documents made in publisher always are multiplied when sent by e-m

When I make an publicaton in publisher and then send it to e-mail, it will
always duplictate the same message and put it below the original.  If it's a
poster, the original will appear at the top of the e-mail and then a copy of
it will appear immediately below it and skewed to the left so that some of it
is cut off.

I just want that duplicated item gone.  I can't edit it out once it's in
Outlook, and the second doesn't appear when in publisher, even in the preview.

Any ideas?  I need help on this bigtime!
0
bunyan (2)

What version Publisher?
Your best bet would be composing your HTML email within Outlook.
Or converting the publication to a PDF, sending as an attachment. There is a
free save as PDF add-in here if you are using 2007. Otherwise do a search for a
free PDF converter, there are many.
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
Or converting the publication to a .jpg. Look at Tools, Options, Web tab.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"bunyan" <bunyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I make an publicaton in publisher and then send it to e-mail, it will
> always duplictate the same message and put it below the original.  If it's a
> poster, the original will appear at the top of the e-mail and then a copy of
> it will appear immediately below it and skewed to the left so that some of it
> is cut off.
>
> I just want that duplicated item gone.  I can't edit it out once it's in
> Outlook, and the second doesn't appear when in publisher, even in the preview.
>
> Any ideas?  I need help on this bigtime!

0
mary.sauer (2018)
8/26/2009 1:01:31 PM
I am using Publisher 2003 (out of Office 2003).  I can convert it into a PDF,
but some quality is definitely lost in the transition.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the duplicate?  If I look in
e-mail preview, it shows the duplicate there as well, so I doubt it is an
outlook issue.  Seems to be a Publisher issue.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher?
> Your best bet would be composing your HTML email within Outlook.
> Or converting the publication to a PDF, sending as an attachment. There is a
> free save as PDF add-in here if you are using 2007. Otherwise do a search for a
> free PDF converter, there are many.
> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
> Or converting the publication to a .jpg. Look at Tools, Options, Web tab.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "bunyan" <bunyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I make an publicaton in publisher and then send it to e-mail, it will
> > always duplictate the same message and put it below the original.  If it's a
> > poster, the original will appear at the top of the e-mail and then a copy of
> > it will appear immediately below it and skewed to the left so that some of it
> > is cut off.
> >
> > I just want that duplicated item gone.  I can't edit it out once it's in
> > Outlook, and the second doesn't appear when in publisher, even in the preview.
> >
> > Any ideas?  I need help on this bigtime!

0
bunyan (2)

Styles change by themselves in publisher
When I delete unwanted Styles from Publisher 2003, they reappear next time I open the document. Styles I create change themselves - different fonts, sizes and paragraph spacings. This is driving me nuts and wasting hours of time. I can't find anything in Help! Why does this happen and how do I lock in styles to a particular document? When you change a text style in one publication, Publisher doesn't update the style in other publications. But you can open another publication and import the updated style into the first publication. You can import styles you've used in anoth...

Sent Email Disappears
We are using Outlook 2002: SP2 and Exchange 2000: SP3 running on a Windows 2000 server: SP4. I have two users who occassionally have their sent email disappear. The email never arrives at it's destination and it does not bounce back as undeliverable. I have emailed from their PC's to certain recipients and the recipient says they never receive the email. I can go to the user next door and email the same people and they receive the email just fine. When I look at the Exchange server, the email leaves the building just fine with no error messages. Any help would be appreciat...

after installing publisher 2002 can't uninstall home publisher and picture it
Hello everyone, I installed publisher 2002 and picture it 2002. I thought these would override the Home Publisher and Picture it 2001. But it didn't. Now, I have all these programs and when i try to remove the older versions I get these error messages: setup is unable to find the works service pkg... fatal error during installation I'm afraid to load the works and any other necessary programs without some technical advice. I don't want to make my situation worse. How do I remove these old files now? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks so much. Whilst attempti...

How can I cancel a task pane in Publisher?
-- VP You can't... You can tear it off and re-size it to very small and drag it to a less intrusive part of your screen. Publisher will remember this next time you open Publisher. Just remember any task you need to do such as merge, you will have to drag the task pane back, it will expand on its own. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "VP" <VP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD37F687-595C-40AF-AC5D-C9DB5867A215@microsoft.com... > > -- > VP ...

Forwarding reply received without it including original mail sent
How do I forward the reply mail received without it including the original text sent in the first place?? ...

Are you able to convert a MS Publisher prepared doc into MS Word?
I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is it possible to then go and convert this document into a Word document? As the internal database that we use can only accept Word docs as attachments. ShuGill wrote: > I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to > one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was > to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is > it possible to then go and convert this document into...

get computer name, desktop and my document
I would like to get computer name, desktop and mydocuments folder using VBA for my applications. Any function available to do this task? Your information is great appreciated, See http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0009.htm at "The Access Web" for how to get the computer name, and http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0054.htm for how to get the location of special folders such as Desktop and MyDocuments. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "iccsi" <inungh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1f8...

1500 page Publisher document won't open
I have created a large Publisher document...three times, no less, and can't get the document open after closing it. The message I get says: Publisher can't open this document. What's going on? HELP. I am tired of typing this thing...Ü Considering I've never seen a dialog box that says "Publisher can't open this document", I suspect it says a bit more. What version of Publisher are you using? I also kind of doubt that you've retyped 1500 pages three times. I'd bet you've done something a bit simpler. What did you do to create a documen...

auto fill e-mail address
In Outlook Express I used to be able to enter just the first few letters of an e-mail address in the "To" box and it would automatically fill in the rest. However, now I'm using MS Outlook and I can't figure out how to set it to do the same. Can someone tell me how? Thanks. Only Outlook 2002 and 2003 have this feature and only if you've sent a message to the person before. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Ac...

Publisher Clip Art
Is there a way I can view all the clipart available besides pulling up each one individually? Or is there an index available that describes each one? Thanks.....Lee All Microsoft products have a catalog where you can view the clipart in index form. I assume you are using some version of Publisher, what happens when you click insert on the toolbar, clipart? You may not have installed the Gallery/Organizer. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Why can't I see pictures when inserted in documents in Publisher?
When I try to insert a picture into a Publisher document, or receive publisher docs with pictures in them, I don't see the pictures on the screen. They are there as the boundary box for the picture is visible, and I can actually save the picture as a file and view the jpeg. I have checked the view - picture - display options and they are set up OK i.e. view detailed image. Also send image back/forward, but still no joy. Can anyone help me here . . . please?? Help and solution here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=P...

i cant find my email documents
After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot find all my past email. it gives a socket error number 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E Please help "bAyai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b3e101c4373f$9fc2fd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot > find all my past email. it gives a socket error number > 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E > Please help If you uninstall it, does the error go away? ...

Page won't show whole document unit you scroll
When I open a Excel 2007 document or Outlook 2007 evrything won't show on the page until I scroll down. I mean in excel it will only show about the first 10 lines or so, then if you move the mouse down then the whole page will show up. I have played with the refresh rate. I am out of ideas on how to fix. I work with the US Army and have about 5 machines that are doing the same thing. ...

transfer contact info to Word document?
I have Outlook 2003. I have a large list of people in my address book/contact list, and I need to transfer the data on each, ie: e-mail, telephone number, street address etc. from my address book/contact list to a Word document, which I can e-mail. Is there a simple way to accomplish this so I don't have to manually type all the info? - Dan mail merge, using the catalog option if you want to have it all in one doc. Select the contacts and use Tools, Mail merge from outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

E-mail ownership not correct
When I write an e-mail and copy or blind copy in another user the ownership of the e-mail is given to the copied user. Wy is this happening and how do I stop it? Doesn't happen on our end. Was installation ok and updates applied? Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "ril" wrote: > When I write an e-mail and copy or blind copy in another user the ownership > of the e-mail is given to the copied user. > > Wy is this happening and how do I stop it? Yes, roll up 1 installed. Working well otherwise. "Frank Lee" wrote: > Doesn't happen on ...

automatically insert table into lots of separate word documents
Hi, i need to insert a table (from ms word or excel) into 250,000 ms word documents. this table needs to be inserted into page 1 of each of the documents. i am using ms wood 2003. Is there any software or quick method to do this ? thanks You could use a modification of the method in the See the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins -...

Can't move e-mails with attachments
Outlook will not allow some users to move messages out of their Inbox into other folders. These messages all have attachments on them. This does not happen to all users. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I would very much appreciate you help. Thanx ...

e-connect, division won't post to GP database
Hi, I am working on the last field we need to get working for our Great Plains data transfer which is division. The field name is called DIVISIONCODE_I. The field makes it to the xml file which econnect uses to insert into the database for great plains but it doesn't make it to the table and it isn't giving me an exception error. The division codes i'm using are all set up in the great plains database. Any help on this would be appreciated. thank you -- AHIhelp AHIhelp: I had the same issue on previous version of eConnect (if you are talking about the DIVISIONCODE_I pa...

Problem with hyperlink within in a Publisher doc converted to PDF.
I am creating a two-page, email-able flyer to attach to a chain email to specified prospects. Naturally, the flyer has my personal return email address in the contact section on the second page. I used the hyperlink feature in Publisher to allow recepients to simply click my email address to initiate a direct inquiry. However, I have discovered that whenever I send a trail email with the intention of double-checking my hyperlinks, once the Oultlook Send Page opens, the 'Send To' address line has my email address - as it should - but preceded with the prefix 'mailto:'....

Does Publisher have more advertising templates to download?
I'm looking to work with advertising templates for newspaper print ads. Does MS have any place that you can download ad templates for use? Or do you know of any other sites that you can download any type of templates for advetising print ads? Thanks Have you checked MS's website? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mlccon" <Mlccon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FA71BB1-8149-4DC3-AEA8-DEF8D7D1A978@microsoft.com... > I'm looking to work with advertising templates for newspaper print ads. > Does > MS have any place that...

Why are characters missing from my document when I print?
I have a word document that does not print correctly. All i's are showing as capital letters, and all zero's are missing. The document print previews correctly, but when it goes to the printer it is wrong. Sounds like a damaged font. Have you tried choosing a different one? Also, you could try reinstalling the printer driver. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Construction secretary" <Construction secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63DEC94E-C56A-4C11-8317-3AF275B134EC@microsoft.com... >I have a word document that doe...

Viewing Files from Older Publisher Versions
Dumb question...recently received update to Publisher - now have 2000 installed, however have files that were created with older versions on my computer. How do i view these files, or update, whatever?..... Publisher should be able to open files created on current version and those versions prior. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "leroygarcia" <leroygarcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1417A95B-3EAA-4128-B250-9C62AED036AA@microsoft.com... > Dumb question...recently received update to Publisher - now have 2000 > installed, however have f...

How can I find a text box that has disappeared due to resizing (M.
In MS Excel 97 or 2000 if a text box (autoshape) is resized somehow so that is no longer visible, how can you find it (and delete it) on the worksheet. I've apparently got several lengthy text strings in text boxes I can't see, but the spell checker obviously "sees" them because I'm getting prompted to correct spelling errors in them. I'd like to delete the text boxes, but I can't find the darn things. To select specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool to one of your toolbars: Choose Tools>Customize Select the Comm...

publisher 98 #7
I am trying to open a publisher file sent to me but cannot open in my version. The file sent to me says it is to open with publisher 95 version 5. I have XP but publisher 98, is there any way i can convert the file from my end or do i need to get the originator to do it. Hi Tammy (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to open a publisher file sent to me but || cannot open in my version. The file sent to me says it is || to open with publisher 95 version 5. I have XP but || publisher 98, is there any way i can convert the file || fro...

Read Receipt Header not being sent
Here is the issue: If I send from the internet requesting a read receipt to our Exchange 2000 and our Exchange 2003 org, it works with no issue, but when I send to our Exchange 5.5 org, it does not work. Now. When I look at the message header on the 5.5 account I do see the "Disposition-notification-to" field on the message I sent from the net so its not being stripped. Whats even more wierder is when I send from the 5.5 account to the net with read receipt. Instead of the field saying "Disposition-notification-to", it says "Delivery-receipt-to" and it d...