diagonal text

HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE
0
scott7693 (519)

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote
(in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>):

> HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE

Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your
posts very hard to read.

Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher
version.

By the way, questions end with question marks (?).

What version of Publisher are you using?
In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your number.
In newer versions there is a rotate handle (green) on the text box, or you can custom
rotate, right-click the text box, format text box, size tab...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"SCOTT" <SCOTT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE

0
gsauer (5094)

How do I delete an unwanted dotted line in the middle of my text.
I can't delete it. I didn't put it in, it just appeared. I can't even select it. In Borders and tables, it doesn't show that anything is there. What is this and how can I get rid of it? What version of Word are you using? Is the line horizontal or vertical? If it's horizontal, does it extend all the way across the page or just from the left to the right margin? I'm assuming that it's not a section break, column break, or page break, since those are identified, at least in recent versions of Word. They can also be deleted. Does the line pri...

Excel 97 User Defined Charts & Text Boxes
I created and saved a user defined column chart that included text boxes on the chart. However, when I used this chart to create a new one, the text boxes disappeared. Has anyone encountered this before? What are some remedies I can try? Excel doesn't save everything that was in the chart on which you based the custom type. There's some information in the following MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=214318 Instead of a custom chart type, you could record a macro in which you format the chart and add the text boxes. Ella Davis-Suggs wrote: > I cr...

oblique text
Is there a way to make a text oblique, using CHARFORMAT? I don't think there is... you could use CFE_ITALIC to make it italics, but if you want to do anything fancier you'll likely have to do it graphically or do your own font. That's just what I know though. Someone else may have a better idea. I did find this article that may be of interest to you: http://69.10.233.10/KB/cpp/oblique_txt.aspx Tom "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:OEDgEAIoIHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make a text oblique, using CHARFORMAT? >...

Is it possible to skew text or justify it along a diagonal margin?
Publisher 2003 Without creating a graphic as a placeholder to wrap text around, is there a way to justify a paragraph of text along a specified diagonal margin at an angle or skew it? For example, text should flow horizontally across the entire width of the text box for the first line. But progressively, as more lines are entered, each successive line should indent a fraction more from the left (or right) than the previous line until at the vertical end of the text box, the text on the final line fills about 1/2 of the original horizontal width of the first line. Why not use a graphic...

OLEDB
I=92ve set up an OLEDB link between two excel workbooks. When I bring the data across the first 7 columns convert the numerical data to text whilst the following columns are correctly formatted as numbers. I=92ve gone back to the source spreadsheet and everything is correctly formatted as numbers. Why does OLEDB do this ? I cannot find out how to get the data coming across in the correct format ? ...

Removing Spaces from Text
Hello Everybody, I have a table of numbers where each number is preceded by a space. This makes the content seem as "Text" to Excel. However, I want to convert this text in to proper "Numbers" so that I can perform some operations on them. I tried using a macro to do the job. However, on running the macro, the values of the cells are also modified. This is not the desired result. Anybody who knows of a solution, please help me. Hopefully, Satyajit Bhagwat Hi A couple of things to try - using a helper column alongside your existing data. =VALUE(A2) might do the tri...

How to get the text from another window?
hi,all For example, In MSDN help program, there are many items in the left list box when you type whatever key word. Can I get these itmes' text in anohter program? I did a test, put a CListBox in a dialog and then , in another program, get the handle of this list box and use list.Attach(handle) , then you can get all text by the list. But in msdn help program, it is not a CListBox, how to do that? Is possible? Thanks What exactly do you mean by the MSDN list box? Are you talking about the part of the Index where the topics are listed? -- Alec S. alec <@> synetech &l...

A diagonal line prints across part of my Publication
I have created a text box and used border art around it. I have then copied and pasted a total of six of these "description cards onto the page. It didn't happen at first but I now get a diagonal line that prints through one of the six (bottom left). I have deleted and recreated that particular section. I have now recreated again from scratch the whole thing over and it worked fine. Now that I have opened it again after several days to print again, the exact same thing happens in the exact same place. Please help if you can!! Thanks, Tim Any chance you'd send me t...

print text boxes
The text boxes on a graph no not print. You have probably added the text boxes to the worksheet, not to the chart. When you select the chart, do the text boxes disappear? To make a text box as part of a chart, select the chart, then use the text box drawing tool to make the textbox. Easier still, select the chart, then start typing, and the text will appear in a new text box in the chart. You can select and cut the textboxes you have now, which are outside of the chart, then select the chart, and paste, and they will become part of the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

Changing the size of the text
How can I change the size of the text, in the folders of outlook. The body of the program, not the text in the program ...

text diagonal
Occasionally I need to put big color text, something like: "PAID" or "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CANCELLED" diagonally on certain spreadsheetS. How can I put it diagonally rather than only horizontally or vertically. Thanks. hi, format>cells>allignment tab>orientatins box adjust the spin button up to 45 degrees. Regards FSt1 "Sunantoro" wrote: > Occasionally I need to put big color text, something like: "PAID" or > "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CANCELLED" diagonally on certain spreadsheetS. > How can I put it diago...

i type in a text box but it changes other text boxes
Help! I am using one of the default publication designs in Publisher. When I type in a text box on the cover page, it changes the text boxes on the following pages. How do i stop this from happening??? Stop using one of the text boxes that's synchronized on the other pages. Title blocks, issue/volume numbers, dates - all those tend to be carried over to the other pages. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tomth147" <Tomth147@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11BE7DC0-4C9C-4C3E-A8FF-7AF9C6262CB7@microsoft.com... > Help! I am using one...

Convert text date to mmddyyy date
I have 3 columns containing the date. A=Month (Text-January) B=Day (Numeric 1-31) C=Year. I need to combine these 3 columns into one column in the date format mm/dd/yyyy. Thanks for your help! Try this in D1: =--(B1&A1&C1) and drag down Format the range as a date. that concatenation results in a string that looks like: 12January2008 The first minus coerces the date into a number (but a negative number). The other minus changes it to a positive number. And since dates are just plain old numbers (formatted nicely) in excel, it may even work! wx4usa wrote: >...

Putting Text AND Bitmap on MFC dialog
Does anyone have a solution for putting a small icon along with text on an MFC dialog button? With the existing button control it appears it will only do text OR a bitmap - not both. Any thoughts are much appreciated. "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04de01c3d943$6dc13280$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have a solution for putting a small icon along > with text on an MFC dialog button? With the existing > button control it appears it will only do text OR a > bitmap - not both. > > Any thoughts are much appreciated. You ...

Counting consecutive strings of text 01-28-10
Hi I want to be able to count how many consecutive numbers are in a column but once there is a break to count the next string in the same column. eg: A Apples Apples Apples Apples Apples NA NA Apples Apples Apples NA ..... So the output that i want is to count the string of Apples (ie: 5) skip the NA then give me a second output of 3. Is this possible? Thanks You need to be more specific... Do you want something like this: Apples Apples Apples Apples Apples....5 NA NA Apples Apples Apples...3 NA -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "SamG&...

Count Problem- cells with diagonal line
Hi I'm trying to count all cells in a range that have a diagonal lin accross the cell but so far no luck! :confused: Background: The Worksheet is an audit schedule and when an audit is completed diagonal (xldiagonalup) line is placed in the cell, for reporting I' like to obtain the total number of cells with the line. Would be sooooo grateful for a reply, I'm starting to loose the wil the live!!!!! Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this.... Ada -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Adam Push Alt+F11 and go to Insert>Module and in here past...

Text Box Data Validation
Having a bit of a problem with what should probably be a simple task. Outlined, what needs to be done is as follows: Text Box is initially locked to prevent accidental data changes User double clicks In double click event, text box is unlocked allowing data to be edited. In the BeforeUpdate event user is presented with a message box so they can confirm they want to change the data If the user selects "Yes", data is changed, focus is changed to next control and text box is locked. If the user selects "No", new data is discarded, focus is set to next control, and...

How to edit the size and make it bold of the Option Button text?
I can't find any option to set the size and protertises of the Option Button text. Any one can help me? Thanks very much! Cammie, If you embed a Option button from the Control Toolbox (as opposed to forms), you can go to the properties, Font and edit the size there. If you embed an Option button from the Forms toolbar, I believe you have to modify the Font size programatically. http://HelpExcel.com "Cammie" wrote: > I can't find any option to set the size and protertises of the Option Button > text. Any one can help me? Thanks very much! ...

Unbound text control, read from/write to text file
How to have unbound txtMailBody read content from a txt file and write to a txt file? I want user to have his own default content of email body which is from last time he run it. Thanks Why not use a table instead of a text file? Access is designed to use tables. To use a text file you need to reference the File System Object. Google it to find out the details of using it. Since the control is unbound you can read the data in the Current event based on the primary key of your table record. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish an...

How do I format a MSGBOX to show text and variables in a macro?
I have a macro that receives a variable that is input by a user (&rsp1) I want a MsgBox to display “Do you want to print off the data for “and the variable &rsp1. The MsgBox lookes like:- MsgBox "Do you want to print off the data for &rsp1 - 1?", vbYesNo, "Do you want to Print off” Additionally, if I know the location of a particular file, how do I incorporate an open to it? Any assistance offered will be appreciated. I'm not sure i ub=nderstand the second part of your question but try this for the first bit. Sub givemesomeinput() rsp1 = InputBox(&quo...

Plain Text Replies?
Greetings! Just installed Outlook 2003 and it is awesome!! Great new features, especially the Junk Mail Filter! However, I can't figure out how to specify to use plain text when replying to an email message??? When I reply to an HTML email, the settings from my "old" Outlook 2002 (which specified a font) is used. I have tried looking in the Options everywhere! Any ideas, comments, suggestions?? Thanks! God Bless! Rick www.EmbraceHisGrace.com Outlook replies in the format the message was sent on - you'll need to either convert all html to plaintext ...

Outlook mail HTML/text
Is there a way to filter mail from predefined addresses to be read as HTML, while keep "text" as the default reading format? -- HPN The "read as plain text" feature is global, but everything in your Junk = E-mail folder will show in plain text. You could use a rule to move mail = there and set a category for those non-junk messages, then use a = filtered view to see those messages but not the junk. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpst...

Splitting a text data
I have data as " WFGHJU " in one cell. I would like to split it as WF, WG, WH, WJ, WU CAN ANY BODY HELP =LEFT(A$1)&MID(A$1,ROW(A2),1) and copy down. -- David Biddulph "jeya" <jeya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:655BE0B1-865B-4526-A6E8-7AD5350E7B4E@microsoft.com... > I have data as " WFGHJU " in one cell. I would like to split it as WF, WG, > WH, WJ, WU > > CAN ANY BODY HELP > > > With the cell text in cell A1; try the below formula in cell B1 and copy/drag to the right =LEFT(TRIM...

Auto Text
I have backed up Word data onto laptop and my "normal" template in the "shared applications" under "templates" and cannot access my custom auto text entries. If I open "Normal," the auto text entries are there. If I then open a document already started, only the standard auto text entries are there and I cannot access my custom auto text entries. AutoText entries are style-dependent, so only show up if the cursor is in the style that matches the entry. AutoText entries are saved in templates. If your custom entries are not saved in the Normal t...