Document with colour and black and white pages

I print a regular A4 size newsletter using Pub 2003.  The first page is
colour and the following five are black and white.
Our printer/copier is provided by a contractor who charges us about 20 cents
per colour page and 1.5 cents per black and white.
My problem is that when I print my newsletter, even though the only colour
elements are on the front page, all the other pages come out greyscale.  The
look pretty much the same as black and white, but we are charged for colour.
I have tried changing an individual page to black and white using page
setup, but this has a global effect changing my front page to black and white.
Is there a way to have my document print with the colour and black and white
combination?
Thanks.
0
Daggly (1)

no. you'd need to do it as separate files one for b&w the other for color,
but if it's set up as a 4 page booklet with an insert and the cover page is
color you're gonna get charged for color for those 4 pages....although I'm
not sure how you're coming up with 5 pages to begin with...are they separate
one sided sheets maybe?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Daggly" <Daggly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I print a regular A4 size newsletter using Pub 2003.  The first page is
> colour and the following five are black and white.
> Our printer/copier is provided by a contractor who charges us about 20
> cents
> per colour page and 1.5 cents per black and white.
> My problem is that when I print my newsletter, even though the only colour
> elements are on the front page, all the other pages come out greyscale.
> The
> look pretty much the same as black and white, but we are charged for
> colour.
> I have tried changing an individual page to black and white using page
> setup, but this has a global effect changing my front page to black and
> white.
> Is there a way to have my document print with the colour and black and
> white
> combination?
> Thanks.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
9/8/2009 3:17:21 AM
You could make them separate files.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Daggly" <Daggly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I print a regular A4 size newsletter using Pub 2003.  The first page is
> colour and the following five are black and white.
> Our printer/copier is provided by a contractor who charges us about 20
> cents
> per colour page and 1.5 cents per black and white.
> My problem is that when I print my newsletter, even though the only colour
> elements are on the front page, all the other pages come out greyscale.
> The
> look pretty much the same as black and white, but we are charged for
> colour.
> I have tried changing an individual page to black and white using page
> setup, but this has a global effect changing my front page to black and
> white.
> Is there a way to have my document print with the colour and black and
> white
> combination?
> Thanks.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
9/8/2009 3:26:05 AM
got your email.

you'd have to create page 1 (the color page) as a separate file, then the
other 5 as grayscale in another file.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression Web

"Daggly" <Daggly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I print a regular A4 size newsletter using Pub 2003.  The first page is
> colour and the following five are black and white.
> Our printer/copier is provided by a contractor who charges us about 20
> cents
> per colour page and 1.5 cents per black and white.
> My problem is that when I print my newsletter, even though the only colour
> elements are on the front page, all the other pages come out greyscale.
> The
> look pretty much the same as black and white, but we are charged for
> colour.
> I have tried changing an individual page to black and white using page
> setup, but this has a global effect changing my front page to black and
> white.
> Is there a way to have my document print with the colour and black and
> white
> combination?
> Thanks.

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Rotate page buttons grayed out
I've dragged a landscape pdf into onenote and need to rotate it, but the rotate buttons are grayed out. Any ideas? Curt wrote: > I've dragged a landscape pdf into onenote and need to rotate it, but > the rotate buttons are grayed out. The rotate tool only works for drawings. For images the "Image Rotator Powertoy"[1] will do the job. When importing PDFs and other things the "Printout Manager" Powertoy[2] will be of help too. HTH Rainald [1] http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/12/14/image-rotator-powertoy-for-onenote-2007.aspx [2...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

how do I stop re-calculated fields in excel from going "black"
When I change any cells in my excel spreadsheet and the sheet re-calculates any affected cells go black i.e. I can't see the new calculated figures in these cells? If I hit "F2 and then enter" the cell goes back to normal i.e I can see things normally? Hi there Pat, I assume you are using office 2003, You might want to set your calculations to manual. Tools>Options>Calculations : Then set to manual Hope this works for you Regards Garreth -- Thank you and Regards Garreth Lombard "Pat" wrote: > When I change any cells in...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

changing default fill for balck and white pie graph
Working in excel 2003, I have created a black and white pie graph and want to change the fill options for each slice of the pie. Excel defaults are not pleasing to me Hi, You need to select the pie, pause and then select the slice. CTRL+1 to display format dialog. On the Patterns tab you can use the Fill Effects button to select appropriate pattern. Repeat to other slices. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "fish head" <fish head@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE6DE23-176C-4C33-8F56-C5FF20BB123B@microsoft.com....

data access pages SLOW to load
I have some Data Access pages made in Access 2000 located on a shared drive. How is it possible to speed up the databinding? Is it in any way possible to keep the connection to the database open when moving from page to page, or when reloading a page? -- justme0010 ...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

Positioning Page Numbers
We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right hand corner of the page. The Excel charts will be included as part of a Word report so we want the page setups to look the same. In Excel we cannot find a way to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page as they are in Word. I can do this with numbers on the left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move the page numbers in from the right hand side. Any ideas? seems so simple, but...... Kathy the only way I can think of that gets close is as...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

Saving web pages as php...
I have currently got an upgrade from office 2000 to XP due to getting new computer. On 2000 I used to save a range of cells as webpages an change the file name so it ends in php and not htm. Now Excel XP i being an ass and automatically deleting the php bit and replacing i with htm - is there anyway I can save the file as .php -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

Move pages from document to document?

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...

How to dsiplay Word Document inside a control in WinForms Applicat
Can I display word document in Windows Form Panel Control or any other control ? Here objective is not display word document as seperate application but show the word document inside the windows Form. Thanks, --Israr Hi, I think we can do this using OLE control(VB). Thanks, Senthil. S -- senthilkumarabi ...

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...

How to change document template
How it is possible to change internal documentation template for "reports" in UML software section??? I want to add there me own template ...

Panton colour for wordart
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the colour of WordArt text as a Pantone colour, as apposed to the list of pre defined colours? I can do it quite easily in Publisher 2003, but am really having trouble in Pub 2000. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions Dan Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Does anyone know if it is possible to set the colour of WordArt text > as a Pantone colour, as apposed to the list of pre defined colours? > I can do it quite easily in Publisher 2003, but am really having > trouble in Pub 2000. Pu...

Alternating background row colour
I have a spreadsheet with a list of outlet names and various associated information. I want to have an alternating background colour when the name changes. For example Name Details abc this is the details abc more details abc even more details xyz xyz details xyz more details test test so for the above example, the background colour of abc would be the same, then it would alternate when the name changes to xyz, and then change again for test. The spreadsheet i have has several tens of thousands of entries an...

scanning handwriten document into editable digital document
Just like voicve recognition software that converts voice text into editable digital document, searching for software that will do some akin, but instead of being voice data its handwritten document to be scanned into editable text document. Juan E. Jimenez itsi@prtc.net San Juan, Puerto Rico ...

Colours in Print preview?
Hi I have 16 pages in a workbook All of them have a few rows coloured for clarity. However, only one page shows the coloured rows in Print Preview. Why is that? -- Martin ���� By "pages" do you mean "worksheets"? The print setup can be different for each worksheet. Check all of them and make sure you are not set for black and white or draft quality. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 15:28:44 +0100, Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: >Hi >I have 16 pages in a workbook >All of them have a few rows coloured for clarity. > ...