Curve Words

We made a flyer with the border being only words to draw attention to the
main body of the flyer and would like to be able to curve the words in the
corners so that there isn't a break but rather one continuous square with
rounded corners.
0
puppy (2)

I would go and place a suggestion for upcoming releases of Publisher, I
agree this layout effect is missing in Publisher...

Jan

"CyberTaz" <typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet> wrote in message
> You'll need a graphic design program that allows you to "fit type to a
> path". Save your artwork as a graphic, then place it in the Pub file.
>
> The only thing in Pub that offers artistic text capability is WordArt and
> even it doesn't provide the effect you're looking for. You may be able to
> "improvise", but it just depends on how professional a result you need to
> achieve & how much you're willing to compromise.
> --
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>
> "mama puppy" <mama puppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We made a flyer with the border being only words to draw attention to the
>> main body of the flyer and would like to be able to curve the words in
>> the
>> corners so that there isn't a break but rather one continuous square with
>> rounded corners.

0
miloush1 (64)
4/6/2007 9:03:26 PM
You'll need a graphic design program that allows you to "fit type to a
path". Save your artwork as a graphic, then place it in the Pub file.

The only thing in Pub that offers artistic text capability is WordArt and
even it doesn't provide the effect you're looking for. You may be able to
"improvise", but it just depends on how professional a result you need to
achieve & how much you're willing to compromise.
--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"mama puppy" <mama puppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We made a flyer with the border being only words to draw attention to the
> main body of the flyer and would like to be able to curve the words in the
> corners so that there isn't a break but rather one continuous square with
> rounded corners.

0
CyberTaz
4/6/2007 9:27:22 PM
You can do it with WordArt, but it would be a long tedious job. It would be a
snap with a draw program.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"mama puppy" <mama puppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We made a flyer with the border being only words to draw attention to the
> main body of the flyer and would like to be able to curve the words in the
> corners so that there isn't a break but rather one continuous square with
> rounded corners.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Opening xls files in word
When I open an excel file it opens in word. If I open Excel and then open the file it opens properly. How do I change the default to open all excel files in excel? Rich Rich, Open up Windows Explorer, click the 'Tools' toolbar and then 'Folder Options...'. Click the 'File Types' tab, and scroll down to find the XLS file extension. Highlight "XLS" - I think it will say that it's set to open with Microsoft Word. If so, click the 'Change' button and set it to open with Microsoft Ex...

Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......Scatter Curve.
The variables are part of a scatter diagram, i.e. the variables plotted on X axis do not have any defined relationship with the Variables of Y axis...... Hi, I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve.. I have data poitnts...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable X) and on Y axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in Excel Sheet how should i proceed. Data points are : Issuers Defaulters Cum Issuers % ...

My Publisher 2003 splits words inappropriately.
When I am inputting regular text in text boxes, Publisher does not keep words together. It doesn't hyphenate them, just splits them at the end of the text line. For example, the word "For" would read with the "F" on line 1 and the "or" on line 2. Any suggestions? Look under the format menu, "Autofit Text", what do you have checked? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SteamboatJen" <SteamboatJen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA23AF98-3F5A-4F...

word 7 printing problem
I'm working on an invitation that is not the standard paper size. I have changed the paper size and orientation, but can't get the whole document to print on the size I have requested. Only a portion of the document is printing, the bottom portion only. What do I need to do to fix my problem. Thanks. -- nellie Although Word is happy to accept custom paper sizes, many printers are not so accommodating. Try printing your invitation, as currently set up, on a standard sheet of paper (Letter or A4) and see where it prints. It may just be that the printer is expecting t...

Problems opening newer Word documents
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel After installing the latest software update this morning, I'm unable to open newer versions of Word documents. When clicking it asks if I want to convert, after confirming, it keeps on giving error message 'There is not enough memory of disk space to convert this message'. I was able to open the same documents yesterday. (p.s. I have enough disk space left) The first thing I would try is a power-off reboot. That error indicates that one of the software modules has not dropped in to place. Rebo...

Editing Word 2007 menu that was created in Word 2003
I have created a menu in a word 2003 template, using the template in word 2007 allows me to use the menu as an add-in menu, can't see how to edit the menu? I would be keen to create more for the quick access toolbar Would I have to go back to word 2003? HELP !!! Yes, you will need to make the modifications in Word 2003. To see what you will need to do to get both versions to co-exist without issues, see the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm However, customizing the ribbon in 2007 is really the w...

Microsoft Macro Conversions from Word 2003 to Word 2007
Is there a way for Microsoft Word to automatically convert macros from Word 2003 format to Word 2007 format, so that we don’t have to rewrite each macro by hand? Also, some of our computers are running XP and some computers are running Vista. Any macros developed for Word 2003 should be fully compatible with Word 2007 regardless of operating system. Full backward compatibility has been retained; therefore, no "conversion" is required. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "Sirenudette" <Sirenudette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A593B4...

Find and replace of word causes change of font formatting
Hi, I am having a problem with find and replace. In a cell with mixed format - italics and regular text - when I do a find and replace of a "word" in the text - it automatically changes all the formatting to italics. I have quadrupled checked the "formatiing options" . That's not the reason. It seems like a "default" to the system for it to go to "italics" if that is one of the formats in the cell. I have looked this up in all available avenues "Help", Micorsoft excel online, Microsoft Office, Goodgle. You name it. I can'...

Curve radius
I use Visio 2000 (SP2) and have Accident Reporting and Crime Scene add-ins to create scale diagrams of traffic accident scenes. Is there any way to automate curve length, chord and radius? Any tip that allows the use of the "Size & Position" window would be most helpful, but any tip at all will be appreciated! I have used Visio since 2000 came out and am comfortable with it, i.e., I can use it to automate other shapes, but I dont see any where to automate curves!!! Thank you in advance! It can be automated by creating some VBA code. Most highway and residential curves are comp...

Excel.Chart size changes after copy-paste into Word
Hi There, I met a problem about Excel.Chart. The scenario I'm experiencing as below: I have an add-in for Word & PowerPoint, in which a hidden Excel process is running as the source of content. Firstly I create an Excel Live Chart inside Excel and manipulates its size by the following call: Excel.Chart _chart = (Excel.Chart)_workbook.Charts.Add(_missing, _missing, _missing, _missing); _chart.PageSetup.ChartSize = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlObjectSize.xlScreenSize; _chart.ChartArea.Width = width; // Specified width _chart.ChartArea.Height = height; // Spe...

Random object when i launch word
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Small yellow box saying page:2 sits on desk top when word is launched. Does not move as document is moved. its in the way, on top of doc and it wont go away!! Since you don't give the specifics the first thing is that you have both Office & OS X fully updated. Once that has been done run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, then restart to see if that resolves it. If not, reply with any additional details you can supply including what methods you're using to launch the program, etc. I've not heard of ...

Number to Word
I want to enter "1" in cell a1 and i want "annual" to populate into b1. Iwant to enter ".52" in cell a1 and i want "semi-annual to populat into b1. so on and so on. I want excel setup up so if i type 1 that it puts annual into a cell Annual, semi annual, quarterly and monthly. Is this possible?? Thanks -- 867503 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 8675039's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1633 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27756 A VL...

The toolbar at bottom of screen has the word calculate
My excel sheet is not updating other files when they are all opened. The word calculate continues to appear in the ready toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The calculation option in the tools option is set at automatic, iteration is ticked and at maximum iterations. When a number changes the sheet calculates this sheet but not the other opened files. This file is not linked to any other file (i.e it is not dependant on any data in any other file) Can anybody explain what is causing this problem "Calculate" means there's a circular reference. Go through your worksheets u...

Can word wrap follow the shape of an autoshape? #2
Is there any way to have text follow the shape of an autoshape? I dealing with a heart specifically. I don't believe that I can but any news to the contrary would be great. Thanks. Inside or Outside? I have a heart here, you can take a look. Maybe it is what you are trying to do. Scroll way to the bottom. http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "buddyl" <buddyl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCF6B0A3-9CB3-49ED-95F6-C81116FE4BD4@microsoft.com...

MS Word should highlight non-contiguous repeated words also
MS Word generally highlights contiguous words which are mistakenly repeated when typing. Why not extend this help facility to non-contiguous repeated words within a sentence? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/co...

calibration curve
I am setting up a chemistry calibration curve using data below OD reading Concentration ..020 0 ..045 10 ..245 40 etc Plotting in XY scatter chart and get trendline using polynomial function. How can I determine the concentration of an unkown solution ? I want to use trendline data to do this. Put the Conc data in column A and the OD data in B You can have headers ("Concentration", "OD" ) in row 1 Let's say the last row is 10 Select A1:B10, click the chart tool, select XY chart, use the first subtype (ma...

word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
hello I have a PC and I recently started using Microsoft Office 2010 (Beta). Everything was fine until today, when everytime I tried to save a file (in word) it looked as if I had clicked on the Save As button. When I clicked on OK to saving it to te same name (I thought it would replace the old one), this message came out: word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error. I changed the location of the file and then I was able to save it. Some of the files are .doc and others .docx, but i don't know if it has something to do with it. Thank you for your help!! :) ...

How do you export Word 2007 ur equations to new copy of Word 2007?
I have a large amount of saved equations in Word 2007. I got a new computer and I want to get my equations transferred to the new computer. I know that I can just make a document on my old computer and insert each equation separately into the document, then open the document on my new computer and save each equation one by one. But I have a ridiculous amount of equations and that would take a lot of time. I thought that since all of the equations were saved in the same spot, that I could just find in the program files, where this was saved and replace the same file on my new compute...

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...

Creating a Word document from an ASP.NET application
Hello, I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can be used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server without Office on it) to create a Word document based on a template (.dot) that is used only for the bookmarks properties (replaced momentarily with a personnal values). Best Regards, ...

Applescript Word. How to create a new style
Hi, I'm using Word mainly for preparing a text to be imported into InDesign. I want to do the following action: 1. Create a style named: aStyle 2. Set that style to a certain font 3. Set that style to a certain size. I can't see where is the command to do so in Applescript Word dictionary. If the style is already in the document, I have no problem to: set style of theRange to "aStyle" But if the document doesn't contain the above mentionned style, nothing happens. Any help appreciated. Guy ...

Indesing Word 2003
Using Word 2003. How do we update the INDEX of a previously created book? We inserted new material and 6 new chapters. How do I update the index so it AUTMTICALLY CAPTURES NEW CCURRENCES OF PREVIOUSLY INDEXED WORDS.? Any place for Good tips and tricks on indexing in Word. Thanks Assuming you've marked all the new items to be entered in the index with {XE } fields, Place the cursor anywhere in the existing index and press F9. (If any manual formatting was done to the index after it was generated, it will be lost.) On Nov 28, 9:46=A0pm, Baha <B...@discussi...

Import Word Doc
Does anyone know if it's possible to import a Word doc straight into a Pub. 2003 brochure with out doing a lot of formatting aftewards? All I seem to be able to do is import into Pub. and then reformat everything. I would like to be able to minimize all the cut & paste. Thanks! Your best bet would be: File, new, Publications for Print, scroll down to Import Word document. Select any template. After the import is complete, copy/paste into your brochure. Importing a Word document using this method will maintain most of the formatting. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micr...

Word macro running from OL VBA throwing error on Word SaveAs??
I have a macro in Word that iterates through my Favorites folder and saves everything out as hyperlinks in a Word doc. I then SaveAs using doc.SaveAs FileName:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\edward.millis\Documents\MyFaves.htm", _ FileFormat:=wdFormatHTML This macro was written in Word XP, which has now been upgraded to 2007. The OS has also been updated from WinXP Pro to Vista Pro. When I run the macro in Word only, it runs fine - the file is generated and saved to the correct folder in the correct format. I want to email the file out, so I am trying t...

Word 2007: how to save to original folder?
How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder containing the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do it (at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive). We generally strongly recommend against saving to (or opening from) any type of removable drive or media. Much safer to save/copy to the HD and then copy/open from there. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MacAndrewSC" <MacAndrewSC@discussions.microsoft...