Credit where credit is due - on topic!

Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have been recommending
users to use PrimoPDF for their documents. I did a little homework and found
that if not for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion software,
most with some sort of a nominal fee involved. That's not a *bad* thing but
let's face it, it's still an expense that we'd prefer not to incur.

Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended PrimoPDF many,
many times based on your posts. I've received a lot of positive feedback
from my fellow guild newsletter editors. They are enjoying the fact that
they can now send out their newsletters electronically and save a little
money on printing and postage. The guild is non-profit and our chapters are
not bringing money in in baskets. (We might get a $25 donation here and
there.)

I use Acrobat but I also use PrimoPDF for a quickie. From those of us who
have profited from your suggestion - Thank You!!!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

---

jl_amerson (3088)

JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have been recommending
> users to use PrimoPDF for their documents. I did a little homework and found
> that if not for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion software,
> most with some sort of a nominal fee involved. That's not a *bad* thing but
> let's face it, it's still an expense that we'd prefer not to incur.
>
> Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended PrimoPDF many,
> many times based on your posts. I've received a lot of positive feedback
> from my fellow guild newsletter editors. They are enjoying the fact that
> they can now send out their newsletters electronically and save a little
> money on printing and postage. The guild is non-profit and our chapters are
> not bringing money in in baskets. (We might get a $25 donation here and
> there.)
>
> I use Acrobat but I also use PrimoPDF for a quickie. From those of us who
> have profited from your suggestion - Thank You!!!

Thanks very much, JoAnn, for noticing and commenting! I ask many
questions so I'm glad when I can contribute something in return.

I'd use Acrobat if I could afford it :-) but I tried all the freebies
and cheapos, and for me, PrimoPDF was the best.

--

Hugs, Erika
0
Erika wrote:
> I'd use Acrobat if I could afford it :-) but I tried all
> the freebies and cheapos, and for me, PrimoPDF was the
> best.
======================
Thank you Erika!!!

I use and recommend PrimoPDF all the time.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
12/4/2004 6:47:09 PM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have
> been recommending users to use PrimoPDF for their
> documents. I did a little homework and found that if not
> for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion
> software, most with some sort of a nominal fee involved.
> That's not a *bad* thing but let's face it, it's still an
> expense that we'd prefer not to incur.
> Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended
> PrimoPDF many, many times based on your posts. I've
> received a lot of positive feedback from my fellow guild
> newsletter editors. They are enjoying the fact that they
> can now send out their newsletters electronically and
> save a little money on printing and postage. The guild is
> non-profit and our chapters are not bringing money in in
> baskets. (We might get a $25 donation here and there.)
> I use Acrobat but I also use PrimoPDF for a quickie. From
> those of us who have profited from your suggestion -
> Thank You!!!
============================
Excellent! JoAnn...

I use and recommend PrimoPDF all
the time but did not remember it was
Erika who brought it to my attention.

PrimoPDF has been a real gift...
Thanks Erika.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
12/4/2004 7:01:56 PM
You would have to be easily pleased if you think PrimoPDF is good.

Just buy a quality DTP program with PDF and everything else you could ever
want all built in and properly integrated.
http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus10/index.asp

0
brains (331)
12/5/2004 1:55:26 AM
��MS-Publisher�� wrote:
> You would have to be easily pleased if you think PrimoPDF
> is good.
> Just buy a quality DTP program with PDF and everything
> else you could ever want all built in and properly
> integrated.
> http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus10/index.asp
I enjoy free stuff.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
12/5/2004 3:34:28 AM
John Inzer wrote:
> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>
>>Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have
>>been recommending users to use PrimoPDF for their
>>documents. I did a little homework and found that if not
>>for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion
>>software, most with some sort of a nominal fee involved.
>>That's not a *bad* thing but let's face it, it's still an
>>expense that we'd prefer not to incur.
>>Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended
>>PrimoPDF many, many times based on your posts. I've
>>received a lot of positive feedback from my fellow guild
>>newsletter editors. They are enjoying the fact that they
>>can now send out their newsletters electronically and
>>save a little money on printing and postage. The guild is
>>non-profit and our chapters are not bringing money in in
>>baskets. (We might get a $25 donation here and there.)
>>I use Acrobat but I also use PrimoPDF for a quickie. From
>>those of us who have profited from your suggestion -
>>Thank You!!!
>
> ============================
> Excellent! JoAnn...
>
> I use and recommend PrimoPDF all
> the time but did not remember it was
> Erika who brought it to my attention.
>
> PrimoPDF has been a real gift...
> Thanks Erika.

thanks ;-)

--

Hugs, Erika
0

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

Credit Card charge/credit
I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was later credited back to me. I categorized the original charge but I want the credit to offset the expense in that category. Is the only solution to this not categorizing the original transaction? or is there another way to do it? Thanks, Scott Use the same category for the credit transaction. Money will ask if you are sure this is what you want to do. Say yes. <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104599274.971858.51860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

Smartlist Past Due Aging
Hi, We are able to view a list of past due customers based on the aging columns of 0-30, 31-60, 61+ in smartlist, but some do not show up there but show up in the detail historical aged trial balance. Why is that? We are using v8.0. Lynn Without looking, my first thought is this. Some reports calculate the ageing themselves while others, like SmartList use the values already recorded in the table. Try ageing your accounts and run your Smartlist again. Visit us at Convergence in San Diego, Booth 624 -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users F...

M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges
We use no internet services, enter each transaction into the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with the monthly statements. each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit card account that gets no new purchases. How can I get the interest paid to the CC company into the proper catagory. Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3 months. Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category like Interest Expense:Other Interest? "barb e" <anonymous@discussions....

Global client credit limit doesn't send to store
We change credit limit of various global clients. But it didn't change in the store. Are we missing a step? ...

Credit Card
wells fargo is my credit card prosesser & they are really bad i never was able to reconsile my bank account cuze they deposit the money when ever they want please i'm in urgent need for a good company to replace wellfargo & that is easy to reconsile the statment & desent fees any suggestion i wanna a company that do deposit based on my setteled batch & charge my account with the fees at the end of the month -- maher almasri This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01C6D6C5.B4A93FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&quo...

Business Portal Credits & Returns
It would be great if we could process credits and returns in Business Portal Order Management. -- Carl F. Johnson ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=32539a35-...

Credit where credit is due
Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have been recommending users to use PrimoPDF for their documents. I did a little homework and found that if not for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion software, most with some sort of a nominal fee involved. That's not a *bad* thing but let's face it, it's still an expense that we'd prefer not to incur. Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended PrimoPDF many, many times based on your posts. I've received a lot of positive feedback from my fellow guild newsletter editors. They ar...

Debit or Credit notes not updating to GL
Hi, I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting> :Series:Series Origin: Receivables Sales Entry post to GL not checked, I have checked and tested 1 trsancation and its updating in GL. I have some old trsansaction which not updated in GL, How can i make this whole data to GL, instead of entring one by one. Rgs Saf Hi Saf, I am not aware of any option and I believe there none. "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in > Tools>Setup>...

Replaced motherboard due to hardware failure, it's not identical. Repair installation of Windows XP completed but now stuck in Logon-Activation loop.
Dear Group, An ASUS motherboard failed in a Win XP Pro pc belonging to a friend of mine, so I have replace it for her. Asus no longer make this mobo, it's not available so I bought a board from ASrock with the same socket, however the ASUS board had NVidia chipset while the ASRock uses AMD chipset. It's socket 939 and these are hard to come by now. Windows XP repair installation has been completed, it starts normally and offers logon to the pc or the domain controller. I select the pc and after a couple of seconds a Windows Product Activation message appears: "...

Credit Card Charges and Expense Reports
I purchase pretty much everything on my credit card (for the miles) and pay it off every month. I use the categories within the credit card accounts to specify what the expense was for. But when I look at the expense report, it lumps all CC expenses into the CC category. I want to know what I'm spending my money on, not how it's being paid for. How do I split the items into their proper categories on the reports? Thanks! So many questions, so little time. What version/edition of Money? If M05/6/7/+ are you using Advanced Register or Essential Register? Advanced Reports or Es...

Formula for skipping weekends when calculating a due date
How, I am having a spot of trouble. I am making a data source for a mail merge. I have a SentDate field and a DueDate field. I would like to add two weeks from a sent date (a weekday) and need some way for the function to add extra days if it lands on a weekend day (saturday, sunday) so the due date will be a weekday. At the moment I am not fussed about public holidays or holidays. Most appreciated if someone could help. Thanks, Cheyne Cheyne, Use the WORKDAY function, to wit: =WORKDAY(date, NumberOfDays) -- Regards from Virginia Beach, EarlK ----------------------------------...

Payment terms and discount due date alerts.
With payment terms of 2/10 Net30 on a vendor invoice, if I receive the invoice in 4/12 my due date will be 5/12 with a Terms Date Due of 4/22. But if I mail the remittance I need to calculate the time in the mail, say 7 days. Is there a way to alert me that I must make this payment within the next 3 days to get my discount? How do most handle this type of notice so you don't lose your discount. Thanks hd When we take early pay discounts, we just count the days from the invoice date. We figure the supplier absorbs the mail time. We have never been questioned about it. Other compani...

How to apply an over-credit to a sale?
Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order. So, when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him. Well, he just wanted that applied to his account. So, I selected (Payment) and applied the $45 to his account. It warned me that it was an overpayment and I clicked OK. Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit? Just apply 45 to his house account. When you tender the sale it will deduct 45 form his account and then it will be zero "nutribodies" <nutribodies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD033E...

Import AR Credit Memos and auto-apply
Looking for a silver bullet. Does anyone know of a way to import receivables credit memos and apply them to specified invoices as part of the import? GP 10, SP2 environment. Looking for a way to do this using integration manager, or econnect, or Scribe, or 3rd party. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_0891FB2E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting. We are excited to introduce you to a new and improved Partner Online Technical Community Experience. Please post this new inquiry to our new forums-based platform here: http:/...

smartlist past due receivables transactions
enough is enough -- i cannot beat around the bush any longer after seeing this version after version (6.0; 7.0; 7.5; 8.0; 9.0; etc.....) -- the dumblist needs to be fixed. the best wow feature of the product leads to a head hang when the customer finds out they have to export the sales transactions into excel and multiple credits, returns and payments *-1. especially, now (v9.0) that an incorrect past due receivables amount is prominently being displayed on the front screen when the product is launched (well were at it we should do the same for payables) -- come on -- i cannot be the...

Credit card ?
We are running our credit cards thru RMS. Is there a way that I can set it for a minmum amount? I would like to make it to where the cashier cant make a sale for under three dollars. Thanks No You can not set minimum for credit card. You can post suggetion for RMS and I will vote for it. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43D746C1-FB2F-49DD-83AB-76DEF349D4CD@microsoft.com... > We are...

Processing Credit Cards
What do I need to do to process credit card transactions from within Great Plains 8.5 without are employees have to use a separate credit card unit? -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com Try www.isiusa.com or www.nodustech.com. "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23uZ22QSRFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What do I need to do to process credit card transactions from within Great > Plains 8.5 without are employees have to use a separa...

M05
I'm using Money 2005 Small Biz edition. All updates applied. Once again it has left me scratching my head for hours trying to do the simplest of tasks. I have a customer who I recently repurchased some equipment from. Rather than pay cash, the customer has requested a credit to be used against future invoices. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to account for this, short of creating a special "slush account" for this customer and enter it into the register as a "Deposit". I do not want to do this. What I want to do is issue an "invoice" ...

Can't import statement from Credit Union not on Microsoft list
I have followed thread on lost QFX import with no solution. My problem is the same. I don't want to go to Quicken but money 2004 and 2008 are failing in this simple matter. Is it possible to download a statement in "qfx" or "ofx" format ? I can't do it. Thanks to anyone who can help. In microsoft.public.money, Chin00kie wrote: >I have followed thread on lost QFX import with no solution. My problem is >the same. I don't want to go to Quicken but money 2004 and 2008 are failing >in this simple matter. Is it possible to download a statement ...

Credit card transactions downloading as Credit
In MS Money 2006 my credit card transactions download as credit instead of charge. Please don't tell me this is how it should be or that it is by design. :-) This is happening for all the cards not just one credit card account. Even when I manually enter transactions, the default transaction type is credit. Is there a fix/work around if this is a bug. P.S.: The associated frequent flyer program option seems to be an enhancement in Money 2006. But, there isn't a feature to distinguish secured cards or to track interest earned! Venkat "Venkat" <softgeek@earthlink.net&...

one account with 2 credit cards
hello, i tried to build an account (bank account) with 2 credit cards. the result that i got after a long trial, was 3 accounts (i.e. bank, visa, diners). and not bank account with 2 credit cards as part of it. what is the right way to do it? how can i relate the credit cards to the bank account? please advice The answer depends on what the real relationship is between the bank accounts and the credit cards. If it's two debit cards for the same checking account, it's really one account, not a bank account and two credit cards. If it's really a bank account and two credit car...

Credit Card downloads
I downloaded my CC info from the CC website and the balance shows up in black as an asset, not in red as a liability. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks for any help. In microsoft.public.money, Mr. Senior wrote: >I downloaded my CC info from the CC website and the balance shows up in black >as an asset, not in red as a liability. Is there a way to correct this? No. That is the intended/designed way. Really. With a credit card account, the Balance column represents how much your owe. I have 2 credit card accounts. Account A downloaded the outstanding balance in red. Acc...

Need to remove data in table due to input mask; cannot close.
ACCESS Table open, unable to close or modify telephone field. Had tried i/p mask of 0 due to "Unlisted" numbers appearing right-justified when doing a report. I sure thought I changed it back to a NO MASK prior saving the table. Now, table is open and I am unable to do anything with that field, even deleting the content, to satisfy the mask problem. Hands seems to be tied in 'catch 22'; I would have thought (!!??) that the table would not have saved properly if the input mask did not match the field contents. I'm stuck! Thank you so much. =?Utf-8?B?b2ZmZXJvY2t...