Default File Renaming

When I save my files as webpages Publisher automatically
renames alllllll of my files to Img001 Img002 etc etc and
I have to go through the HTML and change ALL the file
names so that it pulls the right pictures... my site is
huge, this is tedious and annoying... can anyone help???

It is not renaming your image files, it is making copies of them. If you are
renaming those copies than your page won't load the images because the file
names will be wrong.
I recommend you visit my site and review the articles I have for the version
you are using.
If you require anything further please use our forum at
microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign

--
David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
Visit  www.davidbartosik.com

"Naoi" <cutiequesada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I save my files as webpages Publisher automatically
> renames alllllll of my files to Img001 Img002 etc etc and
> I have to go through the HTML and change ALL the file
> names so that it pulls the right pictures... my site is
> huge, this is tedious and annoying... can anyone help???

0
dbartosik (185)
7/24/2003 9:23:52 PM
I have to rename the copies.  Because each separate page I
upload, has the SAME filenames, each page of my site ends
up with IMG001 etc etc ... so it doesn't know which image
to pull up unless I rename them the original filename,
additonally when I go to replace an image or make a
change, I can't tell whats what, without opening each one
to see what they are.  I just want to turn it off, OR have
it rename it my original filename.  I will look at the
articles and see if I can find an answer.
Thanks.
Naoi

You don't need to open each image file to see what it is.  In your folder of
web files just do a View>Thumbnails.  Then you can see what each image is
right there and the number Pub has alloted to it.
But I wouldn't mess with Publishers image numbering system.  Every time you
republish your site with different/extra images, the numbers will be
different and a nightmare to renumber.
Blair.
> I have to rename the copies.  Because each separate page I
> upload, has the SAME filenames, each page of my site ends
> up with IMG001 etc etc ... so it doesn't know which image
> to pull up unless I rename them the original filename,
> additonally when I go to replace an image or make a
> change, I can't tell whats what, without opening each one
> to see what they are.  I just want to turn it off, OR have
> it rename it my original filename.  I will look at the
> articles and see if I can find an answer.
> Thanks.
> Naoi

excel wont open file
I have just instaled excel , and when i try to open a file it opens i Internet explorer , how can i fix this , what did i do wron -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Most likely fix for this problem is from within Excel: Tools > Options > General Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" OK Close Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel in the Registry using the following routine. Close Excel On the Windows Taskbar Start > Run Type the following exactly including the space between exe and / excel.exe /regserver OK....

Import vCard file to Outlook #3
I have Office 2007/Outlook on Vista. I want to import a vCard file of contacts which has been exported from jPilot on Linux. When I try it only imports the first contact, not the entire file of contacts. Questions: -Can Office 2007/Outlook on Vista import vCard version 3.0 format, or only the earlier version 2.1 format? (I can use either). -Can Office 2007/Outlook on Vista import a file of multiple vCards? Can it import a set of individual vCards in a folder? In any case, how do I get a bunch of vCards into Outlook? gus <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have Office 2007/Outlook ...

User Defined Fileds In An Item (Contact)
I'm using OXP. Is there a way to delete the "User Defined Fields In a Item (Contact)" without having to open each contact, going to the All fields page and manually deleting the fields. I'm using the "User Defined Fields In A Folder" and want to remove the fields saved in a contact that are not required. thxs srm No. Even with code you'd have to open (instantiate) each item and delete the fields. Once they are in the item it doesn't matter if the field is removed from the folder, the field is still in each item. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://w...

dbx file structure
how to create dbx file? what is this file format structure? is there anyone know it? thanx for answers.. Try asking in an Outlook Express newsgroups rather than one that supports Microsoft Outlook. (Outlook Express is under the microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer hierarchy.) "m_u_g_u_r" <m_u_g_u_r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:973FADA9-3074-49F9-A55F-45E6E97FCC9D@microsoft.com... > how to create dbx file? > what is this file format structure? > is there anyone know it? > > thanx for answers.. m_u_g_u_r schrieb am 11.01.2005 00:19: ...

Attached file size (very) different on Outlook and OWA
I noticed that an attached zip file on an e-mail was - correctly - shown as 27 MB in Outlook, but in OWA it's size was said to be 36 MB. That's quite a difference I think. Can anyone explain it? Regards, Kim When you convert MAPI to MIME, it bloats about 30%. "Kim Stahnke" <kimstahnke@tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:uqPveopIGHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I noticed that an attached zip file on an e-mail was - correctly - shown as >27 MB in Outlook, but in OWA it's size was said to be 36 MB. > That's quite a difference I think. Can anyone ex...

Change default search to Value, not formula?
Every time I start a word search, the default searches for fomulas instead of value. So everytime I have to open up the option button and change it to value instead of formula. How do I change that default setting? lbbss Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. ...

How to turn off "Backup of" .. xlk files ?
When I export XLSX files from Access 2007 and then open those files in Excel, I get another copy of the file renamed to "Backup of (filename) .xlk. I know I can turn this off with Save As Tools General Options, but that has do be done with every file I create from Access. This is an annoying feature and needs to be disabled. HOW do I stop this from ever happening again? Always create a backup is not the Excel 2007 default for new workbooks. Have you altered the default workbook in any way and saved as BOOK.xltx in your XLSTART folder? Perhaps BOOK.xltx has the create ...

Powerpoint 2003 hangs when trying to open or save a file
100% failure rate, uninstalled and reinstalled office 2003, installed all security updates (each time checking between SP's to see if they had solved the issue), reimaged entire hard drive, also purchased a new HD (just in case that was the issue)...still nothing...office tools that help you to recover a program just have it crash and an error pops up that I send to Microsoft.... have sent error to Microsoft 30+ times to hopefully get a resolution.....I have tons of presentations due in the morning and this has been going on since yesterday....all other office products work j...

Import txt file into excel with 281,344 rows
Hi, I've got a very large txt file that I need to import into excel. It has 288,344 rows. Is there a way I can do this? The fields on my txt file are separated by a pipe "|" Thanks in advance. If you're using xl2007, then that data will fit. Open the .txt file and choose delimited by | If you're using xl2003 and below, you could use your favorite text editor to make several smaller .txt files (65536 rows or smaller) and import each into separate worksheets. JulieM39 wrote: > > Hi, I've got a very large txt file that I need to impo...

Problem opening serialized file via Open command associated with file type
I have an SDI MFC application that produces a serialized project file via CObject's serialization support. The application can read the file from within the application just fine. The installer registers the program and the file extension properly and associates the file type with the application. However, when I double click on the project file, the application generates an "Unexpected File Format" message. Is there a method in the document class that needs to added to handle this functionality? I want to try and debug the problem but not sure how to invoke the debugg...

All of my Publisher 2000 files are write protected
Every day I work in a file, I need to save a new version because they are write protected. Once I've made a new version for the day, I can continue to work in and save that file just fine, but the next day I'll get the write protected message again and have to save to a new version. This just started happening recently, I never changed my settings or set anything up to write protect. How do I turn it OFF? Its annoying to have so many versions of the same thing and too easy to start working in the wrong one. Are you saving your files to a removable disk? Do you mean your files are rea...

Need VB code to batch convert xlr files
Anyone have some VB code suitable for use with Excel 2003 that can used to batch convert a folders worth of wlr files to Excel worksheets (xls)? Thanks, Bill "Bill" <billstan...@psln.com> wrote... >Anyone have some VB code suitable for >use with Excel 2003 that can used to >batch convert a folders worth of wlr >files to Excel worksheets (xls)? XLR meaning Works files? Can't be done in Excel since Excel can't read Works files. If Works can save in any Excel XLS file format, you'd need to save these XLR files as XLS files in Works. You'd need to u...

coversion of 2000 file to 97
I have made a file in Access XP (2000) having a switchboard. This file needs to be loaded on a computer which has Office 97. With the tool available in access (Tools - Database Utilities - Convert Databse), I did convert this file to 97. Now, when I open this file in the machine having Access 97, the code of Switchboard is giving as error - it gets stuck near the statement "Set con = Application.CurrentProject.Connection" Could anyone please help Regards Nandkumar Hello, The code that is created with the switchboard manager is referencing ADO/Access 10 objects. Ac...

Prevent Access To already open file
Hi, I am new to excell and this forum. Is there a way of preventing someone else opening an excel spreadsheet whilst it is being edited by someonelse even read only. Regards Dave:confused: -- ashtod1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ashtod1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30168 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498523 ...

How to find Latest n files from a directory using VC++
Dear Experts , I am developing an application in VC++ 6.0 . My application is releated with reading and writing large numbers of file . i have one directory say [C:\Test] which contains 10,000 files and may be more . i want to know how can i find latest 20 files that is created in C:\Test . I am using CFileFind and CFileStatus to find file and to Get Creation time of file but i think as my content of directory increases it will comsume more time for searching latest 20 files ...... Can anyone tell me how to come around this searching problem... is there any readymade class available th...

Cached Exchange Mode not selected but OST file is still created.
I'm trying to figure out why an OST file is being created even though Exchange Cached mode is not selected. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? I'm using Outlook 2003 with the latest updates. Thanks, Jaycee Is the machine configured for offline folders, which are still available = as an option if Cached Exchange mode is not used?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

can't create schema for qualified attributes in element with default namespace
Hi, I have a xml file like the one below <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><e1 xmlns:e1="http://tempuri.org/Source1.xsd" e1:att1="1" e1:att2="2" e1:rest="345"/> If I try to create a schema for it with Visual Studio, I get the error "Failed to create a schema for this data file because: Although this XML file is well formed, it contains structure that Data View cannot display. The 'http://tempuri.org/Source1.xsd:att1' atrribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (7,8)" However if I qualif...

Outlook Files
I am rebuilding my PC and I have used another HardDrive to do so. It is all built but what I want is all of the info that was in outlook on the other Hard drive. I need to know what Files I ned to move over in order to have all of my Outlook info IE....Contacts, Personal Address Book, and all of my old e-mail. Thank you in advance for your resonses Sue Mosher's Slipstick... Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mike" <goff@mtaonline.net> wrote in message news:00...

default cell format
Is there a way to set a "global" cell format such that when I enter a date, it's automatically set to the format I like to have, without having to re-format every cell? I'm not familiar with the newest versions of Excel, but I expect the process is similar to EXCEL97 with which I'm familiar. Construct a spread sheet with the desired format and save it in the Template directory as "CustomDate.xlt" On my machine, Microsoft's installation program placed those templates in the directory: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates" Subsequent...

Sheets in an excel file.
Is there a way to return to a list in a worksheet the names of all the Sheets in an excel file? I have a file with 50 sheets and I want to have them in a list like a table of contents sheet, but I dont want to do it manually if possible. Thanks for your help. Steven You can find some code also at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm He actually builds the table as hyperlinks--so you can click on them. If you're new to macros, you may want to read David's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Steven wrote: > ...

Weird problem saving a file
Hey guys. This one is hard to explain. I have a file tha automatically pulls different numbers from financial statement that i in Excel format. It pulls the numbers and does about a hundre calculations for me automatically. it saves me a ton of time. download the financial statement every month and then use this file t analyze it. My problem is that I can't figure out how to do a "Save As" that keep the numbers for that one month without autopopulating the numbers nex month. As in, I can't save different months because they al autopopulate with the newest month FS....

pst file #7
We have pst files on network shares, our users can read and connect having all proper rights to these folders will moving messages to pst file we receive error cannot write to file. Outlook 2003 Win2k servers Why Outlook .pst files are unsupported over a LAN or WAN link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297019&Product=out2K --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

Default Template (Excel 2000 for Windows)
Does anyone know where Excel stores the default template settings for worksheets? When I start up Excel, the Fill Color icon in the formatting toolbar defaults to yellow. I would like it to default to another color. I am aware that I can set up a custom template but I am just curious to know where the default settings are stored. Thanks. ---- Tiziano The default settings are stored internally. If you put a template named "Book.xlt" in your XLStart folder, that template will be used for new workbooks. In article <106scpsc0m1hd99@corp.supernews.com>, "Tiziano"...

How do I shut off making a backup copy of a file when I save in E.
We have a shared worksheet that many people access and make changes to. Every time someone saves the file, Excel creates a backup copy of the file in the folder. How do I shut that feature off? options button on the save screen Choose File>Save As At the top right of the Save dialog box, click the Tools button Select General Options Remove the check mark from 'Always create backup' Click OK, click Save Click Yes, to replace the existing file. kboley2004 wrote: > We have a shared worksheet that many people access and make changes to. > Every time someone saves the file...

Converting QIF files to Excel
Quicken Interchange Format? How do I convert these files to a useful format (txt, csv, excel)? My wife's bank seems to think that all the world has either MS Money or Quicken installed. We have neither, nor do I want to install them just download banking information. Have invested a huge amount of time googling I've found an sed script[1] or an excel plugin ($$) [2]. While the sed script is esthetically appealing there has to be a simpler way than teaching my wife how to use and ancient Unix tool. Just try explaining what a Stream Editor is to a normal human being and I think you w...