Cut or Copy Error

Hello and thanks ahead for looking at my problem. I am running MS Pub
2000 on XP Home edition with all updates for both installed. I'm trying
to update some pages that I have updated before but not for 6 months or
so but nevertheless I have done it many time for years. Whenever I try
to copy or cut, with the menu or by Control C or x, I get a -->>
Microsoft� Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a problem and
needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.<<-- It doesn't
matter where on the form I try to copy the results are the same. I have
17 forms that look alike but with diff info and I get this error on
all. On other forms with just plain text it works OK. I have used these
forms for for the past 15 years with no Problems, why all of a sudden
this error? The only diff between the ones that work and the ones that
don't work is Option Buttons. Could this be the villan and if so how
can I fix it?  Thanks for your time.  John :)
0
johnny1r (5)

Go to the web site of your video/graphics card manufacturer and look around for
an updated driver.
I'm not sure I understand the "options" button. Are you using these forms on a
web page?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Johnny1r" <johnny1r@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello and thanks ahead for looking at my problem. I am running MS Pub
> 2000 on XP Home edition with all updates for both installed. I'm trying
> to update some pages that I have updated before but not for 6 months or
> so but nevertheless I have done it many time for years. Whenever I try
> to copy or cut, with the menu or by Control C or x, I get a -->>
> Microsoft� Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a problem and
> needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.<<-- It doesn't
> matter where on the form I try to copy the results are the same. I have
> 17 forms that look alike but with diff info and I get this error on
> all. On other forms with just plain text it works OK. I have used these
> forms for for the past 15 years with no Problems, why all of a sudden
> this error? The only diff between the ones that work and the ones that
> don't work is Option Buttons. Could this be the villan and if so how
> can I fix it?  Thanks for your time.  John :)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/29/2008 9:42:52 AM
Thank you Mary for your quick response.  Yes I use these pages on a
personal family website. I have been using these same pages  with the
same video/graphics card for years so I don't see that could be the
problem but I will try to get the updates and I will let you know the
results. Thanks again!! JOhn :)

Mary Sauer wrote:

> Go to the web site of your video/graphics card manufacturer and look
> around for an updated driver.
> I'm not sure I understand the "options" button. Are you using these
> forms on a web page?
0
johnny1r (5)
7/29/2008 10:43:40 PM
You should take this over to the web design group

Video drivers need updating now and then as well as printer drivers. I'd be
interested to know if the video driver helped.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thank you Mary for your quick response.  Yes I use these pages on a
> personal family website. I have been using these same pages  with the
> same video/graphics card for years so I don't see that could be the
> problem but I will try to get the updates and I will let you know the
> results. Thanks again!! JOhn :)
>
> Mary Sauer wrote:
>
>> Go to the web site of your video/graphics card manufacturer and look
>> around for an updated driver.
>> I'm not sure I understand the "options" button. Are you using these
>> forms on a web page?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

KDC Errors for CRM server
Hello Iam getting KDC error 11 in the event log on my DC. The error is DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL duplicate etc.. etc I used ldp.exe to search for the host and these are the results : 1 Windows 2003 server has CRM server + SQL serve expansion.ceeed.umd.edu = MS CRM serve CEEE MS CRM = user account that I created to run the SQL service Here is the ldp.exe log Any help is very much appreciated thank you vikrantc ***Searching.. ldap_search_s(ld, "DC=ceeed,DC=umd,DC=edu", 2, "serviceprincipalname=host/expansion.ceeed.umd.edu", attrList, 0, &msg Result <0>: (null Matc...

Another Error 80040e19 question
I have gotten this error trying to add a replica pointing to either of my new 2003 exchange boxes from the public folders on an existing exchange 2000 box. All the knowledgebase and newsgroups post (read dozens of posts and solutions over the past 2 weeks) seem to link this with IIS (urlscan or lockdown), neither of which have I installed. Both of my exchange 2003 machines are running on Windows 2003. The root of the public folders is on a 5.5 box, with a functioning replica on a 2000 box. I have dug around in IIS6 to see if their is a security configuration that needs to be adjus...

Short cuts?
Is there a way to get excel in a macro to put a shortcut to the current file on to the desktop? Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg, Here is some code Sub CreateShortCut() Dim oWSH As Object Dim oShortcut As Object Dim sPathDeskTop As String Set oWSH = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") sPathDeskTop = oWSH.SpecialFolders("Desktop") Set oShortcut = oWSH.CreateShortCut(sPathDeskTop & "\" & _ ActiveWorkbook.Name & ".lnk") With oShortcut .TargetPath = ActiveWorkbook.FullName .Save End With Set oWSH = Nothing...

Backup Copies
How do I disable the creation of the backup copy? Created in 97, used thru 2000 & 2003. Deleting file just causes a new one to be created next time I run spreadsheet. Hi Tony, Don't confuse backup with Excel's requirement to maintain two copies of a file while working on it. If this involves diskettes you should be aware that you should never access removeable media directly from Excel or risk loss. You might wish you didn't stop creating a backup copy (.XLK) for your file, but Save As (F12 key), then on the Save As Dialog menus: Tools --> General Options, *uncheck*...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

outlook express error message
I just got hi-speed internet access and have outlook express as my main mail vendor. On Outlook Express I have several mail boxes that work fine except for one. I can receive mail through that mail box but cannot send out any mail. The mail just sits there. What can be the remedy to fix the outgoing mail for the mail? Here is the error message that I receive: The connection to the server has failed. Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks! Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outloo...

Error in copying HTML Table to Excel
I have Excel 97 (english version) installed on my WIN NT and when I try to COPY a table from IE6.0 (HTML) which uses Greek encoding, and PASTE into Excel I get undefined characters. ...

Duplicate Record Error
We are switching our CRM 1.2 to a different server and then upgrading it to 3.0 After redeploying and installing 1.2 on a different server we were successfully able to upgrade to 3.0 with only a few hiccups however the upgrade completed fully Now in CRM when I try to create a lead, contact or an account i get a Duplicate Record Error saying A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be create, Select one or more unique values and try again. We have no problem creating opportunities or any other thing, and when we try to convert a lead to an opportunity there is no...

extended stored procedures causing logical page errors?
Where do I get the latest SDKs for building extended stored procedures? I know they are frowned upon these days, but in this case I have no choice. Thanks. What version of SQL Server are you using? If it is 2005 or 2008 you should look at using CLR functions or stored procedures and all you need is dotnet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Neil W" <neilw@netlib.com> wrote in message news:OWpTPZcfKHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Where do I get the latest SDKs for building extended stored procedures? I > know they are fro...

Word 2007 error when trying to insert an object link.
I get the following error when I try to add an object link to a visio 2007 drawing: "The program used to create this object is Package. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that can open the object." I'm able to add the drawing as long as I don't check the 'Link to File' option. Unfortunately, our company policy is to link to the file. The file is stored in SharePoint and I give the entire path to the file. When the file is stored locally everything works fine. This has me stumped and any...

Excell
Can anyone help - Im finding that if i Cut an entire row which has cells in it that hve Conditional Formatts and Insert that row elsewhere in a workbook that the conditional formatts get all messed up, this seems to be a glich with Excel 2000 - does any one know of any fixes - it doesnt do the same think in Excel XP. Please email me if you can help or know how i can ask microsoft direct without it costing me a fortune Jim, My guess is that the Conditional Formatting is using a formula rather than a cell value. It may be the relative/absolute cell references in the formulas. Give de...

Copying Graphs to Word
Using Office XL. I am copying graphs from Excel to a Word document. The copy command does pick-up the graph area and pastes over to Word. However, consistently it will drop one or two legends/text boxes in the copying process. Which one it drops is not consistent. The rest of the graph will be great and pops right in. Any suggestions? I can be corresponded to directly at this newsgroup or e-mail. Have you tried Edit|Paste Special and specified Picture (Metafile)? The chart will be static (not linked to Excel workbook). Bernard "Jim" <tpj0001@aol.com> wrote in me...

Dynamics 9 upgrade and field service error in utilities
I am following the upgrade instruction to the tee. I installed version 9 on the server to a new location, launhed utilities, then cancelled, in order to install SP #2. I now launch utilities and in the product validation, I get an error in 1 of our 15 databases: Unable to get extended version info for product 949 (field service). We don't use this, nor did I install this. Why is it trying to update a product we do not use, nor did I select during the 9.0 install? ...

copy bitmap to Lotus Notes and email
Hi, I am trying to copy a range of cells as a bitmap file and copy that file into Lotus Notes using my macro. Can anyone help me? This is the offending code: Range("A1:L36").Select Selection.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlBitmap bodytext = ActiveSheet.Paste At the moment the variable bodytext represents the data I want to appear in the message. I adapted the code from elsewhere where this was defined as a string, but i changed it to a variant as string and bitmap are probably not compatible. Help help please! cheers, David ...

Text being cut off
Hello - I have a portrait folded card (tent card) that I am using to make place settings. The name of the person is in a text box at the bottom of the page as normal, then at the top the text box is rotated so that the name is upside down -this way when the card is folded in half the name is rightside up on both sides. The text in the box that is upside down is being barely cut off when I print, just as if the top third is being shaved away straight across. Is this a publisher issue because the text is flipped or could it be my printer? thank you! It is the limitation of your printer...

items search error
When i click on Inventory >> Items >> i am getting "Violation of Primary key constraint" can't insert duplicate key" error. I am not trying to insert anything. It's working fine in Test company. what went wrong? thanks ...

errors in send recieve
I get the following messages when I try to use my Outlook=20 2002. I have three email accounts and I only get this=20 error on one of them. I tried calling earthlink but they=20 said it is a microsoft issue. Task 'pop.earthlink.net - Sending and Receiving' reported=20 error (0x800CCC65) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server=20 has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive=20 this message, contact your server administrator or=20 Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?=1A? =1C??=F4?=01' Task 'pop.earthlink.net - Sending' reported error=20 ...

Problem Copying Charts to PowerPoint
I have some Excel code that copies some Excel charts to PowerPoint. It's giving me an error message that the clipboard is empty. Something in my code must be emptying the clipboard, but I don't see what it is. The error message occurs when I try to paste the chart at the last line of the code shown below: Range("Analysis_Left").CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture 'Open PowerPoint Set myAPP = CreateObject("Powerpoint.Application") myAPP.Visible = True myAPP.WindowState = ppWindowMinimized ThisWorkbook.A...

0x80004005 error
We have a user on Windows XP, Office XP SP3 that is getting (very inconsistently) Send/Receive errors stating Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - sending' reported error 0x80004005. The Operation failed. We've done everything from deleting his POP3 and readding it, to uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook. Any suggestions? Any Norton AntiVirus being used: Error message when you send or receive new e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329936 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Copy Security Task , Role from Installation to another In GP10
Hello I had test upgrade from GP 9 to GP 10 on test environment, then I setup some security roles and tasks, Now i need to upgrading in live server ..... the question here is: Is there a way to copy "Security Task ,Security Role and Alternate Modified/Forms and Reports" from Company to another company? such as Export All security from company then Import it in other company?? There are a number of security copy functions that are not provided in v10. You cannot, for example, copy a user's security to a new user. You can copy one user's company security to another com...

What files to copy
Hi all, I having some problems with my PC. (some type of virus I suspect). So I want to copy my Money files to a another HDD before I fdisk my boot drive. My backup copy is old. What files do I need to copy and where would I find them. I would go to the Microsoft FAQ's but no apps will actually start on the PC and I don't have web access here at work. Thanks. Hi Mr. InOnly Do a search for *.mny, and that should find all your money files and then you can select the ones you want. Bob "Mr. 1nOnly" <mr_1nonlyNO_SPAM@hotmail.com.remove> wrote in message news:_ixlb.3...

cut & paste with short cut keys (ctrl C V) with absolute cell refe
How do I cut & paste in Excel with short cut keys (ctrl C V) but maintain absolute cell references rather than it always keeping relative references Hi use a cell reference such as $A$1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Modeller Dave" <Modeller Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:285C1268-78E0-4BF9-80C6-D6D7DE97ACDD@microsoft.com... > How do I cut & paste in Excel with short cut keys (ctrl C V) but maintain > absolute cell references rather than it always keeping relative references ...

Proxy Error on a public folder in Exchange 2000
In Application Events i have tons of this errors: "Unable to create proxy folder object for the folder {name of the folder in public folders} in Active Directory" Any clue from where it may come from? Thanks in advance Fausto what's the event ID? does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309793/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Fausto" <dieffe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174982340.069361.182990@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > In Application Events i have tons of this errors: > > "Unable to create proxy folder object for the fo...

Outlook send/receive error with Dell and Earthlink
I've got exactly the same problem that "Greg" and "Dave" posted on Jan 15. My new Dell 4600 is running Outlook 2003 under XP, and seems to be properly configured for my earthlink account. "Test account settings" successfully sends a message to my account. But "send/receive" yields "An object could not be found" error message, and will not send or receive. So, what object would that be, and how do I fix this? I do not understand Frank Caraballo's suggestion to "check your gateway IP and your DNS IP." Advice here ...

Wrap/Picture/Copy Text/Background
Hello I have a few questions: 1. Is there a version of Publisher that had NO Text Wrap in the Picture Toolbar? 2. Is it possible to send a picture back or forward in Publisher as there is in Words Drawing Toolbar? Did any version of Publisher have a Drawing Toolbar like Word? 3. When copying text from the internet, sometimes the text can be inserted in an existing empty Text Box (like in a brochure template) and other times it creates it's own Text Box outside in the Work Area. Why? 4. When inserting ClipArt, is there any way to change the background of the ClipArt's box to...