muscle group each day or through the course of each day. Within a week, you'll get a fun and memorable full body workout. Before you know it, you'll see and feel results. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Total Gym 1700 Clu...

How can I insert "&" in Header & Footer?
I'm using Excel 2003. I've tried to incorporate "&" in the Header & Footer but without success. I've also tried cut and paste "&" from symbol but it seems it cannot be pasted in "Custom the Header & Footer". Hope somebody can answer my question! Thanks! Use 2 "&" for the footer to show one. -- XL2003 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "Regina Man" <Regina Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3EB15A3-F1BC-4490-8185-6005020CAEC7@microsoft.com... > I'm using Excel 2003. &g...

DVD not appearing on My Computer
I have recently fixed my laptop (Dell XPS M140) after some virus schenanigans. Now some settings are changed for a particular user (admin setting). The CD/DVD drive is not show up on My Computer. It does show up on the Device Manager and the driver is updated and it swears that it is enabled and ready to go. I can put in an audio CD and have it recognized in itunes. But any other software CD is not recognized and does not load. I then signed onto the original administrator account and there is no problem with any type of CD/DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to f...

Error Inserting Word OLE Object
I am having difficulty figuring out why I get an error attempting to insert a Word doc file as an OLE Object. When I Insert|Object - Create from file, and select a file using the Browse option and click the "Link" box, I get a popup message titled: "Publisher" "Cannot save object. An OLE server cannot save an object you are using. Windows may be low on memory or disk space, or the object may not be registered correctly. Publisher restored the last saved changes to this object." I have uninstalled and re-installed Publisher and Word. It appears to be some...

Insert cell problem
On one worksheet, attempts to insert a cell are thwarted--only insert row or column is allowed--other options are grayed out. I've tried cells across the ENTIRE worksheet, and they all exhibit the same behavior. However, it DOES work normally if I copy and paste part of it into a new sheet. Is there some setting that can affect an entire sheet? There are no merged cells, or hidden rows or columns. (Yes, I am sure I am not selecting more than one cell!) Hi Dave, I expect you have Sheet protection turned on, but can't see how you would get some of the insert options. --- HTH, Davi...

Insert Item View
Is there a way to change the view of the e-mail when you select Insert Item within Outlook? This view comes up by default in "Group" mode where it groups messages by date. Is there a way to change this view so it is NOT grouped and sorted by date recieved? ...

How do I insert a symbol in an Excel footer?
I can't seem to open the symbol window for use in a footer. Click on the "A" button in the Custom Footer pop-up and choose a Wingding font............ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "chetj" <chetj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A81D367-58A5-45F1-9AF3-C4AC33EF1CEA@microsoft.com... > I can't seem to open the symbol window for use in a footer. I would just insert the symbol in Excel and then copy and paste (use CTRL + V) into the footer. If it's not a symbol from normal text, e.g. it's wingdings etc. then you'll need to ...

Insert Documents (Word/PDF) and open them
Dear colleagues, For reporting purposes, I would like to create an Excel file containing Candidates assessments with their CV's. For that, I would like to have a Sheet containing all Candidates' assessments. On the other hand, I would like to insert their CV's into the Excel workbook (another sheet or one sheet for each CV). These are Word and/or PDF docs. What I wold like to have is links between the Assessment sheet and the CV's, so I can click a button or a link in the Assessment sheet and open the corresponding CV. Is that possible? I cannot create hyperlinks to ...

Dvd/Cdrw not recognized?
I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.I am running windows xp professional.I was running a cd drive perfectly, when I took a cdrw/dvd from another Dell Inspiron 5000 and installed it in my laptop it does not recognize any hardware for new dvd drive anywhere. I have tried mr.fix it,3hrs and no result. I have tried the registry fix, did not work. I have looked for a driver, none found. Please tell me if it is possible to have a dvd cdrw while running xp professional? If so HOW! Please help! =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?= <PaulG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A73F7A24-A427-4...

How to convert DVD to AVI with Leawo DVD to AVI Converter?
Many people are trying to [url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/][b]convert DVD to AVI[/b][/url] for data storage on their computer hard drive. And a lot more people are seeking for a [b][url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/]DVD to AVI[/url][/b] Converter to convert DVD to AVI for video edit. Thus they can upload them to YouTube or MySpace for friends to see. Definitely, they don&rsquo;t want their video to be reduced in quality, so a DVD to AVI converter software with best output quality will be their bad need! What about Leawo DVD to AVI Converter? Is it the right ...

cd/dvd drive not detected
So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there. I don't know what else to do, please help. -- raysmith Have you tried going to the makers website and getting the latest firmware for it? Flash it with that and...

Lost "File Menu"
I accidentally grabbed the File menu (as in File / Edit / View / Insert / Format...) in Excel 97 and dragged it. Now it's disappeared and I can't figure out how to restore it. Can anyone help please?!?! THanks! File>view>toolbars and customize, then click command tab, in the left pane scroll down to built in menus, in the right hand pane grab a hold (with the lef mouse button) of the word Edit and drag it to where you want it, release the mouse button, close the customize box Done! Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Nikki R" <Nikki R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

SQL Insert / Integration Manager
Ok, I have been asked to upload into the database all ISO3166 2 character country code listings. The table I have identified is VAT1001. Fields are CCode, CCodeDesc, ECFLAG, NOTEINDX, DEX ROW ID. Now, I have no problem putting in data for the first 3 fields,b ut NoteIndx and Dex Row ID are system generated. I have Integration Manager for Distribution but I do not see where it would have me upload to VAT1001. So, 1. is this possible with Integration Manager for Distribution 2. Is it possible to just do a SQL insert (via MS Access) and will GP during the next check links fix t...

my inserted digital movies don't play
Please help!!! I've been doing an educational presentation which I'm going to put on DVD but after I've done all the presentation, it was playing at first then when I've tried to clean up my PC for the unwanted vids on my files, it just stop playing. "BassKicker" <BassKicker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63077463-6932-4342-8281-111E816C7640@microsoft.com... > Please help!!! I've been doing an educational presentation which I'm going > to > put on DVD but after I've done all the presentation, it was playi...