Different Columns on different pages

Hi -  think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck!
In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page
spread that has different columns on some pages.

I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and
trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt
right.

Am I thinking too deep?  Is the whole point that the
layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh
the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler
guides to make the changes through the different pages?

Any idea's?

Thanks
Julia

0
anonymous (74717)

Columns limit
In Excel 2003 I'm bumping up against a limit at Column IV, or 204 columns in a yearly stock pricing spreadsheet. I need one more column to do year-end sums. First, is there any way to get more columns? Second, why 204? I'm only doing entries for stock market trading days, so 204 is almost enough. But what if you want to record 365 daily entries? (Yeah, you can do it vertically but that's not the optimal way to display data like this.) TIA for any help. xl2003 and below have 256 columns. xl2007 has 16k columns. There's nothing you can do to xl2003...

IE8 and Firefox can't load pages without refresh
I've got two XP desktop computers and one Vista laptop computer connected to a Linksys router and then to Comcast internet through a cable modem. In the last few weeks the two XP computers have had difficulty loading web pages and often require several refreshes before a page is loaded. The problem is erratic and sometimes the pages load just fine. The problem seems to be independent of which browser is used and happens with both Firefox and IE8. On the other hand, Outlook 2003 works with no problems at all on both XP computers and other programs like Google Earth work normal...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

booklet printing 8 pages first page printing on right half of 11x1
That is a true statement. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JudyJ" <JudyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F46724-8BDC-4DDC-993C-D90F305ABCE6@microsoft.com... > Wots your real problem?????? "JudyJ" <JudyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F46724-8BDC-4DDC-993C-D90F305ABCE6@microsoft.com... > There is a lot of space here to explain what you think is a problem. Page 1 should print on the right and page 8 on the left so when it is folded it will make the outside of your booklet John g. ...

How to fill fill a column with numbers, beginning at number X, counting up.
I simply need to add numbers, beginning with 15,347, (counting upward), to a column with empty values in a table. Is there an easy way to do this, rather than completing it in excel and importing it, then attempting to update the table? Thanks for any suggestions. While I cannot imagine a legitimate use for this, the following code will insert rows starting at 15347 and going to 22000 Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strSQL As String Set dbCurr = CurrentDb For lngLoop = 15347 To 22000 strSQL = "INSERT INTO MyTable (MyField) " & _ "VALUE...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Report Columns
I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID. In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to accomplish this. Thank you Jason, Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that. However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the first part of the letter, the detail section to disp...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Publisher 2003 Page Numbering
Is it possible to number the pages in a Publisher document starting from a specific page number (eg Page 35). If it's possible, how do you do it? The help files don't... TIA GG GordonG wrote: > Is it possible to number the pages in a Publisher document starting > from a specific page number (eg Page 35). > > If it's possible, how do you do it? The help files don't... > > TIA > > GG ====================== Try going to...Insert / Section -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Digital Image****** Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl....

Page Load/Click Event Timing Issue
I have a webform that alters it's content depending on whether or not the current user is logged in. It does this in the Page_Load event. My master page has a logout button. If the user clicks this button, it fires the Page_Load event in my content page, the Page_Load event in my master page, and finally the Logout_Click event for my logout button. This means that my code that alters the page (depending on whether or not the current user is logged in) fires before the code that logs the user out. This results in serving a page for a logged-in user when they are now logged ...

Crosstab Query Column Question
Hello! I am currently in the process of trying to work with a crosstab query in MS Access. In the rows, I have a list of names, and in the columns, I have dates. I would like the dates to be formatted as follows: (First column for names) Second column: Fiscal Year 2005 (July 2004 results - June 2005 results) Third column: Fiscal Year 2006 (July 2005 results - June 2006 results) Fourth Column: July 2006 Fifth Column: August 2006 Sixth Column: September 2006 ((and so on...)) Is there any way to do this? I would like to import this information into a report. Thank you! Do believe...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Making page fit inserted picture
I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6". How do I make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture) Setup your page 4 x 6. You need to create a custom size in your printer 4 x 6. If you do not create a custom printer size then Publisher will print multiple copies per page. It would help to know what version Publisher you are using. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeancho" <Jeancho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A67D046-AE87-4D99-9B9C...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Rows().AutoFit starts a calculation, but Columns().AutoFit doesn't
This example copied from the help of the WorkSheet.Calculate event works well: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Columns("A:F").AutoFit End Sub But it loops forever when I replace it with: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Rows("10:20").AutoFit End Sub It looks like resizing the rows (even rows outside the UsedRange) causes the volatile functions to be calculated, while resizing the columns doesn't. Does it make sense? How can I resize the rows after a calculation? Thanks, Stefano Hi, I can't replicate your problem but this should ...

endnotes on new page
Is there a way to put all the endnotes together on a new page? I've tried inserting a page break in the endnote separator and tried setting the endnote separator to start on a new page, but those methods didn't work. Thanks. -- ~ Janet Insert a page break before the endnote separator. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet S" <JanetS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Web page transfer to server (problem)
I created a document and saved it as a web page on XP_) tried to upload it using FileZilla FTP. It ended up as gibberish on my website. I have been successful with my old computer, no problems. Did you check FileZilla's document specs requirements? Sometimes with those FTP sites they have file and storage limits. Maybe the file is too big? Just check their FAQ or customer service, since you're trying to upload to their site it'll be your best bet. :). "gelston" wrote: > I created a document and saved it as a web page on XP_) tried to upload it &g...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Show/Hide Column and Row Headers
Hello, ive got difficulty how to show the column and row headers in Excel worksheets, can anyone help me? tnx! -- graz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ graz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471335 Good morning Graz Try Tools > Options > Row & Column Headers (under the View tab). HTH DominicB -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profile: http://www.exce...

page set up in document
We have different brands of printers - some with affixed trays, others without. In our associated template we have page set up as: (different) first page - tray 1 and other pages - tray 2. This has been made the default setting on that particular template. PROBLEM: When we print first to a plain printer (even the same brand and tray set up), once the document has printed, it reverts to "automatically select" and the tray 1/tray 2 set up has to be done all over again. This template was worked on by our software support (they would have different printers from us). Co...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...