creation of mailing list in Publisher using already created Excel file

Iam trying to create a mailing list in Publisher and it wants me to
manually enter addresses. I have an Excel file with all addresses in
it. I cant find a way to import the file to Publisher. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Brian

Help > Mail Merge. Would be good place to start.

--
John G
<brianmcgaha@gmail.com> wrote in message
> manually enter addresses. I have an Excel file with all addresses in
> it. I cant find a way to import the file to Publisher. Can anyone
> help?
> Thanks
> Brian

0
Greentest1 (225)
12/5/2006 5:09:50 AM
You don't actually import an Excel file to Publisher. Once you have your
publication ready for mail merge, browse to the data.
Mail merge
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx

Data sources
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH063580651033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

<brianmcgaha@gmail.com> wrote in message
> manually enter addresses. I have an Excel file with all addresses in
> it. I cant find a way to import the file to Publisher. Can anyone help?
> Thanks
> Brian

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Handle incoming mail for non existing users.
Is it possible to collect mail for non existing users? I would like to forward all mail with *@company.com to a specific mailbox except for valid users that have their own mailboxes. Regards \Peter Kulinski Datafant AB Sweden Are you sure that you want to go down this path? The expected behavior is to NDR mail for invalid recipients (once it is processed by Exchange). Who is going to monitor this mailbox? If it is you, then just be aware that it may take more time than you think to monitor that mailbox/forward to correct recipients, etc. That being said, there are some ways to do ...

Print PDF files with margins cut --- HELP ME!
If I print a pdf file with the source listed below, print out with the trimmed edges. In fact I get a technical drawing with the missing information. The same results if I print from explorer context menu. If I open the pdf file with Acrobat and do printing, the printed sheet is correct. How do I properly print the entire PDF file through code? This is the code: Process proc = new Process(); proc.StartInfo.FileName = "c:\\filo.pdf"; proc.StartInfo.Verb = "Print"; proc.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true; proc.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = true; proc.Start...

Sends same e-mail Repeatedly
Some e-mails taht I send seem to stay in my outbox and keeps sending repeatedly... can anyone help here? I have the same problem sometimes after upgrading from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I also have VirusScan Pro 8.0 and using Windows XP Pro which came with my Toshiba laptop. This is becoming a major niusance for some of my recipients. Any ideas? "Randy C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001601c3c581$94bb1ed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Some e-mails taht I send seem to stay in my outbox and > keeps sending repeatedly... can anyone help here? ...

Outlook 2007 opens instead of Windows Mail when e-mail address is clicked on?
We do all our mail and newsgroup work using Windows Mail, but when we click on a email address receieved in a message or at a site (example: johndoe@here.com) Outlook 2007 opens and tries to take over instead of Windows Mail. We never use nor setup Outlook 2007 so I'm not sure why this is acting as the default mail service. Can someone please tell me how I can set our computer to open Windows Mail when we click on a email address? Thank You so much in advance. You're in the Windows Live Mail newsgroup. You want the Windows Mail newsgroup. Windows Vista Mail Newsg...

What are people using for SPAM filtering on Exchange2003?
My VP is asking that I research SPAM filtering tools for our Exchange Server, and I was curious as to what everyone else is using. We're a small company, so we can't afford some $10k piece of software - looking for something under $2k if possible. Thanks a lot. if you're running Exchange 2003, with at least SP1, the IMF for Exchange is included... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brian Wood" <brianw@grangercci.com> wrote in message news:O10jKBp#FHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My VP is asking that I research SPAM filtering tools for our Exchange > Server, ...

saving individual publisher pages outside publisher
I want to copy individual pages from a file in publisher to a file (word or email), outside of publisher. What do you want to do with those pages? Have you tried .pdf files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "jacksprat" <jacksprat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A12C250-CCF8-482A-A312-1D7B14A075AC@microsoft.com... >I want to copy individual pages from a file in publisher to a file (word or > email), outside of publisher. ...

Excel #2
How can I get the grid lines in Excel to print out? Go to the File menu, choose Page Setup, then the Sheet tab. There, check the Gridlines option. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com <h.o@usaonline.net> wrote in message news:000701c34e11$1862bb00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I get the grid lines in Excel to print out? > How can I get the grid lines in Excel to print out? File >> Page Setup (sheet tab) -- uncheck Print Gridlines. Rgds, Andy Or something similar. <blush>...

How do I add sound to an email using Microsoft Outlook 2002 XP?
I'm looking to send an email that has a song playing in the background when the recipient opens it. I'm using Outlook 2002 for XP and when I select Format, and Background there is not option for Sound. You can do this when you set Word as the e-mail editor; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/addingsound.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:593CCEA2-D565-42F...

Graph Creation
Hi I am trying to create a graph that has the following: Y AXIS: - Funding - Business - Perception - Strategy X AXIS - Non existent - Repeatable - AdHoc An example of how i would like it to look is as follows:. Funding --------------x------------------------------------------------ Business------------------------------x------------------------------- Perception ----------------------------------------x------------------ Strategy---------------------------------------------------------x---- Non existent Repeatable Adhoc Mature Sorry that it ...

Cannot restore database using Money 2000
Hi I am trying to convert/restore my database using Money 2000, which I think but I am unsure was created before Money 2000. I have ensured that the file is not read-only and the file is not being used by another application. I have also tried opening the My Money Backup file, but still get the same message below. I hope that you can help me fix this problem. The Microsoft Money message I am getting is as follows: "Money cannot locate c:\documents and settings\julia\my documents\my money backup\my money.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file. You can c...

using outlook 2003 multiple printing
Have had auto printing of orders recieved installed and all worked well until lately when for what ever reason when outlook querries the isp for messages we receive randon duplicate and sometime triplicates of the same message and of course the rule in place says print it and we can't figure out what has changed to cause this to happen. ...

Is there an Excel template for a 1-day Tennis American Tournament
am trying to set up 1-day American Tournament at Tennis club. 28 pairs mixed doubles i.e. seven groups of four classes 0- seven courts - is there a template in either Excel or Access for the scheduling of fixtures? ...

e-mail unreadable
I'm using Outlook 98 and we're getting e-mails that are unreadable about 50% of the time. The messages are coming from China. I do have Chinnese language support. ...

Junk E-mail Filter Removes Wanted E-Mail
I have tried everything I can to get Outlook to stop deleting some of my e-mails. I have a Junk Sender's List in the thousands, so I do not want to disable the Junk E- Mial Rule. I have tried adding the addresses of the wanted e-mails to the Exception List, moving it to the top, etc. Nothing seems to work. Please advise. ...

Mail merge
Please help 1) How can I include attachment to a mail merged e-mail using Outlook 2003. Every time is use the mail merge wizard it sends my e-mail witho out the attahcmetns. 2) How Can I send personalized e-mail to individual form a distributing list? Thanks Baha 1) You can't. Requires third party software 2) You can't. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Baha" <bh@integrity-plus.ca> wrote in message news:1e1e001c454d9$7aab0040$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Please help > > 1) How can I include attachment to a mail merged e-mail > using Outlook 2003. Every ...

MS Publisher 'error message'
I have MS Publisher 98 and 2000 versions loaded on my laptop. I am unable to open a received .pub file and get this error message "The file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Please close the other program and then try opening or importing the file again." No other program is/was opened at the time I get the error message. I've had the file saved as MS Publisher 98 and get the same error message... the same goes for MS Publisher 2000. So, how do I overcome this problem so that I may read the file documents? -- Appropriate response is always ap...

Creating a Dashboard
I'm creating a worksheet that will be an at-a-glance calendar for a large group of people. I want to have a row separating the events for each week that says "Week of May 30, 2005" and I want to be able to auto-fill in 7-day increments. Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks! If you separate the 'week of' part from the date, i.e. in a different column, you can enter the first two dates in your sequence in the format 30/05/2005 or similar, then if you select those two dates and drag the fill handle it will auto fill with the same increment. You can then format...

Cannot open files created in Access 2000 with Access 2002
Hi, I am facing this wierd problem...the different scenarios are as follows: The file was created in Access in a system having Win 98 and Off 2000. These files when transfered to another PC having Win 98 and Off XP work fine. When I try to use the files in a system with Win XP Pro and Off XP...it gives me an error as follows: The visual Basic for the Applications project in the database is corrupt. It then repairs and restarts the application.Again when I proceed it give me the following error message: The expression After update you entered as the event property setting produced th...

In Box sorting / viewing mail
For some reason my mail is now grouping itself by the initial message instead of date received. If I have new mail that is a reply to an old mail I don't know it unless I search through my in box of many, many messages. They used to just come in at the top regardless of whether it was a reply or not. How can I get this back to the original state? "Ter" <Ter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4AB4791-9EA2-403A-BD24-B03433522389@microsoft.com... > For some reason my mail is now grouping itself by the initial message > instead > of ...

date format in excel imported from an SQL DB.
Dear all, In a table, I have a column with a list of date. These dates are imported in a excel spreadsheet table via an SQL query linked to a SQL server (like Table1_data[[#This Row],[Date]]) , and the data in the DB are in date format. But excel does not recognize the date unless I enter into the cell and I hit enter. e.g. 2009-09-01 = 2009-09-01 but when I hit enter 2009-09-01 = 40057 (excel date format) Any hint to avoid this manual intervention as I have thousands of dates :-( Tx Nico Select the column(s) of dates. Data>Text to columns>Enter usually does the trick. If not, go...

Wrong time on incoming mail messages
Hi. I'm working in Outlook Express 6, and even though the clock on my computer is correct, the times listed for received messages is wrong. Any idea how to change this? Thanks. By How Much are they wrong! Do they have the correct date? -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia Anne & Pat Garard. apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau _______________________________________________ Yes, the date is right, but they're off by about an hour. What I can't figure out is that I thought it went by my computer clock, which is right! Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >By How Much are t...

Chart appearance using "export" method
What is the method to export Excels charts so that they have the best possible appearance? Default graphs in Excel show curves as line segments (jagged) that are clearly visible. No graphic smoothness! Is there any solution to control what is the resolution of the chart you export in "gif" file?? My own solution is to enlarge the chart in excel before exporting and then, reduce the size of the gif with photoshop. This solution does not give good results. Any idea ?? Nota: I'm using office xp with the last updates. Thanks, -- Alex St-Pierre Alex - Exporting as any bitma...

SMTP not delivering mail after POP3 connector downloads mail
I am stuck. SBS 2003 sp1. The POP3 connector is downloading email from our ISP accounts. The mail is placed into the '...POP3\Incoming Mail' folder (verified by turning off SMTP). Once SMTP is turned back on, the mail doesn't get delivered to the mail boxes...instead it ends up in the '...POP3\Failed Mail' folder. (I followed KB: 885685 for troubleshooting and verified that SMTP seems to be the problem) Event Viewer gives me these errors: ID 1060: An SMTP server does not exist locally or is not properly configured. Ensure that the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (...

How can I create global hyperlinks?
Hello all, I have been working on a network diagram for my company. I want to be able to drill down from our overall server floor image to individual racks, by inserting hyperlinks into my drawing. However, the hyperlinks seemingly only work on my local computer, meaning that others would have to insert the hyperlinks themselves. Is there any way I can place a hyperlink on an object that can be seen universally? The drill down function would seem handicapped if there was no way to do such. Note: I think I've developed a workaround. I'm going to insert pages, copy and paste dr...

post item to mail folder without sending mail
In the back of my mind I seem to remember a mechanism whereby it was possible to post an entry to a Outlook mail folder without sending a mail message. Was there such a mechanism or am I losing what's left of my memory? John Keith kd0gd@juno.com It is possible to post items to a public folder without sending mail. =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, John Keith asked: | In the back of my mind I seem to r...