Converting Publisher 98 file to pdf

Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've been
trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP)
file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't have
Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to do it.  In Publisher help
they suggest doing certain things, but when I try, the menu they speak of
isn't there, so I can't complete the action.  I'm at my wit's end.  I need
instructions very simple as I'm new to all this.  I did take my file to a
printer, but they don't use PCs and couldn't read it on a Mac.  I'm stumped.
Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks, JenNewbie
0
JenNewbie (1)

JenNewbie wrote:
> Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated
> because I've been trying to convert a Publisher 98
> (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP) file to pdf so
> that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't
> have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to
> do it.  In Publisher help they suggest doing certain
> things, but when I try, the menu they speak of isn't
> there, so I can't complete the action.  I'm at my wit's
> end.  I need instructions very simple as I'm new to all
> this.  I did take my file to a printer, but they don't
> use PCs and couldn't read it on a Mac.  I'm stumped. Any
> help would be MUCH appreciated.
>
> Thanks, JenNewbie
====================================
Try this...

Download and install the following free PDF Creator.

PrimoPDF
http://primopdf.com/

With your new program installed...open your project
in Publisher and go to...File / Print.

On your Print screen...open the drop window and
select PrimoPDF as your printer.

Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
and you can browse to a save folder.

When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
in your save folder.

The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
that has the free Adobe Reader installed.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
11/12/2004 1:05:05 AM
JenNewbie wrote:
> Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've
> been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 -
> I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer
> that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to
> do it.  In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when
> I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the
> action.  I'm at my wit's end.  I need instructions very simple as I'm
> new to all this.  I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use
> PCs and couldn't read it on a Mac.  I'm stumped. Any help would be
> MUCH appreciated.
>
> Thanks, JenNewbie

What you need is a clue. Do we have a PDF 'printer' installed? What PDF
conversion tool are we using?
lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
11/12/2004 1:13:47 AM
No I don't have a PDF printer installed, just my HP932C ink jet.  And the
converstion tool I'd use is Adobe Distiller, or Adobe Acrobat 6.0.  I think
that's what you asked!!!

Thanks,

Jen Newbie

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> JenNewbie wrote:
> > Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've
> > been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 -
> > I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer
> > that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to
> > do it.  In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when
> > I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the
> > action.  I'm at my wit's end.  I need instructions very simple as I'm
> > new to all this.  I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use
> > PCs and couldn't read it on a Mac.  I'm stumped. Any help would be
> > MUCH appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks, JenNewbie
>
> What you need is a clue. Do we have a PDF 'printer' installed? What PDF
> conversion tool are we using?
> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

0
Newbie (61)
11/12/2004 2:06:01 AM
Why not try looking at the posts from today? There's only been three or
four about creating a pdf.

Mike

JenNewbie wrote:
> Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've been
> trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP)
> file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't have
> Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to do it.  In Publisher help
> they suggest doing certain things, but when I try, the menu they speak of
> isn't there, so I can't complete the action.  I'm at my wit's end.  I need
> instructions very simple as I'm new to all this.  I did take my file to a
> printer, but they don't use PCs and couldn't read it on a Mac.  I'm stumped.
> Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
>
> Thanks, JenNewbie

0
wordwiz (948)
11/12/2004 4:09:07 AM
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 printer is called Adobe PDF. No longer called "distiller." Does
this printer show up when you go to print? You should be able to install the printer
from the Adobe setup disk.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jen Newbie" <Jen Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No I don't have a PDF printer installed, just my HP932C ink jet.  And the
> converstion tool I'd use is Adobe Distiller, or Adobe Acrobat 6.0.  I think
> that's what you asked!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jen Newbie
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> JenNewbie wrote:
>> > Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've
>> > been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 -
>> > I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer
>> > that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to
>> > do it.  In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when
>> > I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the
>> > action.  I'm at my wit's end.  I need instructions very simple as I'm
>> > new to all this.  I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use
>> > PCs and couldn't read it on a Mac.  I'm stumped. Any help would be
>> > MUCH appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks, JenNewbie
>>
>> What you need is a clue. Do we have a PDF 'printer' installed? What PDF
>> conversion tool are we using?
>> --
>> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
>> lose his marbles?

0
gsauer (5094)
11/12/2004 9:39:42 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded.  The primopdf program is the greatest -
worked brilliantly.  Thanks so much.  I will definitely search in the forum
from now on, before I ask the same question that's been addressed many times
before!

Cheers,

Jen Newbie

"John Inzer" wrote:

> JenNewbie wrote:
> > Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated
> > because I've been trying to convert a Publisher 98
> > (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP) file to pdf so
> > that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't
> > have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to
> > do it.  In Publisher help they suggest doing certain
> > things, but when I try, the menu they speak of isn't
> > there, so I can't complete the action.  I'm at my wit's
> > end.  I need instructions very simple as I'm new to all
> > this.  I did take my file to a printer, but they don't
> > use PCs and couldn't read it on a Mac.  I'm stumped. Any
> > help would be MUCH appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks, JenNewbie
> ====================================
> Try this...
>
> Download and install the following free PDF Creator.
>
> PrimoPDF
> http://primopdf.com/
>
> With your new program installed...open your project
> in Publisher and go to...File / Print.
>
> On your Print screen...open the drop window and
> select PrimoPDF as your printer.
>
> Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
> and you can browse to a save folder.
>
> When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
> in your save folder.
>
> The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
> that has the free Adobe Reader installed.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> return e-mail disabled

0
Newbie (61)

Error in Excel 03: "Cannot cut part of a publisher." Help
I keep getting the following error message when I cut and try to paste anything in an Excel 2003 Spreadsheet- "Cannot cut part of a publisher." What is this message and what do I need to do to cut and paste in this document. ...

Reading Publisher file after burning to CD
After a Publisher file is burned to a CD, error message says Publisher cannot find that file. ...

Can't get money 2002 to open money 98 backup file.
I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we backup money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried everything possible here. Thanx Ben In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money >file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on >diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we >backup money 98 to a flo...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

(Publisher 2003) How do I get the two pages to print on to one pag
I need 2 pages to print on one page. I did see on a document that someone else made on my computer that the page indicators (at the bottom left; to switch between the two pages) that the folded part of the 2nd page was turned a different way, and I know that's exactly what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to. Help please? Thanks! Vampressjaden In Publisher 2000 (may be the same for other versions) File Page Setup Special fold Horizontal It will ask you if you want 4 pages - yes -- Don Vancouver, USA "Vampressjaden" <Vampressjaden@discussions.micros...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Publisher v2.0 #2
I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0 documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was able to save files to a CD. Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows Vista). When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or something like that.) What can I do to open the files in my new computer? Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer does not have a floppy disc drive. What can I do? Thanks. "...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

How to access vrge file
I work at a law firm and need to review a number of vrge files. Are vrge file individual email files or are they the equivalent of a pst file which is a collection of emails, calendar, contacts, etc? We don't use Macs so we need the ability to view on a PC if possible. If that is NOT possible we can borrow a Mac. What is the best way to be able to view these vrge files on any platform? Thanks, Tom On 2/12/10 8:35 AM, in article FF3C8F86-C268-4129-96D3-693FD6F511CB@microsoft.com, "SoxFaninVA" <tjubb@hot.mail.spam.com> wrote: > I work at a law f...

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....