Converting Word to Publisher #2

I am new to Publisher and I hope I am not wasting your time.  I have a Word
document containing pictures and text, and I wish to transfer the text to
Publisher, and aftewards, I will add pictures to Publisher.  I do want the
Publisher File to have the same appearance of the Word file (minus the
pictures) but with the same margins.   My Word document is single column.
When I open the Word document in Publisher, Publisher converts it to a
two-column article and also changes the right and left margins.  How can I
just read it into Publisher without it changing margins or columns?

Thanks, Tomc
0
TomC1 (60)

What process are you using now?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to Publisher and I hope I am not wasting your time.  I have a Word
> document containing pictures and text, and I wish to transfer the text to
> Publisher, and aftewards, I will add pictures to Publisher.  I do want the
> Publisher File to have the same appearance of the Word file (minus the
> pictures) but with the same margins.   My Word document is single column.
> When I open the Word document in Publisher, Publisher converts it to a
> two-column article and also changes the right and left margins.  How can I
> just read it into Publisher without it changing margins or columns?
>
> Thanks, Tomc

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/30/2006 1:46:28 AM
TomC wrote:
> I am new to Publisher and I hope I am not wasting your
> time.  I have a Word document containing pictures and
> text, and I wish to transfer the text to Publisher, and
> aftewards, I will add pictures to Publisher.  I do want
> the Publisher File to have the same appearance of the
> Word file (minus the pictures) but with the same margins.
> My Word document is single column. When I open the Word
> document in Publisher, Publisher converts it to a
> two-column article and also changes the right and left
> margins.  How can I just read it into Publisher without
> it changing margins or columns?
>
> Thanks, Tomc
============================
Create a textbox in your Publisher project
and Copy / Paste from the Word Document?

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
6/30/2006 2:52:38 AM
JoAnn,
All I do is bring up Publisher, Highlight Publications for Print, click on
New Blank Print Publication, then Open Publisher, find the Word Document,
highlight it and click on OPEN.  Publisher then reads my Word Document but
creates two columns and changes the margins.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> What process are you using now?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am new to Publisher and I hope I am not wasting your time.  I have a Word
> > document containing pictures and text, and I wish to transfer the text to
> > Publisher, and aftewards, I will add pictures to Publisher.  I do want the
> > Publisher File to have the same appearance of the Word file (minus the
> > pictures) but with the same margins.   My Word document is single column.
> > When I open the Word document in Publisher, Publisher converts it to a
> > two-column article and also changes the right and left margins.  How can I
> > just read it into Publisher without it changing margins or columns?
> >
> > Thanks, Tomc

0
TomC1 (60)
6/30/2006 1:36:02 PM
Have you tried a simple copy and paste?

--

> JoAnn,
> All I do is bring up Publisher, Highlight Publications for Print, click on
> New Blank Print Publication, then Open Publisher, find the Word Document,
> highlight it and click on OPEN.  Publisher then reads my Word Document but
> creates two columns and changes the margins.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What process are you using now?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am new to Publisher and I hope I am not wasting your time.  I have a
>> >Word
>> > document containing pictures and text, and I wish to transfer the text
>> > Publisher, and aftewards, I will add pictures to Publisher.  I do want
>> > the
>> > Publisher File to have the same appearance of the Word file (minus the
>> > pictures) but with the same margins.   My Word document is single
>> > column.
>> > When I open the Word document in Publisher, Publisher converts it to a
>> > two-column article and also changes the right and left margins.  How
>> > can I
>> > just read it into Publisher without it changing margins or columns?
>> >
>> > Thanks, Tomc

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/30/2006 3:07:50 PM
Yes, I ended up doing that, but I had 10 pages and I had to copy and paste
one page at a time.  Even then, it changed the font size on me and it
hyphenated words like crazy so it still didn't give me a replica of my Word
document.  Is there anything i could have set to eliminate the hyphenation?
Thanks for helping.
Tomc

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Have you tried a simple copy and paste?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > JoAnn,
> > All I do is bring up Publisher, Highlight Publications for Print, click on
> > New Blank Print Publication, then Open Publisher, find the Word Document,
> > highlight it and click on OPEN.  Publisher then reads my Word Document but
> > creates two columns and changes the margins.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What process are you using now?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
TomC1 (60)
6/30/2006 4:40:02 PM
Did Publisher query you about adding text boxes and pages? If you link two text
boxes, copy all from Word, Publisher would have automatically inserted pages.

The hyphenation option, tools, language.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Yes, I ended up doing that, but I had 10 pages and I had to copy and paste
> one page at a time.  Even then, it changed the font size on me and it
> hyphenated words like crazy so it still didn't give me a replica of my Word
> document.  Is there anything i could have set to eliminate the hyphenation?
> Thanks for helping.
> Tomc
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried a simple copy and paste?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > JoAnn,
>> > All I do is bring up Publisher, Highlight Publications for Print, click on
>> > New Blank Print Publication, then Open Publisher, find the Word Document,
>> > highlight it and click on OPEN.  Publisher then reads my Word Document but
>> > creates two columns and changes the margins.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

CAN'T SEND EMAIL IN OUTLOOK #2
I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and click on "file" then 'send to", instead of the "send" button, I get a message "email blocked because of attachment". How can I get rid of OUTLOOK so that I can just use my simple OE6? Simple, you stop using outlook and set up / configure OE To be doubly sure you can uninstall OL "XJS FAN" <XJSFAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F862BA-FFFC-4B41-A59B-2BDDA895B9B6@microsoft.com... >I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Hyperlink behavior Word 2007: correct page but wrong part of page
I've searched a lot of place but have not even seen anyone else having this problem. Document is a multi-page Word 2007 form template with hyperlinks for navigation. In most cases clicking a hyperlink will take you to the correct page, and the top of the page displays. However on some pages, it either displays the bottom of the page and/or the top of the next page. Sometimes the cursor is in the first form field of the following page. With the template open, view field codes, show bookmarks and show text boundaries, I still can't see what might be causing this behavi...

Xml2PDF version 2.3 with support for WordML is released
Xml2PDF formatting engine version 2.3 May 25, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. is proud to announce the release of version 2.3 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The update includes: - WordML as a new input format; - support for fo:float in XSL-FO; - improved word and line stacking in all formats; - side floating is available in XHTML; - images can be used as a pattern in SVG; All editions of Xml2PDF formatting engine, which include Workstation, XmlSpy Plug-In, Hotfolder and .NET API, are automatically updated. Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting various XML-base...

how to convert date

Comment Font #2
Where do you chage the font default for a comment box. Each time I insert a cooment box into excel, it defaults to a font size of 8 and I have to change it to read it. Where is the setting to change this to a different font size. I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. Thanks for the help. Visit Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default Craig wrote: > > Where do you chage the font default for a comment box. Each time I insert a > cooment box into excel, it defaults to a font size of 8 and I have to change > it to read it. Where is th...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial #2
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Convert text to time value

(Publisher 2003) How do I get the two pages to print on to one pag
I need 2 pages to print on one page. I did see on a document that someone else made on my computer that the page indicators (at the bottom left; to switch between the two pages) that the folded part of the 2nd page was turned a different way, and I know that's exactly what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to. Help please? Thanks! Vampressjaden In Publisher 2000 (may be the same for other versions) File Page Setup Special fold Horizontal It will ask you if you want 4 pages - yes -- Don Vancouver, USA "Vampressjaden" <Vampressjaden@discussions.micros...

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

service pack 2
I jave install this update mulpitle time do a reboot and the system tells me that it need to instll it agian each time it say successfull any ideas Please always state what OS you're & service pack Also, could you supply some information on what your firewall is, what is the installed antivirus/security suite, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced functionality called "TeaTimer") Avira (From version 9) (Included in antivirus package), Ad-Aware, etc? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -=- SP2 ? WinXP SP2, Vista SP2, Win2K SP...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

How do I create the mirror image of any written word?
In any Word document, is there a method of creating a mirror image of any word therein? Your question would probably get a lot more help in a MS Word forum rather than this one (PowerPoint). WordArt and flipping would be one way, but without knowing the version you are using, it's hard to give much more help. When you repost in a more appropriate forum, give them some information about version and what it is exactly you are trying to accomplish. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked ...

word 2007 won't reg key
newer dell computer with OEM vista home premium installed. unable to activate word using reg key stated on the computer. tried at least 10 times, but dialog box indicates error. did bypass activation & opened a few new word docs, but when i copied some old data files into word 2007 everything locked & unable to update. still using old computer & moving some data files to the new. able to get automatic window updates though. Thanks to Dell support, the number on the box was incorrect & had to use the number on the installation disk included in the package of i...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

XML Note convert to DataSet

In POS 2.0 Under Reports the Custom is Greyed out
Why does POS 2.0 Have a custom option under reports but not let me access it? I am logging in with owner rights and it is still greyed out. Is there someway to activate this feature? The custom option is for the custom reports that you write. "Brad D" wrote: > Why does POS 2.0 Have a custom option under reports but not let me access it? > I am logging in with owner rights and it is still greyed out. Is there > someway to activate this feature? I am needing a custom report. I guess I am needing some insite into how to write them and where to save them. "tommyv...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005