How do I drag a tab stop to arbitrary position without it snapping to the
tick marks on the ruler?

I tried holding down shift, ctrl, alt. None of them works. I even turned off
everything in the arrange->snap menu.

Publisher 2003.

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Set the tab to about where you want it, zoom to 200%, open the tab dialog and input
the number where you want the tab positioned, click set. The tab button can be
dragged to your toolbar by customizing. This is the best that Publisher can do...
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> How do I drag a tab stop to arbitrary position without it snapping to the tick
> marks on the ruler?
>
> I tried holding down shift, ctrl, alt. None of them works. I even turned off
> everything in the arrange->snap menu.
>
> Publisher 2003.

0
gsauer (5094)
5/10/2005 4:39:39 PM
Hello Peter-

Setting tabs on the ruler is limited to increments that range from .061" to
..065". If you need more precise tab setting it has to be done through the
Tabs dialog box where you can place tab stops just about anywhere you wish.

BTW- If you need to do this on a regular basis you might want to create a
para style that applies those precision settings for you.

HTH |:>)

"peter" wrote:

> How do I drag a tab stop to arbitrary position without it snapping to the
> tick marks on the ruler?
>
> I tried holding down shift, ctrl, alt. None of them works. I even turned off
> everything in the arrange->snap menu.
>
> Publisher 2003.

0
CyberTaz (411)

caonnt create user in crm snap-in
Hi, when I want to create a user in crm snap-in I get an error saying that I do not have the right privileges to run the user wizard. It happens just after selecting the user from the domain. I am logged on as domin administrator - that domain administrator who has installed the crm server shortly beforte and under which the services are running. Moreover I am not able to logon to the crm site with my administrator account. I just get an error from crm server. Has anybody an idea? Thanx a lot... P. Verify that all the services have started properly. If you can't get into the web ...

Auto-stop feature?
I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD drive doesn't run all night). I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I assume it is something that can also be done on my computer. I just can't figure out how. On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:00:01 -0700, hlagas <hlagas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have >Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how do you stop spam?
I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2 installed. We have around 40 employees in the company and they have been complaining about spam. Desktops are running Outlook 2000. Is there a way to stop spam without installing a third party software? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. there is an open source one available. i think it is on sourceforge.net. search for smtp. mike "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujtLb2riEHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2...

Sending and Receiving Email stops after installing Exchange 2003 SP1
I've installed Exchange 2003 SP1 and sending and receiving email has stopped. All services are running. Messages seem to be in the local delivery queue. Any suggestions? Thanks. I've been fighting the same thing. Users get -- 800ccc0f or 8004210 Machine is DC, running ADC --- HELP ! ! ! Hi Dan Had same problem, try to stop all Exchange and web (IIS especialy) manualy. ' Then reinstalle PS1, it solved my problem. Carsten "Dan" <dslaby.no2spam@evergreeninfo.biz> wrote in message news:<Ov0nh5DREHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I've install...

tab formatting on ruler
When creating a document and I set my margins and tab the stylus (or whatever that pointer thing is called) lines up perfectly with the marks on the ruler. After saving document and then I go back to edit the document, when I try to move the stylus, it does not line up with the mark. It is either a little before the number of a little after. If I hold down the Alt key and move the stylus it moves in small increments and I can line it up. Any idea why this does this and how I can fix it. It is very time consuming to have to do this. Thank.s If you are trying to use t...

Office Tabs -
One chinese guy developed one application that creates TABs in Excel Word and PowerPoint: OfficeTabs. http://www.officedocumenttab.com/ Everione is using -> Microsoft should take a look. I think its not so hard to have something in the Office Pack. It would be very useful for everyone. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

How can I stop all numeric entries from being devided by 100?
In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by 100. Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. go to tools-options-edit and uncheck "fixed decimal places" Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E7AFFC7-F58F-4691-8F98-30CF105D5C28@microsoft.com... > In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by > 100. > Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck the Fixed decimal box -...

Can't Drag Items in Outlook 2003
I have just upgraded to Outlook 2003 (from 2002) and cannot drag/drop mail items from folder to folder. I have my folder list open and am doing everything I used to in 2002 but it just doesn't pick up the item when I try dragging it. Any help appreciated. Thanks Keith <@.> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Outlook 2003 (from 2002) and cannot drag/drop > mail items from folder to folder. > > I have my folder list open and am doing everything I used to in 2002 > but it just doesn't pick up the item when I try dragging it. The first thing I'd try is a n...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Word attachments from Outlook are read only unless dragged
Attachments are from Outlook 2003 They open in Word 2003 (11.5604.5606) WinXP. All word attachments which I open from Outlook open in word ok, however they are all read only. None of the attachments are being sent read only, and I do not get a dialog box in word giving me the opportunity to make the document editable. I have been told that this is an Outlook problem, not a word problem. If I drag the attachment to the desktop, and then open it - it opens satisfactorily (not read only). Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a nice day! Retired to Cybersp...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

MTA Auto Stop ( Error 4284, 4287 )
Dear, I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4 with WinNT4.0 SP6a I find on this two day My MTA Auto Stop, and I need to Restart I check the Event log , It have below Message EVENT ID 4284 , Source MSExchangeMTA An error occured during connection/disconnection. Error code : 8511 ( POP4 POP4 DOWN 6) (14) EVENT ID 4287 , Source MSExchangeMTA An Internal MTA error occured. Contact Microsoft Technical Support. Error code=8640 ( 75 POP4 POP4 DOWN 6) (14) EVENT ID 9277 , Source MSExchangeMTA The MTA has issued an RPC Cancel call for thread 1, Locality Table Index 31, Time (ms); 1240000, Cancel result 0 ( QPL...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Tab Name Shown In Another Sheet's Cell
Is it possible to pull the tab name from another sheet within the same workbook and show it in a cell? you need to get the tab name in a cell in the original sheet first use the formula in for example cell B2 =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) then on the other sheet you can refer to............... =sheet1!B2 -- bill k ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bill k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=821 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

Why does Money sometimes stop subtracting items, and instead starts adding them?!
This is something which I have NEVER understood about Microsoft Money, and which, after 4 versions of the product, they have not fixed. Normally, whenever I itemize a purchase at department store, I will enter things into the split/multiple categories, and when I do this it normally subtracts each new item I enter into that dialog box from the total amount I entered onto the main form of MS Money. But sometimes, and under circumstance I have NEVER been able to figure out, it will decide, all by itself, that it should not subtract each item entered into the split/multiple categories di...

Change The Color of A Ribbon Tab
Is it possible to do so like as in the special greenish tabs appearing upon selecting chart a object etc.? If yes would you kindly convey me the correct xml tags in this regard? -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz ...

w97m.thus.aa in word attachments stopping entourage from sending email
Hi, Everytime i create a word document and try to send it from entourage (all 2004 edition) I get the message that the above virus is in the document and it fails to send it. Any ideas how i can sort this out, I've already deleted the /user/username/library/preferences/microsoft/ folder and this made no difference. Thanks nick In article <1140009387.377310.45670@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Nick" <nickwales@gmail.com> wrote: > Everytime i create a word document and try to send it from entourage > (all 2004 edition) I get the message that the above vi...

Dragging array UDF functions
Hi, I built a array function and it is working pretty well, but when drag it I get a "value" msg. Thanks for any help. Eduard -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may post the code of your UDF. Also the exact formula you use in wour worksheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I built a array function and it is working pretty well, but when I > drag it I get a "value" msg. > > Thanks for any help. > > Eduardo > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Eduardo Are you usi...

Why has my Outlook stopped sending my mail??? #3
I have been using Outlook 2003 for ages to access my BtInternet mail, and now all of a sudden i am being asked to confirm my network password over and over, and regardless it still will not send my mail. I have been on to Yahoo and it sends ok. I have removed the account and reset it. I have checked and confirmed the settings about a million times :-). But it is still asking me. I have a feeling it is a problem with the program (or been hit with a virus of some kind), I did uninstal it and re-instaled, but there must be some settings it does not remove fully because when i re-installed my...