Digital Imaging Pro #2

Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line drawing?
--
CharleneM
0

Carla wrote:
> Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line
> drawing?

We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group.

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
test1951 (392)
4/22/2005 8:53:50 PM
Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with
Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping
someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would
be most appropriate in black and white material.

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> Carla wrote:
> > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line
> > drawing?
>
> We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group.
>
> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
Carla (22)
4/22/2005 9:23:03 PM
Try the PictureIt! newsgroup.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with
> Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping
> someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would
> be most appropriate in black and white material.
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> Carla wrote:
>> > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line
>> > drawing?
>>
>> We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group.
>>
>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
gsauer (5094)
4/22/2005 9:35:15 PM
Try microsoft.public.pictureit

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled
> with
> Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping
> someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion
> would
> be most appropriate in black and white material.
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> Carla wrote:
>> > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line
>> > drawing?
>>
>> We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group.
>>
>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/22/2005 9:35:42 PM
Try using various filters and see if you
find a result that you are happy with.
Effects / Filters / All Filters.

Some possibles might be:
....Photocopy...
....Stamp: Woodcut Fine...

In the future, please direct your MS
Picture It! / MS Digital Image questions
to the pictureit newsgroup:

Try this link:
http://tinyurl.com/iozo

--

John Inzer

> Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line
> drawing?
> --
> CharleneM

0
oobie (2069)
4/22/2005 10:33:56 PM
Hey John -

You're pretty sharp about Picture It!. Any chance you know whether Picture
It! 2000 (not Express) has more than 2 CDs?

JoAnn Paules
MVP Publisher

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Try using various filters and see if you
> find a result that you are happy with.
> Effects / Filters / All Filters.
>
> Some possibles might be:
> ....Photocopy...
> ....Stamp: Woodcut Fine...
>
> In the future, please direct your MS
> Picture It! / MS Digital Image questions
> to the pictureit newsgroup:
>
> Try this link:
> http://tinyurl.com/iozo
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
>

> "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line
> > drawing?
> > --
> > CharleneM

Hi JoAnn,

My copy of Picture It! 2000 (full version) has 2 CDs.

--

John Inzer

"JoAnn Paules - MVP Publisher"
<JoAnnPaulesMVPPublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey John -
>
> You're pretty sharp about Picture It!. Any chance you know whether Picture
> It! 2000 (not Express) has more than 2 CDs?
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Publisher
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> Try using various filters and see if you
>> find a result that you are happy with.
>> Effects / Filters / All Filters.
>>
>> Some possibles might be:
>> ....Photocopy...
>> ....Stamp: Woodcut Fine...
>>
>> In the future, please direct your MS
>> Picture It! / MS Digital Image questions
>> to the pictureit newsgroup:
>>
>> Try this link:
>> http://tinyurl.com/iozo
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer
>>

>> "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line
>> > drawing?
>> > --
>> > CharleneM

0
oobie (2069)
4/23/2005 6:04:55 AM
Great! My mom is doing a photo project and needs a few more capabilities that
what Picture It! Express offers her.

JoAnn

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Hi JoAnn,
>
> My copy of Picture It! 2000 (full version) has 2 CDs.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
>

> "JoAnn Paules - MVP Publisher"
> <JoAnnPaulesMVPPublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey John -
> >
> > You're pretty sharp about Picture It!. Any chance you know whether Picture
> > It! 2000 (not Express) has more than 2 CDs?
> >
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Publisher
> >
> > "John Inzer" wrote:
> >
> >> Try using various filters and see if you
> >> find a result that you are happy with.
> >> Effects / Filters / All Filters.
> >>
> >> Some possibles might be:
> >> ....Photocopy...
> >> ....Stamp: Woodcut Fine...
> >>
> >> In the future, please direct your MS
> >> Picture It! / MS Digital Image questions
> >> to the pictureit newsgroup:
> >>
> >> Try this link:
> >> http://tinyurl.com/iozo
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> John Inzer
> >>

> >> "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Perhaps the URL has changed? or there is more to the address than this? The
only msn group I found for Picture It is not used and there are more spam
entries than anything else.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Try microsoft.public.pictureit
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled
> > with
> > Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping
> > someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion
> > would
> > be most appropriate in black and white material.

> >> We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group.
> >>
> >> --
> >> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
Carla (22)
4/24/2005 4:41:01 PM
Not an MSN group - this is a Microsoft group. Are you getting there thru
MS's website? The reason I ask is that I had to go searching for it and all
I saw were questions pertaining to the software, not spam.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Perhaps the URL has changed? or there is more to the address than this?
> The
> only msn group I found for Picture It is not used and there are more spam
> entries than anything else.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Try microsoft.public.pictureit
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is
>> > bundled
>> > with
>> > Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping
>> > someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion
>> > would
>> > be most appropriate in black and white material.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/24/2005 5:37:47 PM
Click this link, it will setup the Microsoft groups in the Outlook Express
newsreader.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps the URL has changed? or there is more to the address than this? The
> only msn group I found for Picture It is not used and there are more spam
> entries than anything else.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Try microsoft.public.pictureit
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled
>> > with
>> > Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping
>> > someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion
>> > would
>> > be most appropriate in black and white material.

0
gsauer (5094)

Digital Imaging Pro #2
Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line drawing? -- CharleneM Carla wrote: > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line > drawing? We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would be most appropriate in black and white materi...

2-digit
I have two lists of product codes (2-digit and 6-digit), each of which has an import value (in otherwords 4 columns) as follows: 1 2 3 4 Prod code (2 digit) importval ($) Prod code (6-digit) import value ($) 01 50 010001 25 010002 10 010003 15 02 75 020001 12 020002 18 020003 20 020004 25 As you can see the 6-digit product codes are a dissaggregated from the 2-digit codes. That is if you sum the value of the 6-digits imports it will equal the value of the 2-digits imports. So for product 01 = $50 = 010001 +010002+010003=50. The same occurs for product 02 and so in for my real data set. N...

thank you #2
attn: Cal Learner MVP Had lost the ability to download statements from a bank and a CC company. Looking at your answer to another persons problem . I cleaned my browser temp files and now all OK Now if you could just come up with a way to help an old man remember all this stuff you could really be a hero. any how thanks again In microsoft.public.money, John Hudson wrote: >attn: Cal Learner MVP > Had lost the ability to download statements from a bank and a CC company. >Looking at your answer to another persons problem . I cleaned my browser >temp files and now all OK &g...

Image insert
I insert an image into an Access report and size to fit. I then insert the same image into a Word doc at 100% scaling. Why is the image in the Word doc about 3 times the size of the one in the Access report? Alex ...

Use of visio 2003 pro to document sql servers
Hello everybody I am try to document a Microsoft-SQL server with couple of databases, lots of views and tables and few store procedures in each,and few jobs comon for both I have use the menu Databases -> reverse engineer , but i found some limitation: - need to import one by one database - jobs are not possible to import - sp do not have graphical representation - views are not related to the tables/views from where they come is it me or is visio that do not allow any of the previously possibilities ?? my neededs are to make a big drawing to examinate how a sql server works (servers t...

Converting Hundreds of 2000 pro to XP pro
Good day, I'm in the Point of Sale field. I have well over 200 pos terminals with 2000 pro on them. I'm told that when MS stops updating it, that they all will not be PCI Compliant and they must be upgraded. Some have 2000 pro product keys and others don't. I took over this area from an out of business dealer. Any ideas as to the best, fastest and most affordable way to accomplish this? Any help will be appreciated. ecpos -- ecpos Now you know why the other dealer went out of business: His customers were too cheap to invest in regular hardware up...

Digitally signature
Hi We have an excel spreadsheat that different people fill out. Is it possible for every person to digitally sign the excel spread sheet when they have filled out the excel spreadsheet?? Regards Morten ...

Can not uppdate forms
Since I upgraded to CRM 3.0, it has after some time become inpossible to update the forms. I have been able to understand when the problem was introduced: - It all worked fine and I was able to add field's to the form. - One day I took a way a couple of fields in the form that was not used. Since then it it is not possible to add any new fields. This is how the problem occurs now: These are the steps: - From the online mode, I choose adapt settings - Adapt entities - I choose account - I choose "forms and views" - I choose the "main form" for the account - I choo...

Microsoft Mail #2
The "Postoffice" icon is not in the control panel in Windows XP or Windows 98. How can I administrate the postoffice box or add the postoffice icon? Thanks!! ...

Cuenta de correo externa #2
hola a todos. tengo un problema expuesto anteriormente, pero que la solucion que habeis expuesto no me vale ( poner el servicio de correo en exchange, seria bastante complicado e ineficaz ). tengo cuentas de ISP externas y el dominio del servidor exchange coincide con el nombre @midominio.com hay un usuario que tienen cuenta interna para entrar en el servidor, pero no tiene buzon, solo el correo del ISP ( andre@midominio.com ). Cuando envian correo a su cuenta sale el siguiente error: Un error de configuraci´┐Żn en el sistema de correo electr´┐Żnico dio lugar a un bucle entre dos servidores o...

Letter Writing Assistant #2
I have MS Office 2003 on my workstation and GP 8.0. Letter Writing Assistant is giving me an error that says, "Microsoft Word must be installed on this machine to use the Letter Writing Assistant." Is there any way to get LWA to recognize that I do have Word installed? Thanks for any help, Kurt ...

Transparent areas of png image not transparent anymore
I have a number of .png images that I created and saved within Adobe Photoshop Elements. The images all have transparent backgrounds and work fine when imported into word or excel. Lately when creating new images all of the image that is tranparent within Photoshop now appear as black when imported into word or excel. Has anyone seen something similar or know of some setting that I may have accidentally changed that is causing this? David Check the colour density settings of the Windows display driver. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><...

If and Vlookup #2
I would like to know a formula using the if and vlookup formulas how to insert a description of an item from another work sheet sheet, using a catologue number, This is the best i could come up with if(a5<>"",vlookup(a5,StockDetails,2,false),"") can you tell me where i am going wrong? Your formula looks fine to me. What's happening? HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to know a formula using the if and vlookup formulas how to >insert a description of an item from another work sheet >sheet, using a catologue numb...

ALERT: Top Secret: Pass it on: #2
ALERT: Top Secret: Pass it on: The Federal Reserve System that has nothing to do with the Federal [Coverment,] These International Banksters are devaluing our dollar down to pay off the [NATIONAL-DEBT.] A debt none of us made !!! WE MUST RESIST TYRANNY !!! Our $20.00 bill is only worth $5.00 !!! We are not asking you to believe US. But we double dare you to prove US wrong. Fuck You ! I will BANKRUPT all SHEEP !!! http://url.rottenpumpkin.com?i=816 Sons of Liberty Militia ...

OMA Not Working after installing .net 2.0 #2
Suddenly my OMA isn't working. I just installed the latest .net framework 2.0 and coincidentally, OMA stopped. The error I get is: Server Error in '/OMA' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. blah..blah...blah Any ideas? ...

Digital Signature
I am trying to apply a digital signature to my XLS doc. I have created a couple of macros and when I go into the VB editor and go to Tools>>Digital Signature and select my Digital ID It shows [No Certificate]. I then proceed to select choose and select my Digital ID from the list. After hitting ok it will now show The VB project is currently signed as [my Digital ID] but when I exit out of the VB editor and out of excel and reopen the xls it doesn't have the digital ID attached anymore. It shows The VB project is currently signed as [no certificate] Am I missing a step he...

Using Self Certify Digital ID with Shared Files
You can use the MS Self Certification utility to create a Digital ID to share macro enabled files with other XL users, even those running at high security. Here's how: File Originator: 1. Run c:\program files\OfficeXP\Office10 \selfcert.exe (if file not found, use add/remove on MSOffice, it's in Office Tools) 2. Enter a name (eg John Doe, ACME Corp) 3. Open XL file you want to certify and open up VBE 4. Go Tools|Digital Signature 5. Click Choose 6. You should see the name of the cert that you just created on this list. Select it then click OK, then OK again 7. Save and Close fi...

convert Outlook 2003 pst's to Outlook XP Pro
Have a boss coming from a different div. that used applications from Office 2003. We have Office XP Pro and he needs to convert his pst files down to XP. Is this possible? Thanks I don't believe there is a need for file converstion. All outlook clients can read *.pst's created from any version. "Rodey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d7db01c45403$0e6dd2d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have a boss coming from a different div. that used > applications from Office 2003. We have Office XP Pro and > he needs to convert his pst files do...

Splash screen #2
Hello, How can I have a plash screen when opening Excel? I tried to do it the same way as in access but didn't work! It must be done in a different way!!! Any suggestions! I assume you mean a splash screen. What type of splash screen? Like an Access dashboard? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:03:01 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu> wrote: >Hello, >How can I have a plash screen when opening Excel? >I tried to do it the same way as in access but didn't work! It must be done >in a different way!!! >Any suggestions! >...

Macros & digital signatures
Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if the person who signed them left a company & their network account was cancelled? Thanks, Jason ___ As I understand it, there will be a file containing the digital signature and it is not connected to the creator's network account. In any case, it's not difficult to create a new digital signature file of your own "Jason O" wrote: > Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if > the person who signed them left a company & their network account was &g...

Print views from multiple entities and Case lacking Spare-part/pro
Hello, Just starting to look at our service process and how we can get CRM to supply us with the required output. So far I found a few obstacles.. 1) The print view is only containing data from the Case entity. I need data, such as contact details to be included as well. How can I get data from multiple entities in this print template? 2) There is no link between a Case and a Product list (or "Sparepart" list). Is there an easy way to attach the Product list we will use for quote creation? 3) Is there a way to easy create a Quote from a Case (similar to Quote to Order), eg...

How to Show images by default
How do I set WLM to display all images by default? Thanks for your time. -- JamesKB Tools | Safety Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images.........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "JamesKB" <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> wrote in message news:OeFt3roeKHA.5792@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I set WLM to display all images by default? > > Thanks for your time. > -- > JamesKB ...

certificates and digital signatures with 2003
if the exchange server 2003 gives out DS's or encryption to the clients, do all the oultook clients have to be 2003? or can the other clients like 2000 gain access as well? Ihope that makes sense thanks ...

Convert 8 digits to leading alpha plus 6 digits following?
I finally worked this out (I'm very much a dummy with any type o formula!) although I'm sure someone else may have a better solution. I'll post the IF statement here in case someone else is attempting similar exercise and they may be able to adapt this. My 8 digit number appear in Column F and start in Row 2: =IF(LEFT(F2,1)="1","a"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="2","b"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="3","c"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="4","d"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="5","e"...

CSocket Question #2
I have an MFC server app. When I accept a connection and obtain a CSocket, is there anyway to find out which IP the client used to connect to my server. For example if a client from the machine connects to the server using 127.0.0.1 or if someone on the subnet connects using 192.168.1.1 and so on. I am hoping that it is stored in the CSocket somewhere, if it is not this might not be the correct group for the question. Thanks Jon I use low level calls API instead of CAsyncSocket/CSocket but from what I remember Accept() method is similar to accept() API. The Accept() method takes a p...