Duplex Mail Merge Problem with 2007 (& 03)

Background:  I have been merging forever including duplexing postcards.

Current:  I need to duplex print name tags on Avery 5392 4x3" cards.  Front
and back will be identical.  My problem is that Pub 2003 has the bug that
won't allow you to merge duplex "custom" size publications. (However, you can
with the postcard template).

Next Step:  In an effort to get around the issue, I downloaded the 2007 Beta
2 (and installed the Technical Refresh).  I create the document based on the
template (6 per page) but when I get to the point to print, I get in trouble.
 I select "Multiple Pages per Sheet" "Number of Copies: 1".

The result is it prints the front of the document in spot 1, back in spot 2
(same for 3&4, 5&6).  On the back, it is printing the next batch.

It is treating the 2nd page as an extra page, rather than the back of the
document.
Nothing I have done has made this work the way that I think that it should.
I have Publisher 2k, XP, 03, 07TR available if anyone has an idea!

I'm in a pretty bad crunch now.  Anyone have suggestions for printing
several thousand nametags duplex from a merge?  (This is a highly graphical
badge)

There is no way you will get an identical back and front. What appears on the
left on the front will be on the right on the back. The only way you can achieve
this would not merge the back or setup your data differently.

data 1               data 2
Bill                     George
George               Bill
Phil                    Toots
Toots                   Phil

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Jonathan Sullivan" <JonathanSullivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0C491C73-8A64-4CC9-AB5D-CF614CA1934F@microsoft.com...
> Background:  I have been merging forever including duplexing postcards.
>
> Current:  I need to duplex print name tags on Avery 5392 4x3" cards.  Front
> and back will be identical.  My problem is that Pub 2003 has the bug that
> won't allow you to merge duplex "custom" size publications. (However, you can
> with the postcard template).
>
> Next Step:  In an effort to get around the issue, I downloaded the 2007 Beta
> 2 (and installed the Technical Refresh).  I create the document based on the
> template (6 per page) but when I get to the point to print, I get in trouble.
> I select "Multiple Pages per Sheet" "Number of Copies: 1".
>
> The result is it prints the front of the document in spot 1, back in spot 2
> (same for 3&4, 5&6).  On the back, it is printing the next batch.
>
> It is treating the 2nd page as an extra page, rather than the back of the
> document.
> Nothing I have done has made this work the way that I think that it should.
> I have Publisher 2k, XP, 03, 07TR available if anyone has an idea!
>
> I'm in a pretty bad crunch now.  Anyone have suggestions for printing
> several thousand nametags duplex from a merge?  (This is a highly graphical
> badge)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/29/2006 6:15:46 PM
Mary, understood.  But I could "merge" postcards (Customization on the "back"
the correct mailing address on the "front") in 03 without a problem...just
wouldn't do it with other "custom" sizes.

I didn't want to have to manipulate data for thousands of entries.  Its
ironic that I was able to use this same list and merge the postcards, but now
can't merge the name tags.

Definitely frustrated...certainly there has to be a way/work around
There was a response to this a few months ago. Seems there is a Excel formula
you can apply. You might ask in a Excel group.

 If you are able to do this with postcards, it should work with custom sized
stock.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

message news:5BC6B520-A662-46AC-B4C4-ADD4B8F67E3A@microsoft.com...
> Mary, understood.  But I could "merge" postcards (Customization on the "back"
> the correct mailing address on the "front") in 03 without a problem...just
> wouldn't do it with other "custom" sizes.
>
> I didn't want to have to manipulate data for thousands of entries.  Its
> ironic that I was able to use this same list and merge the postcards, but now
> can't merge the name tags.
>
> Definitely frustrated...certainly there has to be a way/work around

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Duplex
Can anyone tell me how to print a brochure from Publisher using both sides of the page ?. All the examples seen to show one side only. I have a printer that will print both sides together but I am not sure how to set this up with publisher. I would greatly appreciate any help A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Don <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Can anyone tell me how to print a brochure from Publisher > using both sides of the page ?. All the examples seen to > show one side only. I have a printer that will print both &...

Error when sending e-mails from CRM (Server Error in '/' Applicati
i am getting below error message whenever sending email from CRM. could anyone help me in this regard. Runtime Error: Description:An Application errro occured on the server teh current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reason). it could, however be viewed by browser running on the local server machine. Regards, Syed. Run the application from server or check the event viewer application log for actual error details. Thanks Rakesh Narayan "SyedAbdulbasith" wrote: > i am getting ...

Inconsistent macro problem in excel
XP was rolled out at my work yesterday. Most of the excel file I work with have Visual Basic macros coded into them. (I use Excel 2002) Sometimes, I'll open a file, and it will give me the "Enable Macros?" prompt. This is normal, and what I want it to do. Sometimes, I'll open the same file, and it will give me no prompt. And if I try to run one of the macros, it tells me that the macros are disabled because the security is set to high. So, I go the macro security area to check it out...it's on medium, like it always is. I've found that the only consistent way ...

Mail encryption
We have a potential need to begin using mail encryption between our organization and our outside vendors. I have been researching the message encryption process and am more than a little confused. I know with Exchange there is the Key Management Server that can be installed to provide digital signatures and message encryption in conjuntion with making changes to Outlook and S/Mime settings. My questions: * Am I correct in understanding the above? * Does this only work for internal Exchange clients though or can it work when sending outbound Internet messages to non-Exchange clients as well...

Outlook 2003 lost show new mail alert
In Outlook 2003 I have lost the show new mail alert facility although it is ticked. I see the Outlook yellow square in my taskbar instead of the envelope. How can I fix this? Beemer Beemer <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 I have lost the show new mail alert facility although > it is ticked. I see the Outlook yellow square in my taskbar instead > of the envelope. Is it a matter of you using Windows XP and that XP is hiding the new mail icon? You can check this by right-clicking the Taskbar Notification Area and chooing Customize Notifications. Look for...

mail marge
I am trying to set up a mail merge for a custom sized post card. I have doen this with a newsletter but for some reason I am not getting all the options undere the menu and it is telling me my date store is invalid. It is one of the Access mdb files I used for the newsletter with no problem. Does anyone know what the trouble may be? never mind. I started a new one from scratch and copied and pasted the original into it and now all the mail merge functions are available. Go figure! >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to set up a mail merge for a custom sized post >c...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uslatest.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

External user receiving mail for internal distribution list
I am running Exchange 2003 enterprise. I have an external SMTP recipient that is receiving mail unwanted from one of our distribution lists. I have checked the distribution membership and they are all internal users. At first I thought one of the users might have some inbox assistant rule turned on that was auto forwarding all messages but when the external user receives the message it appears to be from the original sender and not from a user on the distribution list. I tried setting up a contact in the AD with the external user's SMTP address and setting it so that the contact...

MS CRM 3.0 Customer Case Problem
Dear CRM Experts, I have a problem with MS CRM 3.0: I want to create a web based form in our company website that customers create their Cases (tickets) by it and we (I and my Tech. staff) response to them (Ticketing system). It seems for security reasons we shouldn’t allow CRM browsing outside of our Internal Network (Intranet). Please help me how can present solution for this problem. Best Regards, Mohsen Ahmadi You have a couple of options. There are third-party apps that will let you integrate CRM with your website, but with 3.0 you would probably need to purchase the External C...

Date and time / separate
I have one field in the table: startdateandtime I have 3 textboxes on the form: txtstartdateandtime txtstartdate txtstarttime txtstartdateandtime is bound to the table field and is not visible. txtstartdate and txtstarttime are meant to make it easier for the user than a single field would be. On the AfterUpdate events of both txtstartdate and txtstarttime I use the following: Me.txtStartdateandtime = CDate(Nz(Me.txtStartdate, 0)) + TimeValue(Nz(Me.txtStarttime, "00:00:00")) Me.Repaint to put the entered values into the bound field (and then into the table). This works. B...

Publisher 2007 duplexing problem
Hello, I'm having a problem trying to get Publisher 2007 to print anything double-sided in my Toshiba eStudio 210C printer (networked, not connected directly). Whenever I try, I get a duplexing wizard that makes me manually turn over the paper. In Publisher 2003, I was able to print on both sides without an issue but when I upgraded I encountered this problem. Could someone help? --Nick Nick, Take a look at the Toshiba Support website for an updated printer driver. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Nick Schwartz" <schwartz@ypsilibrary.org> wrote in message news:uARN79...

Outlook Default Mail Prog?
I have 3 users on my PC running XP Home, I am using Outlook 2002, and the rest of my family run Outlook Express. Now when they look on and launch Outlook Express they get a message saying OE is not their default email prog, if you click yes to make it so, the next time I log on I get Outlook is not you default email and news reader. Is there a way of having my system set so my family can use OE and I use Outlook? TIA -- Remove Nospam to reply Only one e-mail program can be the default on that machine. If you want Outlook to be the default, you'll have to ask the OE users to answer ...

GAL and pst merge...possible?
We merged 2 companies together. I have been given a pst file that contains all the contacts from one of the companies. Is it possible to somehow import that pst file (contacts) into the current GAL? If so how? I have searched and searched for info and now I am chasing my own tail. Thanks for any responses. (BTW fairly new to Exchange, have worked on a Domino/Notes system for the past several years). System is SBS2003 w/Exchange 2003 Has been suggested that the best way is to do it via the use of Public folders. Thoughts or comments on this idea? Thanks in advance! 1 word: ExMerge.ex...

Publishing to excel server with office 2007 rtm
Hi all, Is it me or the publishing menu for excel services has disappeared from excel 2007 rtm?. It was there in beta2 and beta2 tech refresh but i cannot find it in the rtm version. The help file even shows that it should be under the "Publish" menu but cannot find it. "Click Microsoft Office Button , click the arrow next to Publish, and then click Excel Services under Distribute the document to other people." Am i missing something or do i need to install a different pack? Thanks. Sergio Apparently, you need Office Professional Plus 2007. -- HTH Bob Phillips ...

CRM 3.0 Unlinking E-mails
Just had a question. Using CRM 3.0 in Outlook Client and I opened an e-mail in my inbox, then clicked Track in CRM and associated it with a contact using the Regarding, but realized after reading he e-mail that it should not be in CRM. How do I unlink it or disassociate it? Do I jsut delete the message in History for the contact, but if I would do that, the icon and the e-mail in Outlook Inbox still shows that it is associated and viewable in CRM. Thanks! Shauna ...

Booklet Duplex
I have a 32 page booklet I am printing it on 11 X 17 so two pages per sheet, no problem there it seems to be working very wekk just when I go to print it screws up, I open up print properties I am working with a big Ricoh Aficio 2035e PCL 6 an office printer Duplex works I have used it before with word and Excel and what not jsut for some reason in publisher when I select print and put it on duplex it wont work it will print it out all one sided... any ideas? Is your driver current? This will not be a Publisher issue. Go to the Ricoh web site and look around for an updated driver or help....

No e-mail entry under MY Work
No e-mail entry under MY Work Solved the problem. For some reason some of my Sales users were set for Service. Changed from Service to Sales in the Workspace Options. "Yoram" wrote: > No e-mail entry under MY Work ...

Problem using Allen Browne Calendar
Hi, I am using Access 2003. I am trying to use Allen Browne's amazing pop-up calendar to enter dates into my forms. I have done all I could according to the instructions. I have imported the form and the module and copied the button to my form. When I click on the button, it opens the calendar and all appears to be working, but when I select a date and click OK, there is no change in the textbox which I am using to keep my date info. The textbox in question is selected and the default date (today's date) is highlighted, but no changes are made. Can anyone please t...

Scrollbar problem
When i use scrollbars in any window that needs it, somethimes i get a bug, this is when the window is resized the scrollbar can be used, but it presents the thumb size correctly, can anybody help me with this??? ...

outlook slows down reading mail.
I have just found out why outlook 2002 began to crawl while reading mail messages, etc. I finally tied the slowdowns to an Event Log Error about DCOM. The solution is in this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823661 (I am appending my original post to this message.) Thanks to everyone who answered--even though they didn't come up with the solution. ============ Original post: Summary of hardware: Pentium 4, 1 gig. memory All scsi (39160, adaptec) Summary of software: xp pro service pack 1 and all critical upgrades xp office pro all critical upgrades....

outlook 2007 issue
I am used to having my newest emails at the bottom of the screen and the scroll bar defaulting to the bottom as well. I cannot seem to do that in Outlook 2007/ try changing the sort order - click on the field called Newest on Top to switch to Oldest on Top -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Windows mail
My computer did an automatic update on windows vista. Now all my emails have disappeared and I am unable to send or receive email. I have accessed my email from my service provider through the web. Does anybody know what happened and how to fix this problem. I don't know how anybody can notify me if my Windows Mail is not not sending or receiving messages See here for background: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and see point 3 = here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 The messages are stored as eml files, so search for *.eml and see if you = can find them outside of Winmail. ...

AL problem
I have created a new AL under All address list, and i have a problem: i can see the members on preview in Exchange System Manager but i can't see them in outlook address book (i can see the folder but not the members) p.s. the members are in a subdomain in which i can't view and manage the mailbox store (i think for connecting misconfiguration...) Thank all. Is that subdomain domainprepped? Good way to check that is to see if those users have Exchange-generated email addresses. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do no...

Problem when pasting text from Word into Mail
When I copy and paste text from Word 2004 into Apple Mail, Mail doubles the line returns. In other words, if in Word there is a single return (my intent is to start a new line immediately below the previous one) in mail the pasted text will show a double return (ie double spacing). This had previously happened to me when I was running Panther; after I queried on this board someone suggested that I use shift-option- command-v to paste, and this solved the problem. A few weeks ago I bought a new Mac Mini running Snow Leapard. Now the problem has returned, and using shift-option-com...

Code from 2003 no longer works on 2007
I barely know enough about Microsoft Access to get by and I created a program for work that keeps track of inventory and uses a visual basic code to pull up pictures in forms. This has always worked great on Access 2003 but since we upgraded to 2007 this no longer works. If anyone could please tell me what I need to do to this code to get it to work in 2007 I would greatly appreciate it. Option Compare Database Private Sub Form_Current() On Error GoTo err_Form_Current If Not Me!txtPicture = "" Or Not IsNull(Me!txtPicture) Then Me!Picture.Picture = GetPathPart & Me!txtPict...