Double Sided Printing #2

I create the bulletins for my church and just started using publisher.  I
created this has a greeting card and print front and back since we purchase
bulletins that alread have something printed on the front page.  Sometimes my
printer will pull two pages at once.  When I try to print the page that was
pulled in again, it does not print on the page as it should.  If I ask it to
print page 4, it prints on page one.  Has anyone else experienced this
problem and if so can you give me some tips?  Thanks!!
0
carall25 (1)

What version Publisher are you using?

Why not set it up as a booklet? Leave page one blank. If you are using Publisher
2007 and need to print only pages 1 and 4. File, print, on this this screen,
type 1, 4 in the page range.
You can be certain it is going to print correctly if you click print preview on
the print screen.

If you want to be sure to print only page 4, create a rectangle, fill it with
white, no line, cover page one with the box.

If you are using any other version of Publisher, to only print page four, you
will have to do what I suggested, cover page one with a white box. Go to page
four, print, current page, Click *no* to the query.

I can only assume you are having feed issues with your duplex unit and probably
need to fix your printer. I have had this problem in the past with my laser.
www.fixyourownprinter.com is very good and has parts for many printers. If the
printer is complex they will send a cd along with visual instructions.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"carall25" <carall25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I create the bulletins for my church and just started using publisher.  I
> created this has a greeting card and print front and back since we purchase
> bulletins that alread have something printed on the front page.  Sometimes my
> printer will pull two pages at once.  When I try to print the page that was
> pulled in again, it does not print on the page as it should.  If I ask it to
> print page 4, it prints on page one.  Has anyone else experienced this
> problem and if so can you give me some tips?  Thanks!!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

2 seperate Amex accounts
My wife and I have 2 seperate Amex accounts. In Money 2003, it wants to link the both to the same online access for Amex. But they are two different accounts, with different user ID's and passwords. I know it must be a simple adjustment, any help is appreciated. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >My wife and I have 2 seperate Amex accounts. In Money 2003, it wants to >link the both to the same online access for Amex. But they are two >different accounts, with different user ID's and passwords. I know it must >be a simple adjustment, any help is appre...

printing a directory #2
When I print the directory I made using merge, the document doesnt print in the order shown on the screen. I want the directory to print landscape and be folded booklet style, but the print order seems random. Help! -- slwsmith What version Publisher are you using? How are you setting up the data? If you are using Publisher 2003 or 07 use the catalog merge and designate one across. You can also create a new publication and manually edit the entries. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "slwsmith" <slwsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0423C3-...

POS 2.0
How do you receive case of soda and sell in case lot, 12 pack, six pack and single? Does POS 2.0 have "parent items"? Yes there are parent items - create the child item & then go to the properties for this item - special tab - set parent item - set child quantity "frabs" wrote: > How do you receive case of soda and sell in case lot, 12 pack, six pack and > single? Does POS 2.0 have "parent items"? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0253_01C82AD1.E1E127E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Conte...

Print #4
How to print a document without printing the page breaks Hi not sure what you mean with this. you have some pagebreaks anyway? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany BB_queen wrote: > How to print a document without printing the page breaks Maybe you could just remove the pagebreaks before you print. I'd save the workbook the way I really want it, remove the pagebreaks, print, then close without saving (to restore the pagebreaks). BB_queen wrote: > > How to print a document without printing the page breaks -- Dave Peterson ...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

GDI+ Save Background and Printing
Hi, I'm using GDI+ for devoloping a Graph XY object. I use a graphics associated to a bitmap Graphics graphics(dc->m_hDC); Bitmap bmpZone(rZone.Width(), rZone.Height()); Graphics* gZone = Graphics::FromImage(&bmpZone); and I draw into gZone then I "paste" into original graphics. graphics.DrawImage(&bmpZone, 0, 0) I have two kinds of problems 1) I'd like to use transparency so, I think, I need to save the background of the area before start painting (I need to repaint because I allow the user to zoom certain part of the graph). Is this the right way ...

Delay in receiving Email #2
We recently upgraded all of our workstations to Win XP w/SP2. They are running Office 2000 w/Outlook 2K. Since the upgrade I have several clients complaining that there is a delay of up to 15 minutes before they receive their incoming email. I have tested this and have proven this to be true. I can send an email to the person sitting next to me, it shows up in my sent items, meaning that it handed it off to the server. I can check the server and nothing appears in the queues. Has anyone experienced this before? Again they are using Outlook 2000 with XP Pro SP2. Do you have the lates...

GP ver 10 SP 2
Hi Folks I am testing in the Fabrikam company and I have been able to duplicate an error that is happening at my client in their live data. I capture a PO for stock code 100XLG for a qty of 2 at an extended cost of ..25c. The system displays the .25c as the extended cost but it displays ..26c as the 'Remaining PO Subtotal' value. The PO on 'blank' form also prints up a total of .26c. It's fine if I use an extended cost of .24c or .26c and I understand that as the maths division works out fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Thankx in advan...

Formulas #2
When i am on excel i need help with the formula's. How can find out how to dsums? Hi Suzanne, > When i am on excel i need help with the formula's. How can find out how to dsums? > You might try Help? If you need a function, hit the equal sign and then press F3 (brings up the function wizard). Browse the functions, read their help and get back here if you have more questions. No need for functions to do normal math though: =A1*B1+C1*D1 This adds the product of cells A1 and B1 to the product of cells C1 and D1 =SUM(A1:A10) sums the cells A1 to A10. Regards, Jan Karel P...

Device I/O Error #2
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003. When I open a workbook, create a macro, save close and re-open the worksheet, a second entry for the same projec appears in the Project Explorer Window of the VBE. Each time I clos and re-open a sheet, but without actually closing Excel itself, a ne duplicate of the Project is in the window. I eventually get a serie of "Device I/O Error" messages, before a crash that on AutoRecover ha wipes out all my Userforms, modules and sheet code. Anyone else experience this? Any advice on what to do muc appreciated. Cheers Gromi -- Gromi -------------------...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

all the cells in excell put 2 decimal points in all numbers no ma.
i have to put 5 diget numbers in excel i format the cell to general and i get a number with 2 decimal points for me to enter 68555 i have to enter it as 68555.00 to get it to due away with the decimal point i reinstalled excel 2ooo but i can't seam to get it to go back to what it use to be. this problem justed popped up . never did this before Sounds like you need to turn off fixed decimals, if I understand your problem. Use Tools/Options/Edit and deselect Fixed Decimals. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "carroll616" <carroll616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

printing checks with account name and number
I can not seem to figure out how to print checks and have the account name, number and the bank it is drawn on printed on the check. HELP! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=39. "Lynn" <lwalk3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3b5f01c4729c$e2f554d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can not seem to figure out how to print checks and have > the account name, number and the bank it is drawn on > printed on the check. > HELP! ...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

printing invoices to pdf files
I want to print invoices to pdf files using Access. The data will come from my SQL tables that are part of my business software. I want to make pdf files out of the invoices so I can email them to customers as they are requesting. What I want to do is print the invoices as usual in the business software and then have Access 'print' them to individual pdf files (by invoice number). I was thinking I could have a do while or something like that in code to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction? I can do the report layout and have made pdf files before using ConvertRepo...

2 personal folder listings and duplicates
Hi. When I have Outlook open at home, when I have the Mail selected, it shows Favorite Folders and All Mail Folders. Under All Mail folders it shows two seperate Personal Folders and the contents appear the same. When I view my Contacts, it shows things twice: Contacts Contacts in Personal Folders FriendEmail FriendEmail in Personal Folders ToDo ToDo in Personal Folders etc..... How can I get rid of the other Personal Folders entry and the duplicate entries in my contacts? Thanks. Bryce. ...

Installing Outlook beta 2
I have a PC with Office 97 and Office 2000 installed. I only really use the MS Access elements of each Office version but they must stay on there. If I install the Office 2003 beta, can I keep these earlier versions of MS Access on there? I seem to recall that the beta CD doesn't make it so easy to keep earlier Office versions on there. I am only looking to have Outlook 2003 from the Office 2003 beta. That is all my need. Regards, Jon There's no Office 2003 beta that I know of - it's Outlook only. Jon wrote: > I have a PC with Office 97 and Office 2000 installed. I only r...

Investments #2
I am evaluating Money 2004 and was wondering if there was a way to track my gold and silver bullion acquisions and auto update pricing like you can for stocks In microsoft.public.money, DKAllen wrote: >I am evaluating Money 2004 and was wondering if there was >a way to track my gold and silver bullion acquisions and >auto update pricing like you can for stocks No. ...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

why does excel scale picture when printing?
when printing, pictures come out of printer deformed, i.e. scaled disproportionaly - with more wide than tall. why is it so? is there some tool where I might stop it? it may be just excess background on your picture that your printer preference may be trying to get to fit on that one page. Try cropping by using the format picture until you can see excel gridlines on all four sides. Check with print preview. Also may need to adjust page breaks. "kkrpan" wrote: > when printing, pictures come out of printer deformed, i.e. scaled > disproportionaly - with more wide than ta...

Outlook 2002 Installation Problem #2
I installed my Outlook 2002 when I attempted to start it it refused to start giving me this message: "unable to open your default e-mail folders. The DLL file for the infrmation service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Do you have any ideas for me Will Decker wdecker2@cox.net Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

cell header for each page print out
Hi - I want to be able to have a row of cells to be a header row for each page - I want this row of cells to align with the column.. I looked at the Header feature but it did not allign with the cells... How do I get a row header (aligned with the cell columns) to print out for each page? Thanks brent Brent File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to Repeat at Top Enter 1:1 or just point to row 1. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:31:27 -0800, "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote: >Hi - I want to be able to have a row of cells to be a header row f...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...