create email newsletter with pictures and hyperlinks using publis

I want to create an email newsletter in publisher that will contain pictures
and hyperlinks.  Basically, I can do this right in my yahoo email but I can't
get the fancy formats like those in publisher.  What type of file should I
save it as and then how do link it to the email.  I've tried doing this
several ways including saving it as a webpage or jpg file, publishing the
page, and then copying it to the email text --- but that didn't work.
What am I doing wrong here?

"John Downing" <JohnDowning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to create an email newsletter in publisher that will contain
>pictures
> and hyperlinks.  Basically, I can do this right in my yahoo email but I
> can't
> get the fancy formats like those in publisher.  What type of file should I
> save it as and then how do link it to the email.  I've tried doing this
> several ways including saving it as a webpage or jpg file, publishing the
> page, and then copying it to the email text --- but that didn't work.
> What am I doing wrong here?
John,

A couple of things come to mind.
1. Publisher is basically a desktop publishing program.
2. Images in an html message must reside on a web server.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010743381033.aspx
Read this. http://www.microsoftfrontpage.com/usingfp/newsletters/
I use FrontPage for my newsletters. There is a free program that will
provide you with the basics: http://www.nvu.com  I have been playing with it
and it would do your job.

0
Chuck
8/5/2006 7:48:24 PM
Consider MS-ListBuilder. There is a free add-in for Publisher, too. Create
the eNewsletter as a Web Publication vs. a Print Publication. You can insert
HTML code fragments, too.

P.
--
Overcome Sales Barriers
http://salesbarriers.typepad.com/

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

> "John Downing" <JohnDowning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to create an email newsletter in publisher that will contain
> >pictures
> > and hyperlinks.  Basically, I can do this right in my yahoo email but I
> > can't
> > get the fancy formats like those in publisher.  What type of file should I
> > save it as and then how do link it to the email.  I've tried doing this
> > several ways including saving it as a webpage or jpg file, publishing the
> > page, and then copying it to the email text --- but that didn't work.
> > What am I doing wrong here?
> John,
>
> A couple of things come to mind.
> 1. Publisher is basically a desktop publishing program.
> 2. Images in an html message must reside on a web server.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010743381033.aspx
> Read this. http://www.microsoftfrontpage.com/usingfp/newsletters/
> I use FrontPage for my newsletters. There is a free program that will
> provide you with the basics: http://www.nvu.com  I have been playing with it
> and it would do your job.

0
Kooster (19)

create a roster

Synchronise email from computer to laptop
Hi Can anyone advise me how to set up my laptop to receive the emails that I receive on my main computer. The laptop is linked up wireless to my main computer. I also have a phone and the emails download to the phone but not to the laptop. Many thanks Saxon Using POP3? Enable the option to leave a copy on the server in your account settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.in...

Unwanted Hyperlink
When sending email, all URLs are doubled and "HYPERLINK" is added in front of the link. Cannot find how to stop this. Help appreciated ...

Task Create - Status

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Help with sending emails
I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol and am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be appreciated. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was '...

550 5.7.1 error when others send email to us
We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been working fine for years. We recently added a third domain but senders to this domain get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1. Unable to relay" when they send email to it. The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx records are correct. All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this one....please help! Go into your recipient policy and edit the new address. Make sure that the box is checked that states "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail deliver...

How to use PowerPoint template in my application
Hi all: I want to read some data from database then use PowerPoint template to create ppt file . How can I use this ? Thanks in advance ! Best regards . ...

Where is it storing email addresses I reply to, not in contacts
Help I do not have a global contacts option that comes up. All that is available is my outlook and the contacts. outlook is empty and contact list is as it should be. When I type in s, it gives me all these addresses for people that I replied to their mail. I don't know how to find a setting to keep it from adding the email addresses and I don't know how to find where its storing them in order to delete them. Thanks They are stored in your autocompletin cache, a file with an NK2 extension. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry wh...

Move attachments from certain Exchange 2k email address to a network folder
Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Dan Williams Not to worry, i found an alternative method to do what we needed. dan_williams@newcross-nursing.com (Dan Williams) wrote in message news:<2eac5d02.0405200811.5252b7c2@posting.google.com>... > Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address > and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? > > We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. ...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Used Pack and Go, Unable to Access & Edit File on Own Computer
Using Publisher 2003 on XP Media Reference original post 68FE9389-5F35-47F5-ABA4-05B8ACDD4EE6@microsoft.com I have read all about Pack and Go already, especially since this problem has happened and that I've used it before numerous times. However that info doesn't help. I'm 99% sure that I did NOT put to commercial printing but rather take to another computer. It was saved with imbedded fonts/graphics. Not links. The file is locked, even on the originating computer, and I can not even repack and go, it is black but when you go into it is whited out. Save as is not even an ...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

8000 Watt Generator - NEW
Still in box. Bought from Home Depot last year and never got around to hooking it up. Paid $1,300 for it. Will sell for $1,000 negotiable. Made by Devilbiss - 14 HP Briggs & Straton engine. Never even taken out of the box!!! Email pmassey at nc dot rr dot com for more details. ...

Creating an ad book