crop

I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture
0
anonymous (74722)

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Gibbs
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture

Good for you!

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

Did you have a question?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/5/2004 8:56:40 PM
Around her we call it a divorce.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gibbs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/5/2004 9:19:56 PM
funny answers not withstanding, the best way to do this is in an image
editing package.

you _might_ be able to crop the picture by changing the picture box so it
does not show the entire photo.

"Gibbs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture

0
mactno1 (79)
5/5/2004 11:02:23 PM
Are they really that bad???  Unbelievable.  Why not just rub them out???

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
5/5/2004 11:53:54 PM
ummmm... the crop tool?

"Gibbs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture

0
widgets (5)
5/6/2004 1:58:28 AM
You cut me out, I'll cut you out.

"Gibbs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture

0
oziebillNO (13)
5/6/2004 7:10:26 AM
Mac Townsend wrote:
> funny answers not withstanding, the best way to do this is in an image
> editing package.
>
> you _might_ be able to crop the picture by changing the picture box
> so it does not show the entire photo.

How can they be answers, when the original poster did not ask a question?
;o)

0
cerridwen (233)

crop
I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Gibbs <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am trying to crop a person out of a family picture Good for you! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Did you have a question? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps....

How do I crop a chart imported from another worksheet?
I need to reduce the excess space around the graph, but without affecting the text or bars in the graph. If you don't need to keep it behaving as a chart, you can copy it as a picture, paste it, and then actually crop it. If you copy it using the Picture option, you can double click on the picture and ungroup the separate drawing objects, then shrink or delete the rectangles that comprised the chart area. If you copy as a bitmap, you can use the crop button on the picture toolbar to crop it. If you want to keep your chart as a chart, it's not so easy. First you need to format a...

Cropping
In Publisher 2003 you're able to crop rectangular, but can you crop round? also and can you put on an artistic border onto it, again round? This place has bee very helpful to me, thank you Coolbreeze wrote: > In Publisher 2003 you're able to crop rectangular, but > can you crop round? also and can you put on an artistic > border onto it, again round? > > This place has bee very helpful to me, > thank you ==================================== Maybe the following will get you started: Click "Oval" in your left pane....left click / drag to the shape you like...

Axis Title Gets Cropped
In Excel 2003 when I add an axis title to the Y-Axis the last letter gets cropped. It doesn't matter how long the title is it just cuts off the last character. So then I have to use a text box instead. Is there any known fix to this? It seems to be a common bug. One suggestion is to add a few spaces then a period to the title. In this way the result is acceptable when the file is opened on a PC that does not have the problem. Can you email me (private message not to newsgroup) the offending file. I have never had the problem so I would like to experiment. Best wishes Bernard "...

Crop marks #3
I am running Publisher 2002 SP3 on an XP Machine with a HP Laser 6l printer, When I attempt to print a banner format document I do not get crop marks printing even though I have the "Print crop marks" box checked. BTW the layout setup is Page size 1.5 m, Overlap 0.25cm, Format Landscape, and "allow bleeds" and "bleed marks" are also checked. Any clues why I am not getting the crop marks printed?? Thanks Rex Melbourne, Australia. Why do you need crop marks? Just trim and glue. I don't think there ever was crop marks on banners, posters yes, banners, n...

No crop tool!
Strange problem... Since installing Publisher 2002, I have no crop tool! Am familiar with tool bar and the crop tool from Publisher 98, so know it's not me. Any ideas on what the problem might be? I know it's supposed to be there, as it is referred to in the manual. Would appreciate any help!!!! Thanks, Elisa Elisa wrote: > Strange problem... Since installing Publisher 2002, I > have no crop tool! Am familiar with tool bar and the > crop tool from Publisher 98, so know it's not me. Any > ideas on what the problem might be? I know it's supposed >...

How do I create Circular crop ?
I have an 8 X 10 photo that I would like to crop by using a 5 inch diameter circular crop. How can I do this? Arvin Wilson wrote: > I have an 8 X 10 photo that I would like to crop by using a 5 inch diameter > circular crop. How can I do this? Use a draw program to crop the graphic such that the top of the (square )image coincides with the top of where you want the circle to be (and the same with the left, right and bottom). Then create a circle in Publisher; right-click > Format AutoShape > Fill > Fill Effects > Picture. Select the graphic you just created. -- Ed B...

Cropping a picture in Outlook Email using Crop Toolbar in outlook 2003
I have inserted a picture into a new Outlook email. I also have the edit-picture toolbar visible. It has a crop icon. However when I use the tool to crop the image inserted in the email, nothing happens. Is there a way to crop the image in the create new email window? The crop Icon allows you to crop images. the handles on the edges of the image should be used to crop. ...

Cropping #2
When I crop my photo I use Format Picture then click on the picture tab. I click on crop from and type in the amount I want to crop. Here is an example: My picture was 4 x 3. I select crop .5" from the left. It should be 3.5 x 3 afterward. Instead it is 3.824 x 3. Is there a solution to this? Crop manually... Drag a couple of guide lines to equal .5" apart, align your picture to the outer guide line, using the crop tool, crop the picture to the inner guide. Look at the size of the picture in the format menu to see if it reflected the half inch correctly. -- Mary Sauer...

PRint or PDF with crops
Hi, Does anyone know where the option has gone to add crops to document when printing or creasting a PDF. I just cannot find it :( Charlie Publisher 2010? Expand the printer drop down in the Print menu, it is on the bottom of the list *Advanced Output Settings*. Mary "Charlotte" wrote in message news:eVe5p.3821$BQ7.1953@newsfe22.ams2... Hi, Does anyone know where the option has gone to add crops to document when printing or creasting a PDF. I just cannot find it :( Charlie ...

Auto Cropping
Folks: I am looking for any software or technique that can automate the cropping of images in a Word file. I have a Microsoft Word file that contains 100 slides or graphics or images. To get rid of information (on each slide) that I don't need, I must cut 2 inches from all sides (top, bottom, left, right) of each graphic. Now I can do this process manually. Microsoft calls it "cropping an image." But the number of images is too great to continue manually. There must be a way to automate this cropping process. * How can I automate this cropping (image editing) ...

pictures automatically cropped
Hi, I am trying to add text to photos and save as JPEG using Publisher 2003 Pro. The problem I am having is the pictures are being cropped without my doing anything. This happens even when I open a picture then select "print preview" before any editing or saving of the picture. I have looked and cannot find a way to display the picture in its entirety. Thanks for any help!!! Jeff jeff wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to add text to photos and save as JPEG using Publisher > 2003 Pro. The problem I am having is the pictures are being cropped > without my doing anyt...

toolbar with crop tool
I cannot find the floating toolbar that has the crop button on it. How do I get it to come up. Thanks, b441311 b441311@aol.com Hi b441311 (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I cannot find the floating toolbar that has the crop || button on it. || How do I get it to come up. Which version are you using of Publisher? In Publisher 2002/03 it is on the Picture toolbar. Go to View > Toolbars > Picture (it should appear when you select a picture by default). -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This ...

Cropping pictures
How do I crop pictures to have different shapes like rounded corners, stars, Di wrote: > How do I crop pictures to have > different shapes like rounded corners, > stars, =========================== If you are using Publisher...go to... AutoShapes and click one. Now left click drag a box on your project to create the shape. Right click the new shape and go to... Format AutoShape / Colors and Lines tab / Color drop window / Fill Effects / Picture tab / Select Picture button / Browse to your picture of choice / Check the box 'Lock Picture Aspect Ratio' / OK / OK... If you w...

Cropping pictures.
Why when I try and use the crop button on the picture tool bar it cuts my picture in half and then zooms in on it? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? "2003 Publisher Cropping Pictures" wrote: > Why when I try and use the crop button on the > picture tool bar it cuts my picture in half and > then zooms in on it? Does anyone know what > I am doing wrong? =================================== The crop tool allows you to drag the corner, top and bottom handles of the selected image to remove the unwanted portion of the image. Cropping is best accomplished in a digi...

crop problem
A friend has publisher 2003 installed on two computers. On one of both, there is no problem. On the other computer, there is a problem with the crop tool: by using the crop tool, an image becomes disproportional. There are no problems by using the crop tool in other programs (Microsoft Word, the picture program that is installed together with publisher 2003,...). I have re-installed publisher 2000 and with this version, there is no problem on the same computer. I have tested the crop tool in publisher 2003 on several other computers, without any problem. Conclusion: only publisher 200...

Crop Marks !
I am using publisher to make business cards, however when i select.. "business cards options" it puts 10 to a sheet automaticly, but with no crop marks/lines, for me to cut them later on DOnt tell me i have to creat my own template and insert the business card temp. into that? james wrote: > I am using publisher to make business cards, however when i select.. > "business cards options" it puts 10 to a sheet automaticly, but with > no crop marks/lines, for me to cut them later on > DOnt tell me i have to creat my own template and insert the business >...

how do I add extra crop handles to pictures?
I used to be able to add extra crop handles to clip art in Publisher 97 to crop uneven shapes but I can't see how to do that in Publisher 2002. Please can anyone help? Do you mean "edit wrap points?" In the picture menu click the dog icon, edit wrap points. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "The Real Milly" <The Real Milly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F644FE-F44F-478C-8F4A-16EF572FF07E@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to add extra crop handles to clip art in ...

How to PDF to 200dpi & CMYK 107mmx86mm from A4 without 'cropping'
Help! I have an A4 page containing graphics and text boxes (of course) which I need to provide to a newspaper in .pdf at full resolution (min 200dpi), CMYK and sized at 107mm high x 86mm wide. I've managed to set up a pdf printer driver (I edited my existing Adobe one - is that the right thing to do?) to do the sizing and colour but when I 'print' to it the image created is actually a crop of the A4 page and only the middle of the ad is saved. This is really new to me so any advice would be appreciated. Which version of Publisher? Let's see the ad, email it to me. Mat...

Crop marks
Publisher has suddenly decided to print little dots on the edge of each publication. Have taken the check out of the "print crop marks" in print set up, but they still print. Any clues? ...

Need to stretch and crop a grouped drawing
I imported a WMF image (it's a floorplan), and want to crop it and stretch it to fit a particular background. I don't want to ungroup it, as that takes quit a while since it's so detailed. Any ideas? Hi there, Cropping should be an option on the Picture toolbar that appears when you select the shape. As for stretching (and I'm assuming you mean some level of zooming) then you could play with the multiplier value in the ImgWidth/Height cells in the ShapeSheet. Have a look at the first part of this post for information on the ShapeSheet if you haven't come across ...

crop circles
I would like my end result to look like a square picture was cropped in a circle. I have tried to place a circle shape over the picture and remove the fill but have not figured out how to remove the remainder of the picture. Can this be done? Hi Bonnie (Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I would like my end result to look like a square picture was cropped || in a circle. I have tried to place a circle shape over the picture || and remove the fill but have not figured out how to remove the || remainder of the picture. Can this be done? How about you fill ...

how to crop a shaped image
I have a logo that consists of an oval with some words inside of it. I'd like to save it as a bmp or jpeg or something so I can drop it into various Publisher or other documents. However, it is always saved with the 'white space' around it at the corners, so if I drop it into another color background, I get an unwanted white rectangle around it. How can I crop around a shape? Is there a downloadable program that would do this if it can't be done in Publisher? Jon what you need to do is to make the part you do not want to show Transparent. Suggest you use PNG Transparency as ...

Cropping in Word 2007
How do I crop a picture (image of a pdf) in Word 2007? Most other Office functions have the Crop feature nice and handy. Not Word. John When the picture is selected, the contextual Picture Tools | Format tab is displayed. In the Size group (the last on the right), there is a Crop button. Click on that to get cropping handles. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "John" <John@TheNOSPAMStewartWeb.com> wrote in message news:6A267684-15B1-48EB-99B6-CE45B6B55905@microsoft.com... > H...

Cropping images with VBA
I have a folder with pictures in it, and would like to crop so many pixels off the bottom of each one. Is there a way to do this with VBA? No. Word is not a graphics editor. You could insert a picture (or pictures) into a document and crop the display in the document, but if you want to crop the pictures themselves, you need a graphics editor. You *may* be able to achieve your aims with the batch tool in SnagIt, and Photoshop could certainly handle the task. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>&...