Direct Mail

Is there a way to print a POSTNET barcode on a Publisher
document?  More specificly, I'm mail merging an address
list to a publisher document, and want to add a barcode
to each page.  Is there a way to do this (you can do it
in Word...)

Thanks

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from AlphrettaRealtor <AlpharettaRealtor@hotmail.com>...
> Is there a way to print a POSTNET barcode on a Publisher
> document?  More specificly, I'm mail merging an address
> list to a publisher document, and want to add a barcode
> to each page.  Is there a way to do this (you can do it
> in Word...)

There is some information on this at
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm
It will not save you any money on postage in the US, though.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

problem sending mail
I can receive mail but can not send, just keep getting this error code Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Re: invoices', Account: 'business mail', Server: 'mail.dayusinc.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F thank you for any help you can give me. Is this the same problem you had here last November? http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-help/59948-cant-send-email.html Go to ...

unable to open mails in outlook2000 after opening in outlook2003
Unable to open mails in outlook 2000 after opening in outlook2003. Not using any PST's. ...

mail enabled public folders and default sender address
I have several mail enabled public folders in a Win2k AS / Exchange 2k (not enterprise) environment. Is there a way that (automatically) when a support person on the inside reply's, that the mail address of the associated mail enabled public folder is the "from:" field. Thx. Mark. That is not part of the standard product. I guess you could develop a custom form. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Mark Brown" <mbrown@pnint.com> wrote in message news:CTXjc.4650$Nz2.96530@news.itd.umich.edu... > I ha...

Plain Text Direction
I have purchased Notebook with Vista from Dubai. My language set is as English and Keyboard US ( Vista Home Regional Langague setting ). In office 2007, I have set langague as ENGLISH USA. In microsoft Outlook 2007, I am expereincing unique problem. All incoming mails in PLAIN TEXT which include emails, read receipt and delivery reports are appearing in Right to Left Direction. Repeat in PLAIN TEXT FORMAT. There is no problem in HTML and Rich Text Messages. I want to set text direction as LEFT TO RIGHT as defualt for PLAIN TEXT MSGES. In Option, I could not find tab for LEFT TO RI...

ING Direct #3
Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? Thanks for your reply. (I'm not at my home computer or I would check it out myself) Scott ING Direct no longer links allowing you to connect and update from within Money. To update you have to go into the ING Direct Web site and download your transactions to Money. On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:46:32 -0700, "Scott W" <ScottW2000xx@Yahoo.com> wrote: >Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? >Thanks for your reply. >(I'm not at my home computer or I would check it...

Void PR Direct Deposit Payment
We are trying to void a payroll direct deposit. We select the checkbook ID but are unable to bring up the DD number to void. We try to select by Employee ID, Check Number and Audit Trail code but we get "There are no checks in this range to void for this Checkbook ID and year". The check date is in the current year (2008). The check/DD number is not a duplicate number and it has not been reconciled in the checkbook. The number does exist in both the PR Check and Transaction tables. Why can't we see it in the Void Payroll Checks window? You can't have a duplicate c...

Migrating E-Mails from Goldmine
I am trying to migrate e-mails from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 using the data migration framework. In Goldmine, e-mail body is stored in a field called RFC822 in table MAILBOX. The RFC822 field is a 'text' field. In CRM 3.0 DMF, I need to insert the e-mail records in the cdf_EMail table. The RFC822 Golmine field needs to go to the 'Description' field in cdf_EMail (this is an ntext field). I am using INSERT INTO ... SELECT FROM kind of statements to select the necessary fields from Goldmine that need to post in cdf_EMail. The problem is with the RFC822 field. If i run the DMF data mi...

mail box
hi evry time somebody tries to send me mail they get it back stating mail box full how do i go about emptying it "george" <george@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:634D5671-2D73-4BA3-B35F-AADB12E61849@microsoft.com... > hi evry time somebody tries to send me mail they get it back stating mail > box > full how do i go about emptying it It sounds like you have the setting selected to "retain a copy of each mail on the server"? This setting is needed for users who collect mail to several devices, desktop PC & Laptop &a...

Mail Reminder
Hi, Is it posible to set a reminder for myself of a mail that i send to someone else ? Regards, Daniel Quintero Check out mapilab.com's "email follow up" add-in -----Original Message----- From: Daniel QUintero [mailto:dquintero@redsis.com] Posted At: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:10 PM Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Mail Reminder Subject: Mail Reminder Hi, Is it posible to set a reminder for myself of a mail that i send to someone else ? Regards, Daniel Quintero Daniel QUintero <dquintero@redsis.com> wrote: > Is it posible to set a rem...

primary e-mails
Hi I have exchange 2003. When I go to the properties of the user and in e-mail tab, there are lots of e-mails there. That is normal. What isn't normal is that I have a user that is missing one of those e-mails for him to work properly. A normal user has 2 x500 type e-mails and neither is set as primary, while the user that is not working has only one x500. When I try to add another x500 is sets it to primary which I do not want. Any way to make it so that when I add a x500 address that none of them are primary? Thanks!! "ib_redbeard" <ibredbeard@discussions.micr...

Creating a workflow rule to e-mail if service activity is not closed
We are new to CRM workflow. We want to create a workflow process that will e-mail the person assigned to a service appointment if they have NOT closed the appointment within 24 hours after the scheduled end. How do we trigger the rule to run at creation, but wait for the 24 hour period after the scheduled end to send the e-mail? Thanks, Gavin Hi Gavin, It just so happens that I made a blog post about this 2 days ago :). Take a look at www.cwrmobility.com/weblog, it includes a screenshot of the workflow. You have to use a timer condition that waits until 24 hours after the schedu...

Failure to send e-mail
Have received the follwoing 2 messages as being unable to deliver e-mails, one was to a .net address the other to a .co.u anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to resolv 1. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 mail from 212.69.243.42 rejected: administrative prohibition (host is blacklisted) 2. there was a SMTP communicatio problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 sm...

Outlook 2002 mail Oddity
When I type an e-mail in Outlook 2002 the cursor jumps from one line to another while typing. It does this randomly and is very annoying. Sometimes it jumps back into the same line you're typing and inserts right into the existing line. Also, when I hit the shift key to capitalize a letter, it highlights the entire note. This just started in the last few days. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem may be? I'm utilizing the XP firewall, I'm behind a router, I have Norton Corp. Antivirus, and Earthlink as an ISP. I've done a complete and through virus check and found ...

How do I set up a mail merge in Publisher e-mail?
I want to set up a bulk mail e-mail letter that includes the recipient's name in the body of the e-mail as a salutation. Has anyone done this? Can it be done? If so, what is the process? Thanks for any help yo can provide. Kathy <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to set up a bulk mail e-mail letter that includes the > recipient's name in the body of the e-mail as a salutation. Has > anyone done this? Can it be done? Nope and nope. Sorry! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Snail mail spam - novel concept, q...

Junk Mail #12
I am using Outlook 2003 and periodically I get the notice that Outlook has downloaded a message that appears to be Junk E-mail and that it was automatically moved to the Junk E-mail folder but when I open the Junk E-mail folder, nothing is there. Why am I getting this message? I am also using Qurb and suspect that messages being quarantined are the same ones that would have gone into the Junk E-mail folder. it's probably a timing issue larry. Outlook applies it's rules and filters and then Qurb respectfully waits till she's finished. So, as Outlook informs you of her in...

Free "Direct Connect"
Are there any national / large / mid atlantic based banks out there that offer free Money direct connect access - even with a blanace or other requirement? I have read that BoA offers this - but when I call I am told that all levels of accounts must pay for Direct Connect, same with Suntrust and Chevy Chase (the 3 most prevelant banks in my area). Problems since the server update have left me with a near useless Money, direct connect will probably skirt many of the issues but I would rather not pay for it (especially at 10$ or so a month) Jason In microsoft.public.money, jb1677@gmail.com ...

e-mail distribution group question
Here's the situation: User A's incoming e-mail are delivered to user A and user B. User B's incoming e-mails are also delivered to user C. BUT user C does not want user A's e-mails... At the moment User C gets both user A and B's e-mails Is there a way I can set this up? Many thanks M Hi, Do they need to receieve copies of others emails in their own mailbox? You could give permissions to read the other users mailboxes. Then you of your clients would just need to add them as an additional mailbox in Outlook. The other option is to create a server side rule in outl...

Forwarding e-mail
Is there a way to automatically remove original senders from the e-mail when forwarding them. Not without writing some code to do so. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: TBatt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there a way to automatically remove original senders | from the e-mail when forwarding them. ...

Edit directly in Cells
I am having intermittent (daily) problems with 'Editing Directly in Cells'. After hitting the [F2] key to edit data in a cell, the edit bar cursor shows in the cell correctly. But, when I use the arrow keys in jumps to the next cell to the left as if I hit [Shift][Tab]. I do have the 'Edit Directly in Cells' checked in Options-Edit. Turning it off and on does not make any difference. I must use the mouse to select the text to edit. We tend to input some status language at the end of the task name, so this would be a productivity impact. I have researched the we...

Send mail fails to multiple recipients
I cannot send email to more than two recipients. If I add any more recipients in the To: box, the message is not delivered. Message tracking center displays the following.. SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue SMTP: Advanced Queue Failed to Deliver Message Any clues how I can fix this? "Steve Bruce" <steve@bruce.com> wrote in message news:4135f5b1$0$25424$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com... >I cannot send email to more than two recipients. > > If I ...

mail merge issue
just got a new computer with 2007. Old system was 2003 on Vista Do invoices and envelopes for the advertisers in our town newsletter thru mail merge which is an .mdb file in Access. Somehow, it has decided that I can only use 3 of the 86 entries in that file. Am able to get to the whole thing in Access by overriding the security popup but can't get it useable by other programmes. Pulling my hair out. What can I do to get "access" to this information short of retyping it all over again? Can't figure how to print it from Access either which would make it som...

DIRECT X
C'mon, someone must be using DirectX under Visual C++ ? PLEASE What header files do I need to include when using direct show ? How do I get the examples in the DX9 sdk to run in MFC environment ? Specific example : Project "AmCap", what do I need to do to transfer the files SampleCSG.c / .h into my own MFC app ? 1) Exactly which header files do I need ? (presumabley they are different in MFC as compared to straight WIN32???) 2) What libraries do I need to include in the project? In desperation I even went as far as cutting and pasting the .LIB list from the AmCap example - so ...

E-mail as attachment reverts to pre-save document
I discovered a problem when using the E-Mail as attachment feature when in publisher 2003. If I open a publisher file I created, make a change, save it again and then Email as attachment, it will try to email the pre-saved version of the document without the revisions. The only way I've found to get it to work is to either close publisher and re-open the revised document, then email as attachment. I have reproduced on two different computers, fully patched office 2003 professional. On a side note, if I have saved the publisher file as a publisher 2000 version, I do not have this pro...

Quick Campaigns not sending E-mail automaticly
Hello to all, I have a problem "OR" a bad understanding of Quick Campaigns... I created a "Quick Campaigns" from the window "Contact"... "Wizard"=20 started ... quite the stages as shown in several procedures... BUT ...=20 CRM is not sending the "Quick Campaign" to the contact... I have to go=20 to the screen "quick Campaigns=BB and to send it manually. Thanks for you help I'm not certain this is the problem, Frank, but I remembered a similar problem was fixed in CRM 3.0 Rollup 1. The release notes say the following is fixed:...

OE mail folder location
Can someone tell me where mail folders are kept in Outlook Express for Mac Classic - OS9.2? -- Dr. Harvey Waxman 73 Wright Lane Wickford RI 02852 On 9/12/05 10:10 AM, in article hwaxman-2FCE36.13104912092005@msnews.microsoft.com, "Harvey Waxman" <hwaxman@cox.net> wrote: > > Can someone tell me where mail folders are kept in Outlook Express for Mac > Classic - OS9.2? There are no separate mail folder files (as there were back in OE 4.5). Mail messages and folders are stored in the combined Messages and Database files which, in 99.9% of all cases, here: ~/Doc...