Create a page as an insert - Pub. 2007

I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
in Publisher that I haven't figured out?

 Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.

Thanks, Jim
0
grinmonger (15)

Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate from
the rest of the publication?

AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?

I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anyway
(I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the idea
is to *get the publication out*.
bj

"Jim K."  wrote in message

I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
in Publisher that I haven't figured out?

Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.

Thanks, Jim

0
bjones441 (10)
7/22/2011 5:33:41 PM
On Jul 22, 1:33=A0pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate fro=
> the rest of the publication?
>
> AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
> assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?
>
> I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anywa=
> (I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the i=
dea
> is to *get the publication out*.
> bj
>
> "Jim K." =A0wrote in message

> I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
> to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
> be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
> need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
> in Publisher that I haven't figured out?
>
> Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
> do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.
>
> Thanks, Jim

Thanks bj,
Insert is part of general flow and I will assemble. About 1/2 of the
recipients get the newsletter via email, in PDF format. The rest are
snail-mail. So I have to do most much of it twice. The PDF version (10
pages) is done. Now my task is to take pages 5 & 6 out of there and
somehow print the "insert" which will still be page-numbered in
sequence. And thanks for the link, but it didn't work. (I tried
different combos of it)
Jim
0
grinmonger (15)
7/24/2011 10:00:00 AM
"Jim K."  wrote in message

On Jul 22, 1:33 pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate from
> the rest of the publication?
>
> AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
> assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?
>
> I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anyway
> (I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the
> idea
> is to *get the publication out*.
> bj
>
> "Jim K."  wrote in message

> I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
> to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
> be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
> need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
> in Publisher that I haven't figured out?
>
> Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
> do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.
>
> Thanks, Jim

Thanks bj,
Insert is part of general flow and I will assemble. About 1/2 of the
recipients get the newsletter via email, in PDF format. The rest are
snail-mail. So I have to do most much of it twice. The PDF version (10
pages) is done. Now my task is to take pages 5 & 6 out of there and
somehow print the "insert" which will still be page-numbered in
sequence. And thanks for the link, but it didn't work. (I tried
different combos of it)
Jim
=================================

Link? I didn't give a link so don't know what you're referring to.

You could do what I've seen in some publications & number the "insert page"
as 5a & 5b or something -- though then the print wouldn't match page#s with
the pdf I suppose. That would matter if you referred to page#s somewhere
later on.
I'd have to give it more thought.
I'd probably also use some of Acrobat's functions in page-extraction.
Also the "brute force" approach to page numbering rather than
master-pages-automatic.
Or something.
Hmmmm
bj

0
bjones441 (10)

create a roster

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

2003 to 2007 02-25-08
I created a db on home computer in v. 2003. Works fine opening it in 2003 on computer at work. Then try to work with it in 2007 and every time I try to see anything in Design view I get this error: The command or action 'OpenTable' isn't available now. *You may be in a read-only database or an unconverted databse from an earlier version of MS Access. *The type of object the action applies to isn't currently selected or isn't in the active view. Use only those commands and macro actions that are currently available for this database. I've tried: ...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Task Create - Status

2007 pst files
I just installed the 2007 update of Office. Everything installed fine, however I can't open Outlook. The error message says there are errors in my Personal Folders.pst. and to use Scanpst.exe to repair it. I can't find the file. I did a search and also looked in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 folder - it's not there. How do I get the file and will this work with 2007? Thanks jan it should be located at following.. drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices wiersma7, you wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:20 ...

Create external database

How to accomplish mixed page orientation?
How can I have some pages with portrait and some pages with landscape orientation in the same visio file? Thanks, Keith Brickey Keith, In the File > Page Setup dialog, go to the "Page Size" tab and make sure that "Same as printer paper size" is not checked. When printing, you'll need to change the printer orientation to match the page that you want to print. This is only necessary if you're running a version of Visio older than Visio 2003. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keith Brickey...

How to create pie chart with %

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Macro to insert Hard Space (character 160)?
Hello, Is there a very simple macro out there that would let me insert character 160 (the hard space) into the current cell? I am looking for something like this because I want to be able to apply "accountant single" and "accountant double" underlining to a blank cell, and Excel seems to demand that some text be IN the cell before it will underline it. The hard space works perfectly, but it would be nice to be able to automate it. Many thanks for any advice, Edward Mendelson Sub HardSpace() ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160) End Sub Jerry Edward...

when form created

Insert Record
Sir i want to insert record one sheet cells into another sheets cells through command button. after saving data second data will save on next row Try this with Command Button on Sheet1: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim LRow As Long Dim MyCell As String LRow = Sheet2.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row If IsEmpty(Sheet2.Cells(LRow, 1)) Then LRow = LRow Else LRow = LRow + 1 End If MyCell = ActiveCell.Address Sheet2.Cells(LRow, 1).Value = ActiveCell.Value Sheet1.Range(MyCell).Activate End Sub Mike F "Sohail khan" <Sohail khan@discus...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Blue Toolbars in Publisher 2007
Anyway to change the color of the toolbars in Publisher 2007?...my eyes have a problem with blue. thanks...! -- glamart wrote: > Anyway to change the color of the toolbars in Publisher 2007?...my > eyes have a problem with blue. > thanks...! ================================== Changing your...Display Properties / Appearance... will also change the colors in your program UI. If you right click your desktop and choose... Properties / Appearance tab / Advanced button... open the 'Item' drop window and choose... 'Active Title Bar'....choose the colors you like for the...

Single user Outlook 2007 license for desktop and laptop
What is the cheapest way I can get an Outlook 2007 license that I can use on both my desktop and laptop? Richard As long as you are the only user, the license in a retail box is good for a desktop and a portable. it is not good for a desktop and a laptop if you and your spouse both use the computers - it has to be for computers that won't both be used at the same time. I highly recommend buying the office suite, not just outlook - you'll have a better experience when all of the office apps are the same version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2...

Creating an ad book