Creating an ad book

How do I divide a page into equal sections (halves, qarters, eights)? I need to scan and type ads and coupons into this booklet. New at this.
0
anonymous (74722)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from FRSH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> How do I divide a page into equal sections (halves, qarters, eights)?

Arrange > Layout Guides > Grid Guides

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Creating html emails, with pictures like a newletter
I want ot mail customers with newsletter emails. They will include a picture or two as well, is publisher the program to use and then send as an email? Is there a better way to do classy emails just book new zealand <justbooknewzealand@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want ot mail customers with newsletter emails. They will include a > picture or two as well, is publisher the program to use and then send > as an email? No. > Is there a better way to do classy emails Yes. I'm not sure of specific application names (besides the usual e...

Referencing a table with blank rows without creating extra rows ?
Hi, here is something that should be much simpler to accomplish but somehow is very difficult to figure out. Basically, for simplicity's sake, let's say I have a simple spreadsheet shown in TABLE 1 below which has Mon-Fri in one column and dollar of sales in the second column. But the catch is that each row is separated by two blank rows. So say I would like to reference these cells below but without skipping two rows and instead have it one after another (Monday in first row, Tuesday in second, etc.) just like in TABLE 2. Unfortunately, this is not possible by saying =A1 in the fir...

How to kill a dialog box frm a class which has created by another
Hi , I am new to VC++ MFC programming. Can anybody help me? My application creates a pop-up dialog which has associated with the class called "CTakeBills". This basically displays a dialog box which has only Ok button and a disabled close button. There is a setTimer method in OnInitDialog() method of this class with a timeout of 250ms but there is no method called OnStopTimer or killTimer methods. I have another class called CCmdProcessor. My requirement is that i need to kill that dialog box programatically from this class(CCmdProcessor)which has been poped-up/created by anot...

Creating Stacked Columns Chart
MS Excel 2003 wizard allows you to create a standard chart called "stacked columns". Even using custom charts, I can not get it to create one stacked-column per category. In this case the three categories are companies (eg, co1, co2, co3), but I need two stacked-colmuns per category. One stacked column would show principal & loan amt and second stacked-column would show average and adjustments. In the end, each company should have two stacked-columns on the chart. I hope I haven't lost you. It's hard to explain. Hi, Have a look here for more information http://p...

Creating Custom Labels
Hi - I'm trying to create a custom label from an AVERY template that is not in publisher. I have contacted AVERY to get the correct dimensions but am not able to find the correct place to put them in Publisher. The Page Setup screen does not activate the controls I need to use. Please advise? -- Thank you, KDill What are the dimensions? Avery has a free program that has most of their label sizes. http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3200 Usually Avery labels have several different numbers but the content will be t...

A field on a query has a value in it I'd like to use to create tot
Cost: Proceeds: G/L St G/L LT 30,000 31,000 $1,000 25,100 24,095 ($905) 4,000 5,000 $500 $500 In the G/L St & G/L Lt field, I would like to pull out the cost/proceeds values to create a field that I can run a cost or proceed total on. I have done an IIf function that works in pulling out the values but in the report footer when I try to sum the data, it doesn't work. FYI: The iif function is this: Iif([g/l s...

How do you add text to custom columns created thru the Field Chooser pls?
Hello, If I create a custom text column via Field Chooser - New, how can I enter text into it afterwards? I'm looking to add an "annotation" column and not have it sent if/when I forward or reply to the message. Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. If you directly want to fill it out in the message list you'll have to enable "allow in-cell editing" for your view. The technique would be similar to; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/150 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://ww...

AD Sync
I use the AD sync to bring in my members and groups. It works well, however there's a second step that I apparently have to do manually: edit each user in PWA and check the box to make each user assignable. Is there any way I can make all users default to be assignable? I can't believe that I have to manually do this for 500+ users. Brian -- There are two locations in Project Server 2007 in which you can synchronize your organization's Active Directory with the Project Server system. One of these populates the Enterprise Resource Pool (and makes each resource ...

creating scatterplots
I can't seem to get Excel to do what seems a very straightforward chart: a scatterplot. I've got three continuous variables: A, B, C. Ideally, what I 'd like to do is to construct a plot with two of the variables on the X and Y axes and to encode the symbol based on the value of the third. Barring that, I'd just like to construct three separate scatterplots: Var A by Var B, Var A by Var C, Var B by Var C. Shouldn't this be reasonably simple to do in a program like Excel? Thanks in advance, David On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:26:51 -0800, David Schwartz <drs58@msn.com> wr...

How do i create a bibliography page
I am writing a paper and i have created endnotes now i want to create a bibliography page i am using word 2007 ...

Copying Address Book from Express to Outlook
I want to start using outlook for my email, and I have been using outlook express for a while. I want to copy over my current address book info from express to outlook. How can I do this? In Outlook: File > Import and Export > Internet Mail and Addresses -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17c301c3dfb5$94337220$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I want to start using outlook for my email, and I have > been using outlook express for a while. I want to copy > over my current address book info from express ...

Book/doc on converting XP program to work nicely on Vista?
Any good books or documentation, things I should know about what worked fine on XP that won't work on Vista, what needs to be modified in the program to get it to work nicely on Vista, umm, stuff like that? What's a better way than Journal Hooks for a program to record it's own keystrokes? Journal hooks was always problematic if other programs were running that didn't process their messages correctly, and now on Vista I hear journal hooks have been disabled. try Microsoft Application Verifier. "David Deley" <deleyd@gte.net> wrote in message news:vTqVi.1...

In a book how can I jump into the Table Of contents from anyplace
I have written a book "Box Building With Merle" using Microsoft Office 2007. Its written using a lot of reference to appendix topics, that can be jumped into from the table of contents. After reading the appendix topic is there some way I can then jump back into the table of contents? On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:54:01 -0800, Box Builder Merle <Box Builder Merle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have written a book "Box Building With Merle" using Microsoft Office 2007. >Its written using a lot of reference to appendix topics, that can be jumped &...

how do i create subset and union in XPath Query

Create a distinct Join
Using Access 2003, It is easy for me to a distinct Left join: Table 1 ID has 157 unique ID records. table 2 has 249 records some duplicate records in order id. SELECT DISTINCT [table1].id, [table2].CountOforderid FROM [table1] LEFT JOIN table2 ON [table1].id = table2.id; basically counts the order id uniquely among the 157 table 1 id's, However, I would like to add another field one that has duplicates in table2, but I only want the data for the unique 157 How do I get unique records in table 1 with some of the table 2 data? When I add the new field in access i get: ...

Email account not Created in exchange 2003 from AD
I've been adding users to AD and their e-mail accounts without any problems. TOday I went to add a user and their e-mail information isn't listed in the exchange e-mail addresses and their information is not in exchange. I've tried copying an existing account and even started from scratch. I went and manually added the information in the e-mail address tab but exchange doesn't see it. It looks like all my services are running and I rebooted both our domain controllers. We only have 1 exchange server. Can anyone help? Send the user an email. That or a logon into ou...

How do you create an "html" file?
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor If you know html you can enter the code directly into notepad. If not, there are numerous WYSIWYG programs out there to help you. Try searching for Coffee Cup software. "Woofy" wrote: > How do you create an "html" file? > We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display > monitor ...

Outlook 2003 Mail Merge address book help
Please can anyone help? I have a xmas card list of contact and addresses in Outlook XP (came with PDA) that I want to mail merge with Word 2000. Only those names with email addresses appear in the data list. Do I really have to enter dummy email addresses for the rest to appear? Steve -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 12151 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now! In news:AJWdnYiig7DZuOHYnZ2dnUVZ8se3...

How do I create repeating worksheets in one workbook and have it .
I have an issue at the office where a co-worker is asking how to copy a template excel worksheet 250 times to a workbook, but have first, last name and file number filled in on each copy. So have have 250 name's each having a file number. Each tab or sheet will have a name and a file number. If you have those names/numbers in a range of cells (like A1:A250 of a worksheet named List), you could run a macro. This may give you an idea: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim TemplateWks As Worksheet Dim ListWks As Worksheet Dim ListRng As Range Dim myCell As Range ...

Outlook Address Book #24
Every time I access my Outlook address book via the tool bar, it works the first time and my contacts list opens. On each subsequent try, it does not work at all unless I close Outlook and restart it. Any idea why? ...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

adding a leading 0 to only the numbers with 4 digits
I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 records, I'd like a way to add a leading zero to only the zip codes with 4 characters. Any ideas? thanks Swamp, Format/Cells/Special/Zip Code Beege "SwampYankee" <johndillworth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147451549.294898.147230@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the > leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 > records, I&...

Create column with number that increases by 1
Hi, I have a table, I want to add another column with that starts with 1 and increases by 1 each row. 1,2,3.... Is there a formula I can use? Thanks for your help. Add a field of type autonumber. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a table, I want to add another column with that starts with 1 and > increases by 1 each row. 1,2,3.... > > Is there a formula I can use? > > Thanks for your help. An autonumber column is designed only to guarantee unique values, not necessarily sequential ones. Moreover, if a user abandons adding a new record then the au...

Import address book #3
How do I import an address book from Netscape 6.x to Outlook Express. Netscape 6 doesn't have an "export" ...