Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient

Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem

I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication.
0
anonymous (74718)

Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears
|| blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate
|| this problem?
|| I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web
|| publication.

Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it look like when
you send it to yourself?
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
6/7/2004 4:15:34 PM
Is your text part of a graphic that you inserted into the Publisher file?
0
anonymous (74718)
6/7/2004 5:01:03 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JV
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web
> publication.

If you are layering objects, then they will be converted to images, which
may appear grainy depending on the user's monitor and your graphics options.

8pt text is a little on the small side for screen text, so your text is more
prone to blurring.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
6/7/2004 5:21:03 PM
Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| No, I am just typing in a text box.

Is the text box near a graphic at all?

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
6/7/2004 5:30:09 PM
No. It is not near a graphic.
I am getting the impression that MS Publsiher is not the best tool to create HTML emails....
0
anonymous (74718)
6/7/2004 5:51:02 PM
Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| No. It is not near a graphic.
|| I am getting the impression that MS Publsiher is not the best tool
|| to create HTML emails....

Well, that is not necessarily true. But if you are working with a smaller
point size, or something is affecting your html based on it's content, we
need to peek at it.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
6/7/2004 5:54:37 PM
I sent the file....as an email and now I will send it as a MS publisher file.
0
anonymous (74718)
6/7/2004 6:26:08 PM
Sounds to me that the text is getting converted to a graphic for one reason
or another, and if that is the case, 8 pt is very small and will definitely
turn rough and fuzzy. On a 17" monitor at 1280 resolution, an 8pt capital
letter will have little more than 8 pixels in height to form the character.

"JV" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I sent the file....as an email and now I will send it as a MS publisher
file.

0
mccabemm (65)
6/8/2004 1:20:26 PM
Hi McCabe's Minuteman (mccabemm@bellatlantic.net),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Sounds to me that the text is getting converted to a graphic for one
|| reason or another, and if that is the case, 8 pt is very small and
|| will definitely turn rough and fuzzy. On a 17" monitor at 1280
|| resolution, an 8pt capital letter will have little more than 8
|| pixels in height to form the character.

I have received the file and I have received the newsletter in HTML format
and it appears properly on my end. He is sending it to others to see how it
appears on their monitor.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
6/8/2004 1:28:21 PM
Interesting...

"Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi McCabe's Minuteman (mccabemm@bellatlantic.net),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || Sounds to me that the text is getting converted to a graphic for one
> || reason or another, and if that is the case, 8 pt is very small and
> || will definitely turn rough and fuzzy. On a 17" monitor at 1280
> || resolution, an 8pt capital letter will have little more than 8
> || pixels in height to form the character.
>
> I have received the file and I have received the newsletter in HTML format
> and it appears properly on my end. He is sending it to others to see how
it
> appears on their monitor.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
mccabemm (65)

create a roster

Synchronise email from computer to laptop
Hi Can anyone advise me how to set up my laptop to receive the emails that I receive on my main computer. The laptop is linked up wireless to my main computer. I also have a phone and the emails download to the phone but not to the laptop. Many thanks Saxon Using POP3? Enable the option to leave a copy on the server in your account settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.in...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Sales Process error message in web client
When viewing an opportunity in the web client, if the user goes to activities and then selects the sales process tab (next the activities and history tabs), we get the following error: An error has occurred. Contact your system administrator. No one knows what to do about this. Any suggestions? It would be nice to be able to see the summary like all the books show. Thanks. Hi normally your can solve an error like this one by following this procedure: Clear the Outlook Forms Cache in the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client. 1. Open Microsoft Outlook, and then click Options f...

Help with sending emails
I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol and am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be appreciated. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was '...

550 5.7.1 error when others send email to us
We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been working fine for years. We recently added a third domain but senders to this domain get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1. Unable to relay" when they send email to it. The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx records are correct. All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this one....please help! Go into your recipient policy and edit the new address. Make sure that the box is checked that states "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail deliver...

Where is it storing email addresses I reply to, not in contacts
Help I do not have a global contacts option that comes up. All that is available is my outlook and the contacts. outlook is empty and contact list is as it should be. When I type in s, it gives me all these addresses for people that I replied to their mail. I don't know how to find a setting to keep it from adding the email addresses and I don't know how to find where its storing them in order to delete them. Thanks They are stored in your autocompletin cache, a file with an NK2 extension. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry wh...

Move attachments from certain Exchange 2k email address to a network folder
Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Dan Williams Not to worry, i found an alternative method to do what we needed. dan_williams@newcross-nursing.com (Dan Williams) wrote in message news:<2eac5d02.0405200811.5252b7c2@posting.google.com>... > Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address > and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? > > We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. ...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

Creating an ad book

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

552 5.5.3 Too many recipients
The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <HRCEMAIL.hddf.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients> i checked to see the recipents defaults and they are setup to be 5000 under exchange mgr. what else do i need to check ? -- david where did you check? "davidn" <davidn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E3DDE25-88DD-4D89-9B63-6A6A3366DE5C@microsoft.com... > The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in...

Outlook 2003: Reply to messages using the account to which they were sent?
I have a series of email accounts set up in my Outlook 2003. All mail is delivered to my default Inbox. I'm looking for a foolproof means of ensuring that when I reply to an email... that it is sent from the account to which it was sent. I don't want to have to think to change the sending account manually... So: If an email is sent to bob@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be bob@bob.com If the email was sent to accounts@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be accounts@bob.com Any idea as to how I do this? Thanks Bob All version of Outlook...