Copy text box with text and clip art to another PUB

Hi,

Is it possible to copy and paste a text box from one Publisher document into
another one as a complete unit - box, text, little clip art images, etc. Or
do I have to cut and paste all the bits and pieces separately. I need to
copy several text boxes with their contents from a newsletter to another
PUB, and doing it piecemeal looks like a long, tedious process.

Thank you.

Orrie

0
EB3551 (19)

Group everything and then yes, it can be done.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Orrie" <EB3551@operamail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to copy and paste a text box from one Publisher document
> into another one as a complete unit - box, text, little clip art images,
> etc. Or do I have to cut and paste all the bits and pieces separately. I
> need to copy several text boxes with their contents from a newsletter to
> another PUB, and doing it piecemeal looks like a long, tedious process.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Orrie

0
jl_paules (2767)
12/22/2007 9:02:10 PM
On Dec 22, 3:47 pm, "Orrie" <EB3...@operamail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to copy and paste a text box from one Publisher document into
> another one as a complete unit - box, text, little clip art images, etc. Or
> do I have to cut and paste all the bits and pieces separately. I need to
> copy several text boxes with their contents from a newsletter to another
> PUB, and doing it piecemeal looks like a long, tedious process.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Orrie

As Jo said, group everything together.

Then either copy and paste the group, or as I do with two monitors, I
just drag the group from one pub on monitor one into the second pub on
monitor two.

There's other little nuances like not saving pub one after you drag
the stuff, unless you don't care about pub one anymore...

You gotta think about it a bit for the ramifications.

SNC

0
mailgard (15)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

Tab , setFocus doesn't hilite the text of the field
Hi, I have many fields that should be filled by the user. I added 2 more and I would like to change the tab order. I don't like using the numbers (after pressing Ctrl D, by clicking the fields I change the order) because I have too many fields and it takes time to do that. So I used the script, in each killFocus function I called setFocus function with the right field. The problem is that this function brings the cursor to the right field BUT it doesn't hilite the value in that field so in order to change this value I have first to hilite it. How can I hilite it by script? Th...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

Macros do not appear in Macro dialog box
I create a macro by choosing Tools > Macro > Macros, entering a name, and clicking Create. In the editor I write the code, then return to Publisher and save the file. But when I choose Tools > Macro > Macros again, the created macro does not appear. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks gwasson <gwasson@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I create a macro by choosing Tools > Macro > Macros, entering a name, > and clicking Create. In the editor I write the code, then return to > Publisher and save the file. But when I choose Tools...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Outlook 2000 SP3

CDaoTableDef
I'm developing an application that uses the MicroSoft Access Jet DB engine. This is being done using C++ in VS.net. I need to change the user's db when they use the new version of the program. In particular I need to change the length of a text field in a pre-existing db without loosing the user's data. When I wanted to add a new field I used CDaoTableDef and it worked fine, but I can't locate a method to just update an existing field's properties. Any Ideas on how this can be done?? Thanks, Neil Neil if you need to alter the attributes of a tabledef object, you ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Expanding Text Box
One one slide: I need to click on title 1 and have a text box appear...then disappear when I click on title 2...and so on. Without using a macro, how can I achieve this? Thank you. Use Custom Animation to set entrance and exit on mouse click, the exact steps would be somewhat dependent on the version of PP your are using. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked and they looked like hippies." "Gina" <Gina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63087D-5125-4...

subtotal copy and paste

How do I change the text in a workbook from upper to lower case
Hi Please can anyone help with this one! I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no formulas) and I have done it in caps but now want to change all the text to lower case without having to re-type it all. Excel hslp is confusing so can anyone tell me how to do it please Thanks Mike Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mike wrote: > Hi > > Please can anyone help with this one! > > I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no > formulas) and I have done it in caps but now...

Deleting Range name's listed in the range address box.
In Excel, in the top corner of the application there is a box which list the name of a select range (e.g F19 etc..). when I use the querytables method to import a CSV onto a worksheet. This range address box, has the name of the data I have imported. when I use clear, or qyertytables delete to remove the imported data - I am unable to remove the name of the data appearing in the drop-down list for the range box. Is there anyway to delete this ? or is it not a problem ? I am concerned because I this rangelist seems to fill up pretty quickly with imported data ranges.. Choose Insert&...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Assign Numeric Value to Text
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a way to assign numberical values to 2 different letters (i.e. A equal to 1, B equal to 2). Then what I am looking to do with this is add up, all the letters in numerical value, in a column and get a total on 1 row and then the average on a 2nd row. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Happy New Years! :D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For a range A1:A100 with just one letter in each cell:- =SUMPRODUCT(CODE(UPPER($A$1:$A$100))-64) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spe...

Count text with specific criteria ignoring N/A and blanks
Hello I have a list of survey names in A3:A726 and peoples names in Y3:Y726. Column Y also contains N/A and blanks. I am doing a summary table on the next sheet so I need a formula to show if it is 'SurveyName="Manchester" then count 'Autumn 09'!Y3:Y726 to show it has 42 names listed against it (ignoring N/As) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thaks Paula Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!A3:A726="Manchester")*(sheet1!Y3:Y726<>"N/A")*(sheet1!Y3:Y726<>"")) I have not tried this but it should wo...