Copying/pasting text to text box and exporting as webpage

With Publisher 2003 when I copy text from a webpage and paste it into a text
box in Publisher 2003, it shows up fine, and is in the same format as the
original. But, when I try to use the "Publish to the Web" feature and create
a webpage out of it, and see a preview of it in a web browser, the text runs
off the edge of the page. How can I get the text to stay within bounds of the
text box I created? I am trying to redo a series of webpages I created
without having to type the content all over again.  I would like to do this
without turning the text into a "picture".  Thanks in advance
0
H (152)

Select menu EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Paste as UN-formatted text

"Randy H" <Randy H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With Publisher 2003 when I copy text from a webpage and paste it into a
> text
> box in Publisher 2003, it shows up fine, and is in the same format as the
> original. But, when I try to use the "Publish to the Web" feature and
> create
> a webpage out of it, and see a preview of it in a web browser, the text
> runs
> off the edge of the page. How can I get the text to stay within bounds of
> the
> text box I created? I am trying to redo a series of webpages I created
> without having to type the content all over again.  I would like to do
> this
> without turning the text into a "picture".  Thanks in advance

0
brains (331)
2/7/2005 4:27:44 AM
That didn't work, but thanks for the reply. Text is still running off the end
of the right edge and just keeps going.

"°°MS-Publisher°°" wrote:

> Select menu EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Paste as UN-formatted text
>

> "Randy H" <Randy H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > With Publisher 2003 when I copy text from a webpage and paste it into a
> > text
> > box in Publisher 2003, it shows up fine, and is in the same format as the
> > original. But, when I try to use the "Publish to the Web" feature and
> > create
> > a webpage out of it, and see a preview of it in a web browser, the text
> > runs
> > off the edge of the page. How can I get the text to stay within bounds of
> > the
> > text box I created? I am trying to redo a series of webpages I created
> > without having to type the content all over again.  I would like to do
> > this
> > without turning the text into a "picture".  Thanks in advance

0
H (152)
2/7/2005 5:05:08 AM
Copy and paste into Notepad. Then copy and paste into your document.
> That didn't work, but thanks for the reply. Text is still running off the
> end
> of the right edge and just keeps going.
>
> "��MS-Publisher��" wrote:
>
>> Select menu EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Paste as UN-formatted text
>>

>> "Randy H" <Randy H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > With Publisher 2003 when I copy text from a webpage and paste it into a
>> > text
>> > box in Publisher 2003, it shows up fine, and is in the same format as
>> > the
>> > original. But, when I try to use the "Publish to the Web" feature and
>> > create
>> > a webpage out of it, and see a preview of it in a web browser, the text
>> > runs
>> > off the edge of the page. How can I get the text to stay within bounds
>> > of
>> > the
>> > text box I created? I am trying to redo a series of webpages I created
>> > without having to type the content all over again.  I would like to do
>> > this
>> > without turning the text into a "picture".  Thanks in advance

0
Chuck
2/7/2005 5:26:36 AM
Other issue is the Text Frame could be corrupt.
Delete Text Frame and make new Text Frame and re-insert/paste text.

0
brains (331)

How to copy only to cells where there is data
Hello: I have created a simple macro that, among other things, places a formula in I2 that subtracts H2 from G2. The macro, then, copies this formula down the entire column of I and formats column I to be "values" instead of "formulas". That's all well and good. But I only want the macro to conduct this sort of copying and formatting of column I only where there is data in column H. I mean, if the data in the spreadsheet does not go past row 131, then I do not want any data in column I that is beyond I131. Could someone please review my macro below...

SmartList Export
whenver I am exporting data from Smart List to excel or word it export junk characters (Arabic) I am using GP 8.0 and MS Office XP anybody face same problem please give the solutions Thanks Mans Hello, Make sure you're using proper collation in SQL Server. "MANS" wrote: > whenver I am exporting data from Smart List to excel or word it export junk > characters (Arabic) I am using GP 8.0 and MS Office XP > > anybody face same problem please give the solutions > > Thanks > > Mans ...

Change Color of Header Text
Using Excel XP. Is it possible to change the color of the text in a the header area. No option to do seems to be available. Thank you in advance. That's not possible -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mark Watlock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1701001c448a0$c1b701e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel XP. Is it possible to change the color of > the text in a the header area. No option to do seems to > be available. Thank you in advance. ...

Error message when adding text to bar
Microsoft Project 2000, I am trying to add text to the right of a bar in a Gantt Chart. Don't I select "Right", then scroll down and choose "Text1" change the text to what I want to say, and hit OK? When I do, I get a pop up that says "This value is not valid in this situation, Chick the field to see if it requires text, a date, or a number, and that you typed the information correctly. How do I do that? I thought I did... Thanks for your help. -- Fabric8r ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fabric8r&...

Drop down text box
I can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way to make a multi-line text box in excel, that the user can enter any text into, and have a down arrow to click to view the entered text. I made a multi-line text box but all I can do is set it to show a vertical scroll bar. Is there anyway to have it show in drop down box style? I tried a combo box, but I only know how to set it up for validation and not to get it to let me enter my own text on multiple lines and with a drop down arrow to view the text. Can anyone help me out? Thanks. I'm not sure if this fits your problem, but you can ...

Filling a List Box in Excel from an Array
Hope someone can help. I have a listbox in excel which I am trying to populate from an array. The array is picking up certain values from a sheet depending on a previous value selected in another list box. I currently have the array code in a module. regards, Martin As an example For i = LBound(ary) To UBound(ary) Listbox1.AddItem ary(i) Next i -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7773B55-9E4C-43A1-8621-247E9E31E22C@microsoft.com... > Hope someone ...

Excel comments boxes resize after closing the file, even after co.
I set a hidden comment's size, close the Excel file, and when I reopen the file, the comments get re-sized. I tried resetting again, but to no avail. Is there a fix for this? I am running Excel 2002. ...

copying problems
i have a problem with copied objects that will change automatically to match when i don't want them to. is there any way to "unlink" them to prevent this? Change to match what? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GCC" <GCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9182E45-4585-4156-880C-C2346DE28AE3@microsoft.com... >i have a problem with copied objects that will change automatically to >match > when i don't want them to. is there any way to "unlink" them to prevent > this? Are you using a template? -- Ma...

Hide Formula & Allow Copy
Hi, I would like to know how to hide the formula & allow to users to copy the cell & get only the result (just like what past special does). I have tried “Protect Sheet”, when I protect the sheet a user can see the result (of the formula) but can't copy it because it is protected I didn’t find anything (or I missed) in the promotion’s list that allows users to copy or copy the result. When I remove the protection the user will have access on the formula (which I don’t want to). In short, I want the user to see the result of the formula & have the promotio...

Copy / Paste Function & the Office Clipboard
Excel 2003 When I copy in Excel, I am able to paste via CTRL-V or the paste tool only so long as the copied item maintains a "moving border" (i.e., the cell is bounded by a running dotted border). Other than recopying the cell, is utilizing the Office Clipboard the only way to continue to paste after the moving border is "turned off"? TIA. Karen Sorry about the double post. My first submission said it wasn't successful! "Karen" wrote: > Excel 2003 > > When I copy in Excel, I am able to paste via CTRL-V or the paste tool only > so long a...

Copy down vlookup Formula
I want to copy down this vlookup table: =VLOOKUP(A2,Q2:R14,2,FALSE) But the lookup range changes for each row i copy down Eg. B1; =VLOOKUP(A2,Q2:R14,2,FALSE) B2; =VLOOKUP(A3,*Q3:R15*,2,FALSE) B3; =VLOOKUP(A4,*Q4:R16*,2,FALSE) How do i copy down the formula & keep the same lookup range -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use =VLOOKUP(A2,$Q$2:$R$14,2,FALSE) for the range to stay the same -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sound, new i was doin somethin stupid! Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =VLOOKUP(A2,$Q$2:$R$14,2,FAL...

Problem exporting workbook to HTML
Hi all I work in a call centre, and we are looking at moving towards stats and all manner of other things to a web based system. We currently export our agent statistics from servers as csv files, run some macros and end up with workbook with 32 tabs (one for each day of the month and one for the monthly totals). As we have a number of departments and managers, each sheet within the workbook has the DATA FILTER on, enabling users to select whatever criteria they want - works fine! My problem - when I export the file as a web page, I save the whole workbook, select the interactivity o...

Numbers as text in excel
I have a file that is created via an online shopping cart, it saves the file as an excel (.xls) file and does so just nicely. The problem is in the numbers. Rather than converting a text file to excel and formatting everything as text, I have to have the part numbers formatted as they are in a text file. All leading zeros must stay intact. Example: txt file: 0012345789 This is the part desc. 10.99 1(qty) 10.99 1758961233 This is another desc 1.00 3 3.00 0983201214 This is yet another 100.89 1 100.89 in the xls file it auto-formats as this: 1...

How to disable paste operation on a CRichEditCtrl
VC++ 6.0 , MFC Hi, In my application I don't want to allow the user to copy/paste text on to a CRichEditCtrl. Basically the user copies data from a word document or notepad and does Ctrl+V then the data gets pasted in the control. Is there any option to disable this? Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks and Regards Ganga ...

Hide my combo boxes!
I have a form with some combo boxes and a group box at the bottom, the combo boxes and group box are within the section that I want to hide, but when I select the rows to hide, the cells disappear but the group box and combo boxes don't . Help! -- hays4 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hays4's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28069 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482783 Hi Hays4, On the Toolbar click on the Design Mode icon, Right click combobox you want to disappe...

Printing the Selection of a Message in Plain Text Format
Hi all, I need to print out message daily. Very often, I only print out part of the message. (As you know, the message included the past to-and-fro email.) I have no problem with the message in html format -- just high light desired area and choose the option "Selection" when print. But for message in plain text. There is no such option. It results in printing the whole message. This is a waste of paper. Is there any way to print selection as like as html format message? Billy You can open the message first and choose Edit-> Edit Message. You can now change the messag...

unpleasant sounds when using Cut & Paste
I'm running Excel 2000 under XP Home, all Office patches & updates applied (9.0.6926 SP-3). When I cut, copy and/or paste (using edit or right click menu), I hear a very unpleasant sound for each operation, something like "boin.. ggg" for cut/copy and a high pitched "swoosh" for paste. *Occasionally*, I get a normal copy sound, never a normal paste sound. This does not happen in Word, nor in any other application where the same editing operations are performed. - I've had to mute all sounds in self-defense, but this isn't a satisfactory solution. M...

Exporting Contacts and info out of CRM
Can I export all of the contacts out of CRM so a user can use them in their Outlook without CRM. We will be turning off the CRM server and reinstalling it at a later date. Or will the user lose all of their contact info? Also can the data be dumped out of the database to something like Microsoft Excel to be used to reimport back into CRM after the new installation. Bob Bob, If the users have the SFO client installed, their Contacts should Synch up with their outlook Contacts when they go Offline. As for the data, you have a few options: 1) Keep the old databases around for awhile....

Why can't I paste an Array command from one file into another file
I readily admit to having only limited knowledge of Excel and would welcome any advice on the following. I have created a workbook which contains data covering a period of three months. This file is named "Sept Oct and Nov" One sheet called "breakdown" consists of a grid which relies on how the data on the DATA sheet is interpreted. What I mean is that in the cells on the grid I have an array command which consists of the following formula =SUM(('Data'!$AD$5:$AD$15000="Tea")*('Data'!$G$5:$G$15000="Bob")*'Data'!$Z$5 :$Z$15000) ...

Problem with Combo box on form
Hi, I have built a database that contains a number of tables (a list is below) TABLE: Acorn Data TABLE: Contract Entered Data TABLE: Payment Types I have built an auto form using TABLE: Contract Entered Data as my record source the form is called FORM: Input Contracts. This form has a number of combo boxes which are linked to the table and field that contain the data. So in table (TABLE: Sales Agent Data) there is a field (CL Code & Agent Name) is have a combo box on my form and I have used the following Row Source SELECT DISTINCTROW[CL Code & Agent Name]FROM[TA...

Custom PO Export
I am trying to customize a PO in Store Operations Manager. I can Customize the XML file used to print the PO and get the fields I need. My problem is with the XSL file used to export a PO. If I customize this for the same information the fields are empty. Is it possible to customize the data in the export? And are there any resources on how to accomplish this? Thank you for your Assistance in advance Richard ...

Insert text automatically into a message (Part One)
Read "Insert text automatically into a message (Part One)" on the Entourage Help Blog for tips that will improve your productivity. It's also a great way to save your hands if you have trouble typing. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/insert_text_automatically_into.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Great article, Diane! A related point about auto-correcting that some people might find handy: Many of the terms I insert through AutoCorr...

Copy one cell to another
How can i get a cell to input the same information i type in one including text, for example: cell 1 F3: John Doe 23023 and i want the same information that i display to show up on another cell f20: John doe 23023 Help please thank you In F20 write this simple formula: =F3. "gus" wrote: > How can i get a cell to input the same information i type in one including > text, for example: > cell 1 > F3: John Doe 23023 > > and i want the same information that i display to show up on another cell > > f20: John doe 23023 > > Help please tha...

Excel MAcro to insert text from one column to other
Hello, I have a worksheet in which my data is arranged as per temp. I have Temp in one column and the corresponding value in the other. I need to inser For eg. I have temp 25C in two adjacent columns i have to make it Temp: 25C and remove the 25C from that column. Can I get some help with the Excel Macro for the same. Dhawal... Using a third, helper column such as column C, you could put this formula to CONCATENATE the two adjacent cells into one......... =A1&": "&B1 Then you could highlight column C and Do Copy > Pastespecial > Values to get rid of...

list box help
I am using a list box from the forms toolbar. This is new for me. I loaded 10 numbers of 4 digits. The output is numbers 1 to 10. I would rather it output the 4 digit numbers instead. It looks like this is not an option. Are there any good links on the list box? I have found many of the bad ones. Don't use a CellLink (assuming that is what you are currently doing); rather, assign the ListBox to use this macro instead... Sub AssignListItemToCell() With Worksheets("Sheet1").Shapes("List Box 1").OLEFormat.Object Range("A1").Value = .List(.ListI...