curving text #2

 I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve
of the oval. Can't seem to do it...
0
Boop (1)

Give Word Art a try.  The "A" icon on the left side of the screen.

--
Don - Publisher 2000
Vancouver, USA

"Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve
> of the oval. Can't seem to do it...

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/24/2008 9:38:22 PM
I have the an example on my web site. Scroll way down
http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm
I also have a way to put text along any curved line on the bottom of this web
page.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve
> of the oval. Can't seem to do it...

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/24/2008 10:07:11 PM
What a great web site for word art.
However I am having trouble with putting the text on the curved line.
I copied and paste special (metafile),  but there does not seem to be any
grouping, therefore, no way to ungroup.
Can you figure out what I'm doing wrong?

--
SOB711

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I have the an example on my web site. Scroll way down
> http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm
> I also have a way to put text along any curved line on the bottom of this web
> page.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve
> > of the oval. Can't seem to do it...

0
SOB711 (23)
8/27/2008 12:32:00 AM
I think I got it! I did the Ctrl + Shift + G command (could not find any way
on the menus.
Really Neat!
Thanks
--
SOB711

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I have the an example on my web site. Scroll way down
> http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm
> I also have a way to put text along any curved line on the bottom of this web
> page.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve
> > of the oval. Can't seem to do it...

0
SOB711 (23)
8/27/2008 12:43:01 AM
You should be able to select the .wmf, Arrange, ungroup.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"SOB711" <SOB711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think I got it! I did the Ctrl + Shift + G command (could not find any way
> on the menus.
> Really Neat!
> Thanks
> --
> SOB711
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I have the an example on my web site. Scroll way down
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm
>> I also have a way to put text along any curved line on the bottom of this web
>> page.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve
>> > of the oval. Can't seem to do it...

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/27/2008 9:23:07 AM
Thanks!!
--
SOB711

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You should be able to select the .wmf, Arrange, ungroup.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "SOB711" <SOB711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I think I got it! I did the Ctrl + Shift + G command (could not find any way
> > on the menus.
> > Really Neat!
> > Thanks
> > --
> > SOB711
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> I have the an example on my web site. Scroll way down
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm
> >> I also have a way to put text along any curved line on the bottom of this web
> >> page.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
SOB711 (23)

changing text
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) In a previous version of excel, there was a open bar at the top that you could click on to edit the text in a cell, rather than retype the text into the cell you were working on. The text from the cell would appear and you could backspace and/or add in additional text that would then appear back in the cell. Any body know how I can get this? What you're looking for is the Formula Bar. Select if in the View Menu. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/19/10 8:37 PM, in article 59bb1451.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, &quo...

Union Query between 2 or more Queries
Is it possilbe to create a Union between two or more queries? I have created Union query between multiple Tables but haven't had any luck creating a union between other queries. If yes, could someone please share an example of the SQL that would be used to make such a query? TIA! It should be as simple as something like below IF all the fields in both queries match up. If they don't match up, you will need to specify the field names in the correct order. SELECT * FROM qryA UNION SELECT * FROM qryB ; -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keit...

Classes generated by XSD.exe #2
I have a schema that I've used to generate a class structure vis the xsd.exe utility. I'm having to manually validate the resultant XML since the resultant document is not necessarily compliant with the structure defined by the original XSD. Here's what I'm wondering, though..... I have a server process that is going to have to process these documents rather quickly. At the end of the document, there are going to be attached files (base64encoded). During this processing, there isn't any sense in loading up the entire XML statement into a DOM document because I only...

11-5678 turned into Nov-78? #2
Thanks Peo and Bernie! In fact this is our office extensions. Apart from 11-xxxx we also hav 12-xxxx. I'm trying to display employee contact info on a Web page, then use a HTML-to-Excel function to generate an excel file. The ' works perfect on Excel. However, when I call that function with plus the office extension variable in the code, the Excel corrected th Nov/Dec problem, but has ' before each extension. Any thoughts -- newusere ----------------------------------------------------------------------- newuserex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=g...

email text missing when sent
I compose an email within Outlook and send it. The sent email only contains the first character of the text. The recipient of the email does receive it, but with only the one character in the text. When I look at the copy of the email in my Sent folder, the text only has one character. I repeated the process several times with the same result. The above was done with my Options set to Rich Text. When I change my Options to use HTML, everything is sent fine. This problem just occurred yesterday. I've been sending emails without problem for months. I didn't change any set...

Formulas coming up as text
Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get formulas to always calculate. If your formulas appear as text, then you need to first clear the cells before entering formulas. Select the cells, hit Edit-->Clear-->All. Save the file, format the column as General, and try again. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "cheryl" <dianeshar14donotspam@example.com> wrote in message news:D6AAAAFF-9E92-4947-837F-9FA96984BD4D@microsoft.com... > Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get > formulas to alway...

Money Plus version for Europe #2
When will Microsoft deliver a new Money version for Europe? Or can we use Plus? As to the former, I wouldn't hold my breath but anything is possible. As to the latter, you can use it if you can obtain it. Some users have ordered it online using a bogus US Address. 1600 Pennsylvania Av, Washington DC has been used. But if you go down the US version path, there will never be any turning back for the data file--it will likely be tied to the US version forever. "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:063BF6A9-BEFC-456D-B594-71A3B2D0864D@microsoft.c...

MS Outlook 2003 for small business Tech Refresh 2
I loaded the initial Beta as an upgrade to Office XP Pro version with SP 2 (i think - whatever was the most current upgrage as of the middle of july.) I loaded Office then the other apps then loaded Small Business from CD. Then Upgraded to Tech Refresh when I tried to run Outlook I recieved an error message that Buttons failed to load. Reinstall Outlook Small Business. So I did now it doesn't show up in Outlook, No Small Business Tools Menu shows up. I have tried the following in the order described... Uninstalled Small Business Version and reloaded... Uninstalled Small Bus...

Can't have a null value if another field has text.
I have tried a few different things to try and get this to work, but I can't seem to figure it out. Basically, I have a form with some text boxes linked to fields on a table, and I want one of two things to happen (the first one would be preferred, but if that's not possible, the second would be just as good): 1) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, move the text from Field 2 to Field 1 and change Field 2 to a Null value. 2) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, a message box pops up that essentially says "You can't do ...

VBA Text Color
I would like to change the text color to Red for a string being returned to a window through vba when certain conditions are met. I can see the vbRed control but cannot get it to work, Object Required. Has anyone been able to change the text color through vba, and how is it set? Mick Hi Mick I don't believe VBA can directly change the colours on a Dexterity field or window. You can use the unsupported but very useful method of pass through Dexterity SanScript to change the colour of the text or the background. I think you already have the company background colour VBA example. I...

Outlook 2000 will not open #2
I have a user who's Outlook freezes when opened. I changed the pst file that was being accessed and Outlook opens fine. If you open the pst file, it will crash whatever Outlook you access the file from. The InBox repair tool does not find any errors. Is there any other way to repair this file and/or extract the data from it? Tim ...

Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......Scatter Curve.
The variables are part of a scatter diagram, i.e. the variables plotted on X axis do not have any defined relationship with the Variables of Y axis...... Hi, I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve.. I have data poitnts...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable X) and on Y axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in Excel Sheet how should i proceed. Data points are : Issuers Defaulters Cum Issuers % ...

Adding text to a form
I tried to find an answer today but I could not I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form How do I do this? I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my static text. You would think there would be a better solution that that, but I could not find any. "stella7113" wrote: > I tried to find an answer today but I could not > > > > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want > to use popups I jest want...

How to show multi-line text on a tooltip(CToolTipCtrl)?
Thanks! You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. --- Ajay Thanks a lot! I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully. But there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more test on different Window OSes. Thanks again! "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> news:1160827675.832962.264430@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. > --- > Ajay > You could try this control that Dun...

COUNT IF x 2
Hello everyone, I'm using the following formula to count the number of occurences in a list : =COUNTIF('Full Output'!K:K,"*Outlook Edition*") I however need to check another argument in that 'Full Output'!C:C must = "Sales". I would therefore like to say COUNTIF('Full Output'!K:K,"*Outlook Edition*" AND 'Full Output'!C:C, "Sales")) but can't seem to check for both. Thanks very much for your help, James Hi James COUNTIF will only work for one criteria. Use SUMPRODUCT instead: =SUMPRODUCT(('Full Output...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Coloured rows #2
Max & Don Thanks for your assistance. I have opted for the variation provided by Max as it worked first time. Thanks again. stm Max Wrote: > A variation of Don's suggestion ... > > If you have it set-up with the days in A2 down, i.e.:- > Mon > Tues > Wed > Thurs > Fri > Sat > Sun- > etc > > Press CTRL+A to select the entire sheet > Click Format Conditional Formatting > > Under Condition1, make the settings as: > Formula is| =OR($A1="Sat",$A1="Sun") > (Note that the dollar signs are important!) > >...

Counting Cells #2
How can I tally values in different cells that do no fall into a specific range. For example, I would like to tally all the values in E2,I2, L2, and P2 which meets a certain criteria such as containing the number "3". While these numbers do fall into the range C2:R2, I don't want all the values for the other cells which I am not interested in. So, how can get excel to isolate the cells that I am interested in and giving me a value? =SUMPRODUCT(--(LARGE(NCrange,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(NCrange))))=3)) where NCrange refers to: =Sheet1!$E$2,Sheet1!$I$2,Sheet1...

Converting to PDF #2
I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Do I need to upgrade to Publisher 2003 or can this be fixed? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Banks <Banks@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher > 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Publisher sends printable information to the printer driver. As you cannot click a hyperlink on a printed piece of paper, Publisher doesn&#...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Formatting text string
Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format / Justify Distributed. But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting option no longer available? -- Paul Ops! I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002. -- Paul "Paul from B I" wrote: > Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long tex...

How do I keep text from automatically filling in another text box
When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another text box. I don't want that to happen. I want each box to be filled independently. Thank you. Click in the test box that you don'e want the text to continue and then click the "broken chain link." "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C5E740A-1C10-4DAC-9B78-ED2898E9EEEE@microsoft.com... > When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another > text box. I don't want that to happen. I want each box to be filled > in...

Is it possible to display text in charts?
I am creating graphs for results from a survey. Part of this is to graph each individual's response to every question. If a person did not answer a question, I would like "N/A" to appear in the data for the chart. I am not using formulas -- the numbers are typed directly into the spreadsheet. Is there any way to have the text "N/A" display in the chart data? Currently, if I enter text in the corresponding cell, it displays as "0" in the chart data. Thanks! Janine, You can try applying a custom format to those entries that are coming across as zero....

rekenen #2
hoe rekenen je met excel ...

Delete text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can't delete marked text by pressing BACKSPACE Well, since the Mac keyboards I'm familiar with don't have a BACKSPACE key I'm not sure what you're pressing :-) but it's most likely a matter of going to: Word>Preferences> Edit, check the box for "Typing replaces selection". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/9/10 11:15 AM, in article 59bb2874.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "IO@officeformac.com" <IO@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version...