drawing curves

I am trying to draw a curve following this Publisher Help:
< On the Objects toolbar, click AutoShapes , point to Lines, and then click
Curve .
In the publication, click where you want to start the curve, and then
continue to click wherever you want to add a curve.
Do one of the following:
To complete a shape, leaving it open, double-click.
To complete the shape by closing it, click near its starting point. >
I follow these instructions but I can't get it to work.
I expected to get a curve which would have a centre point that I could drag
into the curve shape I want.
Where am I going wrong?
chequer (6)

You are not doing anything wrong, Select the shape, right-click, edit points.
Close path will be in this dialogue too if the shape didn't automatically close.
Publisher's drawing tools are not the best.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"chequer" <chequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to draw a curve following this Publisher Help:
> < On the Objects toolbar, click AutoShapes , point to Lines, and then click
> Curve .
> In the publication, click where you want to start the curve, and then
> continue to click wherever you want to add a curve.
> Do one of the following:
> To complete a shape, leaving it open, double-click.
> To complete the shape by closing it, click near its starting point. >
> I follow these instructions but I can't get it to work.
> I expected to get a curve which would have a centre point that I could drag
> into the curve shape I want.
> Where am I going wrong?

mary-sauer (6480)
9/4/2007 10:23:46 AM
Thanks Mary,

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You are not doing anything wrong, Select the shape, right-click, edit points.
> Close path will be in this dialogue too if the shape didn't automatically close.
> Publisher's drawing tools are not the best.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "chequer" <chequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to draw a curve following this Publisher Help:
> > < On the Objects toolbar, click AutoShapes , point to Lines, and then click
> > Curve .
> > In the publication, click where you want to start the curve, and then
> > continue to click wherever you want to add a curve.
> > Do one of the following:
> > To complete a shape, leaving it open, double-click.
> > To complete the shape by closing it, click near its starting point. >
> > I follow these instructions but I can't get it to work.
> > I expected to get a curve which would have a centre point that I could drag
> > into the curve shape I want.
> > Where am I going wrong?

chequer (6)

a new drawing not erase previous drawing?
visual studio c++ 6.0, mfc, graphics in my program a new drawing erases previous drawing. How to manage that all that is drawn stays alive on the window? And is not erased when the window is covered by another window, as well. And that the image does not flicker... Those last two have from time to time appeared in my attempts to solve the first problem. And that I didn't manage at all - make the first drawing, then the second, see them both at the same time on the window. I have tried the following and maybe more: Invalidate(false), InvalidateRect(false), override OnEraseBkgnd, ...

Bell Curve Chart
I have 2 columns of data - see below. My boss wants me to create a bell curve chart, but if I use the chart wizard and select "Line" from the Standard Types tab then my chart has steep angles. I reviewed Article 213930 "How To Create A Bell Curve Chart" - 4 pages of complicated how to's and got hung up on the first page. Can anyone provide me with some easy to follow instructions? A-1 11 A-2 16 A-3 23 B-1 60 B-2 32 B-3 18 C-1 9 C-2 4 C-3 2 Try using an XY chart with smoothed lines. As for creating a Bell Curve Chart - those are the simples...

how to draw a bitmap transparently?
Hi, I have an owner draw button associated with a bitmap. In the bitmap editor, I turn off the option "draw opaque" for the bitmap. That is, I make it transparent. However, the the bitmap's background color still shows up on the button. The bitmap has only a solid circle in the middle. What else do I have to do? Please help. Thanks. Tony One thing you can do--and this works only for some restricted cases, which you may or may not have--is to make the button background 192,192,192, and when you LoadImage, you specify LR_MAP3DCOLORS. It will change the 192,192,192 to...

owner draw CListBox, how to draw "no item found"
Hello, I have an owner draw listbox, in the DrawItem I draw the items. If the listbox doesn't contain any item I would like to display a message "no item found" but this is no item, so DrawItem is the wrong place. Where should I do this? OnPaint, OnEraseBkgnd? I thought I would be able to do something like this for a test (just paint the window blue) but it's always white BOOL CmyListbox::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { if (m_pItemList.GetCount() < 1) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); pDC->FillSolidRect(rc,RGB(0,0,255)); return TRU...

Draw a horizontal line after the last record is printed on each pa
The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to accomodate text size changes. I would like to have a horizontal line drawn when last record finishes printing on the page and joins the end of the last vertical line to make a table. Please help. Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer There was at least one answer posted to your same question yesterday. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to > accomodate text size changes. I would like to ha...

How can I plot a normal distribution curve in Excel 2000
Hi anyone, I need to create a chart which is known as a bell curve. It shows the x axis as being -3 to 3, the y-axis is positioned at 0 on the x-axis, and is used to plot the mean. See Drawing a Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2004 In article <1EE51E74-9246-44C1-95E1-F20FE08414F3@microsoft.com>, Louise@discussions.microsoft.com says... > H...

Anyone want to draw roads?
Just thought that if anyone wants to do diagrams with roads or rivers as double lines then Jeff Lanam (this n/group) kindly provided me with this link to a free programme called OCAD. Its a tiny file, is EASY to use and the results can be exported as a .bmp into Publisher. www.ocad.com I asked on this newsgroup how to achieve this and many threads resulted, so thought I'd post the solution. Many thanks Jeff (see reply to your post) Chrissss........ Glad you solved your map problem. An interesting program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Drawing graphs on Modal dialogs
I've encounter a strange phenomenon: I have an MFC application that creates a child dialog using DoModal(). Within this child dialog I have a couple of buttons and a graph plot drawn within the area of a Cstatic using a third party API from GraphicsServer. This modal dialog has a minimize button, but when I minimize the dialog, the graph doesn't minimize with the dialog is always on top of the screen. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you think is is a GraphicsServer issue or a Microsoft issue? I've called Graphics Server and they say that they haven't countered my proble...

Where did the drawing go?
Visio 2003 SP2 with all the latest patches. I have an extensive floor plan created in a file. I renamed the page by double-clicking on the tab and replacing the name with 'Current'. I then added a page and called it 'Proposed'. The program hour-glassed for a bit which I thought was curious and then hung. I could close the program and since I did some editing on the file, I saved it when prompted. The next time I opened the file, the design was not visible and the scale was literally off the charts (it says X = - 46 ft., Y = 89478492 ft. 6, and if I go into Page Setup a...

How do I adjust a curve ?
I have a serie of experimental data (x1,...xn) and (y1, ..., yn). I plote the points on an XY chart and I try to fit the trendline. The equation of this trendline is like the following: f(x)=a*x^6 + b*x^5+c*x^4+....+h. But when i evalute the function f(x) in the each value of x, f(xi) I obtained a linear function that is different from the data tendency. What i am doing worng or how can i get the correct function of the plot. The plot of the experimental data is like the nromal distribution, and I need to obtain the area under the peak ? Is there any function on the excel that permit...

How to draw text always visible
Hi NG, I Have program which is drawing objects(PIPES)using the OPENGL. The labels for the for the PIPE is drawing using the GDI. The text colour for the labels is same that of the objects. The labels are usually positioned at out side of the pipe so that it will be visible always. But while rotating there are possibilities that the labels and objects coincide. I want to set the labels always visible with respect to the back ground colour. I used SetRop2() but it has no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated Best regards Raghuram.k ...

Owner draw main windows, will left some drawing on the background of the window, I want the reason and how to prevent this happen? 01-05-10
Hi, Everyone! Ownerdraw main window , I used SetWindowRgn to cut down the four corners, but there will left something drawing here when you drag the corners and borders to resized the window on the background of the main window. Only 3 corners of the four corners do this. I used HDC hWindowDC = GetWindowDC(); Draw the non client area on hWindowDC In class of WTL: class CMainFrame : public CFrameWindowImpl<CMainFrame>, public CUpdateUI<CMainFrame>, public CMessageFilter, public CIdleHandler Thanks a lot! Have a Happy New Year! begin 666 problem.JPG ...

dynamic chart- curve drops to zero ( Line)
Hi all i using following formula and description for the dynamic chart. Please do the needful In B1 = Project start date , C1= Mar-10 In B2= Project duration , C2= 30 ( which may vary) In B3= Project Cost , C3= 10000000 In C6=+IF(ROW()-ROW(C$6)+1<=C$2,DATE(YEAR(C$1),MONTH(C$1)+ROW()-ROW(C$6),DAY(C$1)),"") Till C50 In D5=IF(OR(B6="",B6=0),"",B6/$C$2) till d50 In e5=IF(OR(D6="",D6=0),"",IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*D6^2)*100,"")))), till E50 I...

How Draw a chart showing the following function: y=sin(x)
Can someone explain me how can i make this chart i excel? Remember i don't want use function to count! I want draw! Thanks for hel -- Pusie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PusieK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1621 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27630 For a variety of approaches adapt the ideas at Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm particularly the three sections: Enumerating a set of points in a worksheet Using...

Controlling drawings (a CM problem)
Can you save me the trouble? I'm looking for a cheap and easy tool to support the control of drawings (which in fact are currently Word documents) that describe hardware components and how they build up through sub-assemblies into assemblies and systems. It needs some version control at the drawing level, and a baselining function. I know we could do it with something like Dimensions, or maybe even ClearCase, but they're too big and expensive. If necessary. I'll write something myself in Access, but before I do, is there anything out there (freeware, shareware?) that migh...

How custam draw separator in custom draw menu
Good morning! I was obtain menu from handle and its submenu CMenu* mmenu = CMenu::FromHandle(m_hMyMenu); CMyMenu* submenu = (CMyMenu*)mmenu->GetSubMenu(1); ^^^^^^^^^ I was set that a item ID_FILE_NEW has flag MFT_OWNERDRAW MENUITEMINFO m_MenuItemInfo; m_MenuItemInfo.cbSize = sizeof (MENUITEMINFO); m_MenuItemInfo.fMask = MIIM_FTYPE; submenu->GetMenuItemInfo(ID_FILE_NEW,&m_MenuItemInfo); m_MenuItemInfo.fType |= MFT_OWNERDRAW; submenu->SetMenuItemInfo(ID_FILE_NEW,&m_MenuItemInfo); In function "void CMyMenu::DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct)" I w...

CTreeCtrl and custom draw
OK, so having given up on SetIndent() I'm having a look at custom draw ... The problem: Display a tree control with a long thing graphic for each item (say, 48 pixels wide, normal tree item height) plus text. I've read lots of articles on custom draw but nobody seems to do anything directly relevant. I seem to have discovered: (1) The only way to get the boxes and lines drawn for you (I have no reason to want to do these myself!) is to let CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT do its default drawing and tell it you want CDRF_NOTIFYPOSTPAINT and draw the item in CDDS_ITEMPOSTPAINT. (2) To avoid wasti...

drawing graph of function
How can I draw a graph of a function without first making a table? S can I make a graph by just giving the function -- wim rademaker ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wim rademakers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3013 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49831 wim rademakers wrote: > How can I draw a graph of a function without first making a table? So > can I make a graph by just giving the function? > > ------------ Make a table. Bill Hi, Hi are a few exam...

Drawings
Is visio good/detailed enough to draw a floor plans of a corporation? If not what do you recommend On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:28:48 -0700, Visio beginner <Visiobeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is visio good/detailed enough to draw a floor plans of a corporation? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Bow tie for Visio http://www.visio-bowtie.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Drawing in a View
Hi, I have a view which show a map of a city centre in which I display some icons to represent certain places of interest. I need to be able to have some sort of rectangular box away from each icon which has information regarding each place of interest. I am thinking of something like a messagebox like below ------------------ | | | INFO | | | ------------------ | | | | | | | | ...

how can I call the default drawing in owner draw
I have a CTabCtrl and want to do owner draw on it. But I just want to owner draw a part of the CTabCtrl, i.e. I just want to remove the bottom border edge of CTabCtrl, and I want the other part of CTabCtrl untouched. But how can I write the code to let other part(tab, left/right border) draw themselves same as MS do? Can MS let us call the default drawing functions of CTabCtrl? ...

How to draw line between to boxes
I am very new to Visio. I am trying to draw a flow chart. I have drawn the boxes and now I want to connect them by lines. There is an "Arrow" tab in left side pane for shpaes but it seams that it is something different. Where is the draw line command? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer Osaka, Japan On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:37:01 -0800, Khoshravan <khoshravan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am very new to Visio. I am trying to draw a flow chart. I have drawn the >boxes and now I want to connect them by lines. There is an "Arrow" tab in >left s...

drawing anywhere onscreen by using transparent window?
Hi, I am looking for an example of how to create a transparent window that I can position anywhere on the screen and draw to it using the GDI. So basically it would look like I am drawing on the screen over top of everything, but really I am just drawing to my transparent window. Anyone know how to do this and/or know where there is an example of how to do this? Thanks, gman you can make window with WS_POPUP style or use as a parent HWND_DESKTOP. Then override its OnEraseBkgnd and return TRUE - this should stop CWnd from filling background with white color. All drawing do in OnPai...

about some drawing
Hello! Below I have a method Form1_Paint that does some drawing on the screen. Now to my question what is the point to have a method AddRectangle in class GraphicsPath when class Graphics have the method DrawRectangle. In my example rows marked with 1 and 2 in the code draw identically rectangle. So why have methods in classes that is not necessary because in this case we already have DrawRectangle in class Graphics. private void Form1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e) { Graphics g = e.Graphics; Pen p = new Pen(Color.Red, 7); GraphicsPath...

how to draw picture like this?
http://progame.6600.org/bbs/images/upload/2003/08/08/132409.gif can visio do this job? or other software? That looks like a simple enough drawing for Visio - you will need simply play with the tool and select the correct Stencils for the figures. Check out some samples here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/evaluation/indepth/samples.asp >>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.<< >>Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. << >>Please use these newsgroups. << "progame" <progam...