design templates

Once I download a new design template (Letterhead), how do I make it
available to all new documents.  Currently, I can use the new template for
one document.  However, when I import any data, it disappears.  Then, when I
go to choose a publication design, the template is not available.

How can I make new/downloaded design templates available from the
publication designs window?
0
Charlotte (13)

Are you asking about those from the Office web site? Once the download is complete,
save as...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Charlotte" <Charlotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Once I download a new design template (Letterhead), how do I make it
> available to all new documents.  Currently, I can use the new template for
> one document.  However, when I import any data, it disappears.  Then, when I
> go to choose a publication design, the template is not available.
>
> How can I make new/downloaded design templates available from the
> publication designs window?

0
gsauer (5094)
1/3/2006 10:58:26 PM
I saved the document as a template, but it still does not show up in the
publications design window.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you asking about those from the Office web site? Once the download is complete,
> save as...
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Charlotte" <Charlotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Once I download a new design template (Letterhead), how do I make it
> > available to all new documents.  Currently, I can use the new template for
> > one document.  However, when I import any data, it disappears.  Then, when I
> > go to choose a publication design, the template is not available.
> >
> > How can I make new/downloaded design templates available from the
> > publication designs window?

0
Charlotte (13)
1/4/2006 4:48:03 PM
Just save it without saving as a template.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
>I saved the document as a template, but it still does not show up in the
> publications design window.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are you asking about those from the Office web site? Once the download is
>> complete,
>> save as...
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Charlotte" <Charlotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Once I download a new design template (Letterhead), how do I make it
>> > available to all new documents.  Currently, I can use the new template for
>> > one document.  However, when I import any data, it disappears.  Then, when I
>> > go to choose a publication design, the template is not available.
>> >
>> > How can I make new/downloaded design templates available from the
>> > publication designs window?

0
gsauer (5094)

design templates
Once I download a new design template (Letterhead), how do I make it available to all new documents. Currently, I can use the new template for one document. However, when I import any data, it disappears. Then, when I go to choose a publication design, the template is not available. How can I make new/downloaded design templates available from the publication designs window? Are you asking about those from the Office web site? Once the download is complete, save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Char...

how do i change to the new design in outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 is installed on my computer but everytime I open the program the old design is what I see. > Outlook 2007 is installed on my computer but everytime I open the > program the old design is what I see. The Ribbon is only available in new message/appointment/task windows, not to the main Outlook window. -- f.h. Microsoft Outlook MVP ...

Excel 2000... Missing row and column designators. #4

Anyone had problems downloading templates for Excel 2000?
I have been trying for a week to download the Personal Budget template for Excel 2000. Each time I receive a message saying that there is a problem with Microsoft Office online server. This problem has persisted for a week now and makes me think that perhaps I am doing something wrong. As a new uswer to Excel, I do not know if this is the case and would appreciate any assistance available to enable me to complete this process Server is fine, but sounds like you are somehow blocking the cookies from the website that you need to enable If you see a red - in the bottom bar of IE, click on ...

Switching to design mode causes VS 2008 to freeze.
When I'm working on a web project and switch a page from source to design mode, VS hangs. Anybody have any thoughts? This doesn't appear to project specific - just that's it's a web page (.aspx) when it happens. TIA - Jeff. ...

Design specifications and guidelines
A small question. Where can i find the Design Specifications and Guidelines - Visual Design. Spacing: How many DLUs should there between 2 group boxes (vertically arranged) in a Dialog box? best regards bav In theory, as many as you want, but in practice, only as many as you use. Since Microsoft has abandoned any attempt to maintan GUI guidelines within their own products, there is very little reason to be too wound up about this kind of trivia (I have largely ignored most of it. Build a dialog box that looks good, and nobody is going to be counting pixels). For group boxes, you can...

Using decisions in Access design
Hi all, I want to set up an introductory page for an Access 2007 project. On this page would be some instructions and links to different pages with the usual form entries. Each of these pages would be different enough to warrant their own page and fields, but there would be similarities between all pages that need to keep them in the same database. Example: I have that introductory page with instructions and links to eight new pages. Fields 1-3 on each of the eight pages would contain identical types of information (Name, URL, and Password). These would have the same fiel...

Design
Hello, I have been working through serveral lessons within a workbook course but the problem that I am having is when I want to setup my own spreadsheet outside of the workbook I have problems with doing that. What type of approach should I take with designing a spreadsheet. Kelly I think that would depend on what it would be used for , Inventory, calculating values such as Cpk, Ppk, Stdev.... Sales report... they all have their own needs as to how you would design your spreadsheet, so that it suits the best of your needs. "Jessica@aol.com" wrote: > Hello, > > I...

Handling more than one email template
Hi, I'm a freelancer and depending on what company I am doing work for I'd like to set up Outlook to use more than one email template (html stationery style). Currently, Outlook is set up that one stationery style is used no matter what mailbox account I use. I'd ideally like Outlook to apply a stationery style depending on what email account I chose to send the email from. It's easy in Outlook Express as you just chose the stationery style from a drop down list. But I can't find a quick way of how to change stationery styles in Outlook. Any advice would be very...

Bug or By Design?
Hi, I recently had a problem with one of my XPath expressions which led me to believe there might be a bug in XmlNode, although it could be by design since I didn't find anything in the KB. Consider the the code appended below. The function CleanEmptyElements removes all empty elements from the document using a XPath expression. As you will notice in the code, I add two empty elements. If you check the resulting testXml.xml file, the "SpecialEmptyElement" element, though emtpy is still present. The only special thing about it is that I assign a null string to the InnerT...

Excel spreadsheet Normal Template
Does Excel have a normal template like Word? I would like to set it up with fonts, header/footer etc. but cannot find its location. It is not located on the C:drive\.\.\.\templates like Word. Thanks for your help. Regards Helga Helga, You can create one. Take a workbook, set up the formats as you require, and save it as a template file called Book.xlt in the XLStart directory. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Helga" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

accde
Hi, I have some VBA that modifies a report's design. However, the code throws an exception on this line: DoCmd.OpenReport rpt_name, acViewDesign I understand the reason why, so here's my question: Q) How can my VBA code modify a report in an accde file? Thanks On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:26:01 -0800, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Q) How can my VBA code modify a report in an accde file? It can't. You must use an accdb. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] Hello, I have the same problem... and I create several reports... ...

newsletter templates
Does anyone know where I can find additional publisher templates/styles to use with my community newsletter? I have used the ones that came with Publisher, but need some new designs to freshen up my newsletter. If so, would you please email info to bwood33@yahoo.com? Thank you. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=newsletter -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "theeditor" <theeditor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBD7886D-4228-456C-8DD7-A54B9119B246@microsof...

Design of connectors
Hello I need some help to optimise our systems, which I inherited. Our company has 2 sites, connected with a sufficient link of 1 mbit. Site 1 has an Exchange 2003/SP1 server with an address 10.0.0.1 and site 2 has an Exchange 2003/SP1 server with an address 20.0.0.1 Site 1 has an backup Internet link of 256 mbit to ISP1 and Site 2 has a main Internet link of 1 mbit to ISP2 (we are using ISA 2004) All internet traffic flows from Site1 to SiteB, through ISA and so on. How should I configure Exchanges SMTP connectors and routing group (RG) connectors at both sites to achieve maximum reliabilt...

Cash report template
Do you have any cash report template... Every day I 'm maintaing MIS of cash balance in all sources. Please help me in this...its urgent ...

Customizing and changing the default country in Contacts template?
When entering telephone or address information in Contacts in Outlook 2007, the 'Country' field defaults to 'United States'. Can this default setting be made a user option to customize and change to another country. For users outside of the US, it is tedious to continually have to override it. Outlook will use whatever you have set as the location for your operating system. -- Russ Valentine "djwallac" <djwallac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B0C1448-EFB4-483D-BE9A-11F9723312F4@microsoft.com... > When entering telephone or ...

Query design question?
Query1 retrieves data for 2,000 records from a series of linked tables that have about 100,000 recordset Query2 retrieves data for 5,000 records from another series of linked tables that has about a 100,000 recordset as well. Query1 and Query2 are linked on a customer ID (e.g.) Should there be a simple join between Query1 and Query2 on Customer ID, or would there there be a benefit to limiting the records in Query2 first? Yes, SQL Server app - have an old stopwatch, but didn't know if some general guidelines applied. "Jerry Whittle" <JerryWhittle@discussions.micros...

What does "(Bulk)" designation mean on email
I had a bunch of email show up suddenly all prefixed with (Bulk). No pattern of sender nor date sent. Some were two weeks old. Does anyone know what this means or what happened. Sound like something added by integrated anti virus or spam app, or possibly your ISP AV/Spam filters, nothing to do with Outlook "Mobydick" <Mobydick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8056B15-6391-43F2-899C-47DC8F2B369E@microsoft.com... >I had a bunch of email show up suddenly all prefixed with (Bulk). No >pattern > of sender nor date sent. Some were two we...

Invoice Designer not saving custom designs
Is anyone else running into an issue of Invoice Designer not saving custom designs? It seems to save ok, but the new invoice is not available from within Money Small Business 2005. See this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx#Business (second article in that section) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback...

Create files and performance design
Hi, I've a MFC VC++ 6 program which needs to be updated to write out image (jpg, 640x480) files at a rate of 1s. What is the best approach in designing the writer class, such that, it does not block the main thread while the images are written onto disk? My initial thought is the put the Writer class onto a separate thread? What are my alternatives? >My initial thought is the put the Writer class onto a separate thread? What >are my alternatives? Overlapped IO - see the FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED option of the CreateFile API. Dave You have a couple choices here. One is to ...

Freeze Excel Spreadsheet till template open first then spreadsheet
Hi, When I export the data from Access 2002 to excel spreadsheet after select excel templates. I couldn't open the spreadsheet until i open the template and then closed the template. I open the spreadsheet where i get the data from Access 2002. It works. Here is the area that I have trouble with. 'Hide warnings on the spreadsheet ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = False 'Save the workbook ExcellApplication.ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Turn spreadsheet warnings back on ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = True 'Make it visible ExcellApplication.V...

Designing a Brochure
I'm trying to put together a Real Estate Brochure as a hand out piece and I have little experience in publisher. I'm thinking a trifold on heavier paper, suitable for mailing. THere has to be existing templates for this, right? I'm using Publisher 2003. Try adapting one of these Real Estate http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011387581033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "eric12086" <eric12086@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:972BEE3D-97A2-4EE4-A65D-FEA63...

Invoice design #2
How can I make my designed invoice template the default one please? Joe wrote: > How can I make my designed invoice template the default one please? That's a tricky one. There is hope: I fought with it for more than a year, then it started doing what I want. Unfortunately, I never did figure out exactly what did the trick. Good luck... -- Steve Bell New Life Home Improvement Arlington, TX ...

Map template
I would like to create a template in word, that has a border, legend of symbols and date created section. All that has to be done is drop the drawing in the middle with everything outside explains the map. Eg: architectural drawing. I have all the symbols so i can seperate or make as a single legend .... or if somebody has a better idea or premade template -- Desert Dweller Maybe do it as a table with a variety of merged cells? Though it seems as though Publisher would be better for this task. On Jan 5, 1:57=A0am, Deutschland <Deutschl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

I have the template i want to use, however I am not sure how to us
an e-mail was sent to me with a spreadsheet I'm to complete. A co -worker helped me to create a template of that spreadsheet that I need to fill in but I don't have experience using templates. How do I get started, and how do I create a next page or sheet? I need to fill it in and than start the next page with the blank template...help Have you looked at the Excel help for templates? If so, at which stage did you have a problem? -- David Biddulph "mouse" <mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9209715-1DD7-4771-B23F-03BB8F916A10@microsoft.com...