Different text selection

Probably a stupid but...

I created a newsletter from a template. When I select some
text (e.g. the headlines & sample "stories") the whole
item is selected as a block, which can be dragged to a new
area, but not altered (except by being overwritten).

How is this created? as opposed to ordinary text, which is
selectable character by character.
0
Chris

Chris how about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are
using, and which Template?

We are good, and some of us very good, and a few are excellent, but hell,
our crystal balls cannot cope with the workload.

Brian,

I was mainly worried that there was a formatting option
somewhere that I was missing out on, a feature that I
could apply elsewhere. But if I'm not going daft and
missing a whole dialog box, then, no worries.

thanks,

Chris
0
Chris

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Macro to change cell text color
OBJECTIVE: I select a range of cells. I want a macro I can run tha changes the color of the text based on 3 criteria: (1) if a numeric value w/o an = sign or any mathematical operators then RED (2) if a forumla w/ an = sign, but no other operators, then GREEN (3) if a formula w/ an = sign and operators, then BLUE Can anyone post this? Thanks. - Ji -- James ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953...

Text Formatting in Smart Art
How can I override a pre-defined format in Smart Art? I have some text that is hyperlinked, and I do NOT want it to appear in a different color or underline. I cannot seem to modify that text to look the same as that without hyperlinks. "Margie" <Margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6815923-5C1A-4328-881F-E6FA64F6F96D@microsoft.com... > How can I override a pre-defined format in Smart Art? I have some text > that > is hyperlinked, and I do NOT want it to appear in a different color or > underline. I cannot seem to modify that...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

draw text on a cimage
hi, I am generating a Cimage object and I was wondering how can I draw text on it before saving it? thanks. I am pretty sure it's like this :) (this same exact code is in the MFC Docs : CImage Overview) CImage Image; Image.Load(....); CDC *pDC = CDC.FromHandle(Image.GetDC()); pDC->DrawText(...); Image.ReleaseDC(); AliR. "lel" <karim_saidi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134506134.773024.97920@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, > I am generating a Cimage object and I was wondering how can I draw > text on it before saving it? > thanks. > ...

Count first occurance of text
I have a row of 24 cells, some are blank and others have text. I am trying to create a formula that returns the first instance of text being used. I have tried using a match, but it gives me an error because I am trying to pull text not a number. thanks Here's one dart throw .. Assume your 24 source cells are A2:A25 Place in say, B2, normal ENTER to confirm: =INDEX(A2:A25,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(ISTEXT(A2:A25),),0)) Bullseye? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "Chad Wods...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Selecting Only Unprotected Cells
Hello, Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that I need to find all unprotected cells in and change some formatting options for those cells only. The sheet was designed by someone else and I think that if I try to find them with trial-and-error, it will either take me forever, or I will never find them all. I cant find any info so I am hoping someone here may know. Any ideas? Thanks, Chris Chris, you could use a macro to change the background color in them so you can find them easily, like this Sub Color_Unprotected_cells() 'will change the interior color to blue in all unprotecte...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

How to select No Button in AfxMessageBox
Hi there, just a short question. When I create a message box using AfxMessageBox with style MB_YESNO, how can I specify to select the No button and not the YES button? Thanks, Christian <chhenning@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149620473.144818.209610@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, just a short question. When I create a message box using > AfxMessageBox with style MB_YESNO, how can I specify to select the No > button and not the YES button? > Maybe use MB_DEFBUTTON2. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Thanks, that was it!! ...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Adding and Selecting "All" to Combo Box???
I have a combo box with a source type of Value list and month and year listed for two years. You can only choose 1 item to select. Is there any way to be able to choose multiple items at one time?? Also to add "All" to the list to be able to choose all the items if needed? Thank you very much for any help you can provide. TotallyConfused wrote: > I have a combo box with a source type of Value list and month and > year listed for two years. You can only choose 1 item to select. > Is there any way to be able to choose multiple items at one time?? >...

Modify a text file without make a copy
Hi everybody, I have a text file called "Mytext.txt" like this: ------------------------- number: 2345 some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... ------------------------- I just would like modify the number in the firt line (2345), without put in the memory the rest of the text or create a new temporay file? Is it possible? I ask this question because I want to use this script with lot of text files and this text files are quite big...

Negative Quantities in Smartlists show up as text 250-
On some workstations in our company when running a smartlist report negative quantities are displayed as a text field, 250- for example, instead of -250. When downloading to excel the cell category shows up as "general". The result is that I can't use this cell as part of a successful calculation. Attempting to change it to a number or currency amount doesn't work. This is only on some workstations. On others the quantity comes in as a number -250 and others as a number (250). Does anyone know why this may vary from workstation to workstation? Thanks Same SmartList, ...

Cannot center highlighted text
Version: 2008 I am trying to center only one line of text, but even when I have the selected text highlighted, Word insists on centering the entire page of text. Help! Center alignment is a Paragraph formatting attribute. You can't center align just one line of a paragraph unless that line comprises the entire paragraph. It sounds like you have one long paragraph. Turn on the non-printing characters (�) so you can see what you're dealing with. If necessary reply with complete details... I'm afraid there isn't much else to suggest unless you provide a better image of...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Counting Specific Text
I would like to be able to count the number of times a particular text entry is listed within a column. For example if there is a list and Apples are in the list 4 times, I would like a formula that would count the number of times apples appeared in colunn A and place that number in column B. Thanks for the help. Todd Todd If you want to summarise more than one type, you may be better off using a pivot table (from Data/Pivot Table). If it's just a one-off use: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"Apples") Andy. "Todd" <todd@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:060f01c376d7$f...

Selecting the correct records for mailing labels based on SQL Server view
I need to print some mailing labels. I work with an adp Access frontend and a SQL Server backend. The problem is this: I need to print address labels for all the people whose birthday falls within a given month. So far I have a SQL Server view that generates the names, addresses, and birthday months (e.g. 1, 2, 3, ...) for the people I need to send mail to. I have a report for the labels that is based on this view and includes the name and address. I have a form that brings up the label report in preview mode. On this form I have a combo box that allows the user to specify the birthday month...

Custom Report based on search of Memo Text
Is there a way to build a custom report with a simple text string search on the Memo field? The memo field is commonly used to classify certain transaction outside of budget categories and such. This type of report is common in other financial software packages. In microsoft.public.money, Starone wrote: >Is there a way to build a custom report with a simple text string search on >the Memo field? The memo field is commonly used to classify certain >transaction outside of budget categories and such. This type of report is >common in other financial software packages. U...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Two Text Lines in one Cell.
Is there is a way to have two text lines in one cell. Please advise. Thanks Peter Peter, When you type text in to a cell, use ALT+Enter to insert a line break. To combine two cells in to a single cell, you can use a formula like =A1&CHAR(10)&A2 . Ensure that the cell has Wrap Text formatting enabled. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6AFD9D-5C93-46D1-8B00-A2919A3659F8@microsoft.com... > Is there is a way to have two text lines...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Text Box / Cell Evaluation Not Consistant
Whenever I comapre the value of a Reference Cell to the value of a TextBox LinkCell using an IF statement, I get conflicting results. If I compare two alphanumeric values the return is TRUE, whereas two numbers return a FALSE. I used the Evaluate Formula function and noticed that the value of the LinkCell is enclosed in quotes so I assume LinkCells are alway Text, but when I format the Reference Cell as Text, I get the same FALSE return. Any suggestions on why this might be happening? A textbox always returns text. Something like this (where A1 is linked cell, B1 numeric) ....... ? =IF...