Disappearing Pictures in Publisher

Hi,

I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
needs to teach using this file early next week.

Please help,
--
Joyce
0

Look in the printer dialogue when you are ready to print, click advanced print
settings, Graphics and Fonts tab, be certain "Print full-resolution linked
graphics" is selected.

Have you considered an updated video driver?

Read the third FAQ here
Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication?
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
> pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
> the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
> there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
> pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
> Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
> printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
> picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
> needs to teach using this file early next week.
>
> Please help,
> --
> Joyce

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/16/2007 9:05:52 AM
Hi  I read the string below and followed the steps and my problem was resolved

Thanks to you it saved me a lot of hassle.

appreciated.

Tman tai

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Look in the printer dialogue when you are ready to print, click advanced print
> settings, Graphics and Fonts tab, be certain "Print full-resolution linked
> graphics" is selected.
>
> Have you considered an updated video driver?
>
> Read the third FAQ here
> Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication?
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
> > pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
> > the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
> > there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
> > pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
> > Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
> > printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
> > picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
> > needs to teach using this file early next week.
> >
> > Please help,
> > --
> > Joyce

0
TmanTai (4)

Signature logo disappears on reply
I'm finding that with multiple versions of Outlook, a logo used in the signature disappears when included on a reply/forward. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks ...

Folders Are Disappearing !
I have several (Outlook 2007) folders and various rules directing certain emails to certain folders. But some of those folders magically disappear and my rules become useless because everything goes into one folder (inbox). Anyone know why this happens, and what to do about it ? The rules would not work if the folders are not there to move the files (emails) into them, so that part is understable. We just need to address why the folders are disappearing and how to prevent it. I need some clarification on where these folders are located. Are they sub-folders of Personal Folder. I hav...

What's wrong with this picture in MFC VC++ 6.0?
I have the following union typedef union { struct stJunk { unsigned char var1 : 1; unsigned char var2 : 1; unsigned char fill : 6; }stJunk; unsigned char uJunk; } Junk; Junk junk; // declare junk union variable I can do junk.stJunk.var1 = 0; junk.stJunk.var2 = 1; but not junk.uJunk = 0x2; // <--- Compile C2143 and C2059 errors. Why? This works in GNU! -Zilla > I have the following union > > typedef union { > struct stJunk { > unsigned char var1 : 1; > unsigned char var2 : 1; > unsigned char fill : 6; > }stJunk; > unsigned char uJunk; > } ...

Contacts Disappearing.
Everytime one of our employees enter a new contact or update a current contact. Some of them disappears or the update does not take place. Thanks I'd first copy them all to a pst so you don't lose anymore. Import them into a test mailbox and see if it has the same issue. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "...

Excel 2003 Inserted pictures formatted in PNG format.
When inserting a picture into a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 it is converted to a PNG format. This is fine except Excel 2000 doesn't appear to be able to view or render a PNG file. I don't see where to disable this in configurtion tools ...

updater in system tray disappears
Windows XP SP3, IE7 When the icon for windows tray appears telling me I have updates, I click on it, chose custom, and chose the updates I wish to install. It starts downloading the updates, and the icon disappears, but never comes back to let me install the updates. -- Even if I reboot. So if I go into IE and choose Windows Update tool, I select the updates I want. After these have downloaded again, all of a sudden the icon appears again in the system tray, like, oh -- I forgot -- you can install these updates now. At this time I usually just let IE7 install the updat...

Publisher/Access problem
I am using MS Office 2000 Professional on a Windows XP Professional OS. (Access 2000 SP-3, Publisher 2000 SP-3) I created a Publisher file called "reunion.pub". It contains: name, address,and other information. I went to reference it using MS Access and the ".pub" file was automatically converted to a ".mdb" file. Now I can't reference it using MS Publisher. Is there any way to convert the file back to a ".pub" file so that it can be used in Publisher? Thank You, Sam Ceccola After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a mes...

2003 Publisher and PDF Question
When i convert a published file to pdf, the objects i inserted are lost. What am i doing wrong? A few more details please. What objects? What .pdf software are you using? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FB0E760-6F64-4698-9B86-3498D3BF52EC@microsoft.com... > When i convert a published file to pdf, the objects i inserted are lost. > What am i doing wrong? ...

Disappearing Menu Items
I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help files. This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from the menu list. Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add it again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook Express directly. Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch...

Mails disappearing.
I tried to move a mail to a folder using "Right Click > Move to folder > OK" without selecting any folders. The default selection was "Personal Folder". Noted that this mail had moved from the inbox. But no idea where the mail has gone. Please help to find those mails. Best Regards Same. Then they are probably in the Outlook Today folder. See here how you can retrieve them; www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mailoutlooktoday.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slip...

CRMbar in Outlook disappears
Hello, On the notebooks of our employees I've installed the Desktop CRM Client. On some of these notebooks after a while, the CRM bar in Outlook disappears. Menu > View > Toolbars > Microsoft CRM is checked, and the only solution that worked for me untill now is to do a Repair from the Client install CD. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Because more and more people are having this problem. Regards, Dirk ...

Publisher only exports page 1 to web
We have a 2 page newsletter that we'd like to convert to a web page. When we run the convert to web page, it only exports the first page. How do you export ALL the pages? [using Publisher 2002] FYI: We create a printed page first and then also post the newsletter on the web. Otherwise, we'd just use FrontPage (or similar) for the web. Thanks, Charlie While in a state of withdrawal waiting for components to arrive to repair his dead laptop, Ed notices a message from "Charlie" <thisisnot@areal;one>. > We have a 2 page newsletter that we'd like to convert t...

Contacts Keep Disappearing
For some reason my contacts keep dissappering each time I close Live Mail. I open it back up and the contacts are gone. It was working fine when I first started using it a week ago. Each time I have to import them in from Outlook Express. What gives and is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are you using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM ? If so, try importing them via the web UI at contacts.live.com(click Manage, then import) Thereafter use that Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM. If not using a Live ID, you may have encountered a problem ...

how do I get pictures from my computer to MicrosoftWord
I don't know how to get my pictures that I need to use from my pictures to Microsoft Word You need to know where your pictures are located first. Then, in Word, click Insert, Picture, From File, in the Insert Picture dialog box bring up the location of the file and click Insert. "Sweet Mama" wrote: > I don't know how to get my pictures that I need to use from my pictures to > Microsoft Word Do you know how to use a help file? "Sweet Mama" <Sweet Mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D8EDF0-6218-4142-A9DE-8271DA8A5...

Disappearing M driive
I'm running Windows Server 2000 with exchange 5.5 and caome in today and my m drive is no longer showing up. Tried rebooting and still, no m drive. Have cleaned up the rest of the hard drive and have 2 gb of free space. Am I looking at a reload??? Exchange 5.5 doesn't have IFS capabilities so there is no M:\ drive. Sounds like you may have Citrix installed? If this is actually E2K, then check to make sure that the Information store service is started and/or the databases are mounted. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Error in PDF from Publisher
Is anyone else having problems with PDFs that are made from Publisher? I sent a PDF to our off site printer last week, and the job came back with mysterious black lines in the background. I literally tore the file apart trying to determine the cause, and concluded that the lines appeared during the PDF conversion. There was nothing in the Publisher file that looked awry, and the location of the lines didn't correspond with any of the graphics in the document. They appeared to be completely random. Also, the lines were not visible in the PDF when viewed on screen. When they re-ran the j...

Breaking links in Publisher 2002 (XP)
Hello, I am attempting to decrease the total file size of a Publisher file by breaking the links as you can in Word with Excell-linked graphics. There is no option to break links under the "edit:links" menu, and the option to break links isn't possible under the commercial printing tools menu. Does anyone know of a different way to go about this? Please e-mail me at wmorris@mma-research.com Thanks! Whitney What if you moved the files it wants to be linked to? I've found that'll break those links in a heartbeat. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

News disappears
I added News to the "GO" button in Outlook 2003 and logged into the news service. The next time I used Outlook, News was not on the "GO" button and it had also disappeared from the list of add-ons. Where did it go? Can I get it back? Thanks, Turner To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. You ma...

Expand picture in design logo
I have used the extension logo design and put in my own picture but am not able to expand it to fill the logo box. Is this possible or will I have to create my own logo design? What version Publisher? Right-click the logo, save as a picture. Or copy the logo and paste special as a picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Frecklefacepom" <Frecklefacepom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC4485F6-86CF-4317-9390-B78563A39D29@microsoft.com... >I have used the extension logo design an...

Publisher Safe Mode message
I have Windows xp pro and use office 2003 small business edition. When I open a Publisher file from an earlier version, i get a "publisher safe mode" message. This happens as the file is initially converting. What do I need to do? Earlier versions of Publisher saved all printer information within the document. It could be a printer issue. Try doing the same operation in safe mode, if it works without the error, an updated printer driver could solve the problem. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office...

Configuring Excel for my pictures, not My Pictures....How
1/16/04 Excel defaults to Common Pictures(My Pictures) to Inserting Images From File. Word lets you this folder's location in Options| File Locations. I've tried doing this for Excel, unsuccessfully, by changing the location of Common Pictures in the Registry; in WinXP, in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders & Explorer\ShellFolders. I've made those changes in HKCU, also. I've changed the location of my Favorites doing this. However, each time I make the changes. The paths revert back to the location of Common Pictures in the My Docum...

Why Do 2 Rows Disappear from my DataGridView?
I'm going around circles with this one. In the following code, > clicking the Yes button makes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) but only 1 delete from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the No button makes 1 row disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) with none deleting from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the Cancel button has the same effect as clicking the No button. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? In addition, if anyone knows of a good working sample of code where you can delete all of...

Inserted Picture Position
Hi I am trying to create a catalogue using pictures and images. The images will be all different sizes, but I would like them to all be centred in the 'insert as photo' field box that I have. Is there a way to do this? Hope this makes sense, any help would be appreciated. Many thanks Andi Are you using the catalogue merge? What version Publisher? Help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andi" <Andi@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Macro disappears
I have two online students who say that they're able to record a macro (to insert a table) and add a button to the Quick Access bar. They say the macro works OK while they're creating it, and that their security settings are set to enable macros, but that when they open a different document or (one of them says) when pressing the button on the Quick Access bar, they get a message saying that the macro can't be found or has been disable due to security settings. The one who can't use the button on the Quick Access bar is able to use his keyboard shortcut keys at th...

can't get web page to open full size, created in publisher 2000
I have created a web page using MS Publisher 2000 and when I open the page from browser the page only fills the left half of the monitor. I can't find any information on what I did wrong. Is there data that's missing? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Burn" <Burn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:528F5D7C-BC8E-4511-9EB7-CC8604D3A3EA@microsoft.com... >I have created a web page using MS Publisher 2000 and when I open the page > from browser the page only fills the le...