diagonal text

HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE
0
scott7693 (519)

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote
(in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>):

> HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE

Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your
posts very hard to read.

Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher
version.

By the way, questions end with question marks (?).

What version of Publisher are you using?
In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your number.
In newer versions there is a rotate handle (green) on the text box, or you can custom
rotate, right-click the text box, format text box, size tab...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"SCOTT" <SCOTT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE

0
gsauer (5093)

hide a text box in a continuous form
I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF as well. There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm A2K or Higher Only! New Feb 08,2002...

Blank text labels
All of my text label on a simple report come out blank. Some are bound - others are not, but none print. All are set to visible-yes. Pat Upshaw All I can think of is the obvious: do the labels use the same color as the background? "Charles P. (Pat) Upshaw" wrote: > All of my text label on a simple report come out blank. Some are bound - > others are not, but none print. All are set to visible-yes. > > Pat Upshaw font > > > ...

Adding text to all outgoing messages...
I would like to add a text message to all outgoing mail messages. How can i do this ? Carlos for your text (assuming you are usaing exchange)... http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.aspx?pid=ME&lid=en They provide a free version that does disclaimers. "Carlos Mendes" wrote: > I would like to add a text message to all outgoing mail messages. How > can i do this ? > > Carlos > check this vbs sample http://www.aloaha.com/article/eventsink.html "Carlos Mendes" <cjmendes@confetil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:51esu09sh1tpfl4usbfbht083cq970...

Duplicate emails with different text body
Hi there all, I am having an issue with deduplicating two email messages. We use and MD5 hash of various mapi properties, including the text version of the body of the email. One of the messages comes from a PST file, the other is exported directly from an exchange EDB file. The messages are identical in every sense, same sent date and time, same author, same recipients same subject and the RTF version of the email is exactly the same. However, the text version of the body of the email differs slightly in that the section of the email that refers to "-----Original Message-----" i...

Converting incoming email to plain text
Hi Is there any way I can configure Xch 5.5 to convert all received SMTP email to plain text ? I can't find any option. Thanks Dave ...

Largest text box
Hi there! I have 3 text boxes on my form and I need to find the largest number among the three. I tried =max([txt1],[txt2],txt3]) but this is obviously wrong. How can I do this? Thanks for all help offered! With Me If .txt 1 > .txt2 And .tx1 > txt3 Then 'Txt1 is greatest ElseIf .txt2 > .txt1 And .txt2 > .txt3 Then 'Txt2 is greatest Else 'txt3 is greatest End If End With -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Johnny Bright" wrote: > Hi there! > > I have 3 text boxes ...

How to make static text control hyperlink with tool tip ???
Hi Could anybody let me know how to create (Dynamically) a static text control with hyperlink features + multiline tool tip. Any code snippet / source or hints will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mujtaba http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmyhyperlink.asp Tom <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1119011497.785937.25900@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Could anybody let me know how to create (Dynamically) a static text > control with hyperlink features + multiline tool tip. > > Any code snippet / source or hints will be highly appr...

Text box input based on a combo box selection
I have an inventory input form that has a combo box from which the user selects the shift for which the inventory is being taken. On this form I also have a sub form from which separate data is gathered from the user, but the shift information is also needed. The form and subform are bound to separate tables. I am using a subform to gather the additional information to a separate table because the results are used in a separate calculation. I only want the user to select the shift information once. How can I populate the "shift" text box on the subform with the same information ...

HTML/Rich Text Messages: Always Re-Downloading Bodies--Why...?
Currently using Outlook 2007, but has been the case with previous versions as well. Once a text with pictures, formatted text, etc (HTML and rich-text) downloads I view it -- but the message re-downloads every time I click on it in my inbox. I've checked the settings, but can't locate anything that'll make the message download, and stay downloaded, until I delete. Outlook isn't all that fast to begin with, but having to redownload a message because I've clicked it's header slows things down even more. ...

Re: ODBC driver for CSV/TEXT file on Windows 2008
Additional info: VS 2005 - 32 bit app. I had no problem accessing various SQLserver databases in our network. Bill "Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message news:... I need to know how to obtain and install ODBC text driver on a WIndows 2008 server. CUrrently, the only driver installed is SQLServer v 6.01.7600 The code below worked on my PC but not on the server (as a client machine). Dim csvConnection As OdbcConnection Dim ConnectionString As String = "Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};Dbq=" & mcsvPath & ";" YOur...

combine text & date formula to show mmmm dd, yyyy?
How do I combine text and date formula to show the written date and not the Excel number date? I have text in a couple of cells and a date formula in another cell(input from a different worksheet). I have the formula =A3 & F3 & A4 in A1 and would like it to read: We went to the station on December 21, 2009 and took the train. However, it is reading We went to the station on 40168 and took the train. Thanks. Try something like this... A1 = Today is B1 = 12/21/2009 =A1&" "&TEXT(B1,"mmmm dd, yyyy") Returns: Today is December 21, 2009 ...

when copy powerpnt file on other computer, text boxes won't shift right
Hello, I'd like you guys to help me , the problem is . . when i copied my powerpoint file to other computers, most of the text boxes were not in the position that it used to be. did anyone have that problem? how to fix it? thanks a lot! ...

Text "=SMTP:" appended to email addresses
Not sure if this is a server or an Outlook issue, so please bear with me if in wrong place! I've got one user (Outlook 2007) who is finding that when she replies to an email, the text "=SMTP:" is appended to the front of the destination email address, which renders the email undeliverable. ? Any ideas ? "Baz" <Baz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E9CC0D5-B7C9-44AF-BFB9-54190CEBA96B@microsoft.com... > Not sure if this is a server or an Outlook issue, so please bear with me if > in wrong place! > > I've got one ...

Stationery created in outlook looks great, outlook express shows it as plain text tho?
I just created some stationery in Outlook 2003 using dreamweaver. I placed the html file along with a single graphic into the stationery folder and made sure there were no absoulte path references in the HTML code. In Outlook I could then select the stationery and it looks perfect. Test emails sent to myself appear perfect in outlook. I sent a test email via Outlook 2003 and received the email in Outlook Express but it displays it as plain text??? in outlook express I selected the same stationery as outlook and sent a test email to myself which looked fine in outlook express and outlo...

Button caption texts disappears after changing to Theme Windows XP
Hi, I have a simple dialog just for inputting text. This dialog has a input field, and OK Cancel button. In windows classic theme, everything is OK, but if the windows theme is changed to Windows XP, the texts on OK and Cancel buttons just disappear. The dialog's title is still there, BTW. What could be the reason? Thanks. To help your analysis, I give my codes here: #include "WhiteboardTextEntryDialog.h" #include "ComponentsID.h" #include "Data/ResourcesManager.h" BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(WhiteboardTextEntryDialog, SkinDialog) ON_BN_CLICKED( IDOK, onOKButto...

Problem with converting Text to Number
I am attempting to convert a text field into a long integer. I have two fields in my table. Field1 (Value COCurr): Text field containing string numbers with commas, decimals, and trailing negative signs Field2 (Cost): Long integer field containing nothing. I am trying to run an update query, that looks at the string in field 1, determines whether it has a trailing negative sign or not, and then attempts to convert it into a number, using the cLng conversion function. However, when I try to execute this update query, I get no value in Field2. It's as if I've done nothing. What am I ...

text not wrapping in column
I have an Excel spread sheet with columns of wrapped text. At a certain point, the text stops wrapping. If I try to shrink to fit, the text disappears. Any ideas? ...

Using a function with numbers & text
I have 6 columns, B has numbers + text (3d, 6c, ad, kd) C has numbers + text ( 3 down, 6 cube, alternate dialog) I want to input into D 6c and have the return in E be 6 cube, or ad input/alternate dialog output. I have over 60 input/output codes. I tried the IF function but it won't work with text. Is there a function that will accomplish this? TIA Hi, If you have over 60 I/O codes, you should probably use VLOOKUP. If it doesn't already exist, write a 2-column table of input/output codes. In C1, enter =IF(D1="","",VLOOKUP(D1,AA1:AB60,2,0)) (Where AA1:AB60...

Can Comments be automatically converted to text cell values?
I have a large number of cells with Comments. I'd like to basically convert the Comments to text values in cells (in a column right next to the cells that have the Comments). Is there a function or other tool for doing this in Excel 2000? Hi Tom, You can use a User Defined Function to do that. Cell Comments http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#mycomment --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "t...

Sending English and Japanese text in Outlook 2003
I met Japanese people on my holidays and they kindly emailed me some phantastic holiday snaps a few weeks later. They hardly spoke any English and I want to send them an Email in Outlook 2003, thanking them in English, and then include an automatic Japanese translation, similar to a 'Babelfish' generated one. I cut and paste the Japanese translation into my Outlook 2003 email and sent it to another email address of mine for test purposes, and all I received instead of the Japanese characters were question marks. I am wonderin what do I need to do to make it highly likely that m...

Picts in text
When I receive picture or other e-mail from a friend it occasionally arrives as a "txt" file. Not all the time... Occasionally also, if he sends me a series of, say 5 or 6 picts I have just a box with the red x, but as I sroll farther down the page the pictures are present. thanks in advance, jem what email client does he use? the problem could be on his end or yours. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginn...

Text box in drawing toolbar in Excel
Once I created a text box, I would like to delete the border so it shows only the text and no border when printing. Thank-You B.W. One way select the textbox, right click the border, select format text box, select colors and lines, in the dropdown for the line area select a white colour -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Nothwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "B.W." <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBE4CD94-3D3D-4E32...

Delete rows with specific text
Hi all, I have figured out how to use the replace feature to replace certain words or lines with others. My question is: Can this or any other feature be used to delete entire rows? For example, I have several rows to be deleted spread out over a worksheet that is hundreds of pages long. All of these rows begin with the word "press". Any suggestions? Thank you very much. -- Thanks, David Two options. 1. Can you sort your data? If so, sort based on the cell that begins with "press" then all of the rows you need to delete will be together and you can dele...

Importing from delimited text file & removing duplicates
Hi I have a problem which I hope someone can help me with because I really don't even know where to start with it. I am using Access 2003. I have a delimited text file which contains about 200,000 lines. There are only 2 fields, Role and ID. The role field contains many duplicates, out of the 200,000 records I think there are only 16,000 unique roles. Role ID AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK EE1 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK LT10 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK LT18 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK LT3 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_CLK LT7 AB_F2S_COST_PLAN_...

Graphic and text resizing
I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it. But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller. I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a whole. Help! -- Norma Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...