Data merge from Excel 2007

I am creating a series of open house flyers in Publisher 2007 which
will pull their data from an Excel 2007 data source. I am using the
Catalog Merge function.

I want to be able to determine the numeric format in the merged
document, but so far I am not able to do that.

I have made a table in the Excel source file and saved it. The table
is in a named range. I have gone into My Data Sources and created a
new ODBC connection to the named range. This opens a new Excel
workbook.

In Publisher, I start the Catalog Merge wizard, then connect to the
data source. I drag the desired fields into the appropriate spots in
Merge area.

All that works fine, so far. My problem is that I can't find a way to
set the numeric format in those merge fields (e.g. $300,000, not
300000). I'm not seeing any menu item in Publisher where I can do
that.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Joe Parsons
0
jmparsons3 (19)

Have you thought about formatting the money field as text in the Excel workbook?
Manually typing $300,000?

Mary
"Joe Parsons"  wrote in message

[...]

Excel 2007
When files are already open by another user, we have found that only users with Administrator permissions on their computers are able to open files read-only. If the user only has basic user permissions they receive a message stating the file could not be found. This was not a problem with Office 2000 (which we recently upgraded from). Any ideas? Thanks, Chris ...

ms excel 2000 password
I am using MSExcel2000. I want the user to enter the password everytime they open the excel sheet. I tried to go the option Tools----Option but there is no Security Tab. What is the other way in Excel2000 to set the password for the file? Hi you have to go to the Tools menu within the Saveas dialog ('File - Saveas') "Ash" wrote: > I am using MSExcel2000. I want the user to enter the password everytime they > open the excel sheet. I tried to go the option Tools----Option but there is > no Security Tab. What is the other way in Excel2000 to set the password for...

document tracker using Excel not Access
does anyone have a document tracker using Excel; our office uses Access but I don't like it ...

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

file names in excel
When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I have entered. What is set wrong? Doesn't sound right. Show us the code that you use. -- HTH Bob Phillips "TonyB" <TonyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCC8463-39BE-40D2-84C4-44311DEE14FA@microsoft.com... > When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I > have entered. > > What is set wrong? WinXP? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode...

Switchboard Me.FilterOn not working in 2007 Full Version
Thanks for your time, first off! Situation is this: A 2002 database in place for years with a stock Switchboard - no tweaks, nothing out of the ordinary. Compiled FE works fine for 2002 runtime and full version. A User moved to 2007 and the client is not filtering as expected. When User loads into the uncompiled FE they are able to click "Toggle Filter" on the ribbon and the SW works fine. (Of course, the TF button is unavailable in the compiled FE - and this should not be necessary anyway.) Obligatory code insert: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) ' M...

How to organize data?

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

2003 files not looking right in 2007
I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003. Whew, it was a mess. Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003 opened it and it was fine. Why is this? I have to almost redo the whole brochure if I am going to use it in 2007. Am I missing something. Thanks Different printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C260E80A-0B9E-4965-AFFB-8DB24DF05B32@microsoft.com... >I opened a brochure in 200...

data file: how to start its application

Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007
I've looked through this forum pretty extensively and can't seem to find a clear answer to this. Probably because I'm having senior moments :-). A friend just got a new laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with Office 2007 Basic installed. His current laptop is running Windows XP Media Center with Office 2003. I have just setup his Outlook 2007 profile. Can I take his .pst from the Outlook 2003, copy it to a flash drive then replace the Outlook 2007 .pst created when I set up the profile with it? Will that carry across all his custom folders, contacts, calendar, etc.? The...

Excel
Hi, is it only possible to add a combo box to a user form? If i create a generic function i'd like to be accessible to me anytime (like th sum function int he toolbar but different) what would be the best wa fo doing it (ie. a button i click but a button that's always visible). A simple button can be made into a user created toolbar, but if thi function of mine has certain options and I'd like to show those option in a combo box (Well only one option :) and have a command butto beside that... (I guess that would be a combo box with a list and command button) can I put these two...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Saving a Excel 97 file into Excel 2003 file
There is no problem in opening a Excel97 file into Excel 2003. The problem occurs when trying to perform "Save As" after that. The error message is "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications." The file is only about 2.5MB and there is no other applications running in the background except the normal firewall and antivirus programs. The interesting thing about this problem is that, it occurs on one PC and not on another? Both PC got 512MB DDR Ram and plenty of space in hard drives. The total paging s...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...